Find
Notify
Tools

The AHF is dull nowadays......
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
N gang a,

You have been basically well behaved since your return....

If you find this "dull"...please feel free to go to another forum beer

Thanks Saeed..!!

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I go along with forums just hitting a peak and then interest wains. I also go along with the concept that because of American/World economy issues and the various political issues and terrorist attacks, people have just got lots of other stuff on their plate.

As Nganga(Steve) stated, how many times can we rehash the worth/uselessnes of the 375 H&H or whether Capstick was or was not a fraud, or whether Craig Boddington is having another heart attack.

Members get tired and move on to other sites for all sorts of reasons. New members come along and ask queestions that have been answered time and time again, members get older and their values and interests change.

I enjoy the AR and think it is better than anything else and a lot more tolerant than the various regional sites.

I just look at AR and all the other sites I visit as places to have some fun and gain a little knowledge.

For me, it is a case that under normal circumstances, I don't really have a peer group that I see on a daily basis to discuss hunting/guns the outdoors with. This is not so much the case now as it was 2 years and more back, but even today there are hunting issues/styles or for certain species that I don't personally know anyone that has the type knowledge or experience I need to access.

Forums are what they are and what the members make of them. I appreciate Saeed developing this place and hope to be able to participate for a long time.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen as a newbie to the AR forum I wish to thank you for the wealth of information and BS I've learned while browsing this site. Many of us younger hunters had never heard of AR, but in the future I believe there will be a lot more contributions to this site via fresh eyes.

I wish to thank Saeed for the opportunity to glean information on hunting as well as the humor forum

Posts: 67 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 30 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
T Agg:

You have a PM--

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1553 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I joined this forum several years ago to learn more about aftican hunting and to get tips on gear and gun stuff.

Without a doubt this has been the best resource I've been able to locate on the WWW.

From time to time I get tired of the "hen-pecking" when decent thread gets hijacked, but overall I say this forum is interesting, informative and more than worthwhile!

As with any thing in life there are times of plenty and the leaner times! We are in a prolonged period of leaner times - this too will come to pass.

Great forum and great members - thanks Saeed!

Kindest regards,

Jeff Wemmer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the few years that I have been coming here, I have noticed that things really slow down during the summer months. Maybe it is because a lot of us are doing what we love best, hunting in Africa or doing those outdoor pursuits that are unavailable during the winter months. Things will pick up in the fall.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
And he was a liar, dishonest as hell, yes 500 grains, Esquire himself.

I thought that I was the only one who felt that way.

When 500 was on here we did have a few colorful members. Most are now gone.

The truth is this forum had become a bit "cliquish" and at times was a downright behind-kissing-fest.

Does anyone remember the hero that 500 was made out to be after turning a cow elk into Swiss cheese with his 470 Capstick?

And as far as this forum dying, there have been many increases and decreases in the amount and quality of posts over the years. I do think that the African hunting forum being split into four of five separate forums has made these swings in interest more noticeable.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most internet forums (hunting or anything else) are lousy with blowhards. I always considered AR to be somewhat different in that there were plenty of legitimate experts; PHs, outfitters, ranch-owners and so on who actually know what they're talking about.

Unfortunately, most of the people in this world who are actually doing things have neither the time nor interest in exchanging opinions with the misinformed, uninformed and maladjusted blowhards who dominate internet forums. Even this forum occasionally trends that way.

I remember Russell what's-his-name who strode around this forum like he was God - even though he had never, that is ... NEVER ... been to Africa ... but he still had so many worshippers here that they actually raised enough money to pay for his first African hunt (where he completely screwed the pooch, was exposed as the jackass that he was, and eventually sent scurrying off).

The point of all this is that this thread caused me to do a search for other African hunting forums, and I was suprised to see that over at AfricaHunting.com, there were 325 viewers on the African Hunting forum alone - compared to 139 here now.

So I checked out a few of the discussions and, in all honesty, despite the numbers, it’s no contest. AR seems to have a much better informed membership and a much higher level of discourse (can’t believe I just said that!).

That was my initial impression anyway.

(Too many pop-up ads over there anyway.) Smiler

S.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it werent for this site and getting saeds free video in the mail id probably be hunting deer. I dont know who 500 grains is, but i do know just about everything i could learn about africa hunting can be found with the search feature.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember Russell what's-his-name who strode around this forum like he was God - even though he had never, that is ... NEVER ... been to Africa ... but he still had so many worshippers here that they actually raised enough money to pay for his first African hunt (where he completely screwed the pooch, was exposed as the jackass that he was, and eventually sent scurrying off).

Sounds like a typical AR hero.

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:

Cane Rat Drook is one of the most intelligent poster on this site.

Cane Rat's not bad, Drook was a dickhead.

Your mileage may vary.

He may be, I know he's been called much worse. I also know him well enough to know that even though he can be an ass he is loyal to his friends and would never falsely befriend someone and then throw them under the bus for the sake of "forum cred" like what happened to that poor wrldhunter guy. Know what I mean, Jim?

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not enjoy .500grains weird posts, but some were fine. I also the enjoyed the all out war between Ray and drummond. Wish that was still going on at times in July when it is 105 outside.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
No I don't have a clue. How about you specifically explain it to me or don't you have the nads to speak plain English.

Steve has my number, call me. I don't play the PM game.

quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
quote:
quote:

Your mileage may vary.

He may be, I know he's been called much worse. I also know him well enough to know that even though he can be an ass he is loyal to his friends and would never falsely befriend someone and then throw them under the bus for the sake of "forum cred" like what happened to that poor wrldhunter guy. Know what I mean, Jim?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7622 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Jim,

You know exactly what I'm referring to. I too, am friends with the DuPlooys. Here's who was in camp; you, wrldhunter, Johnny, and Abie. Who encouraged wrldhunter to make his first post on AR a hunt report of his hunt with Muchinga? Abie, Johnny? Would Abie throw himself under the bus? Would Johnny throw Muchinga under the bus? I think not.

You do the math, you cast the first stone here.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
See, for those that think things are too boring, just give it a little time. The thread about not having enough pissing matches, has generated a pissing match. Beautiful.

Mike

Posts: 21662 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
See, for those that think things are too boring, just give it a little time. The thread about not having enough pissing matches, has generated a pissing match. Beautiful.

Wasn't my intent to get involved in this thread. Call me a dickhead and I will respond. The wrldhunter young lion fiasco was uncalled for and a disgrace. I wouldn't have done that to a fellow hunter. I may act like an ass at times, but disloyal I am not.

I'm done with this thread and headed back to the ARPF (they understand me there). Big Grin

Cheers, all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No I don't have a clue. How about you specifically explain it to me or don't you have the nads to speak plain English.

Steve has my number, call me. I don't play the PM game.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Your mileage may vary.

popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a suspicion there was more to that Worldhunter hunt report than what we were hearing. Sounds now like he must have got fucked by another hunter in camp. What happens in camp should say in camp. thumbdown

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim,

You know exactly what I'm referring to. I too, am friends with the DuPlooys. Here's who was in camp; you, wrldhunter, Johnny, and Abie. Who encouraged wrldhunter to make his first post on AR a hunt report of his hunt with Muchinga? Abie, Johnny? Would Abie throw himself under the bus? Would Johnny throw Muchinga under the bus? I think not.

I called Adrook a "dickhead" and I stand by that stone. You were a dickhead under that name. You probably might still be posting under it if you weren't. Doesn't seem too easy to get banned from here. Adrook did.

Yup, in camp were me, my wife, Johnny, Abie, wrdhunter, his Dad, Laura for a night, Rebecca Johnny's daughter for a night, and a pilot, who's name I don't recall.

Yup, you bet it was me that mentioned AR to wrdhunter and his Dad. We talked about cars too and rifles and I'm sure a few other topics I don't recall.

Wrdhunter told me he had been on AR "a few years ago". We shared camp for 3 days and a morning.

When I got back to Alaska I wrote up both my hunt reports and I emailed the link to him. We exchanged emails and phone number while in camp.

He answered my email to tell me he enjoyed my reports and planned one of his own. I asked him if I could post his Leopard picture on the end of my Zambia report which I did.

Later he posted his hunt report and the shit storm started.

On March 31, 2011 on another thread I posted this ....

"Gentlemen,

I was in camp when that Lion was shot. Wrdhunter was already an AR member when we discussed the site while sharing camp in Zambia. He was not very active. It was I that encouraged him to post a report both while in Zambia and later after our return.

We did not hunt together but did discuss hunting, family, and firearms like any group of hunters would while sharing a camp.

After reading the bulk of this thread this morning I found myself feeling a little badly about nudging him towards posting a report. Especially since he was not even an avid lurker and had no idea what can happen on this forum when pissing matches replace reason.

I called him a minute ago and apologized for encouraging him to post, especially if it diminished the memory of his hunt. His reply showed maturity beyond his young age. I will not speak for him, but suffice it to say I feel a bit better after the call.

The one thing I did express though is that after we remove the chaff of the pissing matches demonstrated here I do believe the silver lining is the science based factual information that is offered.

I thank Aaron & Lane for their work. I thank wrdhunter for his frame of mind.

Let's get back to working together to see that the Lions benefit somewhat from what those willing to learn may possibly take away from this thread.

Cheers
Jim Wojciehowski
Anchorage, Alaska"

So there you go Andy, if there is some other piece of information specifically about me you would like to share please post it.

I stand by Adrook being a dickhead. Cane Rat not really. You see the difference is Frostbit is Jim Wojciehowski. It's not an alter ego, it's not a fantasy online persona. It's me. I'm no different in person then I am on here.

I will patiently await your information that you formed your "under the bus" statement from.

I just got off the phone with Steve giving him permission to give you my number. If you got something to say directly have at it. If there's something you wish to post here have at it. Either way, doesn't matter to me.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Andy,

I just deleted your PM without reading it. I'm not interested in the PM route with you. I'm not interested in being your friend. I'm not interested in anything other than learning what it is specifically that prompted you to indicate I threw wrdhunter "under the bus". If you want to post that here than do it.

If you want to call and tell me then do it.

Otherwise I will assume you don't really have a reason for saying it other some misguided assumptions or second hand disinformation.

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Jim,

I called Adrook a "dickhead" and I stand by that stone. You were a dickhead under that name. You probably might still be posting under it if you weren't. Doesn't seem too easy to get banned from here. Adrook did.

Yup, in camp were me, my wife, Johnny, Abie, wrdhunter, his Dad, Laura for a night, Rebecca Johnny's daughter for a night, and a pilot, who's name I don't recall.

Yup, you bet it was me that mentioned AR to wrdhunter and his Dad. We talked about cars too and rifles and I'm sure a few other topics I don't recall.

Wrdhunter told me he had been on AR "a few years ago". We shared camp for 3 days and a morning.

When I got back to Alaska I wrote up both my hunt reports and I emailed the link to him. We exchanged emails and phone number while in camp.

He answered my email to tell me he enjoyed my reports and planned one of his own. I asked him if I could post his Leopard picture on the end of my Zambia report which I did.

"Gentlemen,

I was in camp when that Lion was shot. Wrdhunter was already an AR member when we discussed the site while sharing camp in Zambia. He was not very active. It was I that encouraged him to post a report both while in Zambia and later after our return.

We did not hunt together but did discuss hunting, family, and firearms like any group of hunters would while sharing a camp.

After reading the bulk of this thread this morning I found myself feeling a little badly about nudging him towards posting a report. Especially since he was not even an avid lurker and had no idea what can happen on this forum when pissing matches replace reason.

I called him a minute ago and apologized for encouraging him to post, especially if it diminished the memory of his hunt. His reply showed maturity beyond his young age. I will not speak for him, but suffice it to say I feel a bit better after the call.

The one thing I did express though is that after we remove the chaff of the pissing matches demonstrated here I do believe the silver lining is the science based factual information that is offered.

Let's get back to working together to see that the Lions benefit somewhat from what those willing to learn may possibly take away from this thread.

Cheers
Jim Wojciehowski
Anchorage, Alaska"

So there you go Andy, if there is some other piece of information specifically about me you would like to share please post it.

I stand by Adrook being a dickhead. Cane Rat not really. You see the difference is Frostbit is Jim Wojciehowski. It's not an alter ego, it's not a fantasy online persona. It's me. I'm no different in person then I am on here.

I will patiently await your information that you formed your "under the bus" statement from.

I just got off the phone with Steve giving him permission to give you my number. If you got something to say directly have at it. If there's something you wish to post here have at it. Either way, doesn't matter to me.

I'll say it to you right here. I am Cane Rat, formerly adrook, and you cannot deny that you, Frostbit (Jim Wojciehowski) was the one who who fed to the members of the LCTF the story of the young lion that your new friend whom you met in camp, befriended, and encouraged to join AR and post a hunt report as his first post, killed while you were in camp with him. His handle was wrldhunter and he was subsequently shamed, humiliated, and almost hanged in effigy as a result of your treachery and desire for acceptance on here, and he will most surely never return. You should be ashamed.

I may be a dickhead but I have never betrayed the confidence of a fellow hunter as you have.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jim,

"Gentlemen,

Cheers
Jim Wojciehowski
Anchorage, Alaska"

I'll say it to you right here. I am Cane Rat, formerly adrook, and you cannot deny that you, Frostbit (Jim Wojciehowski) was the one who who fed to the members of the LCTF the story of the young lion that your new friend whom you met in camp, befriended, and encouraged to join AR and post a hunt report as his first post, killed while you were in camp with him. His handle was wrldhunter and he was subsequently shamed, humiliated, and almost hanged in effigy as a result of your treachery and desire for acceptance on here, and he will most surely never return. You should be ashamed.

I may be a dickhead but I have never betrayed the confidence of a fellow hunter as you have.

Andy,

Quite the perspective. As I said I did encourage wrdhunter to post a report. No other motive than to see another hunt report.

Aaron jumped him, no doubt there, in very poor taste.

I certainly think he should have been far angrier than he was when I called him to apologize for recommending a hunt report.

He didn't care. He didn't blame me. He pulled all his pictures and report and I sure don't blame him for that.

What you probably don't know is I had pictures of his Lion. Those pictures no longer exist. They were requested by multiple people and I turned them all down. They were shared with one person and that person is not Lane or Aaron. That person also deleted them at my request the day after they were shared.

So have at it Andy. Good luck creating some conspiracy theory that doesn't exist.

Jim

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
I certainly think he should have been far angrier than he was when I called him to apologize for recommending a hunt report.

He didn't care. He didn't blame me. He pulled all his pictures and report and I sure don't blame him for that.

rotflmo

Right. That's why he still posts here. I PMed with the guy when this all happened, I thought the way he was treated at the time was terrible and I sent him a PM apologizing for the reception we gave him. You know; how you all trashed his lion, trashed him, trashed his PH, called him an embarrassment to all hunters and so forth. I won't say in this post what all he had to say about you but he doesn't consider you a friend, he said you betrayed his trust. If you don't believe me, I still have the PM. You are, in large part, responsible for this. Jim, if you had kept your mouth shut instead of attempting to impress Aaron, Lane and others with your knowledge of large feline ecology this could have all been avoided.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

rotflmo

Right. That's why he still posts here. I PMed with the guy when this all happened, I thought the way he was treated at the time was terrible and I sent him a PM apologizing for the reception we gave him. You know; how you all trashed his lion, trashed him, trashed his PH, called him an embarrassment to all hunters and so forth. I won't say in this post what all he had to say about you but he doesn't consider you a friend, he said you betrayed his trust. If you don't believe me, I still have the PM. You are, in large part, responsible for this, Jim, if you had kept your mouth shut instead of attempting to impress Aaron, Lane and others with your knowledge of large feline ecology this could have all been avoided.

Interesting Andy,

Could you please show me where I, personally , "trashed his lion, trashed him, trashed his PH, called him an embarrassment to all hunters and so forth".

I will patiently await your cut and paste with links to threads. I'm 57, please don't take too long. Big Grin

Have a nice night Adrook

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve,

Having a good time yet? Wink

Jim

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

rotflmo

Right. That's why he still posts here. I PMed with the guy when this all happened, I thought the way he was treated at the time was terrible and I sent him a PM apologizing for the reception we gave him. You know; how you all trashed his lion, trashed him, trashed his PH, called him an embarrassment to all hunters and so forth. I won't say in this post what all he had to say about you but he doesn't consider you a friend, he said you betrayed his trust. If you don't believe me, I still have the PM. You are, in large part, responsible for this, Jim, if you had kept your mouth shut instead of attempting to impress Aaron, Lane and others with your knowledge of large feline ecology this could have all been avoided.

Interesting Andy,

Could you please show me where I, personally , "trashed his lion, trashed him, trashed his PH, called him an embarrassment to all hunters and so forth".

I will patiently await your cut and paste with links to threads. I'm 57, please don't take too long. Big Grin

Have a nice night Adrook

You were the one who lied to him, pretended to be a friend, betrayed his trust, and then threw him under the bus, Jim. Everyone else here just piled on and did the dirty work. With friends like you who needs enemies, glad you're not my friend.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

rotflmo

Interesting Andy,

Have a nice night Adrook

You were the one who lied to him and then threw him under the bus, Jim. Everyone else here piled on and did the dirty work. Glad you're not my "friend".

Adork,

We can do this all night if you wish. I'm still awaiting any cut and paste you have. BTW, I deleted your last PM without reading it also. I'm not interested in that form of communication with you.

Actually, I'm not very interested in this form of communication with you as well. But you did imply some things indirectly and then directly about my character.

I am still waiting here in public for the information that substantiates the basis of your claim.

Please, since you obviously feel so strongly in this regard, provide it.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well, i guess Nganga got what he wanted- shit storms have returned to the forum. who needs 500 grains and his blatantly racist comments to stir the pot! of course the expression "good riddance to bad rubbish" comes to mind. chip and adrook are back and in fine form. the more things change, the more they remain the same......

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Did you or did you not encourage wrldhunter to post a hunt report here on AR after you betrayed his confidence knowing full well what would happen when he did so after shooting that young lion?

Did you or did you not betray his trust and relate to Aaron and the other members of the LCTF the specifics of why and how he happened to shoot that young lion in the Luangwa with the DuPlooys? If you didn't relate the specifics of his wife being pregnant and his wanting to finish the hunt and go home to see the birth of his child and so forth, then who did? I know who did, it was you, and you know how I know.

Why did you pretend to be his friend while in camp and then talk shit about him once you and he returned home and allow the fiasco that ensued after he posted his report to happen? No laws were broken, yet the poor bastard was thrown under the bus and made to feel ashamed of his lion, a good PH was dragged through the mud (we both know what really happened with the killing of that lion, but you and others who knew were silent and allowed a respected PH's good name to be trashed when in reality the PH said no and the client fired without permission). I'm not defending the client, but he broke no laws, and this whole thing ended up being a cluster that others used to make hay. I hope you are proud. And you want to sling arrows at me for posting one thread in the past poking fun at homosexuals? Roll Eyes

You have a lot of nerve to cast aspersions on my character for sending you PMs (which you claim you have deleted and refused to read) offering to take this offline after the way you have behaved by starting this. That's laughable. You're a liar and have no honor. Perhaps you can recruit Brett to come on here and vouch for you as the honest and honorable guy you are but I'm guessing that won't happen.

You can call me a dickhead, which I may be, but I can assure you I have never screwed someone over the way you did Brett.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Steve,

You told me you thought Andy was "one of the most intelligent posters on this forum". Honestly, I'm not seeing that and I will call you tomorrow to explain why .

Your mileage may vary

Jim

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim,

Did you or did you not encourage wrldhunter to post a hunt report here on AR after you betrayed his confidence knowing full well what would happen when he did so after shooting that young lion?

Did you or did you not betray his trust and relate to Aaron and the other members of the LCTF the specifics of why and how he happened to shoot that young lion in the Luangwa with the DuPlooys? If you didn't relate the specifics of his wife being pregnant and his wanting to finish the hunt and go home to see the birth of his child and so forth, then who did? I know who did, it was you, and you know how I know.

Why did you pretend to be his friend while in camp and then talk shit about him once you and he returned home and allow the fiasco that ensued after he posted his report to happen? No laws were broken, yet the poor bastard was thrown under the bus and made to feel ashamed of his lion, a good PH was dragged through the mud (we both know what really happened with the killing of that lion, but you and others who knew were silent and allowed a respected PH's good name to be trashed when in reality the PH said no and the client fired without permission). I'm not defending the client, but he broke no laws, and this whole thing ended up being a cluster that others used to make hay. I hope you are proud. And you want to sling arrows at me for posting one thread in the past poking fun at homosexuals? Roll Eyes

You have a lot of nerve to cast aspersions on my character for sending you PMs (which you claim you have deleted and refused to read) offering to take this offline after the way you have behaved by starting this. That's laughable. You're a liar and have no honor. Perhaps you can recruit Brett to come on here and vouch for you as the honest and honorable guy you are but I'm guessing that won't happen.

You can call me a dickhead, which I may be, but I can assure you I have never screwed someone over the way you did Brett.

I thought about not responding to this Andy. Frankly in the hopes you would find some diversion on a political forum somewhere.

But I have to point out something quite obvious. You say I "threw wrdhunter under the bus" because I gave him a link to this forum and encouraged a hunt report. Well I certainly did encourage a hunt report. I have openly admitted that. I apologized to him for the aftermath of that action. That certainly will remain between him and I. I have not communicated with him since. He was an acquaintance in a hunting camp. I still feel badly for him. Why? Somehow, someone has decided to resurrect the issue. Not me Buddy, you. I called you a dickhead. You are!! If you were standing in front of me right now I would say the same.

So let me ask you this.

" client fired without permission"

Who's throwing who under the bus? Were you there in the cruiser, machan, or blind, where ever the shot took place? I wasn't! So I cannot attest to the veracity of your statement. Tell me Andy, how can you throw wrdhunter under the bus? Were you there?

The other irony is there is no bus for either wrdhunter or Abie.
The Lion was legal

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
We both know the truth here, Jim. You started this by calling me a dickhead and then referred to me as "adork". I've kept to myself since coming back on here and I didn't pick a fight with you but if you want one with me you got it. I know all about your shenanigans in perpetrating the entire "wrldhunter" fiasco. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

I have related the issues regarding Brett and the DuPlooys based upon what Brett and the DuPlooys have told me and also what you have told others.

You can cast doubt upon my intelligence but like I have said you are a liar and a man without honor. Please, go ahead and call Steve, he'll be happy to tell you exactly what I just did.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Say,.... isn't Mark Young or Wendel Reich or L David Keith or Ray Atkinson or Blair Worldwide Hunting somehow responsible for this?

Posts: 9419 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
We both know the truth here, Jim. You started this by calling me a dickhead and then referred to me as "adork". I've kept to myself since coming back on here and I didn't pick a fight with you but if you want one with me you got it. I know all about your shenanigans in perpetrating the entire "wrldhunter" fiasco. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

I have related the issues regarding Brett and the DuPlooys based upon what Brett and the DuPlooys have told me and also what you have told others.

You can cast doubt upon my intelligence but like I have said you are a liar and a man without honor. Please, go ahead and call Steve, he'll be happy to tell you exactly what I just did.

Andy,

I was involved in the backstage correspondence regarding this Lion and my opinion was asked by LCTF. I asked Jim for some of his pictures in order to try and get a better guesstimate of the age. I subsequently deleted the images at Jim's request. I am not aware of any further input from Jim and to accuse him of perpetrating this fiasco is stretching it a bit.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Let us be absolutely frank here. The way I understand it wrldhunter lion report went south when AAron decided to use his lion as an example of what should and should not be shot.

No one else is responsible.

Back to this thread.

As usually happens, whenever something negative is reported about an individual, someone comes up with a glowing report on how wonderful that person is.

I have no way of doubting this, may an individual is different in person than when he is on an Internet forum.

But, some of the past behaviour of some of the posters on this thread is simply, utterly stupid.

I won't go into details here, but those who have been through the thread regarding Boddington daughter's accident will remember.

In my mind, any individual who would stoop so low will never get my respect.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As usually happens, whenever something negative is reported about an individual, someone comes up with a glowing report on how wonderful that person is.

I have no way of doubting this, may an individual is different in person than when he is on an Internet forum.

But, some of the past behaviour of some of the posters on this thread is simply, utterly stupid.

I won't go into details here, but those who have been through the thread regarding Boddington daughter's accident will remember.

In my mind, any individual who would stoop so low will never get my respect.

I agree 100%

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
view the site more as a source of information and forum for the exchange of information, not a place to watch anonymous internet bloggers bash each other over cooked up controversies. From the standpoint of a place to share information, I think the site is second to none. If others find it boring, look somewhere else for controversy.

Mike

+3 These are my thoughts exactly, When the sillyness starts I just stop reading the thread. Same thing happens over on Taxidermy.net, there's a couple of old blow hards that muck everything up, and they are "real nice guys" in person, but not nice on the forums. That's my definition of a computer coward, brave on line but "Real nice guys" face to face.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Jim/Frostbit,
I have a simple question, did you speak or correspond with anyone from the LCTF or any PH's from Zambia in reference to the quality/age of this lion before wrldhntr posted his report (3/30/11)? You have my number and are welcome to call if you would rather answer in person.
Brad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cane - Fact is, the only thing that prompted my response to "wrldhunter's" thread, was the 2 yr old lion shot! "Frostbit" had nothing to do with that at all. He didn't contact me, and give me info, and then I responded. I saw the thread, and decided it was time to act. It had nothing to do with Jim, or anyone else for that matter.

Secondly, and as I have stated at least 100 times over the past 3-4 months. Never one time did I, or anyone else bad-mouth "wrldhunter"! Abie & Muchinga yes, but never the hunter. All he did was shoot the lion the PH told him/let him shoot. My gripe was with the PH/Outfitter, not the hunter.

Lastly, the whole issue was not spurred on by Jim, or anyone else. It was spurred on by the shooting of a lion, that's barely past being a cub! If a 2 yr old lion was never shot in this case, my thread would have never came about. Not the other way around. Start with the root of the problem, not the aftermath.

Not looking for an argument, in fact, I have decided that I'm just not interested in that anymore. I am simply providing the facts as it pertained to my thread, and I don't like seeing Jim being blamed, when the facts are not accurate.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would somebody please buy wrldhunter a vowel. I suggest an o. animal

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote