Notify
Tools

Hunters physical shape
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:Your self guided Cameroon hunt...no thanks, I don't really desire that either.

Not Cameroon, even worse, The Republic of Congo Eeker

And quit talking about the trophies, it reminds me of a couple of buffalo skulls I left behind that I wish I had now....

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a new client who is new to big game hunting. the guy is in his 50's. He wants to embark on an itinerary giving him most of the more common large or DG species. He's booked on a great safari for '18 but is talking brown bear and moose down the road. My advise to him was to do the NA stuff next. Old and out of shape guys can do a lot in Africa. NA not so much.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by Muletrain:

This is a very recent photo. I am a 63 year old triathlete. That's an Ironman tat on my calf.
Walking with a rifle is child's play.
It's apalling how fat and out of shape most American men are.

Signing the log at the top of Guadalupe Peak.

"Who put the food in your mouth?"
Jack Lalane

Hahahaha!

Muletrain, very impressive, I for one know and understand the discipline and principles required to even get to the start of an Ironman. I cant run well and not a strong swimmer. I stick to the bike.

Your comments ring true!

Steve

Any day you wake looking down at the grass instead of up is a good day. Good on you Muletrain. Joyce and I are also 63 and enjoy the challenge of Crossfit as our fitness regimen. It's rewarding doing the same workout as 20 and 30 year olds (intensity and speed adjusted) and having them tell you they want to be like you when they grow up. Doing Crossfit enables us to still do mountain hunts. It's about embracing the suck as you well know as a triathlete.

I'm also positive that being in Crossfit shape had a lot to do with Joyce kicking cancer's ass.

Jim

Hi Jim,

You, Joyce, Muletrain, AAZ and others whom put in the work understand that the only person stopping you from being fit, is you.

I'm not talking about Ironman fitness, just being fit enough to enjoy a 14 day Buffalo hunt.

See you two in Brazil soon!!

BTW, I just bought a new Shimano Stradic 2500. My old one just gave up. Its been to Brazil 10-12 times and I shudder to think the amount of casts and fish this thing has preformed.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve:

How right you are. Anyone who does IM is a stud IMO; like you said, you can be good at one thing, maybe two, but being good at three is damn hard. I am a good runner for my age, do ok on my bike (crashed hard a few years ago however) but totally suck, suck, suck at swimming. Ms AZW used to do triathlons but nowadays she pretty much just swims and rides her bike (she kicks my ass on a bike unless we are going downhill - she crushes me uphill).

I will say this about a bike: if you have a mountain hunt coming up, riding a bike uphill is excellent practice. Even better is going uphill/downhill on a unicycle.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Anyone who is interested in getting in shape for their next hunt I have three new Ranger Stations and two bush camps being built and a little over 95K of patrol road to cut and clear. It was a comfortable 101 in Kamanjab Namibia yesterday.

Was in your area 3 weeks ago. Great Hunt.

And yes I walk very fast, just can't do the jarring of jogging- my titties get in the way.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1439 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is a very recent photo. I am a 63 year old triathlete. That's an Ironman tat on my calf.

Jack Lalane

Hahahaha!

Muletrain, very impressive, I for one know and understand the discipline and principles required to even get to the start of an Ironman. I cant run well and not a strong swimmer. I stick to the bike.

Your comments ring true!

Steve

Any day you wake looking down at the grass instead of up is a good day. Good on you Muletrain. Joyce and I are also 63 and enjoy the challenge of Crossfit as our fitness regimen. It's rewarding doing the same workout as 20 and 30 year olds (intensity and speed adjusted) and having them tell you they want to be like you when they grow up. Doing Crossfit enables us to still do mountain hunts. It's about embracing the suck as you well know as a triathlete.

I'm also positive that being in Crossfit shape had a lot to do with Joyce kicking cancer's ass.

Jim

My hat is off to you mature crossfitters! There is a reason it is growing so fast as an exercise regimen. It will either kill you or make you stronger beer

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Steve:

How right you are. Anyone who does IM is a stud IMO; like you said, you can be good at one thing, maybe two, but being good at three is damn hard. I am a good runner for my age, do ok on my bike (crashed hard a few years ago however) but totally suck, suck, suck at swimming. Ms AZW used to do triathlons but nowadays she pretty much just swims and rides her bike (she kicks my ass on a bike unless we are going downhill - she crushes me uphill).

I will say this about a bike: if you have a mountain hunt coming up, riding a bike uphill is excellent practice. Even better is going uphill/downhill on a unicycle.

LOL. Everybody says the swimming is the hardest. And they are usually right. Except for people who are swimmers and later become a triathlete. Never get in front of a swimmer at a triathlon swim start. They will swim over you. It is best to wait and then pass them on the bike.

If I was restricted to just one part of the sport it would be biking. Especially mountain biking. MTB is one hell of a workout.

Elephant Hunter,
NRA Lifetime Member,

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jack Lalane

Hahahaha!

Your comments ring true!

Steve

Jim

My hat is off to you mature crossfitters! There is a reason it is growing so fast as an exercise regimen. It will either kill you or make you stronger beer

I have experienced many exercise disciplines in my 63 years. Track and field and tennis in high school. I did Gung-fu in the 70's, while still running distance. A bit of weight lifting but inconsistent. Road raced bicycles Cat II in the 80's. Didn't start Crossfit until age 59. We still "scale" some of the complex gymnastic movements but usually get four days a week in. More than that is too tough for us. You need recovery time. We generally hike on the active rest days.

Comparing all those different exercises I can honestly say Crossfit is the most rounded and you just can not adapt to it so you always grow.

We love it.

Here is an Article I wrote when we were first starting out and fully drinking the crossfit koolaid.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7621 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I for one try to be as honest as possible about my condition. I figure it gives a outfitter time to come up with a plan that will work with me. Despite three knee dislocations (once in Ranger School) my knees are relatively fine. I inured my left arm and hip in horse accidents. I also have an injured plannar facia. Running distance is out for me but I do still walk. Take boys hiking and on multi day backpacking trips in the mountains. Sitting on the ground hurts after 30 minutes unless I can get my legs lower than my hips. Could I be in better shape? Yes. Do these limitations affect my chances? Yes, but I am okay with that. I am still above ground. I have to work with what I have.

Posts: 130 | Location: Ozarks | Registered: 04 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm just not sure all that fitness is good for a person.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been doing cross fit for going on 9 years. It keeps me in shape for doing everything in life that I like to do. I am always very honest with my PH's or guides. If you want to keep up with me you'd better be on your game. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marty:
I'm just not sure all that fitness is good for a person.

I highly recommend Cuban cigars and single barrel Bourbon for your ailments.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1439 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
PH - What do you want to do after the hunt this time? Bird hunting? Fishing? Hookers and booze?

Me - Go on a 10 mile hike.

PH - No. Seriously. What do you want to do?

Me - Seriously. Go on a 10 mile hike.

PH - We don't do that here. Nobody hikes for fun. Only during military service.

Me - Bullshit. Call that sporting goods store in Santon and ask if they know a hiking guide.

Next day we went on a 10 mile hike in a "private game preserve". He was not very happy. Then the older hippie lady who owns the place asked on the down low if he could bring a few hunters in to take off some excess game and generate some revenue. But it had to be on the QT because of PETA. LOL. That was a fun trip.

Elephant Hunter,
NRA Lifetime Member,

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Im suffering in the mountains. Short legs and heavy - I squat quite a bit over 500pounds but I would rather be way lighter...but some cursing and never give up attitude can go a long way lol.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
I've been doing cross fit for going on 9 years. It keeps me in shape for doing everything in life that I like to do.

Like blocking punches with your face? sofa

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Damn, after all these testimonies, I feel so inadequate. I think I will go drown my sorrows with a few adult beverages.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13386 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Damn, after all these testimonies, I feel so inadequate. I think I will go drown my sorrows with a few adult beverages.

And then shoot some armadillos. Cool

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Now that's a great idea. But I don't think I should be shooting after a few drinks! The little bastards are at least staying out of my yard lately.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
First time I went on safari was to Zimbabwe, at Rosslyn Safaris.

A few days into our hunt, an American gentleman and his wife arrived to hunt.

The poor man was in such a terrible shape, I wonder why he even bothered to go.

They had a swimming pool in the camp.

He had to stop and rest while walking to the pool!!??

A few days later, he passed away in camp, after he had managed to shoot a sable.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68597 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
I've been doing cross fit for going on 9 years. It keeps me in shape for doing everything in life that I like to do.

Like blocking punches with your face? sofa

My defensive game is solid. Once they get tired and their hands start to hurt, that's when I move in for the finish! Wink

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
Im suffering in the mountains. Short legs and heavy - I squat quite a bit over 500pounds but I would rather be way lighter...but some cursing and never give up attitude can go a long way lol.

I squat when I go to the bathroom out in the bush but it's not 500 lbs.

I used to do all kinds of athletic things and all it got me was eight knee operations. It's easier for me to just walk a lot (when it's not 114 degrees here).

On the first day of my last hunt my PH took me on a 10 kilometer side hill hike looking for bushbuck. I think it was Ian's way of checking if the old man he was leading around could hang in there.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12684 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
All this chat about physical shape. Here is a pic of me and my lion. Yes, I shot him from the truck but I did walk from the truck to the lion for the photo AND I also walked from my tent to the truck. Lighten up, fellas.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
All this chat about physical shape. Here is a pic of me and my lion. Yes, I shot him from the truck but I did walk from the truck to the lion for the photo AND I also walked from my tent to the truck. Lighten up, fellas.
Cal

Good evening Cal,

Nice photo of you and your lady friend. You're looking well and I think you may have even lost some weight?

Oh...your rifle appears to be missing one barrel.

Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Cal

Good evening Cal,

Nice photo of you and your lady friend. You're looking well and I think you may have even lost some weight?

Oh...your rifle appears to be missing one barrel.

Cool

Cal

It looks as though you've lost some weight! Keep up the good work and we are all so proud of you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A never say quit attitude can take you far. It is far better to keep moving at a steady pace than push it and need to take long breaks. If you stay in the game mentally you can often push your body farther. At Air Assault school on the 12 mile road march a Ranger NCO and I were way out front. Passing through a boulder field I dislocated my knee. He thought I was done. I told him to grab my ankle and pull while I pulled the other way using a boulder. We reset my knee, I wrapped it up best I could and he helped me to my feet and with my pack. I finished the road march. He finished first and I finished second just a few minutes behind him. Three weeks later I was at Airborne school. Finished that too. Desire and grit will take you far. Well that and lots of Motrin.

Posts: 130 | Location: Ozarks | Registered: 04 August 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
by Muletrain Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:

Muletrain, you are in fine shape that is sure! I hope that is still the same when you pass the age of 80 yrs. I am 5'9" and weigh 190 pounds soaking wet, but at age 63 I still only weighed 180 pounds.

Today at 80+ I can walk all day in rough country if I go at my pace. I don't find that a hindrance when on a buffalo track. However a 30 yr old PH who wants to show me how fast he can walk will find.in short order,that I do not want to have a heart attack trying to keep up with him. I'm there to have fun not to prove that I am in the same shape I was at 30 yrs old,or even at 63 yrs old!

................................................................... old faint

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

Steve, you are in fine shape that is sure! I hope that is still the same when you pass the age of 80 yrs. I am 5'9" and weigh 190 pounds soaking wet, but at age 63 I still only weighed 180 pounds.

Today at 80+ I can walk all day in rough country if I go at my pace. I don't find that a hindrance when on a buffalo track. However a 30 yr old PH who wants to show me how fast he can walk will find.in short order,that I do not want to have a heart attack trying to keep up with him. I'm there to have fun not to prove that I am in the same shape I was at 30 yrs old,or even at 63 yrs old!

Mornin' Mac,

That was actually me quoting Muletrain. I'm a mere youngster at 56. Don't put undeserved years upon me... Smiler

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Muletrain

Muletrain, you are in fine shape that is sure! I hope that is still the same when you pass the age of 80 yrs. I am 5'9" and weigh 190 pounds soaking wet, but at age 63 I still only weighed 180 pounds.

Mornin' Mac,

That was actually me quoting Muletrain. I'm a mere youngster at 56. Don't put undeserved years upon me... Smiler

............ Big Grin Sorry about that! You know how the mind works once you are in your 80s!
............. What were we taking about? I forgot!
........................................................................ Confused old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Steve, you are in fine shape that is sure! I hope that is still the same when you pass the age of 80 yrs. I am 5'9" and weigh 190 pounds soaking wet, but at age 63 I still only weighed 180 pounds.

Mornin' Mac,

But that Arizona sun weathers a guy.......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mornin' Mac,

But that Arizona sun weathers a guy.......

It sure does, I'm in a race to the end with basil cell carcinoma. I get stuff burned off me twice a year. Racing to the end before one comes back melanoma.

Being a kid, and even a young adult here, we never wore shirts, there was no awareness as to the dangers the sun presents. The "Bronzed Greek God" look was all we cared about.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skin cancer of the basil cell carcinoma version sucks and most of us outdoor types either have it or will have it if we live long enough.

Keep fighting and stay vigilant. A friend died a few years back from melanoma hiding in his scalp under his hair and was discovered too late.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Skin cancer of the basil cell carcinoma version sucks and most of us outdoor types either have it or will have it if we live long enough.

Keep fighting and stay vigilant. A friend died a few years back from melanoma hiding in his scalp under his hair and was discovered too late.

And get annual eye exams. It can even "hide" on your retina.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
One of my toughest hunts was for Buffalo in Dande North with John Sharp. IT WAS NOT FLAT. I don't know most of you, but I'm 63 years old (this past Frida) and I'll go out on a limb and say I can keep up with just about any PH out there. Elk, not so much, then again I'm a "flatlander" and my guide was 25 years old and a mountain climber. A man just needs to know his limitations.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saw the dermatologist last week for my 6 month visit. He burned 4 lesions and thoroughly checked my scalp. So far he has cut out four basal and one squamous cell cancers and burned multiple others. It pays to be vigilant. I am going on a dove shoot in an hour and lathered on the sun screen. After prostate cancer and non Hodgkin lymphoma the last thing I need is melanoma

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Saw the dermatologist last week for my 6 month visit. He burned 4 lesions and thoroughly checked my scalp. So far he has cut out four basal and one squamous cell cancers and burned multiple others. It pays to be vigilant. I am going on a dove shoot in an hour and lathered on the sun screen. After prostate cancer and non Hodgkin lymphoma the last thing I need is melanoma

Be sure to bring some 50 or so sun block (waterproof) to Brazil. The sun there is really intense, even though it may not feel hot. Waterproof because when you go swimming with the Piranhas, you'd otherwise need to re-apply... Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Be sure to bring some 50 or so sun block (waterproof) to Brazil. The sun there is really intense, even though it may not feel hot. Waterproof because when you go swimming with the Piranhas, you'd otherwise need to re-apply... Cool

I would take a slightly different approach. Cover yourself head to toe - did it for a 3 day offshore trip and liked it. In Brazil i fished in shorts and liked it but going forward I am fully covering myself.

Also apply as much sunscreen as a backup.

You guys should also look at the crocs swift water sandels - there are perfect for Brazil.

http://www.crocs.com/p/crocs-m...lection-mens&cid=070

I bought the camo ones for $20 at academy.

Have fun in Brazil - will be a blast.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike is correct. I leave only the small gap from ears, nose, eyes exposed and really keep them protected. I stopped fishing in short pants several trips ago. I put them on at night.

Bring some buffs to cover you ears and nose at midday. I'd post some pics but...well, you know.

I even fish in a closed toe shoe, your ankles get killed if left open as well.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
If you want to see fat people go to a Wall Mart. People have no shame. They are so damn fat that they ride around in an electric cart. Many work the system so that Uncle Sam pays for their honey buns.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I turn 60 this coming January and weigh the same as I did when I graduated from High School. I am unable to run because of bad knees. BUT I hike all the time. This is a recent pic with my Granddaughters taken while Hiking. I leave for Kyrgyzstan in two weeks. Smiler

Posts: 2642 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
I turn 60 this coming January and weigh the same as I did when I graduated from High School.

That's funny. I turn 60 in March and I weigh exactly the same as when I weighed in at the MEPS center the day that I joined the Navy when I was 19.

Of course, I went way above that in between then and now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12684 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote