THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    LIVE Report From Moyowosi & Masailand
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LIVE Report From Moyowosi & Masailand
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
It's been great following along and as always the photography has been stunning.
Thanks Saeed.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Saeed, thank you very much for another great series of reports from your adventures. They've been wonderful to follow along.

Travel safe.

Posts: 3915 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have just had one of the most hilarious shooting contests, with one of our waiters winning it.

Paul was our safety officer - asnd instructor as well.

Ron was the scorer, and Walter was the rifle cooler.

Now we are sitting by the fire while Walter is tending his BBQ.

There is enough meet on the spit to feed a hundred people!

It is a mixture of gerenuk, Thommy and impala.

We wish you all were here to enjoy it with us.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful reports and pictures, congrat's on another great adventure.
Travel safe.
I can't wait for the DVD's and to hear more of the antic's of a certain individual!

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tracker49:
Wonderful reports and pictures, congrat's on another great adventure.
Travel safe.
I can't wait for the DVD's and to hear more of the antic's of a certain individual!

A certain indvidual is doing what he is best at.
Tending a BBQ!

He is nasty to everyone right now. Because, he says "I don't need anyone any more. My safari is over, and I am going home"

Adding "The only thing I wish is having a safari without Saeed!"

His PH was Paul Olivier. And depending on the particular day, Paul is either the best PH in existance, or Walter is ready to change him for anyone else!

He has been using one of my rifles, and he has been complaining that it shoots too low. Despite the fact he has shot several animals in the neck and throat!

Roy keeps telling him it is his own fault. And Walter keeps telling us his aim was "perfect".

He is compiling a list of complaints - and I suspect I am at the top of it.

He came here looking like a man who has had no hair cut for ten years. He promised he would cut his hair after he had shot a buffalo.

The buffalo evaded him, so he cut his hair after he had shot a wildebeest.

Trouble is, he would not trust anyone to cut his hair, so he did it himself, and the result is no different than a partly burnt grass! And his looks are no better either.

He has just deputised Ron to turn the spit, and he is pouring beer on the meat, saying "we are going to make Saeed drunk!"

Apparently we have forgotten our spit at the other camp.

But, that would not stop Walter from having his BBQ.

He persuaded Paul to use a tent pole, which they cut and bent to suit their purpose. It seems to work a treat.

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
A certain indvidual is doing what he is best at.
Tending a BBQ!

He is nasty to everyone right now. Because, he says "I don't need anyone any more. My safari is over, and I am going home"

Adding "The only thing I wish is having a safari without Saeed!"

His PH was Paul Olivier. And depending on the particular day, Paul is either the best PH in existance, or Walter is ready to change him for anyone else!

He has been using one of my rifles, and he has been complaining that it shoots too low. Despite the fact he has shot several animals in the neck and throat!

Roy keeps telling him it is his own fault. And Walter keeps telling us his aim was "perfect".

He is compiling a list of complaints - and I suspect I am at the top of it.

He came here looking like a man who has had no hair cut for ten years. He promised he would cut his hair after he had shot a buffalo.

The buffalo evaded him, so he cut his hair after he had shot a wildebeest.

Trouble is, he would not trust anyone to cut his hair, so he did it himself, and the result is no different than a partly burnt grass! And his looks are no better either.

He has just deputised Ron to turn the spit, and he is pouring beer on the meat, saying "we are going to make Saeed drunk!"

Apparently we have forgotten our spit at the other camp.

But, that would not stop Walter from having his BBQ.

He persuaded Paul to use a tent pole, which they cut and bent to suit their purpose. It seems to work a treat.

rotflmo animal

I nearly spit my coffee out when I read that his rifle shoots low, but he has been hitting game in the neck and throat!

Walter is DEFINITELY the most entertaining and funny man on the planet! tu2

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
And tomorrow morning we head off first to Arusha, Dropping Alan, Roy, Rene and Paul there. We then continue to Dar to catch our respective flights back home.

This is going to be my last live report.

It is sad to be at the end, even from over here!!

I think this may be the best one yet (at least from an observers point of view!). I am really looking forward to the full report and video!

All the best to everyone at the camp!

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Sigh, another year is over. Thanks for sharing you hunt with everyone. Walter has no clue as to how fortunate he is Big Grin

Travel safe.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Once again as an outside observer and having reviewed all the pictures again my sense is that Walter is unhappy because his wonderful Safari is over and he is going back. . I can sympathize with that.

Have a safe trip home.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
What would a 5-pack set of Walter DVDs cost, Saeed? Big Grin dancing

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
It's like a blink and your safari is over for the year! Many thanks for taking us along the ride and showing us places many haven't seen.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 812 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are at Dar Essalam airport, on our last leg home.

We had an hour's drive to the air strip, took our flight to Arusha to drop Roy, Rene, Alan and Paul.

We then headed to Dar, where Donald met us and took us to the International airport. Ron and Wayne headed to the hotel as their flights are early tomorrow morning.

Cleared customs and checked in in record time.

I am sitting in teh lounge with Walter, and trying to sort through some video clips I have taken with my small camera.

In one is Roy trying to change the tape in his video camera, while someone - Walter? - has removed the battery from the camera. He was having a hard time understanding why the camera would not release the tape!

Roy is as deaf as any of us, but he insisted that he could hear the camera making some sort of whirring noise.

Walter, of course, is laughing his head off!

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trouble is, he would not trust anyone to cut his hair, so he did it himself, and the result is no different than a partly burnt grass! And his looks are no better either

That would be worth the price of admission in itself! jumping

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6824 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are at Dar Essalam airport, on our last leg home.

Seating on the Pool in the Seacliff Hotel and enjoying your Report...

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Congrats on a great hunt. My favorite pic is the one of the lunch box - just seeing that brings me right back to Africa.

You guys shot some great animals. Walter's warthog is a hog.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a successful hunt. The Masailand photos are truely breath taking!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
All the updates were fantastic, thank you for sharing your great adventure.

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi All, wave
I just got home after 24 hours of travel from Dar es Salaam, but went back in time by 9 hours (including the annual 1-hour "fall back" that occurred today in flight). So it only took fifteen hours on the clock, all on 11-7-2010.

I traveled forward to future time by 8 hours to start this safari, was jet lagged for the first day of hunting ... but it is easier adjusting the other way, into the past to home, I think.

I have enough new material for 15,000 more posts at least.
As soon as I get things sorted out and photo-documented,
I will try to do some justice to the kindness and generosity of Saeed, Host of hosts.
After that, I am sure I can make a fool of myself and will have much to report on several bullets observed on the Tanzania 2010 trip.

Best,
Ron

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Welcome home -- congrats on a great trip. beer

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
The updates and photos were terrific. Thanks.

Another vote for the Lesser Kudu. They're beautiful in general and that one is awesome.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Hi All, wave
I just got home after 24 hours of travel from Dar es Salaam, but went back in time by 9 hours (including the annual 1-hour "fall back" that occurred today in flight). So it only took fifteen hours on the clock, all on 11-7-2010.

I traveled forward to future time by 8 hours to start this safari, was jet lagged for the first day of hunting ... but it is easier adjusting the other way, into the past to home, I think.

I have enough new material for 15,000 more posts at least.
As soon as I get things sorted out and photo-documented,
I will try to do some justice to the kindness and generosity of Saeed, Host of hosts.
After that, I am sure I can make a fool of myself and will have much to report on several bullets observed on the Tanzania 2010 trip.

Best,
Ron

Welcome back Bro' RIP! I am sure you had the time of your life and I look forward to your reports/stories and photos! I know how much work it is to get that all sorted out though...it took me much too long last year. Smiler

Cheers!
Chris