Tools

UNCHARTED TV SERIES
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Sad the things we can find to bitch about

I like his shows......simple as that

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
plus 1!!

quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
[QUOTE]
I am getting really tired of wives and children of media personalities. Shockey is good, but his shows go downhill when he shows his father, wife, and daughter. What is this, Family Affair?

Yes!

And as a father of 3 daughters, the last thing I would ever do would be to allow them or help them to become TV personalities based with me.

The sad part is there are so many. Eastmans, Boddingtons, Real Tree, Shockeys, you name it!

Kind of overwhelming.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just met someone who has intimate knowledge of the show. This person had some interesting comments. Some of them are as follows:

1- Shockey spends (as I recall) about 310 days away from home annually . Of those days , approximately 280 are hunting .

2- Corey in fact did not sign up for season 2.

3-there was an ego war between Jim and Corey over who would be on screen the most.

I have no idea if any of this is true.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Corey and Jim parted as friends.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No one said they didn't .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
[QUOTE]
I am getting really tired of wives and children of media personalities. Shockey is good, but his shows go downhill when he shows his father, wife, and daughter. What is this, Family Affair?

Yes!

And as a father of 3 daughters, the last thing I would ever do would be to allow them or help them to become TV personalities based with me.

The sad part is there are so many. Eastmans, Boddingtons, Real Tree, Shockeys, you name it!

Kind of overwhelming.

Hey my daughter works for my software company. Nothing against him hiring his daughter but as i have said a million times i much prefer normal hunters. Would love to watch Larry Shores and other AR members.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
[QUOTE]

Yes!

Kind of overwhelming.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I don't see how someone can make a blanket statement like that. If you see this as a business, which it is, there are countless examples of successful family businesses. The business is entertainment. If you don't like it or you feel "overwhelmed" as you said, sitting on your couch watching TV, then simply change the channel or go out to the shed and load some ammo.

The comments on this thread are getting a little ridiculous. Time for me to change the channel on this one too...

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Good for Jim.
I spend 200 plus days on the road working and wish I could spend it all on hunting.
Proper way to spend our lives as hunters. Hunt till you drop :-)
I think most of the shows are great even whiteys and turkeys shows, just when you include unnecessary drama, it takes away from the show itself, unless it is actual movie, then drama is a must...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Good for Jim.
I spend 200 plus days on the road working and wish I could spend it all on hunting.
I think most of the shows are great even whiteys and turkeys shows, just when you include unnecessary drama, it takes away from the show itself, unless it is actual movie, then drama is a must...

Good for him is right; there is no way i would spend that much time hunting. I have too many other interests, including long range shooting. Take that away from me and I would get really ugly...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Ok, I just saw TAA with Ivan hunting Marco Polo. I heard some drama about the locale. Both are great shows and I'll continue to watch them.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Good for Jim.

Good for him is right; there is no way i would spend that much time hunting. I have too many other interests, including long range shooting. Take that away from me and I would get really ugly...

I am either thinking about hunting/shooting or hunting/shooting. Anything else is not really that interesting.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy watching Larry Shores videos as well. He graciously provides them and I watch them.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I just watched the muskox episode. Honestly, that is as good as a hunting show on television can get. Very well done and truly uncharted. Great episode.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Met the man in the Vancouver airport. He was on the phone and busy, actually both heading off in different planes, soon. Still he excused his caller and greeted me. Classy guy.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Can anyone say how many episodes of uncharted been on TV yet ?

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:

Anton,

My guess is about 6

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:

Anton,

My guess is about 6

Cheers
Jim

Then someone must be leaking because 10 episodes are out on the net.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, there were:

3 from Papua New Guinea

2 from BC

2 from Pakistan

1 from northern Canada

2 on ibex/sheep from one of the "stan" countries.

Some were better than others IMO. of course the same could be said about any show.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:

Anton,

My guess is about 6

Cheers
Jim

Then someone must be leaking because 10 episodes are out on the net.

Where are you getting it online? I could watch it if I was back in the states but obviously they aren't playing it on African television. Streaming it online would be great.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger, will check it out. Thanks

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:

You know...perhaps the show is not meant to necessarily appeal to “us”, but a new audience of viewers who routinely tune into the other reality shows on TV and YouTube????? That would be ok, wouldn’t it? I'd be interested in their ratings and demographics.

I think its jackpot with them, just looking at twitter/facebook etc its seem they all LOVE it! Hell even Shockeys daughter have 600 000 followers on FB (compare that with CB´s 7000).

After watching all episodes that are out now what I like is the destinations, filming, Shockey. What I don't like, the danger factor to everything.
I think that they have gotten the sponsor plugs TC, havalon etc in the filming so it don't bother me. (The turkey cutting got me actually to laugh Big Grin)

What I would like to see are more prep before a hunt, what is the basic stuff needed to enjoy the hunt more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
quote:

Met the man in the Vancouver airport. He was on the phone and busy, actually both heading off in different planes, soon. Still he excused his caller and greeted me. Classy guy.
that is the way he is.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gentleman,

REALLY: all this fanfare about a TV show.

Forget this showmanship...this is made for TV and these guys get paid to say and do this show.

Get-on-with-it; life is too short to worry about Jim & Corey.

Just my 2 cents- I got other things to think about,

tidbit

Always do right: this will amaze some and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain