Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia was a BLAST...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Gang...

Thank you all for your support and well wishes as my son and I had a BLAST! I definitely had my own EXPERIENCE with AFRICA herself and I'll never be the same! Words at this present time can't truly express all the emotions I feel inside...The trip to Africa is by far the most WONDERFUL experience I've ever had...I've had the chance to rest and recuperate the past few days and my heart longs to go back soon...Even as soon as next week if I could!...No Joke! Wink

Well our 30-06 rifles did superbly on all our game with my first reloads ever...180gr Partitions/53.8 grains IMR 4350/ CCI 200 Primers/ WW Brass...This load had accounted for 11 of 12 pass-throughs and 11 of 12 one shot kills...The only one that didn't completely pass-through was on a large Kudu Bull I shot at a lasered 143 yds which I busted through both shoulders on a CNS shot for a bang-flop...The bullet was a PERFECT mushroom and recovered underneath the off-side skin...I will weigh and post pics of the bullet asap to share with you all...And the only beast that required a second shot was only because we didn't want to recover it on the other-side of the mountain crest and I stopped this Kudu Bull with a 265-yard shot estimated by my PH...IMHO these 30-06 180gr Partitions truly accounted for 12 one-shot kills and 99% pass-throughs...We will definitely use them again on our next trip...They ripped through the tough Oryx Bulls we took with no problems and I did not hestitate to SMASH these bullets a smidge off the point of the shoulders...The blood trails were good to say the least...Most of our beasts died within 35 to 40 yds of where they were shot and several were DRT depending on our point of aim in regards to the angles we had in the field...All of our practice paid-off BIG TIME...

I hope you enjoy our trophies...We scored well...

Kudu Bulls.....(2) Silver and (1) Bronze

Oryx Bulls.....(3) Gold

Warthogs.......(3) Gold

Blesbok........a little small but Josh wanted it...

Impala.........Beautiful

Hartmann's Zebra....A MASSIVE STALLION and a BEAST who ran dead for 400 yards on a shot the literally tore up his VITALS...He couldn't have been shot any better by my son...It was a SOLID shot on a SOLID massive beast...We truly respect his fight and will to live!!! We are tanning his hide to adorn our bed as Josh shot this PRIZED beast of a large herd for my wife as her trophy for sending us off on this African Adventure that we'll never forget!

We love you all and again your friendship and correspondence will forever be cherished by this FATHER-SON TEAM...If you have any particular questions I will reply as soon as I can in detail...I want to support anyone who is interested as many of you have helped prepare me very generously...Aloha to all...

31.5 hrs of actual flying time...Touchdown!, "Houston", do you copy?...I think we're looking pretty excited to say the least...

Horns 99cm/101cm and 21cm Base Trophy Oryx Bull

Two-Handsome Guyz... Big Grin Big Grin
I took this WARTIE at 175 yds quartering-away in some gusty winds blowing right to left...He was DRT...This only boosted my confidence in my field shooting ability as the days progressed...Not to get sloppy and cocky out there, but it gave me more confidence because of the experience...I never aimed at any of my animal's VITALS, but I trained myself and son to ALWAYS aim at a 2" diameter X-Mark "on" the vitals of the animal...We weren't aiming at 9"+ Vitals but the 2" X-Mark...It seemed like everywhere I needed to put it, I did! And he did too! Yes, shot placement is everything! We threaded the needle between the tall bushes and shrubs and tree branches on several shots...It felt good to have that type of command over our weapons... We weren't always given that PERFECT broad-side shot we novices often hope for! Nevertheless watching the PERFECT SHOT over and over again and studying the location of the vitals for all the PG animals at "every angle" paid off BIG TIME...Within four to five-seconds the trigger broke like glass on every animal we had in our crosshairs...I thought we did remarkably well...

Josh got a BEAUTIFUL KUDU BULL with thick bases and deep spirals that impressed us...

Super thick bases on this WARTIE...

My first Kudu Bull

My second Kudu Bull

Only 84cm horns but 20cm thick bases, they hunted hard for an Oryx Bull for nearly 2.5 days but always got busted or winded...They took this one on the last dedicated evening and were celebrating like crazed-men! :grin:

He finally got a shot on a baboon that was drinking at a watering-hole...Again one-shot DRT face-down into the water...He's pictured here with Absallom, his tracker...I must say the boy can shoot, he's ALMOST as good as his FATHER... :grin: Big Grin :grin:

Here's a Blesbok he really wanted, well what can I say...I thought it was rather small and still early in the hunt but the kid wanted this one and this one he got...One-shot and DRT...

This is my second WARTIE...I shot it at about 50 yds hiding in some very tall shrubs and grasses while trying to hide from us... We busted several of them for a change... Big Grin

This is my second Oryx Bull...I fell in love with their strength, tenacity, and power...They are very beautiful and solid and have the WILL and SPIRIT to LIVE!!! I enjoy hunting them and they were clever and they would only give us a second or two to get a shot off if they winded or busted us...Their comfort range seems like a MILE LONG... Big Grin

I hope you enjoyed our story!

Again, Aloha to you all!!!

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice trophies, you guys did great! Looks like you both had a real nice time.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Looks like a superb trip!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Where in Namibia did you hunt and with whom? Good to see your luck with Kudu. I understand Rabies has dropped their numbers in some spots.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats are a very nice trip. Looks like you now have the Africa disease of all ways wanting to go back, sorry no cure but more trips relieve the symptoms temporarily.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful hunt, Roland! Thanks for sharing.

Wonder how come Josh has you so outclassed with that Sako of his? Wink

All your trophies look great. Ain't Namibia a hoot? Let us know all about your travel to-from. Going all the way from Hawaii has to be a grueling test of endurance.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Wonderful hunt, Roland! Thanks for sharing.

Wonder how come Josh has you so outclassed with that Sako of his? Wink

All your trophies look great. Ain't Namibia a hoot? Let us know all about your travel to-from. Going all the way from Hawaii has to be a grueling test of endurance.

Hey Buddy!

Yep, Namibia was everything you said it would be and more!

And Josh's pre-73 SAKO 30-06 was definitely a hit with the PH's...The feel of that rifle is incredible...It prints 1/2" 3-shot groups @ 100 yds. with our 180gr Partition hunting load...

But I will say my Rem 798 performed flawlessly!
Its my blonde bomber CRF...I fondled that rifle every night before we went to sleep...I will be taking her back again someday as I know he will take his SAKO... Wink

I will PM you with the details and the rigors of the trip or if other members want to hear it too, then I'll post here soon...I'm still trying to get settled in at home for the time being...However, I did feel that I should post ASAP because of all the support I received here! wave

Aloha,

Ro

I also have numerous images I will post on the "PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM" here on AR...Please keep an eye out for them in a day or two...

One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
Bruddah Ro!!!! Ho bruddah, some nice trophies!!Looks like your boy had a good time, wheres da Wildebeest??? gotta go back now!....Ho bruddah now you hooked, so when da next trip???....Africa Hana Hou!!!!.........Chuck Kahahawai

I'm booked for Summer 2009 with my boy too, he wants a Kudu, I need to get my Gemsbok, I might just go ahead snd drop for da Sable too....Aloha bruddah!

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Great report, you can read the enjoyment in it. I hope that I have as good a time on my trip!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great job, just proves, nothing beats bullet placement.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Roland, wonderful Pix and Trophies. Congratulations to you and your son! Well
done all the way around! Thanks for posting, and give us some more picts when you're rested.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKsheephunter:
Bruddah Ro!!!! Ho bruddah, some nice trophies!!Looks like your boy had a good time, wheres da Wildebeest??? gotta go back now!....Ho bruddah now you hooked, so when da next trip???....Africa Hana Hou!!!!.........Chuck Kahahawai

I'm booked for Summer 2009 with my boy too, he wants a Kudu, I need to get my Gemsbok, I might just go ahead snd drop for da Sable too....Aloha bruddah!

Aloha Bruddah Chuck!

The trip was NUTS!!!

Yep, we had a BLAST and you know for certain I had my heart set on a Blue and Black Wildebeest, however the drought late last year took its toll on the MONSTER BULLS...

You got that right my bruddah, in two years they'll be some MONSTERS when I go again in two years I pray!!!

I didn't want to take "representatives" of the Wildebeests but wanted TROPHIES!!!

We'll be back for sure either there or some other place in Namibia just to get more experience hunting the country...We were NW Central in the country, next time maybe more North or South...I'll keep watching here for some great outfitters...Karl Stumpfe always comes to mind for me and now I just learned that you, Saeed, and Terry B. had alot of success with another outfitter I most recently read I believe in RSA...But heart is for Namibia to be honest and will look intently there...Again, Karl S. is a man of integrity IMHO and he got ahold of some great concessions up NORTH as I understand...Open camps in tents may be the way to go for our next trip, since this first trip had all the comforts of home...First-Class for sure!!!

I think me and the boy want to rough it under the open African skies the next time around for a truly different experience...

We like roughing it if you know what I mean as it just SETS things in a whole new perspective...

I believe Karl S is my man for the job!!!
Its cull hunting packages and trophy add-ons!

Aloha my Bruddah and keep warm in Alaska!

Ro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great hunt!

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
Looks like you a great hunt. Nice Kudu! Who did you guys hunt with?

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Blauwkamp:
Great job, just proves, nothing beats bullet placement.

Terry, Terry, Terry...

What can I say my friend, what can I say!!!

You are one of the guys who were so influential in preparing me in many facets and unknowns from beginning to end...

I am most greatful to you for all the time and effort you invetsed into me!

All I can say is THANK YOU SIR for believing in me and my PASSION!!!

To you I will be forever greatful!

I just got your PM and will get to it in a few minutes!

Love you my FRIEND!

God Bless!

Ro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Roland, wonderful Pix and Trophies. Congratulations to you and your son! Well
done all the way around! Thanks for posting, and give us some more picts when you're rested.

Hey Steve,

I got you some pics to share with you my friend!

Like I told you before I left, you always manage to get off some doozies every time you're in Africa...This time I got a few too...

Thanks for showing me the importance and grandeur of everlasting photos...BTW the cameras I had performed flawlessly, if anything user error if anything! Big Grin

I will post in a day or so...Much to do on the homefront right now as anticipated... horse

Aloha,

Ro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyone I appreciate you taking the time in posting your congrats and kindness...My son and I will keep this and copy these responses and all of our posts since the inception of this trip as living memories in our journal of Africa...

We appreciate you all very much...as time goes by I will provide details into every facet of our trip with TRUE feelings about this and that about this entire experience from expectations to mere surprises that I think will intrigue you all and give prospective first-timers as myself the ability to look deeper into the entire experience, at least into one man's experience on his ONLY experience with Africa yet! I hope to go back again to experience more of everything very soon...FYI there was NOTHING that was negative on this trip but quite to the contrary, everything exceeded ALL my expectations to various degrees...

BTW, I hunted with PH Tommy Hall and his PH son Rodney where Tommy is the 165,000 acre Farm Manager for MW Farms in the Omaruru District of Namibia...The Landowner allows only 25 hunters annually onto his property and his operation is first-class all the way! They have no web-site as they have no desire to take in an influx of requests...IMO its this quality business decision that keeps the impeccable quality of the experience with them to the HIGHEST of STANDARDS...They are definitely targeted to the VERY DISCRIMINATING HUNTER while charging at or below the average price of a hunt...You will definitely get more than you pay for on this hunt, in fact a WHOLE lot MORE...

If you are really serious give me a PM and I will get you in touch with their US booking agent and you two can take it from there...

Aloha to all...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fabulous, LB. I leave Aug. 3 for my first safari. Namibia, too. Hope I do as well.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a great time. Let me guess, the plane ride was a lot longer on the way home? Congratulations to you and your son. Nice shooting and beautiful animals.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice report and pics. Congratulations.

posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

This is also one of many great reviews I've read about the Remington 798.

Posts: 20 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 07 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your first safari and taking your son along with you... you will both share this experience the rest of your lives. I just wish Africa would have made a bigger impression on you! Big Grin

Sounds like you've found a new "favorite" hunting destination!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done mate. thumb

Nothing like your first trip to Africa!! Smiler

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

We appreciate hearing from you all!

Yep, I'm afraid Africa is the only place I will now want to hunt!

IMO Africa is MORE than BIG ENOUGH for us all...

We need to plan now before the prices will be escalating as more come over and I hope they do!

Everyone should experience Africa who DESIRES to experience Africa...Its not only for the rich or famous...It is for the rich and famous and to anyone who is willing to answer HER call...

My heart is to inspire my fellow hunters to answer her call if they are able to...

Take care and God bless,

Ro

one of us
posted Hide Post
Late-Bloomer:

Shhhhhh, don't tell everything you know clap.....My son and I will be at your African honey hole in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

Congratulations on a great hunt.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The smiles say it all. Congrats.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Gatogordo,

That's what I've heard while I was there!

Its going to be everything you've heard and more!

I wish you and your son an INCREDIBLE FANTABULOUS TIME...

Tell the owners Martin and Ursi, PH/Manager Tommy and Marion, and their PH son Rodney we said hello! Especially "trackers" Manuel and Absallom...

These people will do everything in their power to make sure you have nothing but an "EXCELLENT TIME"....a good time for this family ain't quite good enough, it just don't sit well with them!

They demand you have an EXCELLENT time!

Now that's what I call AWESOME people!!!

There's lots of game for you and your 14 yr old son...We wish you the BEST of everything!

Open your hearts wide open to these people and they will fill you up over-flowing with an EXCELLENT time!

Tommy of course is the head-honcho PH but I tell you his 24 yr old son Rodney is more than a chip off the ole block!!! I hope you can get a chance to hunt with them both! Tommy is just plain awesome and you will loove his humble kindness for a big man right from the start for sure!

My son hunted with Rodney 24/7 not because he had to but wanted to desperately!!!

One last heads-up...

Be prepared to gain weight as we ate pretty much fine-dining gourmet food every night cooked and served by a German chef and friend they flew in for our hunt!!! All the Windhoek Draught Beer and Champagne to your hearts desire...Enjoy my friend,...ENJOY...You will have an excellent time...

One more thing bring a sports-type sweater with hood with pockets as it gets pretty cold coming in from the late afternoon/early-evening hunts...Also the mornings are cold till about 9am or so then you guys could peel off the jackets and we hunted in polo shirts as you can see from our pictures...Boots just where any type of comfortable walking shoes no need for heavy-duty boots anywhere on their 165,000 acres...Bring lots of camera equipment you won't regret it...And I hope you guys get to pop three HUGE cheetahs that are plaguing the PG herds right now! Ursi and Tommy want them dead as dead can be with a PASSION...

Well in a breath I gave you my all...I hope its helpful to you..PM me if you have any other questions, I'll be more than pleased to share my experiences with you!

Aloha Big Guy!

Ro

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
If you are from Honolulu and hunting with Tommy Hall, chances are you know Geoff Hashimoto! I apprenticed under Geoff on my way to becoming a 'Professional Pig Killer'.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir,

I have been privileged to meet Geoff Hashimoto...He's a wonderful man and OUR "Hunting Daddy"...He loves to WHACK those Ni'ihau pigs... Wink

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Yup, there be Geoff! What a mountain of critters that guy has whacked. Don't come any better guy to hunt with.

And by the way....those are some really good gemsbok!

Several years ago Tommy visited with me in Michigan. Showed him and some other ~adult Namibians snow for the first time. What did they do? Promptly got into a snowball fight. Then introduced them to snow machines. Within two minutes they wanted to see how fast they would go.

Tommy Hall is good people. 'Nuff said

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Congrats,

You have some great trophies and an expriance that will last you a loooong time.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Roland,
I'm hunting with Karl from August 16th - 26th and I am absolutely psyched out right now!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I hope you don't mind if I don't have a lot to say.....I'll just read this thread and smile a lot.....and you know why!!! Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
Winston Churchill

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ScopeBite
posted Hide Post
Roland!

The thanks goes to you for sharing! I am stoked that your trip was superb.
Those are some nice animals. I dont know what else to say....

My only delima is....which pics do I put up in the office?

See you you soon.

Shawn

I would rather Boar Hunt for my Bacon!

Posts: 136 | Location: Bakersfield California | Registered: 26 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice to see an older Sako still going strong...for my money, the best made production rifle ever.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing these memories with us! Do you have any pictures of the camp?

Proud DRSS member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland
Fantastic trophies well done to both of you.Can you give us the details of who you hunted with.A few of us Aussie's would like to take a trip to Namib and are looking for good outfitters
Cheers

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vapodog:
I hope you don't mind if I don't have a lot to say.....I'll just read this thread and smile a lot.....and you know why!!! Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler

I need to give you and Stonecreek some recognition and acknowledgement along with Terry Blauwkamp...You guys have prepared me and stayed with me from the very beginning...I went on this hunt with a lot of confidence in part to the three of you who invested so much time and effort in PM's etc...I love you guys for it!!!

Just like you said, 30-06 and 180 grain Partitions would do us right with proper shot placement....Really no need for a 338 WM if one doesn't have one nearby...IMO the 30-06 is very comfortable to shoot if one desires an easy shooting rifle...My boy is not even of medium stature for his age just yet and he shoots our hunting load like its a BB gun...No need to get busted up on a PG hunt...I'll save that for my CB on my next trip!!!

Thanks again for all the time you've invested in me...I'll PM you soon with some additional details brother!

Aloha,

Ro

One of Us
Picture of infinito
posted Hide Post
Well done Roland and your son!!!!!

Shooting like that you are welcome to visit us any day you like in South Africa.....

Cheers mate!

www.infinito-safaris.com

Charl van Rooyen
Owner
Infinito Travel Group
www.infinito-safaris.com
charl@infinito-safaris.com
Cell: +27 78 444 7661
Tel: +27 13 262 4077
Fax:+27 13 262 3845
Hereford Street 28A
Groblersdal
Limpopo
R.S.A.

"For the Infinite adventure"

Plains Game
Dangerous Game
Bucket List Specialists
Wing-Shooting
In House Taxidermy Studio
In House Dip and Pack Facility
In House Shipping Service
Non-Hunting Tours and Safaris
Flight bookings

"I promise every hunter visiting us our personal attention from the moment we meet you, until your trophies hang on your wall. Our all inclusive service chain means you work with one person (me) taking responsibility during the whole process. Affordable and reputable Hunting Safaris is our game! With a our all inclusive door to door service, who else do you want to have fun with?"

South Africa
Tanzania
Uganda

Posts: 2018 | Location: South Africa,Tanzania & Uganda | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Roland,
I'm hunting with Karl from August 16th - 26th and I am absolutely psyched out right now!

I am very excited for you and tell the big guy I was a bit too busy to give him a call on my trip there...However I hope to be hunting with him soon!

I wish you the best my friend and I would love to hear all about it...The time will be here before you know it and you couldn't find a better PH IMHO than Karl S...Go gettem...