New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Confession Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted
I don't want to do this, because I know I am a lightning rod for attacks and controversy and that is very disruptive to the forums, but I guess I have no choice since I have unfortunately been outed on the classifieds forum due to a really shitty high-end rifle purchase that wasn't what it seemed and has gone bad and that I am trying to work my way through.

I used to post here as adrook before Saeed rightly banned me for basically being an ass. I wasn't always an ass as anyone can search my posts and see that for the first few years of my participation, starting in 2005, my posts were pretty constructive.

I apologize to the forum for my past trangressions but also realize that there are those of you who hate me and will continue to do so, perhaps in time you will get over that, at least I hope so.

Craig Boddington....

My criticisms of Craig were one of the things that made me most unpopular. I don't know that they were the direct cause of my being banned, but they couldn't have helped. After all of the shit that I cast his way Craig actually interceded on my behalf with Saeed and asked that I not be banned but rightly so I was banned (Craig told me this story after the fact). Like I told Saeed the only bright spot in this whole sordid episode is the fact that Craig and I have gotten to know each other and have become pretty good friends. He's a helluva good guy and I really cherish the fact that we have become friends, he's even promised to stop by in Atlanta this summer for a visit when he comes through the area. I really can't say enough good things about Craig, he is a super nice guy and a class act, there's no one better.

Dave Fulson....

I was a dick to you also and have sent you a PM. Craig told me that he would stop by for a visit next month and I asked him if you would be with him because I owed you an apology as well and that you could give me a punch on the nose and Craig said he would be traveling alone so that is out but if you and I get the chance to meet face to face the drinks are on me, bud.

My friend Steve (Chipolopolo, Nganga) is my best friend as well as my business partner and I realize that there are many of you who probably detest us both, me I am sure more than Steve, but we are both pretty good guys in spite of what you may think and I trust that time will bear that out. I also think that you will find that Steve is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable African hunters to be found anywhere.

Just please give us both a chance and fire away, I guess.

Andy (adrook)

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
This is better than Jerry Springer.

Don't know you mate but any friend of Steve is a friend of mine.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
This is better than Jerry Springer.

Don't know you mate but any friend of Steve is a friend of mine.

Andy

After all what are friends for?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Precisely. I think you will find that I am not only extremely witty, charming, and good looking to boot but a damn good cook as well. I hope you have Bovril in camp because without it I am lost. I do look forward to killing some shit with you, mate.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sofa

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Isn't this facebook stuff?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
AR will never be the same. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't crazy about Chip and much, much, MUCH less so about Adrook. Welcome back. I look forward to good discusions and hope we can keep it civil this time. So far I've enjoyed/appreciated most of what Steve has offered, so the bar has been raised Andy.

Good hunting,

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:

Oprah, maybe??? But, I don't think that Facebook or Oprah allow the four letter words. Big Grin

Cane Rat:

Kidding aside, while I believe your apology to be sincere and well reasoned, your response to Fairgame kind of jumped out and somewhat ruined your mea culpa for me (and a family member who reads here, but doesn't post).

Welcome back, but, while you're at it, maybe you could tone down the language? Lots of children and women read this posts as a learning tool to see what their husbands and dads are up to and why they love Africa and safari. With that in mind, I think we should converse here as if we were a guest in someone's living room with their wife present. "Colorful" is probably "o.k.", but some words should be reserved for an all guy campfire (or the Political Forum Eeker)

JMHO, and having been guilty myself in the past, after hearing the comment of my daughter, I think she is right and I, too, need to remember that what we write is read by all kinds of folks who have no other way to judge our character (or that of other Africaphiles) except by what they read here.

Dang! I never thought I'd be a member of the word police.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
So how long has your best friend and business partner known about your presence here?

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Join hands please . . . I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony, I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company . . .

Mike

Posts: 21225 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Join hands please . . . I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony, I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company . . .

rotflmo

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dla69:
So how long has your best friend and business partner known about your presence here?

I've known all along, I wouldn't throw anybody under the bus. Even though I clearly remember Mike asking me if it was him.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
"Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of AR lives."

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:

I've known all along, I wouldn't throw anybody under the bus. Even though I clearly remember Mike asking me if it was him.

Steve

There's a difference between throwing someone under the bus and lying about it.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Hi, my name is dave though I also have a number of other handles.....

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Steve

Point made

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CR
For most of us, it's not easy to ask forgiveness because we've realized we were wrong.
Welcome back!!!!

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Jeez, with all of these confessions the AR Forum needs it's own Priest with a large supply of holy water...

Anyone else recognize the delicious irony in Andy's post regarding Boddington? Should make us all stop and think before pounding away on our computer keyboards.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG: I'll join your squad as a member of the word police. My son who's 12 surfs here along his team of international hunting buddies, he's met at SCI and other hunting conventions.

There are some sites I won't allow him to look at, but he does come in here from time to time to look at the pictures and read the threads of other father and son hunting adventures.

He thoroughly enjoyed KPete's recent post of his father, mother and son safari in Namibia. So yes, the language should be toned down in here---less profanity and less sexist. Many women post here, and they're not all truck drivers and would appreciate a cleaner atmosphere.

CaneRat your confession is healthy and I'm sure you mulled it over time and time again--as to when to come clean. Thanks for your forthright post. Most will likely forgive in due time. Welcome back belatedly! Chip, you've always been cool with me because I knew who you were and you're a damn good hunter.

Nobody in this room is perfect and at times we've all been hammered by our brothers, who've found reason to disagree with words we've posted or videos we've released. But what hurts most is when we don't know the identity of who's striking back, and hopefully with the recent turn of events that will start to change.

Meeting alot of you guys in Reno this year really helped me out, Larry, Brett, ISS, LionHunter, Safari-Lawyer to name a few. Any hunter who abides by the law is a friend of mine, regardless of ethics. Sniper shooters, or up close, even you bow dudes are cool with me, as long as you're doin' legally. I know down the road we might disagree on this board, but knowing who you are fosters the notion of a healthy disagreement.

Each other are really all we have in this hunting world, and when we turn on each other with anonymous venom our band is weakened as a whole. Let's make this forum better for all those viewing, and for future generations of hunters to come.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
quote:

Oprah, maybe??? But, I don't think that Facebook or Oprah allow the four letter words. Big Grin

Cane Rat:

Kidding aside, while I believe your apology to be sincere and well reasoned, your response to Fairgame kind of jumped out and somewhat ruined your mea culpa for me (and a family member who reads here, but doesn't post).

Welcome back, but, while you're at it, maybe you could tone down the language? Lots of children and women read this posts as a learning tool to see what their husbands and dads are up to and why they love Africa and safari. With that in mind, I think we should converse here as if we were a guest in someone's living room with their wife present. "Colorful" is probably "o.k.", but some words should be reserved for an all guy campfire (or the Political Forum Eeker)

JMHO, and having been guilty myself in the past, after hearing the comment of my daughter, I think she is right and I, too, need to remember that what we write is read by all kinds of folks who have no other way to judge our character (or that of other Africaphiles) except by what they read here.

Sorry, that's a word of endearment that I meant towards Andrew in the best possible way, one that's used around the campfire a lot, but you are correct, is not appropriate here.

Let me try again,

Andrew, you are a swell chap is what I meant and Steve tells me one of the finest PHs he's ever hunted with. I've watched you hunt together on video.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Andy
I very much appreciate the apology, and of course I accept it completely. This is a public forum, but it's life blood is the list of individual characters that enjoy stalking these threads when we are not in Africa stalking our favorite critters.
Most of us will never share campfires, but I am willing to bet that if we did, most of us would find some great qualities in even the people we butt heads with on here. I think you, Craig, and I would be great examples of that. My dad was a pretty smart guy that always knew how to turn a phrase when he was trying to drill some point into my often thick skull. He also had the habit of putting them on paper and framing them if it was something he hoped I would keep. As he is passed now, his timeless yet often simple words are all around my office and are among my greatest treasures. One fits perfectly here. It reads " THE ABILITY TO DIG YOUR HEELS IN AND FIGHT FOR A JUST CAUSE IS ONE OF THE TRAITS EVERY GOOD MAN MUST POSSESS. BUT THE ABILITY TO CHANGE YOUR VIEW, AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS WHEN THE SITUATION CALLS FOR IT IS A STRENGTH THAT TRULY GREAT MEN POSSESS"
Andy my friend, welcome back. When we meet in person you only get to buy the first beer if I get to buy you the second one !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a deal with adrook (Andy) that went as smooth as a Purdey shotgun bore. tu2

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Welcome back. You're not the first to get a little too much "keyboard courage" and won't be the last. Let's be courteous and speak as if we were sitting around a fire, and all had guns. Wink

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kumbaya!

Welcome back.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Dear Andy
I very much appreciate the apology, and of course I accept it completely. This is a public forum, but it's life blood is the list of individual characters that enjoy stalking these threads when we are not in Africa stalking our favorite critters.
Most of us will never share campfires, but I am willing to bet that if we did, most of us would find some great qualities in even the people we butt heads with on here. I think you, Craig, and I would be great examples of that. My dad was a pretty smart guy that always knew how to turn a phrase when he was trying to drill some point into my often thick skull. He also had the habit of putting them on paper and framing them if it was something he hoped I would keep. As he is passed now, his timeless yet often simple words are all around my office and are among my greatest treasures. One fits perfectly here. It reads " THE ABILITY TO DIG YOUR HEELS IN AND FIGHT FOR A JUST CAUSE IS ONE OF THE TRAITS EVERY GOOD MAN MUST POSSESS. BUT THE ABILITY TO CHANGE YOUR VIEW, AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS WHEN THE SITUATION CALLS FOR IT IS A STRENGTH THAT TRULY GREAT MEN POSSESS"
Andy my friend, welcome back. When we meet in person you only get to buy the first beer if I get to buy you the second one !

Thank you! beer

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Steve

which would you prefer?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
quote:

Cane Rat:

Sorry, that's a word of endearment that I meant towards Andrew in the best possible way, one that's used around the campfire a lot, but you are correct, is not appropriate here.

Let me try again,

Andrew, you are a swell chap is what I meant and Steve tells me one of the finest PHs he's ever hunted with. I've watched you hunt together on video.

Was that the one where I was Boddington and Steve was Fulton? Who was on who?

Joking again Dave.

Cheers Andy

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope you have Bovril in camp because without it I am lost.

You were sounding like a very reasonable man...right up to that point.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Andy Drook, AKA Adrook, AKA Cane Rat,

You are still an asshole and your apologies are as rotten as yesterdays fish. I knew who you were after only 6 posts as Cane Rat, and I wrote Saeed and told him so. You attacked me vehemently (again) and lied to me in PMs. You purposefully misled me as well. You then decided better of it and made nice with me and deleted your attacks. You have still not admitted that you do not know me and that we have never met, yet you continued to post these lies and others casting aspersions about me. Why? Because I called you out on your BS postings as Adrook as someone with no expertise, having made but one safari, and having nothing positive to contribute to AR.

Your re-entry as Cane Rat was also done without Saeeds permission nor blessing, unlike your buddy Chipo/Nganga. So your dishonesty still shines through, speaking volumes about your personal ethics. You've only declared your true Identity now that you have been outed. Unfortunately there are many new posters here who don't know your history and some who may have forgotten, but there are plenty of us who remember you only too well.

Some of your past indiscretions are, to me at least, unforgivable. Like using blatant sexual innuendo to disparage and attack Brittany Boddington when she was recovering from the unfortunate shooting of Punki during her Leopard hunt. If Craig has forgiven you for that, so be it; but I don't. There is no excuse for what you posted in the past, and saying you apologize so that you can again play on AR doesn't work for me.

It is my sincerest hope that Saeed will ban your latest incarnation, for returning under a pseudonym without his permission.

OK, asshole, go ahead and make another unsubstantiated attack on me, you know you want to. Don't bother telling me again how you'll fly across country to do me bodily harm, because I know you are nothing but a wimp. Oh, and be advised I have well over 2,000 brothers here who carry guns every day.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
I NEVER used any sexual innuendo regarding Brittany Boddington and nor would I ever do so. That is the last I have to say to you.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Oh Andy,

Please don't go away mad at me. Why I don't think I could stand it if you did.

You are a LIAR!!!

Do the AKAs 450TSX, Pepper Tick and all the others you used briefly after your ban from AR, in an attempt to continue to spread your vile swill, sound familiar? Or do you really think we all are as stupid as you?

Just do go away, you have nothing to contribute and are not wanted here.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Well I am just waiting for the day when Osama Bin Laden joins up, we will have some good debate no doubt.

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LionHunter:
Oh Andy,

Please don't go away mad at me. Why I don't think I could stand it if you did.

You are a LIAR!!!

Do the AKAs 450TSX, Pepper Tick and all the others you used briefly after your ban from AR, in an attempt to continue spread your vile swill, sound familiar? Or do you really think we all are as stupid as you?[/QUOTE]

The personal insults like this one, and from this particuliar poster, were one of the main reasons that got the first insulting-match started. Now, after generalized apologies by the other main participants, this one is back to his insults and mud-slinging.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
That's correct Steve, I was one of many who helped get Andy Drook banned by Saeed from AR. I have no regrets. Everything I've said is the truth and if you choose to ignore truth then I'm sorry for you but that is your right.

You could look it all up.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
That's correct Steve, I was one of many who helped get Andy Drook banned by Saeed from AR. I have no regrets. Everything I've said is the truth and if you choose to ignore truth then I'm sorry for you but that is your right.

You could look it all up.

Well, Mike,

WHICH IS IT?? The Truth--as you seem to agree in your first two words?
Or "ignoring the truth" as you state in your second sentence?? Can't be both.

And I suspect you were the "real-ring-leader", so take credit for it.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Rat,
I for one am glad your back...more-the-merrier...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36630 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Steve,

WTF???

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Rat,
I for one am glad your back...more-the-merrier...

I don't have to give XOXOXO's to Dave though do I??? animal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36630 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balla Balla:
Well I am just waiting for the day when Osama Bin Laden joins up, we will have some good debate no doubt.

Cheers, Peter

Already a member who posts regularly in the PF ...

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem with pushing people buttons for your own humor is twofold. It can often be misinterpreted over the internet as opposed to face to face. I see that here all the time. Secondly, it can spiral out of control easily. I think that happened here.

Personally, I do see the humor is messing with people. For example, my brother is a great golfer. There is a hole at my country club that he scored the worst of any hole he ever played. He got an 11. I always recall it as 13 just to annoy him. He knows I am kidding.

However, messing with people one doesn't even know can easily come off as insulting. A few posts go back and forth and the next thing you know it is out of control.

The guy apologized here. He apologized to Mr Boddington. What else could he do? Nothing.

If he is allowed to stay, I am sure he will be watched carefully. If he messes up again, I am sure he will be gone.

Posts: 11975 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote