trump immunity Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
When an armed organized militia moves against the National Guard at the direction of a recent unelected president…get back with me.

The action of an unorganized small group of idiots means little to me…similar going on now as I type.

The election was irregular and a statistical outlier in many instances. It was also separated by a small number of votes — lending itself to manipulation. Rules were changed. People had a right to question it. There are still unanswered questions about it. The fact that you cannot recognize that and blindly accept what the establishment feeds you makes me skeptical of your logic.

Cult member full on display here. Never mind all those lawsuits about...you know...the law....where this shit was litigated.

Lane, you have lost your mind.

No sir.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

The GOP has certainly (by number of phone calls and letters I get) noticed that I am not supporting them like I used to.

quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:

The GOP has certainly (by number of phone calls and letters I get) noticed that I am not supporting them like I used to. I get 3 emails a day from Lara Trump. They have all but made me VP if i give them money.

Interesting.

I feel left out. I'm not getting phone calls letters or email from any political party. My robo call - spam screen must be working. Wink

Or maybe the Left is not into such desperate invasive BS.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19757 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
More of Dr. Eater’s conspiracy of the election bring irregular. He ignores every court they heard the matter rejected his position.

He ignores all the other elections lost by his side post 2020.

Due to the timeline of certification…courts are an inherently poor check/balance for election integrity. It takes ‘time’ to make a case. Time is short in this instance…very short in timeline for a complicated court case.

For those who like to study/read…there are volumes written on why court challenges to national elections are inherently destined to fail due to hard deadlines alone.

To this very day he still keeps peddling his election fraud, lies, etc., but he has had 3+ years and thus far has FAILED to provide even a shred of credible evidence to back up his claims. A person of average smarts can conclude that there isn't any. That people continue to believe him is nothing short of fuckin amazing.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Where exactly does one go about presenting this evidence? What venue?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

The GOP has certainly (by number of phone calls and letters I get) noticed that I am not supporting them like I used to.

quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:

The GOP has certainly (by number of phone calls and letters I get) noticed that I am not supporting them like I used to. I get 3 emails a day from Lara Trump. They have all but made me VP if i give them money.

Interesting.

I feel left out. I'm not getting phone calls letters or email from any political party. My robo call - spam screen must be working. Wink

Or maybe the Left is not into such desperate invasive BS.

Sonehow you get on lists. I had a guy call me last week wanting to invest in a movie script. I said sure, send me the script. he said thats not how these investments work. As the poet Notorious BIG said, more money, more problems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You get on list through donations, appearing at Party diners, answering polls.

I get campaign calls from all over. The worse was Hershel Walker and the Pro Life PAC.

Posts: 10927 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Supposedly the orange buffoon was going to present it all some time back, but never did. Wonder why. I'm sure every strand of it would get fact checked until the cows come home.

The RNC or what's left of it would be a place to start. Buy an hour's worth of time on FOX or send it to Hannity or Tucker Carlson.

Or you can just bring a new suit against the same people that trump and his merry band of misfits tried to sue the first time.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:

Supposedly the orange buffoon was going to present it all some time back, but never did. Wonder why. I'm sure every strand of it would get fact checked until the cows come home.

The RNC or what's left of it would be a place to start. Buy an hour's worth of time on FOX or send it to Hannity or Tucker Carlson.

And that would accomplish what? Preaching to the choir.

Or you can just bring a new suit against the same people that trump and his merry band of misfits tried to sue the first time.

And here in lies the rub. As I understand what went on in the close battleground states…nothing actually “illegal” went on under the election laws of 2020. NGO’s were able to harvest enough votes to make a difference. The election was decided by less than 50,000 votes across 6-8 states.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happened in the 2020 election is that Trump lost, despite his best attempts at stealing the election.

Your obfuscation of the facts continue but the facts remain, Trump lost.

Posts: 237 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
As I have always stated Steve…

…under the 2020 election laws…

…Trump lost.

The election was an anomaly however and the data bears that out.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anomalies happen, insurrections should not.

Trump is not fit to be dog catcher, let alone POTUS.

Since you concede that Trump lost, I fail to see the reason for your obfuscation.

Posts: 237 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
That is just it Steve…not obfuscating anything. Wink

Get back with me when an insurrection actually occurs…I will be there to help quell it. Cool

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the attempted insurrection did fail, despite Trump's best effort. You can add that to the very long list of his failures. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The institutions, this time, ultimately held.

That does not mean President Trump is not responsible for trying to destroy them.

President Trump wants to put Women on a registry for purposes of abortion.

President Trumps tried to gut the lawyers on the Justice Department and put in place Eastman. Eastman is the guy who articulated the unconstitutional scheme of decertification.

President Trump has said he wants the FCC to answer to his personal whim.

President Trump this week refused to state he will accept the outcome of the next election.

He is an autocrat.

He called for the Continuation to be suspended, and he reinstated to power.

Posts: 10927 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Get back with me when an insurrection actually occurs…I will be there to help quell it. Cool

That's some sort of a joke that's not funny.

Perhaps it's irony.

Let me get this straight - are you saying that in the event of a successful insurrection you would then, after the fact, help to correct it, or sustain it, depending?

But an attempted insurrection is different, in such case, would you let and support LEOs in quelling it, and the justice system in prosecutions, again depending? I'm thinking you wouldn't in the future based on your failure to support the quelling and the quelled now.

Well, the insurrection attempt is not over. It's ongoing and you are among those pushing it. That's what Trumpism and Project 2025 is all about.

Of course, if Trump is successful, you will be quelling whatever he says to quell, wholeheartedly.

================================================

https://forums.accuratereloadi...951077772#4951077772

quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
..he knows his audience, kind of like Charles Manson.

https://youtu.be/iTACH1eVIaA?si=34LpvOYmwlGHEtKj

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19757 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
The instructions, this time, ultimately held.

Thst diss mor mean President Trump is not responsible for trying to destroy them.

President Trump this week refused to state he will accept the outcome of the next election.

If/when he loses again, short of outright telling his cultists to take up arms and storm the Capitol in order to stop the certification of the electoral votes what can he do? This time they will be ready for them. Hope he plans to pony up if he demands recounts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And here in lies the rub. As I understand what went on in the close battleground states…nothing actually “illegal” went on under the election laws of 2020. NGO’s were able to harvest enough votes to make a difference. The election was decided by less than 50,000 votes across 6-8 states.

He got recounts in several states and those didn't change anything. So now you essentially admit there were irregularities, but no fraud. Would he have been better off trying the recount approach rather than using the courts? When you appeal the vote count I don't believe that you need to provide evidence of outright fraud.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He can inspire more violence against our constitutional system driving more lies into the hearts of our citizens. Lies that have and will irreparably taint our constitutional system which is grounded on faith in the institutions created by the Constitution.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

How much intelligence does it take to not vote or support someone who flat out tells you they are 180 to your beliefs? fishing

I suspect even the <100s learned to not touch the red-hot burner more than once. Wink Wink

I think you answered your own question. The answer is it could take significant intelligence to weigh the factors, when "belief" is null.

Your question is so loaded that it would take a lot of words to unpack it.

Who is the "someone" in your sentence? Fox News perhaps? Or that little snake in your head shouting affirmations?

What's "belief" got to do with it, when facts tell the tale? Why would "belief" get in the way of intelligence?

Think of "belief" as a crutch specifically used to avoid critical thinking. How does that measure in with or affect intelligence and IQ?

Using your metaphor, flip it and consider the orange-hot burner as Trump.

Trump supporters have learned nothing. Apparently, IQ or intelligence has little relationship to Trump support.

They want what he's offering. The central theme or boogie is the "belief" that the country is being lost to liberals or liberalism, and Trump affirms it and says he alone can fix all that and more.

That's clearly not IQ or intelligence but something else.

OTOH, if one thinks the notion of losing the country to liberalism is a rightist boogie, among many, and takes what Trump says and does, and says he will do given power, literally for exactly what it's worth, what is that in the analysis?

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The someone is Joe Biden. He has flat out stated many times that he wants a ban on military style semiautomatic rifles.

I believe you are and Roland has stated that he is vehemently against that.

Yet both advocate for the guy.

I doubt that Trump has a political policy that Roland vehemently disagrees with. You will state environmental protection. But besides that I doubt he has another that really gives you heartburn.

Thus, Roland exhibits the epitome of cutting his nose off to spite his face.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Perhaps it's irony.

