THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Choosing the 6.5 Grendel as a Long Range Deer/Elk Cartridge: PITIFUL AND PATHETIC!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Choosing the 6.5 Grendel as a Long Range Deer/Elk Cartridge: PITIFUL AND PATHETIC!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
bobbie,

Fawn killers do have a different value than Big Game. That's why they put a bounty on them, have funds allocated to control them, and regularly shoot the hell out of them from helicopters. If you put equal value on the two, you have more important problems going on in your head than stringing a recurve backwards.

The story of this one I shot, recovered and finished at 934 yards is your "go to" attack. It's tired.

My Sponsor at Browning is a coyote hunting maniac. He's turned down Big Game hunts to go on hot calling trips. Browning also is a leader in the wolf war being waged in our Rocky Mountain west.

I've not criticized you for this but I will say that to me animal suffering is not any more acceptable for one species over another. I've killed coyotes too but try just as hard to make a clean kill with them as I would for a deer or any other game I hunt. Again, just my very humble opinion.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil N:
One shot and the animal is dead. That is a fact. Everything else after that is merely opinion.

Nice deer BTW.

Exactly

quote:
Originally posted by SMACK!!!!:
My younger brother took this Mulie this last week with a 6.5 Grendel he built him self. Shooting Precision Firearms Ammo, loaded with the Nolser 120gr Ballistic Tip's in brass head stamped 6.5-LBC. The ammo is incredibly accurate out of his 16" M4 contour Alexander Arms barrel. The 2-7X Vortex scope with the BDC matches the ballistic of this load almost perfectly. The shot was broadside at 493 yards, he had a little more wind drift than anticipated and the bullet impacted center of the lungs about 6 inches out of the pocket. The ballistic tip did not hit a rib going in and completely passed through the buck at this distance.The buck tried to keep his feet under him for 30 seconds or so before he went down.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil N:
One shot and the animal is dead. That is a fact. Everything else after that is merely opinion.

Nice deer BTW.

There it is, 34 posts to RC's 1800 plus and he summed it up in less than 18 words. RC speaks of chest beating, in all of his rants we have heard more about how he feels about his abilities than anything else. Crying like a snake bit girls scout.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 774 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Slug:
.. I will say that to me animal suffering is not any more acceptable for one species over another.

+1

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trax:
quote:
Originally posted by The Slug:
.. I will say that to me animal suffering is not any more acceptable for one species over another.

+1

+2

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
rcamuglia wrote:
quote:
They value a mule deer buck or a bull elk as much as a steel plate

...or about as much as YOU value a coyote (shooting it with a caliber/bullet inadequate for the range and wounding it in the arse). If you don't agree with Smack's bother's shot, that's fine, but that also means the shot you took must have been ill-advised and nothing more than a stunt as well, right?

You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

But Bobby it is OK if he wounds an animal, but not anyone eles. He is a hypocrit as well as clueless

quote:
bobbie,

Fawn killers do have a different value than Big Game. That's why they put a bounty on them, have funds allocated to control them, and regularly shoot the hell out of them from helicopters. If you put equal value on the two, you have more important problems going on in your head than stringing a recurve backwards.

The story of this one I shot, recovered and finished at 934 yards is your "go to" attack. It's tired.

My Sponsor at Browning is a coyote hunting maniac. He's turned down Big Game hunts to go on hot calling trips. Browning also is a leader in the wolf war being waged in our Rocky Mountain west.

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fawn killers do have a different value than Big Game.

That would depend.
there are times when BigGame animals are culled in large numbers, just like any other considered pest.
http://www.redstaghuntingnewzealand.com/history.php

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trax:
quote:

Fawn killers do have a different value than Big Game.

That would depend.
there are times when BigGame animals are culled in large numbers, just like any other considered pest.
http://www.redstaghuntingnewzealand.com/history.php

I have killed many, many, many a Mule deer with damage permits, with a whole lot smaller than a Grendel. Hunting is hunting but damage permits are work. 10+ Mulies on the ground as quick as you can line them up makes for a long day or night. Add two to three feet of snow and it makes for a real good time. It beats the hell out of slamming real world hunting on the internet thought. dancing

Posts: 774 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gatogordo wrote:
quote:
Why all the bullshit? It seems obvious to me that if someone doesn't like a certain cartridge for a certain application then they shouldn't and won't use it. That's their choice. Other's choices may differ. Assuming legality, it's none of their frigging business as far as I'm concerned.

---

+1. I couldn't agree more. My only issue here is the double standard one of the posters seems to think he deserves. He thinks it's perfectly fine for him to take a 930 yard shot on a coyote and shoot it in the arse, wounding it, with a .24 caliber bullet that is only traveling at 1330 fps and does not expand at that range.

Yet he takes exception -- compusively posting dozens of times in a blatant hijack of someone else's thread -- to another individual who shoots and CLEANLY KILLS a game animal with a gun/load that obviously proved up to the task.

To those who possess even the slightest bit of logic and reasoning ability, such actions -- not to mention the intermittent personal attacks -- are not only disrespectful but serve as the quintessential stamp of hypocrisy.

x2
I just can't stand people that insist on Hijacking threads, regardless of being right or wrong.

Posts: 24 | Location: Beaumont, Texas | Registered: 14 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YJ-4BT:
quote:
Gatogordo wrote:
quote:
Why all the bullshit? It seems obvious to me that if someone doesn't like a certain cartridge for a certain application then they shouldn't and won't use it. That's their choice. Other's choices may differ. Assuming legality, it's none of their frigging business as far as I'm concerned.

---

+1. I couldn't agree more. My only issue here is the double standard one of the posters seems to think he deserves. He thinks it's perfectly fine for him to take a 930 yard shot on a coyote and shoot it in the arse, wounding it, with a .24 caliber bullet that is only traveling at 1330 fps and does not expand at that range.

Yet he takes exception -- compusively posting dozens of times in a blatant hijack of someone else's thread -- to another individual who shoots and CLEANLY KILLS a game animal with a gun/load that obviously proved up to the task.

To those who possess even the slightest bit of logic and reasoning ability, such actions -- not to mention the intermittent personal attacks -- are not only disrespectful but serve as the quintessential stamp of hypocrisy.

x2
I just can't stand people that insist on Hijacking threads, regardless of being right or wrong.

There it is again, 15 posts and still more wisdom than RC's 1800 plus. I am so glad to see that there isn't another person "Brain washed" with RC or AZ's self proclaimed wisdom..... Kudos......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to have to report this, but I would feel untrue to myself, the board, and the truth if I didn't.

I'm sure trax, LOSS, bt, jwp475C3pOxyz and the balance will be quite happy to hear it.

I just received a call from Browning Arms.

Pardon me...I've got to regain my composure..sorry...aahemmm

Without my knowledge either someone here has ratted me out or they have been monitoring this thread. I've been slapped with a reprimand and have been reined in.

There has been an unprecedented drop in sales since jwp475C3pOxyz's post and the coming to the forefront of my disdain for God's creations, namely, the coyote and the dung beetle.

The massive drop in sales is strictly limited to the A-Bolt and X-Bolt line of rifles chambered for varmint cartridges, and other Browning-produced varmint related hunting products, and Hydro Fleece..the very products that the proponents of weenie calibers for Long Range Deer/Elk purchase. Nail files and pen knives for gutting, etc...as well.

I hope you're satisfied.

I've also been vehemently warned about standing up for what I might think is right and ethical, especially if it effects sales even though it may reflect the views of management and staff. I've been reminded to "hold my finger to the wind" before I speak, just like your favorite politician. (More than likely a liberal demoncat who makes decisions based on feeeelings). As you know, sponsored shooters are nothing but a mouthpiece for the company.

I've been ordered to change my official position on this subject if I want to stay in good standing.

So here you are...

Congratulations on a fine shot. You are the man. Please tell me more about your rifle. I could never do that nor would I try. You have done a lot of practice. Balistic reticles laser range finders make hitting at longer ranges a lot easier then in the past. Good shot, nice buck, put a bullet through a deers lungs and they don't go far. At that range they don't even react to the sound of the shot. Tell the other spoil sports to "F" off. They do this sort of thing in about every post these days. Excellent shooting,Excellent deer, and Excellent rifle. Take these whining bitches with a grain of salt. They don't shoot past their 100 yard urban range. It is all hunting until it is time to pull the trigger then it is all shooting after that. Impressive. Well done. You were well trained for the shot and properly equipped. I would like to have tried it. Great deer, great shot no matter what anyone says. I would never take a shot like that, simply because I am NOT capable of making it! I sure don't try to denigrate others that can. Holes kill things. I figure if a 5.56 Nato cartridge is good enough for a terrorist at any given distance then a 6.5 Grendel and a 120gr Ballistic Tip is sure good enough for a Mulie at 493 yards but then again most in their right minds have more respect for the Mulie. bewildered If it does the job, then it is obviously adequate. That's a no brainer. Continue doing what you're doing. There are seriously some weak individuals in this world. " You can't do that!, you shouldn't do that!" Oh really, I just frikn did. So how about that? Only ignorance precludes it, which is seemingly more than enough. Stick your nose in your books and read what other have done, I don't have time for it. Due to the fact I'm out in the field doing it. Three types of people in this world, those that make it happen, those that watch it happen and those that read about it all and run their SUCKS on open forums. I intentionally ran a Coyote down on a KTM 620 once. Took three good passes but the end results were as good as any .243 Win/ V-Max combo I have seen. Our marksmanship skills are well schooled and well practiced, way beond the average hunter. just because many are not comfortable at such distances doesn't give youe the right to condem others that are more than capable. YOU FEAR WHAT YOU DON"T KNOW OR CAN"T ACCOMPLISH. Looking forward to " The circle jerk, armchair team's" replies. No! you were being proved a total dumb ass and this is a desperate attempt to save whats left of your pathetic smart ass, ass. LAGHING!!!! And another moron joins the group.

animal

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sorry to have to report this, but I would feel untrue to myself, the board, and the truth if I didn't.

I'm sure trax, LOSS, bt, jwp475C3pOxyz and the balance will be quite happy to hear it.

Without my knowledge either someone here has ratted me out or they have been monitoring this thread. I've been slapped with a reprimand and have been reined in.

There has been an unprecedented drop in sales since jwp475C3pOxyz's post and the coming to the forefront of my disdain for God's creations, namely, the coyote and the dung beetle.

The massive drop in sales is strictly limited to the A-Bolt and X-Bolt line of rifles chambered for varmint cartridges, and other Browning-produced varmint related hunting products...the very products that the proponents of weenie calibers for Long Range Deer/Elk purchase. Nail files and pen knives for gutting, etc...as well.

I hope you're satisfied.

I've also been vehemently warned about standing up for what I might think is right and ethical, especially if it effects sales even though it may reflect the views of management and staff. I've been reminded to "hold my finger to the wind" before I speak, just like your favorite politician. (More than likely a liberal demoncat who makes decisions based on feeeelings). As you know, sponsored shooters are nothing but a mouthpiece for the company.

I've been ordered to change my official position on this subject if I want to stay in good standing.

So here you are...

Congratulations on a fine shot. You are the man. Please tell me more about your rifle. I could never do that nor would I try. You have done a lot of practice. Balistic reticles laser range finders make hitting at longer ranges a lot easier then in the past. Good shot, nice buck, put a bullet through a deers lungs and they don't go far. At that range they don't even react to the sound of the shot. Tell the other spoil sports to "F" off. They do this sort of thing in about every post these days. Excellent shooting,Excellent deer, and Excellent rifle. Take these whining bitches with a grain of salt. They don't shoot past their 100 yard urban range. It is all hunting until it is time to pull the trigger then it is all shooting after that. Impressive. Well done. You were well trained for the shot and properly equipped. I would like to have tried it. Great deer, great shot no matter what anyone says. I would never take a shot like that, simply because I am NOT capable of making it! I sure don't try to denigrate others that can. Holes kill things. I figure if a 5.56 Nato cartridge is good enough for a terrorist at any given distance then a 6.5 Grendel and a 120gr Ballistic Tip is sure good enough for a Mulie at 493 yards but then again most in their right minds have more respect for the Mulie. bewildered If it does the job, then it is obviously adequate. That's a no brainer. Continue doing what you're doing. There are seriously some weak individuals in this world. " You can't do that!, you shouldn't do that!" Oh really, I just frikn did. So how about that? Only ignorance precludes it, which is seemingly more than enough. Stick your nose in your books and read what other have done, I don't have time for it. Due to the fact I'm out in the field doing it. Three types of people in this world, those that make it happen, those that watch it happen and those that read about it all and run their SUCKS on open forums. I intentionally ran a Coyote down on a KTM 620 once. Took three good passes but the end results were as good as any .243 Win/ V-Max combo I have seen. Our marksmanship skills are well schooled and well practiced, way beond the average hunter. just because many are not comfortable at such distances doesn't give youe the right to condem others that are more than capable. YOU FEAR WHAT YOU DON"T KNOW OR CAN"T ACCOMPLISH. Looking forward to " The circle jerk, armchair team's" replies. No! you were being proved a total dumb ass and this is a desperate attempt to save whats left of your pathetic smart ass, ass. LAGHING!!!! And another moron joins the group.

Blah, blah, blah, blah... I have read 50 plus posts of this long winded crap. I didn't even read the first two lines of your post before I posted this, bla, bla, bla....

animal

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:

The massive drop in sales is strictly limited to the A-Bolt and X-Bolt line of rifles chambered for varmint cartridges, and other Browning-produced varmint related hunting products...the very products that the proponents of weenie calibers for Long Range Deer/Elk purchase. Nail files and pen knives for gutting, etc...as well.

I hope you're satisfied.

So here you are...

animal

And when I smoke them at 120 yards with a .375 Ultra magnum, I hear the likes of you cry about running to much gun. Take a break from your key board and pull your head out of your a$$.

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
Hey RC, I was pounding down the road to meet up with some friends that had some elk under the spotting scope today and this song was blasting away on the CD player. reminded me of you, might want to take a quick listen..It sure put a smile on my face.

http://www.playlist.com/search...ke%20a%20bitch/all/1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You really need to seek psychiatric help. PTSS?

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trust me, Im good to go. I cant even count the times I've sat in the chair and they still let me do what I do. ONLY IN AMERICA!

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am laughing my a$$ off, seriously. If I had a dollar for every left wing, bunny squeezing, tree hugging, leaf licking liberal that has said that to me I would have about 20 more custom rifles than I already do. LAUGHING.....

You may learn something here:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seriously,

I think we've gotten to know each other alright over the last week.

I'm worried about you

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously,

I think we've gotten to know each other alright over the last week.

I'm worried about you

I scare the s&$T out of myself sometimes but thats what makes it great! No need to worry, I'm either here or NOT here anymore. That's the way it works.

You will love this then:

http://www.playlist.com/search...ks#nice%20shot/all/1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK.

I'm sure you can tell that besides learning a ton about things I need to, this forum is a comedic outlet for me. I really don't take the back and forth feuds too seriously.

We are all pretty much the same here, into the same things. I've said it many times before, we all have more in common than differences.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The song won't play on my phone.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Smack,

There is nothing on this subject that I have posted that isn't true. What isn't? The rules for holding off in the wind? Maybe some guys here can break the rules of physics, but it sure ain't me.

You are right. I should stick to magazine articles. At least I get paid for my time, which I must confess isn't a lot - but each piece buys a new rifle if you throw in the writer's discount. And it is a nice break from running my software company, which pays the bills for the hunting I do. What do you get for all your effort here?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Smack,

There is nothing on this subject that I have posted that isn't true. What isn't? The rules for holding off in the wind? Maybe some guys here can break the rules of physics, but it sure ain't me.

You are right. I should stick to magazine articles. At least I get paid for my time, which I must confess isn't a lot - but each piece buys a new rifle if you throw in the writer's discount. And it is a nice break from running my software company, which pays the bills for the hunting I do. What do you get for all your effort here?

Software company.. The guy that took the shot could give you a lesson or two on software. Seeing the US Navy, Israeli Ministry of defense and the Department of homeland security are all on his resume. Keep running your SUCK.

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The song won't play on my phone.

I guess real world ballistics isn't the only thing you need to update.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have a PM smack

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope you're satisfied.

So here you are...

animal

you are a number one first class prick. I appreciate a man that wants to be the best and you have acchieved first class status, congradulations tu2

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
So you were a SWAB JOCKEY! rotflmo Us guys in the CORPS certainly appreciated you all toting us around where ever we wanted to go. And especially all those nice clean decks for us to leave Black Heel Marks on. animal
-----

Really appreciate all the input by everyone in the thread. I've just about come around on this entire thought process of using totally Inadequate Cartridges myself. Closest thing I have to the Groandel is a 223Rem, the 22LR using CB Caps and my 17RR(RedRyder). Looking out the window, I "might" just go take a few 1000yd shots at Game with some of them. I've shot them a lot, so I know their Trajectory as well as any Cray computer, or "maybe" almost as well as even smack.

Wind? Probably just hold 84-89deg Into-the-Wind to take care of that. I'll be shooting for the Eye Pupil at that close of a distance and will consider it a bad shot if the Bullet(or BB) makes impact with the Iris. For darn sure not into the White portion, which only an unskilled Rookie would do.

Yep, sounds like a plan.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
So you were a SWAB JOCKEY! rotflmo Us guys in the CORPS certainly appreciated you all toting us around where ever we wanted to go. And especially all those nice clean decks for us to leave Black Heel Marks on. animal
-----

What was your MOS, Hot Core?

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you are a number one first class prick. I appreciate a man that wants to be the best and you have acchieved first class status, congradulations

Cute pointy hat you have on! knife

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
you are a number one first class prick. I appreciate a man that wants to be the best and you have acchieved first class status, congradulations

Oh oh, the spelling police have arrived! But what's most important when it comes to knowing whether a cartridge is adequate or not for the task at hand, that little funnel-shaped paper hat you wear is appropriate.

No more Browning Hydro-Fleece for me, thanks to you and your brilliant public relations.

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is pointless to argue with a guy who thinks 6 inches of wind drift on an animal is something to brag about or one who thinks the correct hold for a "quartering" wind is 1/4 the full value. Man, that last one is pure physics.

Had a great time shooting last night at 750 and 700 yards. Held .7 milrads for wind to hit and hit 2 inches left of where I was aiming. At 700 I shot two calibers; one I held .5 mrads and hit my 3 inch cirlce, and the other was 4 inches to the right. Shot another just to confirm that wild shot and it hit an inch to the right and two inches low.

You guys have a nice day. When you shoot something big enough to mount, let me know. Or did you mount those dinky bucks and does?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
It is pointless to argue with a guy who thinks 6 inches of wind drift on an animal is something to brag about or one who thinks the correct hold for a "quartering" wind is 1/4 the full value. Man, that last one is pure physics.

Had a great time shooting last night at 750 and 700 yards. Held .7 milrads for wind to hit and hit 2 inches left of where I was aiming. At 700 I shot two calibers; one I held .5 mrads and hit my 3 inch cirlce, and the other was 4 inches to the right. Shot another just to confirm that wild shot and it hit an inch to the right and two inches low.

You guys have a nice day. When you shoot something big enough to mount, let me know. Or did you mount those dinky bucks and does?

Which shot of the ones you made would not equal a dead animal?

When you actually kill something, let me know.

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is my take on this whole thread(_Opinions are like assholes,everyone has one)Bla,bla,bla,yada,yada,yada Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:
quote:
quote:

Oh oh, the spelling police have arrived! But what's most important when it comes to knowing whether a cartridge is adequate or not for the task at hand, that little funnel-shaped paper hat you wear is appropriate.

No more Browning Hydro-Fleece for me, thanks to you and your brilliant public relations.

The Official Chief of the Spelling Police, Vapo, is on an elk hunt. He "Deputized" me before he left. Big Grin

Thanks for letting us know about the Hydro Fleece. All the Big Wigs at Browning completely understood the drop in sales for the weenie chamberings and varmint stuff because of your post, but were scratching their heads about the dismal sales figures on the Hydro Fleece. bewildered I'll fill them in. I went back to my original "Reprimand Spoof Post" and edited in the Hydro Fleece. Thanks, I like to be thorough.

quote:
originally posted by AnotherAZWriter..

You're right AZ!

A friend of mine recently told me that logic doesn't work on these guys. They will continue to snipe and spout whatever they want. Since guys like that typically stay almost completely anonymous they will only divulge or fabricate the amount of experience that they feel will help their case. They'll never admit to their mistakes. The only thing worse than a hunter's ego is an anonymous hunter's ego. He's met and hunted with hundreds of these guys who only count the experiences where everything goes right. They are often blind to their failures. There is no way to check how many of these guys have wounded and lost 3 animals for every one they found.

He told me that the for blame much of this behavior is the lack of consequences on both ends of the gun. On the muzzle end, a crumby shot results in the slow agonizing death of an animal over the course of several days. On the butt end, as long as no one has decent ethics, there are no consequences. Before the animal has even stiffened up or been drug down by predators, the "hunter" is back in their warm home and they've long forgotten about any possible mistakes they may have made.

Like you have, he told me that I'm wasting my time trying to use logic on these guys, they will never admit when they're wrong and will just turn things personal to misdirect the conversation.

He hates to see us working so hard to use facts when it won't work with these types of guys. In person or in the field yes, but not when they're able to hide their skill or lack-there-of behind their keyboard.

quote:

You ought to join us at the SRM sometime. You'll have a ball! Good shooting.

Best wishes to you all...

One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
horse

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
pee wee caliber and sniping, i thought this were the american big game hunting forum
apparently not.

have a good day

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
pee wee caliber and sniping, i thought this were the american big game hunting forum
apparently not.

have a good day

peter

Its actually The Pissing Contest Forum. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
apparently not.

have a good day

peter

Its actually The Pissing Contest Forum. Roll Eyes

Wouldn't that be the political forum??

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
What was your MOS, Hot Core?
6214, 6217 and all of us were 0311s(if my memory hasn't confused the numbers in 40 years).

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
My MOS was 0311 -- with nothing preceeding it..... Big Grin

Semper Fidelis