Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Outdoors- make your voice heard
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a lot of threads on AR, folks are long on chatter and short on action:

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Saeed, there are not "many" people here only a miniscule few of the world wide hunters.

My guess is the population on AR is a statistically significant sample, and therefore an accurate depiction of the feeling among all hunters.

In all sincerity I think you are sadly mistaken. From a statistical perspective, not only is the AR data set small (particularly in terms of those that opine on these issues) but the data set is skewed. Sort of like running a political poll that relies solely on the opinions of active political bloggers. You cannot extrapolate those results. At the next SCI convention, stand at the door and ask everyone entering whether they have heard of AR or spent more than 30 minutes on AR in the last twelve months. I would be surprised if you break single digits.

Certainly if you poll SCI members, I would agree. But I stand by my statement (and my five patents using statistical techniques) that AR is probably a representative sample of the general feelings of hunters - on any issue. Put it this way: there is no outpouring of love for SCI on AR or any other website that I can find. DSC and the NRA certainly seem to have more "cyber love."

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I have only me Mr Craig Kauffman one time when he was a volunteer regional rep for Western Pa. He was a young man in the banking industry. He went to public school in Pa and a state college. He worked his way up thru the ranks. I don't think he is in the financial realm you would think. He came from humble beginnings unlike some posting here.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Whoever he is, if he is running SCI he is doing a very poor job of it!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68790 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I am sure your could do better with all your hands on experience.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darn sure could not do any worse!

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
All,

SCI Outdoors is dead on arrival. The majority of the EC has no interest in this venture. It was some pretty bad PR, but that's about all it amounted to.

Brett

A sincerely worded letter of apology to their members and exhibitors would be in order and a promise to not do that again. This ranks up there with "New Coke" for PR train wrecks.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
I guess we do have something in common my opinion of AR is the same as your opinion of SCI, nothing more or nothing less.

Bloody hell Ed,

With my attitude towards SCI, if they had a forum, I can assure you, you would not see ME there beer

Really! If you hold AR and it's posters in such contempt why in hell would you post here? You're a frigging hypocrite, and that makes you the perfect SCI whore.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, I have only me Mr Craig Kauffman one time when he was a volunteer regional rep for Western Pa. He was a young man in the banking industry. He went to public school in Pa and a state college. He worked his way up thru the ranks. I don't think he is in the financial realm you would think. He came from humble beginnings unlike some posting here.

What the hell are you trying to say?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Darn sure could not do any worse!

The sad fact is SCI has had a long history of screwing things up.

It seems all the wrong people gravitate to the top of that organization!

What is that saying of certain things tend to float to the top of the water? rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 68790 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a word to the wise from one of the significant negotiators to KILL SCI Outdoors has to say today-

"I would love to believe SCi Outdoors is completely dead, but I have word this morning there might be a move afoot to bring this up again next year and try and sneak it through. You along with every one you know that belongs to SCI need to send letters or emails to each EC member, Craig Kaufman and Phil Delone what you think about the idea. "

So keep your letters and comments going to Pres, EC and CEO Phil Delone. Larry Shores posted EC e-mail addresses, here is Phil Delone,CEO- Phil@safariclub.org

Better yet, make sure that every Chapter President is made aware of your dissatisfaction, each one of them is on the Board of Directors. Frankly, I would include Larry Shores letter/AR Post to each Chapter Pres, if Larry is good with that!! They need to know what "the World" is thinking about SCI vs living with blinders!!

This last go was buried in a 100 page Budget Doc, just like Congress does by attaching a controversial bill to one that is going to get passed and signed, typically a funding bill!!

Keep your eyes open....this AIN'T OVER YET!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2677 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

I deleted your PM as it did not warrant a reply.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
posted Hide Post
470:

I hope you are wrong. It would not surprise me at all if you weren't.

Trust me, the EC is being bombarded. I am quite confident that they are hearing things that are no doubt shocking to them.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
470:

I hope you are wrong. It would not surprise me at all if you weren't.

Trust me, the EC is being bombarded. I am quite confident that they are hearing things that are no doubt shocking to them.

About time THEY were at the receiving end of some shocking things.

As I have been saying all along, the WHOLE, SILLY culture that has permeated the top of SCI for years now need to change.

This might be the time for all of us to exert enough pressure until they do.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
There's a few things in life that puzzle me and one of the biggest puzzles is why the hell do the pro SCI guys always react like a scalded cat whenever the organisation is criticised?

Most, if not all react by hurling irrelevant & usually inaccurate personal insults & innuendo etc every time the subject comes up.

C'mon guys, can't you all just debate politely instead of lowering yourself in such ways?

If I was Saeed, I'd be waving the banning stick at some of you guys. Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Gayne,

What is DSC doing on the importation ban? Thanks.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I saw the note in Game Trails but it really does not articulate what DSC is actually doing to lift the ban, engage its members to intervene, etc.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gayne,

And what is DSC doing with regards to allowing this thief to participate in the DSC convention, and buying advertising in your DSC magazine?

http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/9951024791

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
quote:
Gayne,

And what is DSC doing with regards to allowing this thief to participate in the DSC convention, and buying advertising in your DSC magazine?

Great question.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Not sure why Gayne decided to delete his posts. Would be nice to use the Game Trails vehicle to let folks know what DSC is doing on the importation ban, seek the engagement of members, etc.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gayne,

Great question.

Mike: As discussed in PM's, DSC is still working on the elephant ban.

JGRaider: I checked and there have been no ethics complaints against this outfitter submitted to DSC. If you or any other hunter feel like they were cheated by this outfitter and is a member of DSC, please feel free to come forward and file an ethics complaint. Having said that, there will be no donation from this outfitter at our next convention.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gayne,

Great question.

JGRaider: I checked and there have been no ethics complaints against this outfitter submitted to DSC. If you or any other hunter feel like they were cheated by this outfitter and is a member of DSC, please feel free to come forward and file an ethics complaint. Having said that, there will be no donation from this outfitter at our next convention.

Karl

Karl:

Have you seen the articles about this guy in the Hunting Report? They are eye opening.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Karl, I know (or more accurately, feel certain or sincerely hope) that DSC is working on the issue but the DSC members do not have any insights into what has been done or is being done, what DSC is focused on, why DSC is approaching the issue in the manner it is, whether DSC is coordinating with SCI or not, how the members can assist in the DSC's efforts, etc. We can see what SCI is doing and has done, e.g., the lobby day activities, the Congressional letter, the litigation, facilitating the dialogue and data collection process with groups on the ground in Africa, and the like. That was the point I was trying to make to Gayne before he pulled his posts. Not trying to be critical, just trying to understand.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
All,

SCI Outdoors is dead on arrival. The majority of the EC has no interest in this venture. It was some pretty bad PR, but that's about all it amounted to.

Brett

A sincerely worded letter of apology to their members and exhibitors would be in order and a promise to not do that again. This ranks up there with "New Coke" for PR train wrecks.

Agreed on the PR train wreck. SCI Outdoors is in fact no more, but the official death certificate can't be filled out until the August board meeting since it was voted on and approved by the board.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gayne,

Great question.

Karl

Karl:

Have you seen the articles about this guy in the Hunting Report? They are eye opening.

If there are negative reports on this character on the Hunting Report, it might be a good idea for DSC to distance themselves from him.

Not accepting donations from him is great, but allowing him to exhibit and expose others to him is not so great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Fujo - In Brett's defense, many of the 147 voters were in fact duped to a degree into voting for this debacle! It was NOT discussed at the May 10 meeting, but it was buried in the 110 page budget proposal. So, unless you sat there and read all 110 pages thoroughly - before voting, its very possible one didn't actually know about it. That was the intention of those who came up with this genius idea!!!!!!

Reminds me of another situation in the not too distant past.."Let's pass it and see what's in it"

I've been out of touch 2 weeks . Seems I missed all the fun. Big Grin

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me REPEAT- Good input has it that the folks behind SCI OUTDOORS will make another run at this in due time!!

DON'T DORP YOUR GUARD!! KEEP WATCHING, IT WILL SHOW UP SOMEWHERE, IN ANOTHER SURPRISE, JUST LIKE RICH IS STATING!!

Washington Politics in SCI!!

diggin

470EDDY

Posts: 2677 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
It would be really interesting to know how many folks from AR actually took the time to write the EC to complain about SCI Outdoors. Excluding the outfitters and booking agents that have a vested financial interest in the issue, I would venture a guess that less than twenty-five folks took the time to send a note. I would also venture a guess that some of SCI's most vociferous critics were not in the twenty-five. Would love to be proven wrong but I sincerely doubt it. Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in actions; unfortunately, some want to lead from behind.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Let me REPEAT- Good input has it that the folks behind SCI OUTDOORS will make another run at this in due time!!

DON'T DORP YOUR GUARD!! KEEP WATCHING, IT WILL SHOW UP SOMEWHERE, IN ANOTHER SURPRISE, JUST LIKE RICH IS STATING!!

Washington Politics in SCI!!

diggin

ANY responsible management would have given those idiots who came up with this a kick up the rear end out of the door!

Of course, we are not going to hold our breath for anyone from the EC to do anything right!

They are digging a very deep hole for themselves, they might not be able to extricate themselves out of.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be really interesting to know how many folks from AR actually took the time to write the EC to complain about SCI Outdoors.

I wonder how many who did write to the EC actually got some kind of response? I wrote to the email addresses supplied by Mr. Shores and I did not get a single reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received no responses either.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I received two replies.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I rec'd zero responses. Very disappointing.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Not sure I would regard the lack of a response as disappointing. I am not surprised that each email did not receive an individual response. And in fact there was a response, the EC suspended the effort.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure I would regard the lack of a response as disappointing. I am not surprised that each email did not receive an individual response. And in fact there was a response, the EC suspended the effort.

+1

Desired result achieved. Who cares if individual responses were provided.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:

+1

Desired result achieved. Who cares if individual responses were provided.

A blanket response expressing that they understand now why that was a bad idea would go a long way towards perhaps showing they at least marginally "got it".

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The most worrying thing is that they ever researched the idea for (by their own admission) no less than 6 months and then made the decision it might be a goes and went ahead and announced it to the world.

Surely any bloody fool would instantly realise the idea was shafting both ordinary members and exhibitors!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Surely any bloody fool would instantly realise the idea was shafting both ordinary members and exhibitors!

I agree, it is amazing that apparently not one member of the EC acknowledged the serious conflict of interest and suggested that it should be shut down.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I agree, it is amazing that apparently not one member of the EC acknowledged the serious conflict of interest and suggested that it should be shut down.

+3.... 2020 2020 2020

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have lived long enough to learn that people hear what they want to hear. I think that is what happened here with the approval.