Find
Notify
Tools

trump immunity Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Roughly 1/3 of the county including Dr. Easter needs to take a civics class, and stop trying to force the Christian Nationalist, MAGA views.
The same can be said of the progressives.

There is no wrong in explaining why the overall goal and individual positions are wrong.
Very true, but in the political world both sides are opinions.

A good example is your continued attempts to mitigate President Trump’s post election behavior by comparing that to President Biden’s policies you disagree with.
Mitigate? Like hell.

Trump did what he did. No problems with that.

But you all continually defending Biden for fundamentally similar behavior is galling.

President Biden’s government has a good record at even this Supreme Court. The biggest loss being abortion.
Really? Sorry, I disagree.

The Administration’s Title IV position has been forced by Circuit Courts of Appeal rulings.

Maybe the S.ct., will overturn that policy change, but right now it tracks with the majority of the Fed Circuits.

Look at Texas. Texas’ own lawyers are telling the 5th Circuit, “ We may have went too far.”

I say it all the time, “The world you think you live in, and the world as is not the same thing. You do not really want to live in the world you say you do, because the day comes when you are in the minority.”
You realize we are a minority now, and have been for a long time?

Search and Seizure being a federal right standardized across the 50 states is a good example.

When it comes to due process rights, a state must offer at least the Federal Level incorporated by the Fed Courts through the 14th Amendment. A state can always allow more. Up until the 70s, states were given less.

That giving less makes all the far right happy. Giving less due process sounds all find and daddy until the people are adverse to you, and the resources of the state are mobilized against you w life or liberty on the line. It is what separates us from a police state.

Somewhat disagree that we are already not a police state in many ways.

If President Trumps is correct and states can make women register to monitor pregnancy to prevent or prosecute abortions in and out of the state, why can’t a state have a firearms registry? I can make the argument legally both ways using Dobbs’ own words.
Firstly, I think Trump is wrong. Secondly, why do you think so many folks have issues with lawyers? That whole being able to argue both sides using their own words.

That a 1/3 of the country supports the man who tried to keep power he had no right to under our Constitution is a problem with that 1/3.
It isn’t that simple and you know it. There are variations in the whole process there. I don’t think that the NY case should ever have been brought, but I freely agree that Trump should not be president again.

Posts: 10768 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A good example is your continued attempts to mitigate President Trump’s post election behavior by comparing that to President Biden’s policies you disagree with.
Mitigate? Like hell.

But you all continually defending Biden for fundamentally similar behavior is galling.

You and Lane should get a room. You could spin these yarns about how trump and President Biden are the same and nod at each other.

You're on Pluto. Saying that President Biden's post election behavior was "fundamentally similar" to trump's is absurd. I missed Biden inciting an insurrection. cuckoo

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15327 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obama told Biden to certify Trump. Biden was making statements about that election at that point.

Biden feels that he can run the country via executive order.

Biden has gone around the courts re the student loan thing.

They are not identical, but similar. They are both fundamentally narcissistic and believe in their own infallibility and rectitude.

Posts: 10768 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Obama told Biden to certify Trump. Biden was making statements about that election at that point.

Biden feels that he can run the country via executive order.

Biden has gone around the courts re the student loan thing.

They are not identical, but similar. They are both fundamentally narcissistic and believe in their own infallibility and rectitude.

The two things are not even remotely similar. As Jules said in Pulp Fiction "ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport."

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15327 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the point. The President ensured the peaceful transition of power. VP Biden hammered down w force every improper objection.

You can go watch it on YouTube.

I’d President Obama had done what President Trump did to either stay in office or deliver the election to HEC, successful or not, a bunch of gold on here would be screaming 2nd Amendment remedies.

However, since they prefer President Trump as president they go along with the lies of election irregularities, and mitigate.

Posts: 11346 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:
Roughly 1/3 of the county including Dr. Easter needs to take a civics class, and stop trying to force the Christian Nationalist, MAGA views.
The same can be said of the progressives.

There is no wrong in explaining why the overall goal and individual positions are wrong.
Very true, but in the political world both sides are opinions.

Mitigate? Like hell.

President Biden’s government has a good record at even this Supreme Court. The biggest loss being abortion.
Really? Sorry, I disagree.

The Administration’s Title IV position has been forced by Circuit Courts of Appeal rulings.

Maybe the S.ct., will overturn that policy change, but right now it tracks with the majority of the Fed Circuits.

Look at Texas. Texas’ own lawyers are telling the 5th Circuit, “ We may have went too far.”

I say it all the time, “The world you think you live in, and the world as is not the same thing. You do not really want to live in the world you say you do, because the day comes when you are in the minority.”
You realize we are a minority now, and have been for a long time?

Search and Seizure being a federal right standardized across the 50 states is a good example.

When it comes to due process rights, a state must offer at least the Federal Level incorporated by the Fed Courts through the 14th Amendment. A state can always allow more. Up until the 70s, states were given less.

That giving less makes all the far right happy. Giving less due process sounds all find and daddy until the people are adverse to you, and the resources of the state are mobilized against you w life or liberty on the line. It is what separates us from a police state.

Somewhat disagree that we are already not a police state in many ways.

If President Trumps is correct and states can make women register to monitor pregnancy to prevent or prosecute abortions in and out of the state, why can’t a state have a firearms registry? I can make the argument legally both ways using Dobbs’ own words.
Firstly, I think Trump is wrong. Secondly, why do you think so many folks have issues with lawyers? That whole being able to argue both sides using their own words.

That a 1/3 of the country supports the man who tried to keep power he had no right to under our Constitution is a problem with that 1/3.
It isn’t that simple and you know it. There are variations in the whole process there. I don’t think that the NY case should ever have been brought, but I freely agree that Trump should not be president again.

I believe it is that simple.

Posts: 11346 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Dr. Easter advocates for a one party system and a confederation of states w a feckless federal government.

He refuses to understand or accept that federal government protects him when it protects minorities and only wants the rights he agrees with enforced against the states by that federal government. What he does not realize is one cannot have it both ways. Either the Federal Government has supremacy to enforce federal principles or it does not.

His Christian state desire is religious tyranny. He does not like it when certain religious, Christian groups treat him like he does gay people over his life.

no, he doesn't -- YOU interpret his posts in the matter as this --- what is that you say about "not a serious person"? ... not trying to pick a fight with you, but I am pointing out your hypocrisy - if a candidate says these things, and the voters say "yes" or "no", who the heck are YOU to question their choices?

dude, issues are important enough you don't have to make stuff up and strawman someone ..

I like you, i think you're smart .. when you make dumb posts, i'll tell you -

Now, go peddle your malarky in Hamtramck or Dearborn, Or minnisomolia

There's an F ton of difference between wanting a candidate with shared morals to win than implementing sharia law ...

you do bounce off the extremes.. one day you are a nazi, wanting to control businesses via congressional law, the next you accuse a man of wanting a like minded candidate as a ya'll-quida ... then the nextg, brutally totalitarian and want to control the government of a foreign country, due to your whims

dude, take a chill pill

In a post about republican state governments going against the will of their voters, Lane said he would do the same if he held office. “Fuck the people, we’ll run things MY way”. How some people advocate for that to “save our country” is beyond me.

Posts: 7514 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no difference between implementing Sharia law and wanting to make your religious beliefs what govern us all in the public and most private sphere.

The only difference is you see Christian “shared values” which are not uniform as benevolent. You see Sharia law as non-benevolent.

They are both views of basing civil law on the “community’s” interpretation of religious text to codify civil, law.

The fact you see Sharia law, as I do, as non-benevolent is exactly why our government cannot get into the game of allowing state governments and its agents to endorse religious views through law.

No sir.

I will not chill out about the attempt of far right religious tyranny that seeks to destroy our incorporated federal rights.