Find
Notify
Tools

DSC : flu?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
Caught a proper case of influenza -- anyone else at Dallas catch it?

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Clara and I thought we had it but we both tested negative for flu and strep at the DR. He said we had an upper respiratory infection. I saw on the news that Texas had the highest rates of the flu so far this season.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
My wife and I got our flu shots back in Oct or Nov and all is well so far.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
My wife had flu the entire week of the DSC show. She took the flu shot but still got sick.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
I have ordinary respiratory challenges. THIS is a booger! Get well everyone. (Tamiflu, Z-pak and tylenol for me.)

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I'm good.
Think all the alcohol I consumed killed whatever was in me disease wise.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Think all the alcohol I consumed killed whatever was in me disease wise.

tu2 Me too! Preventative measures!

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
This the third day I haven't been to work. Three degrees of fever, mild upset stomach, head full of fluid and a productive cough... and sore like someone beat me with a 2x4.

Not fun.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not enough Scotch in your systems. I didn't catch anything. But then again, I never do.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
It hit me friday night after the dinner. I had the flu shot, but whatever got me had no fever, but congestion and a severly sore throat that I medicated with Crown Royal. I still have the cough and sore ribs to go with it!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me as well...I attribute it to sitting too close to LDK in the breakfast room at the Comfort! :-)

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is just starting hope its over in a week going for mountain lion the 24th
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, yours sounds like the terminal strain. Better work on getting your airfare refunded :-)

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
I was sick enough Friday and Saturday to have to leave the show and lay down for large portions of the day (fever, cough, aching). Sunday no fever, and just now getting over everything.

I was telling someone down there that if they would have had a booth that sold cold and flu medicine they could have made a fortune at that show.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fighting it right now myself, so far it's been mild

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Been fighting it for a while now. I know of two guys who have been sick 90 days! They happen to be the two toughest people I know!

Something nasty is going around Texas.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's Obamas fault!! dancing

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Clearly!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started comming down with it on Friday and fought it until after the show on Sunday when it really hit me, still pretty sick and now my wife has it...I blamed it on Cecil and Ernest

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2899 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saw one lady being carried out Saturday! Looked pretty bad so I went by the vodka stand and had two more shots!!

Keith

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got to Dallas to find my friend I was staying with was recovering from swine flu... so I was on red alert the whole time. So far so good but there are quite a few suffering down here at Houston SC.

Wendell - I told you you are sick!!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Woke up Thursday (first day of show) with chills, fever, headache, sore throat, and all that other horrible stuff. Slept most of Thursday and Friday. Made it to the show on Saturday afternoon, but only lasted about 2 hours before I started feeling crummy and had to head home to lay down. Came home and slept until about noon Sunday. From Monday on I've just had a runny nose and been caughing a lot, but nothing that has prevented me from going to work.

This is about the sickest I had felt since having Mono about 5 years ago. Certainly not how I wanted to spend the show.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm fine.....I got the flu shot. But a long-time couple at our banquet table got it and missed all three banquets. That's $700 down the tubes.....besides missing the exhibits altogether.

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. G.B. Shaw

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
By the time Dallas rolled around, I was on my second anti-biotic dose. We call it the crud; sinus congestion, dry cough that runs into upper chest congestion infection. Caught it two days after I returned from hunting sea ducks in Boston. I suspect it was the flight that introduced it. Two plus weeks later, I'm still coughing.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Added painkillers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a hell of a brown recluse spider bite two days prior to DSC and now have full blown flu, despite taking a flu shot three weeks before. Missed three days at work this week. Fell like hell still.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, you win!
I'll take the crud over a brown recluse bite anyday.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Damn it Dave, that little brown bastard is nothing to fool with. Where did you pick that up?

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Texas...great...I am flying to San Antonio on Monday as well as next Tuesday.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the wife and i got sick soon has we got home from the show

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i spent time around about 1/4 of the posters here at the show. i feel fine. obviously i drank enough scotch to ward off the evil humors jumping

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
i spent time around about 1/4 of the posters here at the show. i feel fine. obviously i drank enough scotch to ward off the evil humors jumping

No such thing as strong drink - it's all weak people. Wink

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It was all SCI's fault!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bunch of candy ass's whinning over a few sniffels and a cough man up drink more shine!!!! I'm fit as a fiddle back home in kenya Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a flu shot and still got it. Symptoms are just like the others.

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camdog:
Had a flu shot and still got it. Symptoms are just like the others.

Where you belong :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I just discovered the diagnosis!!!!! Hooker was here, and based on the "company" he keeps over there, I'm guessing we all have Swine Flu !!!! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, I just discovered the diagnosis!!!!! Hooker was here, and based on the "company" he keeps over there, I'm guessing we all have Swine Flu !!!! :-)

Beat me to it Biebs!

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a lot of AR members took a big hit with the flu at DSC!! Hope everyone gets well soon.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beat me to it Biebs!

Great minds think alike :-)