THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    FREE 21 DAY SAFARI WITH ME AND SAEED!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FREE 21 DAY SAFARI WITH ME AND SAEED!
 Login/Join

posted
Saeed posted pictures of his bullets.

Saeed's bullets

First person who tells me what animals each bullet has killed will get a free safari with me and Saeed.
I am offering this safari myself, Saeed does not know yet! Ha ha ha ha.

He is in the next room adjusting his brand new air rifle. He wants to go out in the garden and shoot some of the gazzilion green iguanas living in the trees above the crocodiles.

And to help you start off, all the solids have killed elephants. Some with tusks and some without tusks, but all without balls.

Nudity --- the best form of birth control after 50!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good one Walter Big Grin think I would have a better chance guessing what they have not shot yet tu2

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
I have a better chance picking the correct Lotto numbers Big Grin

Quite an impressive collection.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not fair Walter you turned the bullets so we can not read what animals they killed. It looks like some are labeled Big Grin.
my guess it mickey mouse was killed with the third bullet on the left of the bullets on the the right one bullet down and five bullets sideways of the almost center. jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
What are the circular bone-like things next to the "floating bones"?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
What are the circular bone-like things next to the "floating bones"?

Steve,

They look to be slightly unfinished bangles made from the subcutaneous layer of (probably) either hippo or elephant skin.

Once they dry, they can be finished off with sandpaper and you can make a similar thing with the subcutaneous skin from the sole of an elephants foot but that dries more like bone or sinew.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Hippo on the left and elephant on the right.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The big tooth on the right is from a lion. The smaller round ones are from crocs.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Did I misunderstand the question?

If so, my apologies. homer

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve, that was what I wanted to know. Do they have any special name in Afrikaans or Swahili?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
The answer is...

Each one killed an African animal.

I win... Big Grin

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
If I win can I get a root canal instead?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
First place - a 21 day safari

Second place - a 30 day safari Big Grin

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Thanks, Steve, that was what I wanted to know. Do they have any special name in Afrikaans or Swahili?

Steve,

I've only ever heard them called bangles I'm afraid.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
The answer is...

Each one killed an African animal.

I win... Big Grin

how's about this answer,

each one killed a sub Saharan african animal

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
First person who tells me what animals each bullet has killed will get a free safari with me and Saeed.

So we at least know each bullet was used on an animal as apposed to a tree or termite mound. All bullets have killed the respective animal that is written on each bullet. The bullets that do not designate an animal lead us to the problem that it is possible that not every bullet killed an animal. Let us first eliminate the solids, "all the solids have killed elephants. Some with tusks and some without tusks, but all without balls." So every solid has killed a cow elephant. So that leaves us with the remaining bullets (disregarding any bullet that only wounded an animal). My answer then is this:

All the solids - cow elephants
The rest - animal that is not a cow elephant

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Whoever wins must take his own straight-jacket with. Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should video the shooting of the iguanas over the crocs. That would become an instant classic.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
All those bullets killed buffalo.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To further the guessing along, here's some more guesses from me. We know all the solids did in cow elephants. Most of the other bullets killed buffalo, as we know Saeed has shot several hundred or more. Certainly some hidden latent aggression there!

Having watched the hunt DVD's, we have all seen numerous topi, hartebeest, zebra, waterbuck, kudu, and warthogs fall victim. Probably a few eland shots there as well. Anything smaller than impala were pass-thrus so they aren't pictured. Are we getting closer?

Oh yeah, forgot to throw in hippo and croc also.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Time.

All the bullets were fired in the furtherance of killing some time.

And what a time!

Is there a second prize and if not can I have a signed baseball cap with a warthog tusk on either side please?

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Why not tell one of us what each shot so you can have the "joy" of watching Walter try and weasel out of this and make him pay for a 21 day hunt plus airfare, trophy fees, etc.

I'm sure it would make quite the video.... even without the hunt!

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walter, Every animal that those bullets went into were killed! HaHaHa!

Posts: 561 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Non ele's were buff.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post

Top to bottom; left to right.

Elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant,
Elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant, elephant.

Lion, hyena, eland, sable, hartebeest, waterbuck, waterbuck, duiker, reedbuck, impala, impala, zebra, warthog.

Wildebeest, duiker, hartebeest, warthog, impala, kudu, kudu, zebra, sitatunga, Cape buffalo, zebra, waterbuck.

Hyena, kudu, impala, hartebeest, hartebeest, waterbuck, bushbuck, bushpig, genet, kudu, leopard.

Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, lion, lion, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo.

Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, kudu, zebra, waterbuck, sable, eland, wildebeest.

Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, eland, zebra, zebra, bushbuck, steenbok, wildebeest, wildebeest, warthog.

Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, lion, lion, Cape buffalo, eland, Cape buffalo, kudu, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo.

Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, unfired, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, leopard, zebra, zebra, zebra, impala, hartebeest, hartebeest, wildebeest.

Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo, Cape buffalo.

Please PM me the dates. Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Oh for pity sakes, can't I just be chosen to go on the safari? I PROMISE I'll kill all of the animals on license that I shoot at and you can have ALL of the fired bullets for your collection.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
None! I win!!! When is the trip? PM me the details Smiler.
The bullets did not kill the animals it was the hunter!!!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27609 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The odds are probably better on the EuroMillion lottery than on this one. Walter's taking no risk.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Each bullet has killed one animal, which animal is the question, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Wink

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mickey Mouse is dead?

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
According to everything I've read on AR it looks like a bunch of bullets that failed. Sorry for your bad luck, Saeed.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote