THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    1,000lb rabbit killed by .500 S&W
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1,000lb rabbit killed by .500 S&W
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
rotflmo

what do ya'll think? I think it was someone else's pet even though it said they tracked it for miles and shot it many times

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
animal

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
lol Looks good to me!

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
LOL, Justin!! jumping

Now all we need to do is give this pet a name!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
LOL, Justin!! jumping

Now all we need to do is give this pet a name!

I thought it's name was "Fred" rotflmo

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of greghud
posted Hide Post
gold.
greg

Posts: 383 | Location: top end oz | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Oh, come on now...

I doubt that rabbit weighs more than 950 tops Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BwaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaa I spit my Coffee all over The keyboard.What a Big Wascally Wabb clapit!!!!

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Pretty good sized one. Should make nice fried coney-cojones.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's been one of those rabbits that's been fed irradiated carrots !!! dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's taken a few days to comment, I could not stop laughing. Super, super job. Need to send it to the papers. dancing

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bfrshooter:
It's taken a few days to comment, I could not stop laughing. Super, super job. Need to send it to the papers. dancing

Could you see Good Morning America doing another story on the kid only this time questioning him about the monster bunny he took? dancing clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rabbits, TV ?? Does anyone remember the TV show where John Wayne walks on stage dressed in a rabbit suit ?? Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang that is one big rabbit Eeker

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
laugh spit is hard to clean off the screen Mad

funny as hell animal

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canned hunt I'll bet. I shot one bigger fair chase, in the snow, with a bow. Mine's ears measured longer. That one still has milk on its lips. I would have passed. I want to know which bullet he used.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
^ LoL

one of us
posted Hide Post
You should all see the Wallace and Gromit movie " The Curse of the Were-Rabbit " !! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wish it had antlers wonder how big would it b,them.LOL

ur 3 greatest hunts r ur first ur last and ur next

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that picture has been photoshopped...them ears look a little large for the rabbits body size...and that kid is too far behind the animal in an attempt to make it appear larger...and that gun looks waaay to small to cleanly kill such large game..humanely

shortgun

Posts: 147 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going to post my 880 pound squirel, but not now.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is my 1000 pound squirrel, me and my buddy got! Darn near used the whole magazine on him!

Posts: 40 | Location: Asheville, NC | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Is that a curb or a retaining wall?! jumping

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
lol Think those ears will make the new #1 Boone and Crockett?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Looks like that squirrel was shot behind a fence
Big Grin rotflmo

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, it was a high fence operation... Big Grin

Posts: 40 | Location: Asheville, NC | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
that was my pet "squirrely" he was hand fed and would not hurt anyone Wink

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
I saw a movie once about giant killer rabits.. I think it was called Night of the Lepus? As a matter of fact I bet the poor fellow was part of the cast. The film was terrible (imagine that) so his carrer probably went down the tubes and in an act of deperation he offered him self up to the hunting Gods.

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
Night of Lepus? Your aging yourself!!! I remember that movie, slow motion killer bunnies, it was hilarious!!! Wasn't Stuart Whitman in it?

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
(From Wikapedia)

Night of the Lepus is a 1972 B-movie horror film in which giant mutant rabbits terrorize the Southwestern United States. The film was directed by William F. Claxton, written by Don Holliday and Gene R. Kearney, and starred Stuart Whitman as the main character, as well as Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun, and DeForest Kelly, best known for his performance as Dr. Leonard McCoy on Star Trek. It was adapted from the novel The Year of the Angry Rabbit written by Russell Braddon.

The film is relatively obscure, but maintains a small but devout cult following, and has even been referenced in some more mainstream, popular films. For instance, footage appears briefly in the science fiction film The Matrix, and throughout the drama film Natural Born Killers. It has also been referenced in Judge Frank Easterbrook's opinion in ProCD, Inc. v. Zeidenberg, 86 F.3d 1447 (7th Cir. 1996).

[edit] Plot
Rancher Cole Hillman is having problems with the rabbit population on his ranch, who are destroying his crops. College president Elgin Clark, as a favor to benefactor Cole, calls in zoologists Roy and Gerry Bennett, who create an (untested) serum for disrupting the breeding cycle of rabbits. However, their daughter Amanda has become attached to the uninjected rabbit that has become the serum's test subject, and switches it with an already-injected bunny. The injected rabbit gets away and breeds. The serum doesn't disrupt their breeding cycle, but does something worse: it causes the rabbits to become gigantic meat-eaters. When several people are slaughtered by the carnivirous carrot-munchers, Roy and Gerry attempt to find a solution before the whole of the American Southwest is overrun by giant rabbits.

[edit] Trivia
Actors Paul Fix and DeForest Kelley had previously played (respectively) Dr. Mark Piper, the second Chief Medical Officer of the Starship Enterprise, and his replacement, Dr. Leonard McCoy on Star Trek. Star Trek fans are treated to the interesting sight of the two actors interacting and sharing several scenes together.

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=300992352962956...&sourceid=searchfeed

HA!

you would need a minigun to take care of that herd of bunnies...

did the movie explain how the rabbits turned into carnivores???

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
here is giraffezilla caged and waiting for a bubbakid to shoot...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
rotflmo

what do ya'll think? I think it was someone else's pet even though it said they tracked it for miles and shot it many times

Is this a Flemish Giant? I did not know the get that big.

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like a key chain with that rabbits foot....

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
animal animal animal

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hughiam:
Night of Lepus? Your aging yourself!!! I remember that movie, slow motion killer bunnies, it was hilarious!!! Wasn't Stuart Whitman in it?

I don't remeber who was actually in the movie as it is older than I am. I grew up watching all kinds of monster/horror ficks. I just remembered this one cause of the huge killer bunnies!

Just added it to my Netfilx queue. So bad it's good, right on par with "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"!

Boomstick,

Apparently a group of ranchers tries to stunt the rabbits growth with a homemade hormone supplement. Their plan backfires and turns the rabbits into huge flesh eating mutants.

Silly ranchers...giant mutant rabbits are for bubba kids!!!!!!

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Enough, enough! My sides hurt and my booze bottle is going empty. This post just has to kept at the top forever.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

now THATS a squirrel

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blammer:
Here is my 1000 pound squirrel, me and my buddy got! Darn near used the whole magazine on him!

PERSONALLY I would never use such a light rifle on a giant red squirrel. Last normal sized red squirrel I shot took 2- 500gr slugs from my 45-70 before I broke its charge.
what is the bag limit where you live?

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YOU WANT a REAL true to life horror story, a camera crew actually caught on tape a record of giant animals attacking.. it was released as a true tale of terror called THE FOOD OF THE GODS.

that is a swarm of MICE destroying that full size motor home.

one of the poor producers who got caught by the horse sized mice

for a true persective, here is a normal sized man battling one of the mice.

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote