THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    What do you think about AfricaHunting.com?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think about AfricaHunting.com?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
What happened to Idahosharpshooter?

Posts: 3033 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As the receiver of many threats death bomb ect. and having my own assigned FBI agent as a result do you really think was asking ANYONE to threaten another person with death??? That is just stupid sorry I don't usually talk like this but what I asked was for FELLOW hunters to flood the sending email address with mail from them. I never asked anyone to make death threats on my behalf that would be asinine and illegal. I would have been clearer but NEVER thought anyone would think along the lines of this individuals responding that I am breaking the law?? I wonder about people who go straight here with this type of thinking. Asking for help doesn't mean you have to help load bodies OMG>>>>

SAFARISEAN

Posts: 180 | Location: KC MO> | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
quote:
Originally posted by SafariSean:
AH is 100% a business of self promotion for Jerome and his cronies. They banned me when I posted a green peace email address that was flooding my email with death threats because I was asking members there to help me push back and give them a little of their own medicine. Conservation and protection of hunting are meaningless thoughts there. Just my opinion but it is guaranteed AH is a far cry from what Saeed and AR represent. .SS

Without permission you asked their membership to break the law on your behalf, then whine when you're banned? CRYBABY

If I'm not mistaken you are a player in the hunting industry here in the U.S.?
Did you make the same request of all your paying clientele?

As far as your claim regarding zero interest in conservation there. Bullshit.

Yes I had 100's of individuals support me but we were flooding the GP email with mail NOT repeating what they did why would you assume I would make a death threat?? What good would that do?? Your thinking here is WAY off pal and if you knew me you would have started along this line of thought. Do you always go straight to the worst assumption about someone?? AND AH FULLY understood what I was asking the membership to do SO again why was I banned because it is business and they want NO waves.SS

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ANYONE that contacted me was asked to send an email asking why animal lives were more important than any human life and how they could justify wanting to hurt my children. To my knowledge there were never any replies and Gmail ultimately closed the account. The threats were reported to the FBI as I have done with over 100 such incidents. Out of all those one idiot from Iowa was found and convicted of IT harassment and since he had been arrested at a dove hunt in Iowa his 5 years of probation was revoked and he is now in JAIL. Overall I think the FBI does nothing but the guy from Iowa was caught by my local sheriff because he was dumb enough to use a registered email..

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Definitely could have been worded better. I get what you are saying.

I had these jack asses attack me on line after I bought a bear license here in FL. The absolute worst was a total idiot. It took less than 5 minutes to find a picture of his house on line as well as a picture of his kids. I wanted to e mail them back to him but knew better.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my opinion AR is a hell of a lot more interesting.
AH is mainly about South Africa and behind wire stuff……..

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
What happened to Idahosharpshooter?

May be I should let my friends who were at the receiving end of his non stop personal threats answer this question.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
That won't be necessary Sheik Saeed.
I was just pointing out the fact that even in this mad house, if you break the rules, there are going to be consequences.

Posts: 3033 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Open Carry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SafariSean:
AH is 100% a business of self promotion for Jerome and his cronies.

Unfortunately, all hunting forums develop a coterie. AfricaHunting, 24hourcampfire, AR, and all the others I have visited have a small group of "cool kids".

Posts: 55 | Location: Easton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 28 November 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
That won't be necessary Sheik Saeed.
I was just pointing out the fact that even in this mad house, if you break the rules, there are going to be consequences.

True.

But, but this like saying breaking the laws in different countries have consequences too.

Like in Switzerland and North Korea rotflmo

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SafariSean:
AH is 100% a business of self promotion for Jerome and his cronies.

tu2
Agree

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed my time at AFhunting but do not go there much lately because for some reason when I tried to change my pass code the cryptic letters to copy to finish the change couldn't be read, so I couldn't change my pass word, and the old one doesn't work.

I still read there some but the adds make the place too slow.

...................................................................... old patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
I will never visit African Hunting again. There is currently a driven boar hunt in France listed for $95000 USD for 10 hunters for 2 days of shooting. That is $9500 per hunter. I pointed out that that was the same price as many buff hunts listed these days. That was it. No editorializing etc. My post was deleted a few days later. Anything that is not cheer leading in the Hunts Offered section will be deleted. Once again this reaffirms how fortunate we all are to have AR. Thank you Saeed

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Haven't been over there in ages, but it seemed a little too centered on RSA, and Namibia for my interest. Started seeing Christophe Mario posting about West Africa but that was about it.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spend time on campfire, AH and AR. For africa, I've done three safaris in four years (none in south africa)and they have all come from reading about AR members opinions, hunts, etc. Don't see that pattern changing.

I don't find AH as interesting as AR, but like many say, I think its great that there are other sources of information out there.

Campfire doesn't have the Africa focus but I think its a great forum.

Any other good forums out there? I've looked at nitroexpress a few times?

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoulderman:
I will never visit African Hunting again. .....

I appreciate that.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Both forums have rules which if not met, will result in your post being deleted. I recently posted a thread in the hunts offered section of AR which was deleted. I am fine with this as should anybody be if rules or guidelines are not met.

At the end of the day each forum has formed its own target audience. Be it Wild, free range hunts or high fence ranch hunting and BOTH have their local hero's.

It comes down to personal preference, marketing budget, personality and experience but we should all still respect each other as hunters and stop comparing "d..k" sizes as many tend to do.

Justin Cawood
ARC Safaris
www.arcsafaris.com
hunt@arcsafaris.com

Posts: 14 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 09 June 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cable68:
Haven't been over there in ages, but it seemed a little too centered on RSA, and Namibia for my interest. Started seeing Christophe Mario posting about West Africa but that was about it.
tu2 tu2

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Well i like them !! like i love to be here Smiler

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
I think AH is great! They don't have a political forum!

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARC Safaris:
Both forums have rules which if not met, will result in your post being deleted. I recently posted a thread in the hunts offered section of AR which was deleted. I am fine with this as should anybody be if rules or guidelines are not met.

At the end of the day each forum has formed its own target audience. Be it Wild, free range hunts or high fence ranch hunting and BOTH have their local hero's.

It comes down to personal preference, marketing budget, personality and experience but we should all still respect each other as hunters and stop comparing "d..k" sizes as many tend to do.

We do not charge you a penny to post your hunts here,but you must provide full details including a phone number.

This is posted at the top of that forum.

You never provided this, so I have no idea why you are complaining?

One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
It doesn't sound like he is complaining, Saeed. As he said, he didn't follow the rules -- no excuses made.

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by ARC Safaris:

We do not charge you a penny to post your hunts here,but you must provide full details including a phone number.

This is posted at the top of that forum.

You never provided this, so I have no idea why you are complaining?

Not complaining at ALL Saeed, I thought I was very clear in my post.

If all that was lacking was my full details including phone number, I will be sure to address this in my next thread.

Justin Cawood
ARC Safaris
www.arcsafaris.com
hunt@arcsafaris.com

Posts: 14 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 09 June 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Yes Saeed...Thank you kindly.

ECHO!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adam2
posted Hide Post
I’ve been lurking on AH, Campfire, NE.com and a few others also. Nothing compares with AR. God knows I get answers for vexing questions and solutions to impossible gunsmithing and reloading problems here minutes after I post. Thank you all and double thank you Saeed.

Posts: 76 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 16 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I have been here a long time and have had a rewarding experience and life long dream come true through AR.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I can point out a major difference. There is a new thread over at Africa Hunting. It was started last night. It is titled as follows:

SCI QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS-MAKE THEM HERE!

Not only that, they have the president and the CEO of SCI agreeing to participate.

Guess how many posts there have been? As of 3:30 east coast time, There are a grand total of two! Two!

I think that shows that they are fundamentally different that AR over there.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I think I can point out a major difference. There is a new thread over at Africa Hunting. It was started last night. It is titled as follows:

Not only that, they have the president and the CEO of SCI agreeing to participate.

Guess how many posts there have been? As of 3:30 east coast time, There are a grand total of two! Two!

SCI would not last 5 minutes with Saeed. And it would easily make about 20 pages maybe more if Crazy Horse got on board.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Larry,

In all fairness there is a 13 page thread that Paul and Rick participated in concerning the Captive Bred Lion decision by SCI.

I am surprised at the lack of participation on the current thread. There will be a couple of more post this evening, I am quite certain of that.

Andrew,

I think Rick Parsons and Paul Babaz could hold their own in any civil conversation. With the disdain and hatred towards SCI from many members of this board (SOME of it well earned by the way) why would they submit their selves to the mob mentality?

While it may be naive notion, I hold out hope for SCI, the move to Washington was good, as was the statement on the captive bred lions. That does not give them a pass for not adopting a definition for a shootable male lion, but it is a start. We shall see where things go in the next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It could be that the mods over there don't like some of the questions/posts being made and they just delete them, then send you a PM as to why. Often times it's for some BS/nitpicking reasons the mods don't agree with.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The President and CEO of SCI, or anyone else for that matter, is very welcome to participate on any discussion on AR.

But, I somehow doubt that an organization run like SCI by idiots with their own heads stuck up their own rear ends would ever do such a thing.

If they ever manage to extricate their heads out from their collective arses and just for one minute think of doing something useful for hunters, then they would participate and listen to what real hunters wish to see.

Trouble is, they have been brain washed by the MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS nutcases with lots of money and zero hunting common sense.

Anyone wishes to bet how many of those INNER CIRCLES trophies have been gotten by illegal means?

And where would SCI be once that is exposed? rotflmo

Anyone with any common sense, and have seen what SCI have been doing for the past years, would know they have no wish to change.

They are nothing but a banana republic run by mentally deranged midgets when it comes to hunting.

They "can hold their own in a civil discussion"?

"Civil" discussion with SCI is well past it.

They need a revolution to change the utterly sick competitions they had created.

Just imagine, all the big shots claiming to be hunters, with dozens of so called trophies bought from crooked South African outfitters and entered in the record book as being hunted fair and square, are being exposed.

Don't hold your breath that SCI would wish to have a "civil" discussion.

How many times in the past have we heard that the new president is the one who is going to change it for the better?

Did it ever happen??

They are the same.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

What a warm and heartfelt welcome to your forum!!!

Would you be surprised if the current president has no entries in the record books?

I will not attempt to defend some of SCI’s actions and inactions in the past, but I hold hope for the future.

No more canned lion in the record books, a baby step in the right direction.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
Saeed,

Would you be surprised if the current president has no entries in the record books?

I will not attempt to defend some of SCI’s actions and inactions in the past, but I hold hope for the future.

Mike,

At the rate SCI is trying to improve their image, and actually do what they should have been doing for donkey's years, your grand kids and mine would never know what hunting actually is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was shocked how few made comments on that post. I have a feeling more then a few are getting sick of how some like to try and control things. That thread will grow I am sure and some good ideas may come from it over time.

Both the ah site and here can be a big help for new hunters. There is clicks at both places and you either deal with them or move on. I myself will keep enjoying both places.

Posts: 576 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's a few more posts on that thread now. You might be surprised at the common concerns AH has regarding SCI as does AR.

I am a member there too. I post a lot more there than I do here. Somewhat on the topic of the thread first. I find both of these websites to have their pros/cons. So I post there more often for a couple of reasons, but I very much appreciate the information that I can often get here that I can't get there.

As a previous poster suggested, a blending of the good here with the good there, would be in my mind a very good thing. I would never try to "recruit" from one website to another and won't now as I've seen done. But why not get an AH account too, and then you can add to that thread? You have a lot of African hunting experience and I'm sure would bring something to the thread.

Not sure what prompted the OP to start this thread. But it has prompted an air of "we're good and they're bad" mentality. As such the thread has been much more inclined to promote division within our hunting ranks. I think we've had enough division.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

By difference I assume you mean all of the bickering back and forth and complaining from the armchair that occurs here? Wink Just kidding, the bickering can occur both places.

I started that thread after talking to Rick and Paul. The idea being to have a place that members could voice their ideas and suggestions over time, not a place to bum rush SCI Brass with complaints and to tell them how bad they are like might happen here. I'll judge that thread by the quality of the posts over time, and what becomes of the feedback, not the quantity of posts. That thread may very well end up being a failure, but judging it after less than 24 hours is as silly as saying a 21 day full bag safari was a failure after 15 minutes of hunting with no game being seen.

And besides Larry, if you think the thread is too short and that there is much that Rick and Paul need to constructively hear then I'd invite you to come and lengthen the thread a bit. I have great respect for your posts here. They are well thought out, realistic, and logical.
I would think that unless you already have personal relationships with Rick and Paul (and you very well may as well connected as you are) that you contributing would add value to you personally, SCI, and a heck of a lot of hunters, so what do you have to lose? At any rate, it's at least nice to see that you lurk over there, but I'd love to see you begin to add to the important conversations as well.

By the way, I haven't always been the biggest supporter of SCI, but I see them making an effort that I haven't seen in the past and I'm willing to give it another shot and see what happens.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
Saeed,

Mike,

At the rate SCI is trying to improve their image, and actually do what they should have been doing for donkey's years, your grand kids and mine would never know what hunting actually is.

Saeed,

To an extent I share your concerns about SCI and perhaps even your skepticism regarding future change. But the question as has been posed are we better off with SCI or without?

That question may be accurately answered that we're no worse without them. But would you rather be a part of the solution or just sit and bitch? I mean no disrespect to you, but you as the sight owner are setting the precedent for those who'd prefer to throw stones versus doing anything productive.

So as Mike has asked, why would anyone from SCI, and perhaps those with good intentions bother to show up here for a proper virtual stoning?

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My membership in SCI dated back into the 70's. Three or four years ago I let it lapse. Precipitating my decision to let the membership lapse, were 5-8 emails regarding 3-4 topics that SCI chose to ignore.

SCI is probably our best chance at communicating with and shaping a political world. In the past, SCI has abdicated that responsibility(ie: Cecil). SCI officers change and rotate through time. Is it possible that new blood may be more receptive to change. Paul Babaz was invited to AH to respond to SCI's new position on CBL. He graciously did just that. Paul received a couple of attacks early but handled the situation in a professional manner. Paul then invited Rick Parsons to join in on the CBL topic. Have regular hunters had access to SCI's "powers that be" before. Possibly, I am an old hunter yet relatively new to electronic media and hunting forums, so my knowledge here is limited.

The fact that SCI leaders are open to listening and to a discourse are encouraging to me. I have no illusions that SCI will make major changes in short order. The fact that SCI has 200+ board members makes it unwieldy and rigid. The fact that Paul and Rick have agreed to go on AH, and respond as they have time, seems like great steps forward.

Overall, I see communication between AH and SCI as a positive. What have we got to loose. Hopefully our grandchildren will be able to enjoy the sport we love and cherish.

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by royal27:
quote:

By difference I assume you mean all of the bickering back and forth and complaining from the armchair that occurs here? Wink Just kidding, the bickering can occur both places.

I started that thread after talking to Rick and Paul. The idea being to have a place that members could voice their ideas and suggestions over time, not a place to bum rush SCI Brass with complaints and to tell them how bad they are like might happen here. I'll judge that thread by the quality of the posts over time, and what becomes of the feedback, not the quantity of posts. That thread may very well end up being a failure, but judging it after less than 24 hours is as silly as saying a 21 day full bag safari was a failure after 15 minutes of hunting with no game being seen.

And besides Larry, if you think the thread is too short and that there is much that Rick and Paul need to constructively hear then I'd invite you to come and lengthen the thread a bit. I have great respect for your posts here. They are well thought out, realistic, and logical.
I would think that unless you already have personal relationships with Rick and Paul (and you very well may as well connected as you are) that you contributing would add value to you personally, SCI, and a heck of a lot of hunters, so what do you have to lose? At any rate, it's at least nice to see that you lurk over there, but I'd love to see you begin to add to the important conversations as well.

By the way, I haven't always been the biggest supporter of SCI, but I see them making an effort that I haven't seen in the past and I'm willing to give it another shot and see what happens.

I correspond with Paul directly and have done so for a period of years. In fact, I just invited him turkey hunting next month.

I rarely, if ever, visit AH. I can't say why. It just doesn't have as much appeal to me. I suppose it is sort of like one person liking black cars and another liking red cars. Why? They just do. I have not been on in in over 6 months. Someone made me aware of this subject. I took a look.

I was not judging the success or value of the thread at all. My point was that here on AR, in 24 hours, there would have been far more than 2 posts for whatever reason. There is a definite difference.

I want to see SCI change. I think some change is slowly coming. Personally, I was happy to see the move to DC. There are four of us here on AR who had extensive correspondence with Paul about what needed to change. I think this was late 2015. The location was one of the things we recommended. Now it has happened.

Perhaps some of the other things we discussed will happen as well. Time will tell.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
correspond with Paul directly and have done so for a period of years. In fact, I just invited him turkey hunting next month.

I rarely, if ever, visit AH. I can't say why. It just doesn't have as much appeal to me. I suppose it is sort of like one person liking black cars and another liking red cars. Why? They just do. I have not been on in in over 6 months. Someone made me aware of this subject. I took a look.

I was not judging the success or value of the thread at all. My point was that here on AR, in 24 hours, there would have been far more than 2 posts for whatever reason. There is a definite difference.

I want to see SCI change. I think some change is slowly coming. Personally, I was happy to see the move to DC. There are four of us here on AR who had extensive correspondence with Paul about what needed to change. I think this was late 2015. The location was one of the things we recommended. Now it has happened.

Perhaps some of the other things we discussed will happen as well. Time will tell.

Fair enough. Thanks for responding and I'm glad you're talking with Paul directly already.

Agree that time will tell.