Let me get this straight - are you saying that in the event of a successful insurrection you would then, after the fact, help to correct it, or sustain it, depending?

hmm, you honestly don't know what the word quell means?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38501 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He got recounts in several states and those didn't change anything. So now you essentially admit there were irregularities, but no fraud. Would he have been better off trying the recount approach rather than using the courts? When you appeal the vote count I don't believe that you need to provide evidence of outright fraud.

There was nothing to recount. The ballots were there and the rules, put in place for 2020, made it legal. It was ruled that signature verification was not even allowed.

Even the how of how the votes got there was probably legal enough for the 2020 COVID rules.

The moral of the story is that he with the most NGO machines to harvest votes in close races wins.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps it's irony.

English may not have been his or Joshua’s strong subject. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was nothing to recount. The ballots were there and the rules, put in place for 2020, made it legal. It was ruled that signature verification was not even allowed.

Even the how of how the votes got there was probably legal enough for the 2020 COVID rules.

The moral of the story is that he with the most NGO machines to harvest votes in close races wins.

Clean the sand out of your vagina.

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
LDO,
I would suggest you heed your own advice. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

And that^^^is the story that needs to be repeated.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, the story that needs to be repeated is that Trump lost, then he tried to steal the election and insight an insurrection. Thankfully Trump failed.

That is the story that needs to be repeated.

You are welcome Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
LDO,

You’re the crybaby. You’re the eternal victim, crying that you didn’t get your way. Crying that it’s not fair. Crying that if things were the way they should be, your dickhead candidate would be president. Grow up and pull your head out of your ass. Trump lost because more voters chose his opponent. Remember when being a victim was a negative thing? Good times. You worthless god damned crybaby.

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps it's irony.

Do I have to explain it to you?

Lane said "when an insurrection actually occurs". He didn't say when an insurrection attempt occurs, he would help quell the attempt. He said his help would happen after the fact. So, what would he help quell? Perhaps the effect of the insurrection? In his scenario it's too late to quell the insurrection.

He doesn't acknowledge that what happened on 1/6 was an act of insurrection attempt which failed. Of course, one may safely assume that if the insurrection acts on 1/6 succeeded and Trump remained in the WH, Lane would approve and make no effort to quell the successful insurrection, but instead quell opposition to it.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps it's irony.

Lane said "when an insurrection actually occurs". He didn't say when an insurrection attempt occurs, he would help quell the attempt. He said his help would happen after the fact. So, what would he help quell? Perhaps the effect of the insurrection? In his scenario it's too late to quell the insurrection.

He doesn't acknowledge that what happened on 1/6 was an act of insurrection attempt which failed. Of course, one may safely assume that if the insurrection acts on 1/6 succeeded and Trump remained in the WH, Lane would approve and make no effort to quell the successful insurrection, but instead quell opposition to it.

Had the "insurrection" succeeded would trump have been impeached a 3rd time and finally wisely removed?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
quote:
LDO,

You’re the crybaby. You’re the eternal victim, crying that you didn’t get your way. Crying that it’s not fair. Crying that if things were the way they should be, your dickhead candidate would be president. Grow up and pull your head out of your ass. Trump lost because more voters chose his opponent. Remember when being a victim was a negative thing? Good times. You worthless god damned crybaby.

pissersLDO

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps it's irony.

Get back with me when an actual attempt at insurrection occurs…I will be there to help quell it.

He doesn't acknowledge that what happened on 1/6 was an act of insurrection

Because anyone with a lick of sense can see that it wasn’t.

attempt which failed. Of course, one may safely assume that if the insurrection acts on 1/6 succeeded and Trump remained in the WH, Lane would approve and make no effort to quell the successful insurrection, but instead quell opposition to it.

As usual, the left side of your brain led your thought processes astray and you came up with the wrong conclusion.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had the "insurrection" succeeded would trump have been impeached a 3rd time and finally wisely removed?

The insurrection attempt was multi-faceted. Most, if not all the parts would have had to fall in place for it to be successful. The purpose (intent) of the 1/6 rally, protest, march to and invasion of the capitol was to cause enough chaos to delay the part Pence had to play. Pence knew that which is why he refused to be ushered out by car.

The protests, rally and invasion were last ditch. Trump already knew that Pence would not do what Trump wanted, but instead do his constitutional duty. The invasion was an attempt to force the delay. Had the ceremony not happened on the specific day, then other rules kick in, opening possibilities for Eastman's unconstitutional plan.

If Pence had left the Capitol that day the delay would have set in motion Trump's next move, per Eastman and his elaborate plan, and the fake electors would come into play and congress may have decided the outcome.

Trump had many republicans in congress going with the plan, ready to vote to keep him in power, so they could feed off his trickle-down power.

So, no - any impeachment then or in the future will not end with success at removing him from office, if he wins in 2024. If anyone can beat the system, for now it's Trump.

Even if the SCOTUS dumps the immunity case back to a lower court, which leaves it unsettled, if Trump wins in November, he will pretend or act like he's immune from both successful prosecution and impeachment, and in reality, he's done a good show that probably he is.

Just because he was less than successful the first time has practically no bearing on next time, except to serve as a trial run. He and his loyalists can hardly contain themselves awaiting the right time.

Quelling is such a meaningless word, especially coming from one complicit or explicit in insurrection, do you agree? Quelling what, by what means? Fiction?

================================================

BTW, Eastman was disbarred, and may face civil and criminal prosecutions.

And another thing about Eastman as it relates to Trump's immunity claim is that Eastman was not a WH attorney. He was Trump's personal attorney along with others such as Giuliani, Jenna Ellis and Powell, etc. So the argument about "within his official duties" hinges in part on that.

I think Giuliani and Ellis were disbarred too, but Powell escaped on a technicality.

XXX

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
LDO,

pissersLDO

Do you need to be held?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps it's irony.

Get back with me when an actual attempt at insurrection occurs…I will be there to help quell it.

attempt which failed. Of course, one may safely assume that if the insurrection acts on 1/6 succeeded and Trump remained in the WH, Lane would approve and make no effort to quell the successful insurrection, but instead quell opposition to it.

As usual, the left side of your brain led your thought processes astray and you came up with the wrong conclusion.

What do you call it when a mob takes over the US Capital Building with the intent of preventing a count of the Electoral Votes to elect Biden? Seems like an insurrection. Seems like you are a seditionist if you support it.

You've lost your mind, Lane. Cult member.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15119 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps it's irony.

What do you call it when a mob takes over the US Capital Building with the intent of preventing a count of the Electoral Votes to elect Biden? Seems like an insurrection. Seems like you are a seditionist if you support it.

You've lost your mind, Lane. Cult member.

So, i don't see where Lane SUPPORTED the jan 6 idiots -- but i do see where you've devolved into ad homme -

what he SAID was he'd be there to help quell it - that's pretty darn clear

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38501 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane may not be SUPPORTING the J6th idiots but he sure is trying to minimalize their actions. It was no sit in Jeffe.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you call it when a mob takes over the US Capital Building

They never actually “took over” the capital but they were rioters who traumatized public property and were total idiots.

Thus, I call what it was a riot.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
LDO,

pissersLDO

Do you need to be held?

One thing about it LDO…if anyone had any reservations about you actually being a psycho…you have removed all shadows of doubt. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Less is more: The Supreme Court should not decide immunity ‘for the ages’
Opinion by Alan Charles Raul, opinion contributor • 6h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...9fbbffb6e62bb2&ei=20

After listening to two and half hours of oral argument in the Donald Trump immunity case, it is perfectly clear what the Supreme Court should decide: namely, as little as possible.

In other words, the Supreme Court should set a different tack for themselves than making an immunity decision “for the ages,” as Justice Neil Gorsuch suggested. Instead, the court should keep it simple, treat the Trump immunity decision as the easy “non-official” electioneering case that it is and avoid making a definitive, complicated and time-consuming ruling on presidential immunity to address other conceivable circumstances..

The more the Supreme Court decides in the Trump immunity case, the greater the chance it will disrupt the balance of power among the branches and torque current understandings unpredictably and unnecessarily. Better for the court to decide narrowly that:

(1) there is no absolute criminal immunity for presidents;

(2) a president who uses any means (including ostensibly or tangentially official means) to overturn an election to stay in office is engaging in quintessentially personal, political electioneering: and

(3) whether future presidents are entitled to any criminal immunity for core, outer-perimeter or any other official acts will be determined based on the specific circumstances presented and constitutional values at stake.

No one, not even the Trump lawyers, claims that electioneering is entitled to any immunity at all. Given that, the district court is perfectly competent to decide at trial whether defendant Trump essentially continued his campaign for reelection by engaging in the election-subverting conduct alleged in special counsel Jack Smith’s indictment.

(there's more)

XXX