Notify
Tools

UNCHARTED TV SERIES
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
And while I am on a roll…… LOL

What I really enjoy are the videos from real hunts that are not edited a great deal and portray the day to day things………… like the stuff produced by our host. Ass kissing aside, it is enjoyable to watch. No bullshit and remakes….. just pleasing to eye and ear. My wife loves them, she says "They are boring in a pleasant way, with periodic excitement, that prevents you from shutting it off."

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Shockey has become his own best customer. The show is too corny for me.

Life Member- NRA & SCI

Posts: 228 | Location: Albany, NY | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Interesting ,a nice show ....

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skyline, you've opened a whole other can of worms. And I agree with you wholeheartedly about the poser or pay to play type of guys.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to say that while I like the show I an a bit disappointed in some respects. I thought this was going to be hunts in some really out of the way places that were really different.

Well, imagine my surprise at learning that BC is "uncharted". Now, I see there is "uncharted" in Texas.

Corey's beat up old Nosler hats annoy me. He has the money to wear a hat that doesn't look like it was drug 100 miles behind a truck.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
The only thing "uncharted" is Corey's checkbook.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed when Corey almost called his piece of crap TC a piece of shit TC.

Who knew that the go to gun for Asian sheep hunts was the TC bolt gun? Not me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
anyone been having trouble with not the show not recording? first episodes recorded fine, then two of the last 3 episodes didn't record. I'm on uverse.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I generally like the show. . . but agree with others, the over the top dramatics get old. If every show were like the Nepal show that Shockey did, it would be awesome.

I also vividly remember Shockey's Ethiopia show where the angry looking kid with the AK was following the Rover. . . THAT looked dangerous, but I don't remember Shockey making a huge deal out of it

Drop the theatrics, keep the shows off the North American continent, and it would be a LOT better

And don't ask the native hunters if they feel bad for killing a cuscus for meat Roll Eyes Their only feeling was a full belly. That was not only over-dramatic, but full of hypocrisy as well. Hypocrisy is 100 times worse to me than over-dramatic

Bake

Posts: 113 | Location: Hills of SW MO | Registered: 04 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should add about the cuscus portion. . .

I see zero difference between swiftly killing a cuscus with a panga, and bludgeoning a fattened steer in a slaughter house

And I love a good ribeye Cool

Posts: 113 | Location: Hills of SW MO | Registered: 04 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wanna marry his daughter!!!!

Cool

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine told me it was a great program so I watched last Sunday.

As others have said the drama queen b.s. was very tiresome. Scenery was nice though.

Overall, it was really boring though and I really got sick of the whining and the "I miss my wife" crap.

Doubtful I will be watching it again.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Somebody talk Saeed into producing a show starring Walter.

Breaking Wind....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
What's with all the drama QUEEN comments? I have yet to see a lady in any of the episodes so far. I was raised to believe a QUEEN was always a female??? Confused Are some suggesting that Cory is not a male?

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That last episode, I was ready to cry... Because I actually watched it
Soap opera comes to my mind?
Nuts

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

quote:
Originally posted by Antlers:
For the record I have no problem with Corey praying or giving thanks to his God.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
do you think Corey will be doing his Rhino hunt on this show?

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just saw the new Pakistam / Texas episode. Awesome Blanford Urial!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish they would edit out asking the cameraman if he is ready .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I skipped ahead during some of the interminable introspection. I am all for new, remote places, local color, etc. But the signal to noise ratio is a bit off.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
as the father to two young (7 & 3) kids, I can sympathize with Corey being hesitant to hunt Pakistan after very recent killings. It's an aspect of international hunting I'd never considered before and thought it was a bit 'uncharted' in the industry. I liked the show!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am surprised the latest show hasn't brought more bashers, but that said I really like the show. It reminded me of an Elk hunt I did in Montana with a good friend who had left his young kids at home with his wife and sat one night in camp and cried because he missed his family, that showed how much of a man he was and he gained greater respect in my mind. Oh yea that was 24 yrs ago. He is still my best friend.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
I am surprised the latest show hasn't brought more bashers, but that said I really like the show. It reminded me of an Elk hunt I did in Montana with a good friend who had left his young kids at home with his wife and sat one night in camp and cried because he missed his family, that showed how much of a man he was and he gained greater respect in my mind. Oh yea that was 24 yrs ago. He is still my best friend.

I am so glad during my time in the US Army I wasn't surrounded by guys like your friend.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 Larry

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
The latest show with Cory staying in Texas because of family concerns and Jim going alone to Pakistan was outstanding in my opinion. tu2 Did I see things, or is Eva engaged? Looked to me like she was flashing an engagement ring on one of the takes to this show. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did I see things, or is Eva engaged? Looked to me like she was flashing an engagement ring on one of the takes to this show.

On one of Jim's other shows (Ethiopia maybe?) he told her to get her husband to take her like he took his wife. He then mentioned that she had become engaged.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching the mule deer episode. If they are not careful the show is going to get picked up by the Hallmark channel.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with critique of any of these shows
It's like any business, you have to satisfy customer with best product possible in tough completion.
Isn't it what free, capitalistic/free market society is all about?
Let me tell you what it would be like in Commie country:
One TV channel, one hunting show whose producer is related to some high up political commissar /comrade and paying him nice little fee...
Competition might end up in gutter somewhere
Trust me on that one LADIES
I lived it

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I generally like all of Shockey's shows. Most of them are a welcome relief from all of the treestand whitetail and black bear shows.

I have the Uncharted series set on record, and I think that I've seen all of them.

I agree with what others here have stated:

Like Corey's almost constant wining about how steep or dangerous the hunt is. One or two comments would be fine, I don't need to be repeatedly told how bad it is.

Also, Corey's phone calls to his family on almost every show where he almost cries, telling them how much he misses them and wishes that he was home with them. Maybe Corey should hunt closer to home, or just make it a half hour show and edit out his "missing his family phone calls."

Again, the show segment on the killing of the cuscus was total hypocritical melodrama. Shockey has killed plenty of small critters on his shows which was OK because he did the killing and they were on his "trophy list", but when the natives killed a small critter to eat,it was so sad.

At least Jim and Corey don't jump up and down screaming and high fiving like teenage girls every time they kill an animal.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Corey is a PITA. I don't care who prays nor to what or whom, but I don't watch a hunting show to see/listen to someone verbalizing his beliefs about a superior being. He'd be a PITA even without expressing his beliefs on the show.

As someone else said, he's a real drama queen.

+1

Political and religious opinions don't belong on hunting shows and should be like genitals: enjoy them, be proud of them, but please keep them to yourself.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have watched a couple shows. I now run past the boring bits and have started to turn the sound off.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but that Corey's high maintenance, sniveling about his homesickness and bible bashing just makes me wish they would replace him. Am I the only one wondering if his mother had any boys?

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Corey is a PITA. I don't care who prays nor to what or whom, but I don't watch a hunting show to see/listen to someone verbalizing his beliefs about a superior being. He'd be a PITA even without expressing his beliefs on the show.

As someone else said, he's a real drama queen.

+1

Political and religious opinions don't belong on hunting shows and should be like genitals: enjoy them, be proud of them, but please keep them to yourself.

Great Quote Kim. rotflmo

I really believe the whole of the issue is, hunting is not a spectator sport. I would liken it to watching golf or fishing. Both are honorable, legit, pastimes but don't lend themselves well to being watched.

Cycling is the same way, some of you know, I am a competitive cyclist. I used to feel it was my duty to watch the Tour de France. I can't get myself to sit and watch somebody else ride bikes.

We (in the African forum) long to return to our passion, more often than our time and budgets allow. We try to "hold ourselves over" with a television fix till our next return.

For most of us, it just doesn't do it for us. I can't watch Jim Shockey hunt or Andy Schleck ride bikes.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3558 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Have watched Shockey Uncharted 2 times because I heard it was good. Cameramen are. Watched Ivan Carter maybe 3 times. Not really for me, as Steve said. I think that's all I've watched in 10 years. Not really a spectator. Don't feel I'm missing anything.

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I once watched these shows, as my provider offered the channels on the normal subscriber rate. I got frustrated one night because I had 700 channels of crap, but Outdoor, Sportsman, Military were "premium."

I knew it was futile, but I told the CSR on the phone I'd make them a hell of an offer. The offer was my local channels, the above-mentioned, History, Fox News, and major sports networks. They could have the rest. It was TWC. As I said, futile, but I had to get it off my chest.

I did get "Under Wild Skies" and Jeff Rann's show on NBC Sports, but I think the libs booted them.

I learned a lot from the shows and lived vicariously through the adventures.

I have no use for most NA hunting shows. Sone of the mountain hunts are great, but the upland bird, turkey, and whitetail hunts were horrible. Upland bird hunting was once my passion, but wild birds are few and far between. The shows were definitely kick and shoot, which I've done, but I don't want to see the idiots act like they easily got their limit.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
So what I'm getting is that some of you like it and some of you hate it while others kind'a like it and others kind'a don't.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Bingo
You're very smart

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
In case you all do not have an accurate idea of my mindset…………..

Eva married or engaged? Who gives a shit? Beautiful young lady, but for god sakes who cares? I sure as hell don't. Hope she has a great life and does whatever…………….. but the TV hunting shows are about 97.5 percent lame.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Just finished watching the mule deer episode. If they are not careful the show is going to get picked up by the Hallmark channel.

rotflmo

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
In case you all do not have an accurate idea of my mindset…………..

Eva married or engaged? Who gives a shit? Beautiful young lady, but for god sakes who cares? I sure as hell don't. Hope she has a great life and does whatever…………….. but the TV hunting shows are about 97.5 percent lame.

I am getting really tired of wives and children of media personalities. Shockey is good, but his shows go downhill when he shows his father, wife, and daughter. What is this, Family Affair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihKT9Qpu0Ss

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
More like leave it to a beaver?
Hunting show about beaver hunting, there is a novelty

“ Hávamál”