New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wendell Reich Hunters Quest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who has hunted elephant with this outfit? How was the hunt?

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Wendell is a booking agent and he represents very good hunting organizations and P.H.'s. I would not hesitate to follow his recommendations.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I personally have not booked a hunt through Wendell, but I know many that have including one friend in Houston that has booked at least three trips to Africa (for among other animals, lion and elephant) through Wendell and they have all been very happy.

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just booked my fourth African safari with him.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
He is trustworthy and will help you every way he can.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked with Wendell on my first safari. He was very helpful and doesn't B.S. about what to expect.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first safari nearly turned into a disaster as a result of my insistence on doing it myself, i.e. no booking agent. I corresponded with a well-known poster on this forum, trying to book a hunt, and wound up almost missing out on a tag for that year. I went to Wendell, who set me up with a hunt package that surpassed all my expectations. My future hunts will be booked with this man!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell is a good and honest agent. If we find ourselves in a position of needing an agent to represent us he will be one of the first we contact.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell is an honest - knowledgable booking agent-if you are hunting with Vaughan Fulton then you are in good hands!!!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked my safari with Wendell and he did a wonderful job!

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked two safaris with Wendell...highly recommended!

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked an elephant hunt through Wendell with Vaughan Fulton that was great.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No elephant but plains game in Botswana last year. Great hunt! I talked to him at SCI in Reno about a cape buffalo in Zim in a couple of years. Straight shooter!
John

Posts: 155 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 10 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell goes the extra mile. He will take time to answer your questions and is always happy to talk about hunting.

Some of the other "big name" guys never even call after your hunt. Wendell wants to know.

Wendell represents some good outfitters; if you want to go for ele last I knew he could book you with Vaughn Fulton. He also books for Samaras. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Ditto what everyone else is saying. I've not booked an elephant hunt through him, but I've booked two other safaris through Wendell and they have been great. Easy, honest and trust worthy. I highly recommend him.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JPenn
posted Hide Post
Yep +1

SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

Posts: 226 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Gosh! Wendell is gonna be broke after hiring all of these guys to talk good about him!!

He also booked my first safari and it was the best experience of my life! . . . well, except for those two ladies from a bar one time who . . . er . . . nevermind!

You won't go wrong with Wendell!

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell is a great booking agent. You won't go wrong with him. Just speak very slowly and don't use any big words. rotflmo

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well goodness:

What can one add to the people who posted above. I am on my fourth booked hunt with Wendell and consider him to be way too honest and way too understanding to be a booking agent. Maybe he could be considered a friend, although I would not want to give him the benefit of that just now, I owe him too much money. Wink
I would challenge anyone to show me someone in his business to go more out of the way for his clients than he does. I know for a fact he has gotten calls from Tanzania in the middle of the night, over there, and sorted out the problems that he could and made right the things that he couldn't once we were back in the states. Not many would go to that trouble for first time clients.
My wife booked a hunt with Wendell to Argentina for 2011 and I hope that she wlll allow me to go along and hold her horse while she shoots her Red Stag. I guess she trust him too, God knows why.

Posts: 158 | Location: texas panhandle | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list of those who have booked a hunt through Wendell and would do so again without hesitation.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I did not post yesterday because I have not booked an elephant hunt through Wendell. However, I did book a Namibia hunt through him (pictures at the link below) and hunted with him at his place in Texas twice (along with my kids). I probably would have booked another trip to Africa with him but the particular hunt in which I was interested was no longer available.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've booked three hunts through Wendell.

One Plains game and two elephant hunts. I've always been mroe than satisfied with his efforts and dealings on all hunts. He's easy to work with, will give great information and recommendations and will listen to your needs.

In order to provide information pertinent to your elephant hunt, we would need to know who you are planning on going with. I hunted with Vaughan Fulton and had an exceptional experience both times.

Posts: 105 | Location: Missoula MT | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Wendell, has anybody heard from him lately?? I tried calling him a couple of times but only got his recording.. Same goes from on here.. Sent him a PM.

Call me, amigo!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Wendell just a few days ago. He is alive and well.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he just got back from the show, but he's for sure back to work now. He's answering emails today. Oh yeah- and to answer the original poster he is a helluva good guy Big Grin

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
Wendell is a great booking agent. You won't go wrong with him. Just speak very slowly and don't use any big words. rotflmo

thumb

Good one Lee Big Grin

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2009 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Clay,

After kicking some tires for a few years, I decided to use wendell for this hunt -

http://forums.accuratereloadin.../6321043/m/807105829

I booked with him because he is a strait shooter. I found this line on his website to be true
>"I do not sell dreams or experiences of a lifetime. I offer reasonable expectations. When a client comes to me with a request for a hunt that they are interested in, I will talk straight with them on what they can expect from the hunt. Not every hunt is perfect, not every area is "the best". If there is something negative about the hunt or area, you will know it before making a decision."<

Enjoy your time hunting the elephant. It is the greatest show on earth!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The above is true... unlike too many booking agents, he won't blow smoke and try to sell you a bunch of stuff you are not interested in or get you to "buy-up" to a higher priced hunt.

As a matter of fact, he is so laid-back you may need to check his pulse occasionally. Eeker

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
By now, my post is totally redundant, but I booked a hunt in 2007 with Wendell, and am currently discussing a second. No problems with Wendell's service and I recommend him unreservedly.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked a lion hunt,leopard hunt and 2 elephant hunts with Wendell. Wendell also went to Zambia with me on a hunt last year. We had a blast.
He is honest as they come. If he tells you it's raining cats and dogs, take a leash.
All booking agents are not as good as Wendell.
Be careful.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All booking agents are not as good as Wendell.

Fact.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote