Fighter pilots and astronaughts weep in agony at my flying skills

Yeah? how many traps you got ? Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
No Surgery For Obese in England's Single Payer System.

We are headed down that road.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Everything on AR eventually turns into a dick measuring contest. Best gun, best caliber, best bullet, your lion was only 5.2 years old therefore unethical, and I can tell from the photo because I'm the worlds foremost expert on photographically aging lions, just ask me. Which Buffalo bull to shoot, best hiking boots, and now the fittest old man contest/ my running and diet plan are far superior to your workout and diet plan.

Surestrike.

Agreed. Large egos are present here, and they're easy to spot.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:
Fighter pilots and astronaughts weep in agony at my flying skills

Yeah? how many traps you got ? Smiler

Only amateurs need an arresting cable. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everything on AR eventually turns into a dick measuring contest. Best gun, best caliber, best bullet, your lion was only 5.2 years old therefore unethical, and I can tell from the photo because I'm the worlds foremost expert on photographically aging lions, just ask me. Which Buffalo bull to shoot, best hiking boots, and now the fittest old man contest/ my running and diet plan are far superior to your workout and diet plan.

Just FYI,
I am a superior athlete, rifleman, hiker, conisouer of all things sporting, my 4WD truck is better than yours, my hiking boots are the best, if I ever do shoot a lion it'll be more mature and ethical than yours. Chicks dig me and guys strive to be like me. Fighter pilots and astronaughts weep in agony at my flying skills and I am extremely humble and modest. Please keep this in mind and in the future please understand that I am the winner of any and all dick measuring contests.

Your humble servant

Surestrike.

You forgot to include having the largest deadlift induced rectal prolapse.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7621 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
You go for a swim....I'll take the deep dish pizza. Big Grin

Yep. I'll help and bring the beer.......I know.....you don't drink Wink more for me!

I'll buy...will DSC 2018 work?

You betcha brother!

Posts: 42337 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Snort! animal

Posts: 42337 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crossfit is the number one reason these days for people to see an orthopedic surgeon!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vaquero:
Crossfit is the number one reason these days for people to see an orthopedic surgeon!

Your source?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Your source?

Tic tock, tic tock

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7621 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

People who do crossfit are like vegetarians and atheists.

The practitioners will always bring it up in every conversation that they possibly can. Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12684 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:

Just FYI,
I am a superior athlete, rifleman, hiker, conisouer of all things sporting, my 4WD truck is better than yours, my hiking boots are the best, if I ever do shoot a lion it'll be more mature and ethical than yours. Chicks dig me and guys strive to be like me. Fighter pilots and astronaughts weep in agony at my flying skills and I am extremely humble and modest. Please keep this in mind and in the future please understand that I am the winner of any and all dick measuring contests.

Your humble servant

Surestrike.

Yeah, that too! Cool

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post

JIM: Is this Medspeak for hemorrhoids? If so, I'll stack mine against anybody's. I single handedly keep Preparation H in business.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
quote:

Surestrike.

Agreed. Large egos are present here, and they're easy to spot.

I guess that is a matter of perspective. I find AR a wealth of information, whether it be fitness, guns, soft buffalo, immature lions, etc. I find Muletrain's post motivating, and I find Bud Meadow's post great as well, since he now finds hunting much easier now that he has lost weight. If that motivates someone get off the couch and hunt more, that is great. I mean, what harm is there in promoting fitness? Does that fat slob posing with the lion help us or hurt us? Posts like Muletrain's are illustrative in that you can be in great shape after age 60. Even posts about Crossfit are beneficial; the positive PR it gets makes me think more about doing it.

As for flying skills, I recall a trip to Houston. I have a buddy who is an astronaut (was on ISS when the Columbia disintegrated). He gave some of us a private tour of JSC a few years ago. On that tour we met a Naval aviator who had been up in the shuttle once and one of my friends asked this guy if going up in the shuttle was scary.

He replied, "Not as scary as the 138 night landings I made on a carrier."

So Jorge, stud points to you.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Mike:

I have to disagree with you my friend. I think the under 35 crowd are the people more likely to take foolish risks and do stupid things.

I use climbers often. I often say no to the tree, the situation or something. I exercise great care.

Care is good in a dangerous activity. I am sure you never get on a climber without a safety belt.

I look at tree climbers as being similar to motorcycles. Over time and use one will have a close call.

In motorcycles the data is clear - older one gets the more likely the fall accident injury causes greater injury.

http://www.iii.org/issue-updat...n-motorcycle-crashes

The issue with climbing tree stands and age for me is not that age greatly impares ability. It's when bad stuff happens - falls/accidents - the older one is the worse the injury.

Everything in life is a trade off. I just don't see a great risk reward with climbing tree stands or motorcycles and age. The packaged dg buff hunt in Africa is a different thing.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
Arizona - At around age 55 guys I know or worked with started dying. Every time I went to a funeral it was like a wake up call. One day I just made up my mind to start living life to the fullest and making the most of whatever time I had left on this planet. At that time I was fat as fuck. And I was fat because of eating ice cream, cookies, snack crackers, and other snack foods at night after work while watching tv.

Got rid of the snacks and the tv and bought a set of hand weights. It took about a year to get down to 160 and gradually all of the symptoms that my doctor told me were normal for an old man disappeared. It turns out that they were not normal symptoms for an old man but for a fat old man. Back pain, knee pain, neck pain, migraines, acid reflux, insomnia, heart palpations, general grumpyness, depression. All gone.

I really started feeling good. Got a gym membership and started using a barbell. Gained 15 pounds of muscle. Joined a social road bike club and started biking. I thought my running days were long gone but discovered I could run again. So I alternated running and biking.

Then my sister challenged me to a triathlon. I figured I would do one just so she would quit hazing me about it. We both took second place in our age group and I had so much fun doing it that I just kept it up.

Life has just been so much more enjoyable after geting healthy. But the one down side to all this is summed up in a quote from Redd Fox.

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing."
Redd Foxx

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muletrain:
Arizona - At around age 55 guys I know or worked with started dying. Every time I went to a funeral it was like a wake up call. One day I just made up my mind to start living life to the fullest and making the most of whatever time I had left on this planet. At that time I was fat as fuck. And I was fat because of eating ice cream, cookies, snack crackers, and other snack foods at night after work while watching tv.

Got rid of the snacks and the tv and bought a set of hand weights. It took about a year to get down to 160 and gradually all of the symptoms that my doctor told me were normal for an old man disappeared. It turns out that they were not normal symptoms for an old man but for a fat old man. Back pain, knee pain, neck pain, migraines, acid reflux, insomnia, heart palpations, general grumpyness, depression. All gone.

I really started feeling good. Got a gym membership and started using a barbell. Gained 15 pounds of muscle. Joined a social road bike club and started biking. I thought my running days were long gone but discovered I could run again. So I alternated running and biking.

Then my sister challenged me to a triathlon. I figured I would do one just so she would quit hazing me about it. We both took second place in our age group and I had so much fun doing it that I just kept it up.

Life has just been so much more enjoyable after geting healthy. But the one down side to all this is summed up in a quote from Redd Fox.

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing."
Redd Foxx

Great post, thanks.

I find it interesting that in a thread called "Hunters Physical Shape" that there are some calling out the "Hunters that are in shape."

I really couldn't care any less how miserable they are flying in small seats, sleeping in small, hard uncomfortable beds or whatever. I am comfortable with me.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muletrain:

Redd Foxx

Muletrain,

NOW I dig the tone of that post !

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have exercised most of my life, more than most. In 2006, I had an injury and was sent to physical therapy. Now that was an eye-opening experience.

I spoke with the young lady who was working with me one day. I observed the average age of the people getting help was about 70. She agreed. I observed that most were very weak and/or could hardly move. I asked the reason. Were they injured? Has they never exercised and gotten past the point of no return? She said most had never exercised a day in their life until things had gotten so bad that they would pay for it the rest of their lives.

That has stuck with me. If you had seen these people, you would be very motivated to never let this happen to you. These people live in misery.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I decided to get in better shape back in 2015 was my wife. In 2012, she announced that she was going to train for a Triathlon. This from a woman who has never competed in athletics at ANY level, and is over 60 years old. I think a major reason she did this is because of our three grandchildren who are all phenomenal multiple sport athletes. Our granddaughter Maddie is the top athlete in her school in three sports: basketball, volleyball and Cross Country. Her younger brothers are the top athletes in their respective grades in FOUR sports: basketball, baseball, football and Cross Country. I think she wanted to show them what their Grandma could do. She went on to complete Triathlons in 2012, 2013 and 2015. She finally had to quit triathlons this year because of hip replacement surgery. The grandkids were suitably impressed with her performance.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote