New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania lion update
 Login/Join

Picture of Mguu
posted
Tanzania is finally enforcing 6-year age limitation on lions.

5-year olds will pass, but nothing younger will be exported.

$5,000 fine, plus PH loses his licence.

Posts: 23 | Location: Tanzania-Germany | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Now all the older Lion's will be getting face lifts and using anti-aging cream. Big Grin

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mguu:
Tanzania is finally enforcing 6-year age limitation on lions.

5-year olds will pass, but nothing younger will be exported.

$5,000 fine, plus PH loses his licence.

Mguu and where did you hear that from?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was in the Hunting Report I believe.

Posts: 11997 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
It was in the Hunting Report I believe.

Are we witnessing the birth of canned lion projects in TZ?

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
How will they assess age posthumously?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:

Brett

X-Ray of the 2nd canine which cannot be done by the PH when it's still alive Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I read the Article in the Hunting Report E-Mail Extra that came out today.

Does anyone know why the Tanzania Government has implemented the $5,000 rule and loss of PH license? Were too many young lions being killed?

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9380 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kibokolambogo:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:

Brett

X-Ray of the 2nd canine which cannot be done by the PH when it's still alive Big Grin

Quick someone call Cuddeback and tell them we need a no flash trail camera with X-Ray capability!!! Seriously thought I think this will be a good thing!!! They took the step to make the law now they need to enforce it.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
The Minister of Retrobution will personally see that each mature Lion has his own ear tag.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine had his AARP card in his wallet.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
I read the Article in the Hunting Report E-Mail Extra that came out today.

Does anyone know why the Tanzania Government has implemented the $5,000 rule and loss of PH license? Were too many young lions being killed?

My impression is that some companies are very good about the age limit. Others give it an honest effort and still others it's the Wild West and anything goes! So a little enforcement has probably been needed from the start.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This just mean lots of lions will be passed on.
What PH is going to risk losing his lic.
This is big news.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Mine had his AARP card in his wallet.
Dutch

ya gotta watch out for those old bastards! Big Grin

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
The lions are all four years older since I was there last...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Mguu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:

Mguu and where did you hear that from?[/QUOTE]

Bwanamich

I'm embarrassed to say I heard it on Twitter(Hunting Report's Barbara Crown).In the "good old days" I would've said I heard "a bird in the bush".

http://twitter.com/barbaracrown

Off topic,but it reminds me of the first time I saw a Masai elder walking in the bush with his cell phone stuck to his head next to his snuff bottle.

Its difficult to come to grips with the old ways and the artifices of civilization.

Posts: 23 | Location: Tanzania-Germany | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ladies & Gentlemen,

The issue of sustainable lion hunting in Tanzania was discussed dueing the annual Stakeholders meeting between operators and Ministry. There was some pressure to discuss the matter due to the upcoming COP 14 proposal by Kenya et alia to uplist lion to Appendix 1.

There were several proposals made and the one listed by Mguu was just one of them. Nothing has been decided yet!

Having said that, the Director of Wildlife (DoW) sent out a circular to all Tanzanian Block holders/operators in 2005 that the legal "age" to shoot a lion had to be 6 years. Any lion under 6 would not be allowed to be exported. So in essence, this directive exists since 2005! Unfortunately, it has not been implemented due to lack of resources, training, etc, etc.

There is all indication though that the current DoW intends to establish a "monitoring team" whose job it will be to analyze all lion trophies before export and approve those that are considered to be 6 or over.

Let us face it; IT IS NECESSARY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! To resist this and maintain status quo will lead to the full closure of wild lions, period!

Kibokolambogo: It's X-ray of 1st premolar, which is the 2nd small tooth behind the upper canines. You will agree there are many ways of approximating the age of a lion BEFORE it is shot and therefore avoid taking a 3, 4 year old lion. The x-ray is just a tool to confirm or not the age approximation done prior to hunting it.

Kathi: Would you kindly post a link or the article for me/us who are not members of the hunting report? And yes, too many young lions are being taken but No the Government has not implemented the measures you mention yet.

BAB:
quote:
My impression is that some companies are very good about the age limit. Others give it an honest effort and still others it's the Wild West and anything goes! So a little enforcement has probably been needed from the start.

Well said!

Jeff h: A lot of lions should have be passed on regardless of whether or not this happens. By the way it is not being implemented yet.

A "verification process" is necessary and it needs to be urgently set-up IMHO. There are good programs in the Niassa reserves in Moz and in Zambia so those modules can easily be adopted for quick action. A lot of errors will happen - and therefore young lions shot - before an entire industry can reach a common standard. But such a move will/should immeadiately bring to a halt the unnecessary shooting of 2,3 and 4 year old males which is really the crux of the problem. Whatever system is adopted, the penalties cannot be as suggested above for first offenders. The aim should be NOT to penalize the client for the error made by the PH. I would suggest that the client receives his trophy anyway, perhaps with a fine so that next time they are more careful and participate in the decision making on whether or not the lion they are hunting is acceptable. It would make everyone interested in a lion hunt do a bit of research on age determination which is a good thing IMO.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Mguu
posted Hide Post
Here you go

An E-Mail Extra Bulletin

Tanzania To Enforce Age Limits On Trophy Lions;
So, Who Got Those Namibian Government Trophy Concessions?
Hunting Opened In Malawi

Lions determined to be less than five years old will no longer be exportable from Tanzania. Furthermore, killing a juvenile lion will earn you a $5,000 penalty, and the PH responsible may lose his license. That's according to John J. Jackson, III, of Conservation Force. He reports on this development in the coming August 2009 issue of his Conservation Force Bulletin, to be delivered to Hunting Report Email Extra subscribers later this week.

Seems Tanzania's Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism and the Tanzania Hunting Operators Association (TAHOA) have passed a resolution imposing these new restrictions on lion hunting. The idea is to encourage everyone to limit trophy-hunted lion to animals six years of age and older. While the taking of a five-year-old lion will be tolerated, younger lions will not be exportable and will incur the hefty fine mentioned above. In the event lion less than four years old are taken, the professional hunter will lose his PH license.

This is the latest effort to save lion from being uplisted to Appendix I of CITES at the next CITES meeting. While many Tanzanian operators have been employing the six-year rule for the last few years, many others have not, leading to this regulatory measure.

Hunters going in the field after lion this season should practice extra care in selecting a mature lion.

Jackson's book A Hunter's Guide to Aging Lions in Eastern and Southern Africa is a valuable field guide to judging lions in the bush. It's available from The Hunting Report for $16.95, plus shipping.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"You heard it first on Hunting Report!"

this would be the first time Hunting Report 'jumped the gun' on something.... right???

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be doing a lion hunt hunt there next year. I like the rule as I've already taken a younger lion and I wouldn't do that again.
With the cost of lion hunting, I'm sure this rule will affect some hunters choice, to hunt or not hunt lions.I'm sure the success rate will drop to 10% to 20% country wide.

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Its likely to the benefit of the game scout who will have a stern look on his face and his hand out if the just-shot lion turns out to be a little young just like they do if a zebra turns out to be a shebra.

The PH cannot afford to lose his license over a mistake.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palmer:
Its likely to the benefit of the game scout who will have a stern look on his face and his hand out if the just-shot lion turns out to be a little young just like they do if a zebra turns out to be a shebra.

The PH cannot afford to lose his license over a mistake.

Are there any other countries in Africa that have similar limitations on Elephant, Leopard and Lion
or are these limitations applicable to Tanzania only?

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Kibokolambogo

As far as I can remember, no other countries have minimums the way Tanzania does but as hard as it makes it for the PH, I tend to think the system of minimums is a good idea for maintaining trophy quality etc in the long term.

Where I think Tanzania does go wrong with their game laws is that they should have just one set of them, and they could do with being re-written to correct the errors and make them a little more realistic.

Just one of the stuff ups is that they forgot to mention croc in the list of animals that can be hunted in or close to water. Roll Eyes

I'm sure you just forgot to mention it, but for the benefit of those that might not know, croc also have a minimum length.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Kibokolambogo

As far as I can remember, no other countries have minimums the way Tanzania does but as hard as it makes it for the PH, I tend to think the system of minimums is a good idea for maintaining trophy quality etc in the long term.

Where I think Tanzania does go wrong with their game laws is that they should have just one set of them, and they could do with being re-written to correct the errors and make them a little more realistic.

Just one of the stuff ups is that they forgot to mention croc in the list of animals that can be hunted in or close to water. Roll Eyes

I'm sure you just forgot to mention it, but for the benefit of those that might not know, croc also have a minimum length.

Steve:

Absolutely correct on the croc!
And with the new Game Dept. "requirements" am curious to see how the new batch of "hatchling PHs" will fare in the future Wink

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Probably about as well as the hatchling game scouts! rotflmo

Some of the new generation of game scouts are a nucking fightmare. Roll Eyes

Actually, joking aside, there's some bloody good young PHs out there just now. Not least amongst 'em, Wikus Groenawald, Jason Van Aarde and Clinton Van Tonder. All at the relative start of their Professional career but all fantastic at what they do!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably about as well as the hatchling game scouts! rotflmo

Some of the new generation of game scouts are a nucking fightmare. Roll Eyes

Actually, joking aside, there's some bloody good young PHs out there just now. Not least amongst 'em, Wikus Groenawald, Jason Van Aarde and Clinton Van Tonder. All at the relative start of their Professional career but all fantastic at what they do!

Wasn't referring to the Van der Merwe clan. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
OK, let's face it, the new lot of that lot, can't be any worse than some of the old lot of that lot! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, let's face it, the new lot of that lot, can't be any worse than some of the old lot of that lot! rotflmo

Steve:
BTW in case you don't already know: Res. 'B' Permits have gone up to $1500.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Yup, I had heard....... if there's one thing they do know, it's the price of a dollar huh!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
Ladies & Gentlemen,

The issue of sustainable lion hunting in Tanzania was discussed dueing the annual Stakeholders meeting between operators and Ministry. There was some pressure to discuss the matter due to the upcoming COP 14 proposal by Kenya et alia to uplist lion to Appendix 1.

There were several proposals made and the one listed by Mguu was just one of them. Nothing has been decided yet!

Having said that, the Director of Wildlife (DoW) sent out a circular to all Tanzanian Block holders/operators in 2005 that the legal "age" to shoot a lion had to be 6 years. Any lion under 6 would not be allowed to be exported. So in essence, this directive exists since 2005! Unfortunately, it has not been implemented due to lack of resources, training, etc, etc.

There is all indication though that the current DoW intends to establish a "monitoring team" whose job it will be to analyze all lion trophies before export and approve those that are considered to be 6 or over.

Let us face it; IT IS NECESSARY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! To resist this and maintain status quo will lead to the full closure of wild lions, period!

Kibokolambogo: It's X-ray of 1st premolar, which is the 2nd small tooth behind the upper canines. You will agree there are many ways of approximating the age of a lion BEFORE it is shot and therefore avoid taking a 3, 4 year old lion. The x-ray is just a tool to confirm or not the age approximation done prior to hunting it.

Kathi: Would you kindly post a link or the article for me/us who are not members of the hunting report? And yes, too many young lions are being taken but No the Government has not implemented the measures you mention yet.

BAB:
quote:

Well said!

Jeff h: A lot of lions should have be passed on regardless of whether or not this happens. By the way it is not being implemented yet.

A "verification process" is necessary and it needs to be urgently set-up IMHO. There are good programs in the Niassa reserves in Moz and in Zambia so those modules can easily be adopted for quick action. A lot of errors will happen - and therefore young lions shot - before an entire industry can reach a common standard. But such a move will/should immeadiately bring to a halt the unnecessary shooting of 2,3 and 4 year old males which is really the crux of the problem. Whatever system is adopted, the penalties cannot be as suggested above for first offenders. The aim should be NOT to penalize the client for the error made by the PH. I would suggest that the client receives his trophy anyway, perhaps with a fine so that next time they are more careful and participate in the decision making on whether or not the lion they are hunting is acceptable. It would make everyone interested in a lion hunt do a bit of research on age determination which is a good thing IMO.

Bwanamich, did not mean to say passing on young lions was a bad idea. Only that no one will risk losing his lic. on shooting a lion.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Just a thought. They need to do something to enforce the age restriction and they need to do it in a hurry! My reason for this is beyond the upcoming CITES convention. Quota reallocation is coming in the next few years weather people like it or not. When it happens the greedy hands of politicians will be lined and the likes of Mulla will be allocated top concessions in the country. Could you imagine what would happen to TGTs years of work in the Moyowosi blocks if Usangu Safaris got ahold of them??? Eeker So my thoughts are the government better get there house in order and have a way to enforce the law before lions are "wacked" wholesale in reallocated concessions!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

Administrator
posted Hide Post
And while they are at it, the game department should start enforcing the laws on "citizen hunting" too.

A lot of young lions, whole prides, including females and young, are being shot every year by "citizen hunters".

Some of those guys have absolutely no scruples whatsoever. I have seen photos of other very young animals as, such as sable.

All these I understand are not supposed to be shot by them.

And while we are trying to be protective and "ethical", how come people like Mark Sullivan are still allowed to conduct hunts in Tanzania?

The game scouts who hunt with him know precisely what is going on on those so called hunts.

In fact, what I have heard sounds more like culling than hunting.

Tanzania needs to clean up the whole hunting industry.

They should only give hunting concessions to those who are actually going to run the hunts. Not sub-lease it, and sub-sub-lease it.

I understand this is also supposed to be against the law.

But, it is going on all the time.

And the game department should start being serious about poaching too. Not leave it to the operators.

Osangu was mentioned, I understand they are using a different name to operate under now. So if you get a mailer with a name you are not aware of, dig a bit deeper, and find who owns it before you jump in.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67050 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I certainly think the whole issue of sub letting needs to be addressed but not by simply stopping it, because if that were to happen, then a lot of very good companies would be forced to cease operations and a lot of leaseholders who simply couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery would have to try to run their own operations, and that would be disasterous for hunters, hunting companies, Government, Game Dept and game populations.

It would be far better to remove the requirement that concessions only be let to companies with TZ citizens as major stakeholders and instead simply lease areas to companies who can and will run their operations in an open, honest and ethical manner, pay bills when they become due and don't get involved in the politics of the country.

There are undoubtedly some very good Tanzanian companies and also there are some very good non Tanzanian companies who sublease. Equally there are companies from both sides of the fence who are nothing more than a super mega bugly stuff up on wheels. They need to dump the bad guys and encourage the good ones, no matter where they're from.

But then again, there's more chance of pigs flying than there is of that happening.

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Another good idea is addopting a concession rating system like Zambia. I do agree that subleasing probably causes more problems than it fixes Saeed.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I think Steve is also right about opening up oportinities to non Tanzanians. They should create more communal concervancies or local owned/benefiting areas.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson