THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    What do you think about AfricaHunting.com?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think about AfricaHunting.com?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Open Carry
posted
What do you guys think of AfricaHunting.com?

I thought it was a great site and would check it out every few weeks. Then I was told that outfitters were required to 1,900 USD each year to post hunt offers. Ever since I have gained an appreciation for AccurateReloading!

Posts: 55 | Location: Easton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 28 November 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was kicked off it because I reported the fire in Bulawayo a few years ago that burnt down the warehouse under suspicious circumstances. My friend lost 23 trophies. All negative or honest opinions appear to be removed.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I go over occasionally, check out the deals and look at all the photos. I've posted some on there but there is less of a feeling of community to the site as compared to here but that might be my own point of view because I've been here so long and have met so many people.

You certainly see that they have paid advertisers there but that's what the site was set up to do.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
I put a couple hunt reports up over there at the request of a moderator on that forum who also posts here. The reports were edited to remove all mention of AR. I informed them I do not take kindly to my writing being edited without my approval and that was the last time I posted there.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When money is involved, honesty suffers...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I'm with Frostbit. I go there often but don't post much due to editing. A mention of AR is taboo. Too bad, really, as it is a nice place to visit.

Opus1's statement is so true. An Alaska forum won't publish anything negative as the advertisers may be angered. When I was charged for a flight not taken when hunting caribou, the thread was removed. I never went back.

And, of course, is the charges. My PH I've hunted with the past two summers is charged nearly $2000 to post his hunt offers there. I'm surprised they don't charge to post in the classifieds.

No doubt AR is the absolute best. Saeed and I butt heads often and he hates anything American but my hat is off to him for the quality of his forum. Hopefully he will join me this summer for my hunt with Mark Sullivan! (LOL)

Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sadly, money seems to be put above everything else.

I have no experience of africahunting.com, it know from the past that website do not like anyone mentioning any other hunting site, or reporting the truth when it happens.

I wish there more decent hunting websites, and I wish you would mention them here as often as possible, to get as much exposure as possible.

Deleting the mention of another website is just plain silly, specially deleting AR.

We are not in competition with anyone.

We have no adverts, no one is charged a penny, and we do not ask for “donations”.

AR is different in a sense that we do not ask anything from anyone.

Our aim is to encourage hunting and shooting.

Support everyone involved, whether they are professionals providing products and services, or consumers of these.

We like to see an open forum, where each individual can stand on his own merit, as ultimately our members can make their own judgement.

Bullshit and bullshit artists are not being protected.

Whether they go by the name of Mark Sullivan or American politics - keep this in mind Cal, and enjoy a place where you can say what you wish, and hear what you might not wish to hear clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Post there regularly, yes its edited, so it's not the free for all, name calling, that goes on here. So they charge to post hunts, it's called free enterprises, no big deal. If your posting hunts here, be thankful that you have a benefactor that lets you post for free. And I've seen negative reports, including on advertisers. But your right no naming other forums by name.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
I am all for free enterprise and capitalism...the fact ALL the ads slows down loading for me is why I don't go there more frequently

And when I see people from here post hunt reports there but nothing here, it speaks volumes about the individual....they are not subject to any criticism or real feedback there.

Thank you, Saeed

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjbull:
I am all for free enterprise and capitalism...the fact ALL the ads slows down loading for me is why I don't go there more frequently

And when I see people from here post hunt reports there but nothing here, it speaks volumes about the individual....they are not subject to any criticism or real feedback there.

Thank you, Saeed

Use ad blocker, I do. No ads to slow things down.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
quote:
Originally posted by jjbull:

Thank you, Saeed

Use ad blocker, I do. No ads to slow things down.

Basically, here we are comparing the proverbial “chalk and cheese”.

No comparison whatsoever can be made between AR, and any other website.

No adverts.
No editing.

One is free to post whatever one wishes, advertisers are not protected when they screw someone.
Each one stands by his or her reputation.

The crooks generally get run out of here, the honest professionals get free advertising, and many repeat customers.

When a problem does arise, both sides are free to put forward whatever they wish.

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I for one am very thankful that there's a place like this where people can post honest opinions about all things hunting.

Even if I don't always agree with others, who cares it's just every bodies personal opinion, just like mine. If things offend you especially politically, than one of the heavily moderated sites may be best for you. Just like TV, if you don't like what's said, then turn the channel.

I've learned a lot here, discovered a world of hunting opertunities that would be difficult to access anywhere else and I for one am very thankful Saeed has seen fit to allow it to prosper here. There really isn't any other site quite like it.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2811 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Difference is that you do not see canned white Lions being offered on AR.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

You can go ahead and offer one if you wish my friend. clap

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

WHAT...someone wants to kill Kimba! Eeker

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't see any reason to go any where else.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Don't see any reason to go any where else.

Jeff

+1

I used to post on 24 hr but got tired of a guy who challenged every single thing I posted.

Life is too short.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
AR is a unique website. I appreciate the content and freedom of expression. Thanks, Saeed.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. I am not very savvy on posting and various sites, but I prefer AR. The others are slow and a pain to use.

Thanks for having this site available.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reports were edited to remove all mention of AR. I informed them I do not take kindly to my writing being edited without my approval and that was the last time I posted there.

Quite right.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Sadly, money seems to be put above everything else.

I have no experience of africahunting.com, it know from the past that website do not like anyone mentioning any other hunting site, or reporting the truth when it happens.

I wish there more decent hunting websites, and I wish you would mention them here as often as possible, to get as much exposure as possible.

Deleting the mention of another website is just plain silly, specially deleting AR.

We are not in competition with anyone.

We have no adverts, no one is charged a penny, and we do not ask for “donations”.

AR is different in a sense that we do not ask anything from anyone.

Our aim is to encourage hunting and shooting.

Support everyone involved, whether they are professionals providing products and services, or consumers of these.

We like to see an open forum, where each individual can stand on his own merit, as ultimately our members can make their own judgement.

Bullshit and bullshit artists are not being protected.

Whether they go by the name of Mark Sullivan or American politics - keep this in mind Cal, and enjoy a place where you can say what you wish, and hear what you might not wish to hear clap

All of which reminds me to thank Saeed again for his generosity in hosting this site.

There certainly is a lot of acrimony and nonsense, but there is also a great deal of excellent information. Three of my four hunting trips to Africa were with outfits I learned about through AR. If AR didn't exist I almost certainly would not have the wonderful memories of those hunts that I do. I may not even have gone at all!

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
Saeed does not know me from Adam's housecat. Yet he sent me a thumb drive of his Tanzania 2016 safari. I have watched it many times. A true benefactor to the sport. Thank you Saeed.

I do not know of any other site which has the closeness that this site does.

This site literally got me through law school. I would be hating school life, and I would come here and look at all the hunt reports. Turned that frown upside down.

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A site that gets you through law school; now that is saying a lot! rotflmo tu2 Big Grin Maybe that would have made my law school experience easier-but that was 36 years ago! Big Grin Thanks, Saeed, for AR, and for also introducing us to Walter! wave

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dieseltrucker:
Saeed does not know me from Adam's housecat. Yet he sent me a thumb drive of his Tanzania 2016 safari. I have watched it many times. A true benefactor to the sport. Thank you Saeed.

I do not know of any other site which has the closeness that this site does.

This site literally got me through law school. I would be hating school life, and I would come here and look at all the hunt reports. Turned that frown upside down.

Not sure there you went to law school, but at mine it was cold beer and hot women.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Accurate Reloading and The Hunting Report are my main research sources when looking at overseas hunts. I used to check out AfricaHunting as well but decided it was not as useful as AR or THR for boots on the ground, tell it as it is info. Particularly on AR the depth of knowledge available is of great value and has been instrumental in decisions on where and with whom to hunt, rifle, ammo and gear selection etc, etc. I thank all here who have been kind enough to offer advice and suggestions to my posts and hope I have repaid in kind when I considered I had advice or comments to offer.
As others have already said we are indebted to Saeed's kindness in providing such an open hunters forum. And yes, I note Saeed's frequently caustic comments towards the USA but don't understand why.... Nothing similar is aimed at New Zealand so he must think us Kiwis are OK....... Wink

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a great website. I never even considered going to Africa until I stumbled on to this site. Now a few years later I'm going to Africa in 4 months. Thanks!

Posts: 113 | Location: Maryland 's Eastern Shore | Registered: 03 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes you pay to play on there as a outfitter but it is a good site. Both of the sites are places to look at if your going to Africa or have question. Some people like it better some like it less. I like both really and see no reason not to enjoy them both for what they are.

I have made some good friends and plan on making more over the years who share the love of hunting.

Posts: 576 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, there is no way I could ever afford to pay you for the knowledge (and enjoyment) I have gained on this site over the last 7 years. The only negative about this site is it can become addictive. I feel the need to check it almost daily (and I know I am not the only one to feel this way). You are a gentleman and a scholar, I don't care what Walter says about you rotflmo

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 488 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR WINS HANDS DOWN.

AH is a commercial dial site with way too much preference given to "paying" members.

I've learned a lot here and have made a lot of friends. AR is a great place.

Thank Saeed, you America bashing old coot Big Grin

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yes Saeed...Thank you kindly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I used to check africahunting.com daily, and posted there maybe two or three times a year. It lost me when the site went through a series of "improvements" in its physical format. For me, changes are planned obsolescence.

I still browse and sometimes post on 24hourcamfire.com and coueswhitetail.com. Like AR, their formats haven't changed in years, for which I thank their owners.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
I have posted there a few times. I enquired about some buff hunts asking about free range and self sustaining herds and was questioned by a moderator why I was asking such questions. I knew then that commercial bias significantly influences the site. None of that goes on here at all.

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don’t like it.
The moderators or certain members are fine to slander. However, others are not.
On AR, we can all criticize. Smiler

This site is far and above better.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have met some high quality and helpful people on AR. I have made no connections on AH.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally I check both daily. They are different, yet both have their place. The mods there insist on a bit more decorum over there. I believe that you have those here that prefer to express themselves more fully... here on AR. I appreciate both for what they are. I will say that I feel that there is a greater depth of knowledge here. I personally think it is silly not to be able to mention another web site over there. Use each for they are able to do.
Bruce

Posts: 376 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Accurate Reloading and The Hunting Report are my main research sources when looking at overseas hunts. I used to check out AfricaHunting as well but decided it was not as useful as AR or THR for boots on the ground, tell it as it is info. Particularly on AR the depth of knowledge available is of great value and has been instrumental in decisions on where and with whom to hunt, rifle, ammo and gear selection etc, etc. I thank all here who have been kind enough to offer advice and suggestions to my posts and hope I have repaid in kind when I considered I had advice or comments to offer.
As others have already said we are indebted to Saeed's kindness in providing such an open hunters forum. And yes, I note Saeed's frequently caustic comments towards the USA but don't understand why.... Nothing similar is aimed at New Zealand so he must think us Kiwis are OK....... Wink

Now you mention it, I do not like that silly woman you lot have chosen to rule you! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I responded to a recent hunt report about a Buffalo etc Safari that someone had bought from one of their advertisers.
In the space of the first two paragraphs the writer mentioned the phrase “free range” three times.
Odd because the property is ring fenced as well as having another internal ring fence that contains the pricey stuff !
I figured the guy must have arrived by chopper if he’d missed the wires !
The post was even heartily congratulated by the co-owner of the property so my question to Jerome was along the lines of “ does this constitute a complicity in duping readers into believing that the advertiser can deliver true free range Buffalo hunts “ ?
I was basically told to piss off and not hijack the thread.
I have no faith in some of the people on that site but enjoy reading hunt reports.

Posts: 463 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
As others have already said we are indebted to Saeed's kindness in providing such an open hunters forum. And yes, I note Saeed's frequently caustic comments towards the USA but don't understand why.... Nothing similar is aimed at New Zealand so he must think us Kiwis are OK.......

Now you mention it, I do not like that silly woman you lot have chosen to rule you! clap

Rather than go off topic in this thread with lengthy comment let me just say Saeed in this respect your statement largely concurs with my own thoughts.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Open Carry
posted Hide Post
Maybe the policy forbidding the mention of AR is a tacit admission that AR is the better forum.

Heavy moderation tends to be for snowflakes that don't like their feelings to get hurt.

Posts: 55 | Location: Easton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 28 November 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I go to the AH site only about a third as often as I visit here. Searching for certain topics here on AR is a breeze and enjoy the people on here. I have found AH to be very difficult to search for topics. I will say I sometimes grow weary of the personal attacks (not of me) that get posted here about someone for stating an opinion, but what the heck.

For some reason, I have had more luck selling higher end rifles on AH than AR.

Thanks again Saeed for the this site.

Hook em Horns

Posts: 335 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 February 2012Reply With Quote