THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Elephant/Cape Buffalo cull hunt for sale in Zimbabwe
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant/Cape Buffalo cull hunt for sale in Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

The first thing you should do when you find yourself in a hole is stop digging. This is actually getting painful to read. I am starting to feel sorry for nasty old used car salesman self.

Do yourself a favor and just quit this before you make yourself look even more like an imbecile if that's even possible.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to an electronic copy of Endangered Species Deskbook

Seems pretty comprehensive and covers the Lacey Act, some prosecutions and results. Though I haven't read the entire document, Page 63 might shed a bit of light.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Ray,

The first thing you should do when you find yourself in a hole is stop digging. This is actually getting painful to read. I am starting to feel sorry for nasty old used car salesman self.

Do yourself a favor and just quit this before you make yourself look even more like an imbecile if that's even possible.
i really don't think it would be possible to look more like an imbecile than he already does. i can't imagine anyone with half a brain who reads this forum EVER booking a hunt with Ray.he has looked a little dim on a number of occasions in the past but this mess is the all time topper. Ray, do yourself a favor- grab a rope, saddle up and ride off into the sunset. retirement sounds nice to me.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13196 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Ray - Are you sober?? Is everything OK above the shoulders?? Not that I mean to be rude, but man please, stop while you're behind! Unfortunately you are so far out of touch with reality, that frankly its scary! Many of us in the same business work hard to gain knowledge and experience, and your lack of both is making it hard for the rest of the hunting community to trust agents, at all. Wendell has been trying to explain it to you, and for some reason, the facts seem to evade you? Man, its time to retire and call it good. Stay away from these guys, and stay away from offering hunts on AR, cause its just not doing you or the rest of us agents, any good.

Good luck, and I hope you get to feeling better.

Regards,

Ouch!!!!!! Aaron I'm hoping that wasn't your kid gloves version!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Again just relating some friendly advice/experience. When I was in high school playing football we would watch films saturday morning after the game. ANY mistake you made would be pointed out and you would be reemed. I tried to defend myself and soon found out it was a lost cause.........ironicly usually because I had in fact screwed up!!! I soon came up with the ultimate response. "Sorry I'm an idiot!" It seemed to work. Now days I've adapted it weather it's with a coworker, friend, business associate, other, or the farer sex. Now it's: I'm sorry. I was wrong. I know better, but I wasn't thinking at the time. I'm going to try to learn from this experience and do better in the future. You diserve better and I know I can do better." Just stick with that Ray and I'm sure you'll do well.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I were a betting man, there are four ways this will go.

1. He will come back with more bluster, BS and blaming others.
2. He will continue to try to shift to "getting to the bottom of this" and reporting violators nonsense.
3. He will come back and say he was totally wrong for posting this at all without having all the info & docs locked up tight beforehand and apologize to all those who questioned the legitimacy/legality of his offer.
4. He will ignore the post completely maybe stop posting at all on this site - for awhile anyway.

Any takers?

Maybe this should be done as a poll. Then he could get a visual graphic of how others see him and his offers here.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m3taco:
If I were a betting man, there are four ways this will go.

2. He will continue to try to shift to "getting to the bottom of this" and reporting violators nonsense.
3. He will come back and say he was totally wrong for posting this at all without having all the info & docs locked up tight beforehand and apologize to all those who questioned the legitimacy/legality of his offer.
4. He will ignore the post completely maybe stop posting at all on this site - for awhile anyway.

Any takers?

Maybe this should be done as a poll. Then he could get a visual graphic of how others see him and his offers here.

You forgot the lawyer Chester or whatever he was called. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:

You forgot the lawyer Chester or whatever he was called. Wink

Hummm...I did forget about him.....guess that could be included in #1.

I don't mean the guy any ill will. If you go back over a lot of his posts over the years he offers his views/opines on a lot of stuff. Makes a lot of claims that seem possible to a bit....fanciful.... to way out there. He probably has done a lot of "stuff" in his life - just hard to tell fact from....embellishment.
Since it's hard to tell how much of it is BS vs reality (a simple photo posted here, sent to somebody to post here or posted on his web site) a thinking person has to discount the reliably, voracity and credibility of everything he posts. The saddest thing is he expects people who only "know" him from his postings, to put down hard earned $$$ and possibly life and limb based solely on his word with only his previous posting history here.

Wish him well but....as in all things "caveat emptor".

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
as in all things "caveat emptor".

I would say this entire 4 pages of posts could be summed up in that statement.

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:

1. 80% chance
2. 10% chance
3. 0% chance
4. 10% chance

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The
*governor' is a) on the US banned list and b) offering hunts in the national park (Chizarira) not in the communal lands.....hokoyo!!!!!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed
How much more proof do you need after this thread that a new forum topic is needed.
BITCH AND KILL THE OUTFITTERS AND BOOKING AGENTS..
These topics have really been getting nasty and no longer informative. I guess on both sides its easy to hide behind the screen. Iam not for or against anybody here but honestly are most of these threads helpful.
Just my thoughts.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
Saeed
How much more proof do you need after this thread that a new forum topic is needed.
BITCH AND KILL THE OUTFITTERS AND BOOKING AGENTS..
These topics have really been getting nasty and no longer informative. I guess on both sides its easy to hide behind the screen. Iam not for or against anybody here but honestly are most of these threads helpful.
Just my thoughts.
Larry

Larry,

I think this forum IS serving its purpose very well.

There have been some great offers by outfitters, which some of our members have taken advantage of.

We have also had some questionable offers, and these have been called out as such.

Which has saved some members a disappointing trip to Africa.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67153 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed
I agree this forum is a help but when it gets to the point this topic is, it is just BASHING TO DEATH THE POSTER.
All Iam saying is carry the bitching to another topic on the forum and leave this topic for what is was intended. Make a comment and carry it to another main topic.
Thanks Saeed
Larry
Maybe we can get to Africa the same time you are there and share a hunt.

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

I agree and here is why. I don't think most people interested in an African safari (or any other county for that matter) are able to get to one of the "big shows" i.e. DSCI or SCI, and get a chance to meet either a PH or Outfitter face to face before they put their money on the line. PH's and Outfitters live and die by their reputations - passed along by word of mouth or now via electrons.

My personal opine (yes I know,everybody has one) these threads and postings within this forum and others serve a valuable purpose. For those interested in making a trip these threads allow the research and some "due diligence" into the reputation, business practices and character of those individuals we are putting either a once off trip of a lifetime, significant amounts of money as well as our personal and maybe family member or our treasured friends lives with.

It can be VERY telling and informative to see how a PH/Outfitter handles something that goes wrong - as well as how maybe someone who feels they have been burned by a PH/Outfitter handles an unsatisfactory situation.

Sure, an awful lot of these things end up in a lot of name calling, vitriol etc. But it is for everyone to see and allows them to decide for themselves who they decide to do business with or not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because of AR and the time I have spent learning about Africa hunting, I did not get taken in by this bogus hunt. I felt from the start that Ray was offering an illegal hunt and that it would end up like this.

If an agent or a ph or someone selling something in the classifieds posts a bogus item or something very badly flawed, he should and will take his lumps. Tough love will teach you to do your homework.

In the meantime, I hope Ray has learned something. He has made it a habit to threaten then look into his own mistakes in the past. Maybe an old dog will learn a lesson.

Posts: 10240 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
Saeed
I agree this forum is a help but when it gets to the point this topic is, it is just BASHING TO DEATH THE POSTER.
All Iam saying is carry the bitching to another topic on the forum and leave this topic for what is was intended. Make a comment and carry it to another main topic.
Thanks Saeed
Larry
Maybe we can get to Africa the same time you are there and share a hunt.

So I take it you are reading this thread under duress?

Otherwise, if it bothers you so much, any reasonable man would simply not open it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No not reading it under duress
Just reading it in amazement of how people bash others and do not confront the issues with a civil mind and tongue.
I just hope for the basher's the shoe is never on the other foot.
Just think over 2000 years ago they bashed and crucified the wrong guy.
Larry

One of Us
Picture of David_B
posted Hide Post
I agree with Larry on this one. This thread had the potential to be informative but it turned into what appears to be a personal battle between a couple guys who clearly do not like each other and would evidently prefer to air their dirty laundry in public than deal with their issues one on one. Then to make it worse many others piled on with a bunch of dribble that offered very little value, however there were a few posts sprinkled in that was worth reading but very few. I come here to stay informed about what is happening in the hunting world not listen to a bunch of personal feuds.

Posts: 62 | Location: VA | Registered: 04 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I agree. Too much is too much.

Ray, $35K is too much.

How about $3.5K?

Too much?

Give me a break!

This is the "Fractured Fairy Tales" of African hunting.

Thanks to Saeed for a little truth serum. tu2

Too bad sheephunter didn't get his dose before booking with Ray.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13434 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who were the other two outfitters/agents that offered this same hunt and did they continue to offer this hunt after details became available?

Posts: 397 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
Firstly I would like to refer everyone on this thread to the wisdom of Martin Peters who has basically wrapped this up nice and tight, and professionally…...Martin, thanks for jumping in on this one.
Secondly I want to acknowledge Mr. Russ Gould for his apology to me and I accept it and really glad he recognized the people he was dealing with for what they really are.
Thirdly thanks to all those who have supported me in this fracas, especially Wendell who keeps his teeth and claws sharpened for those he represents being client and outfitter, and not afraid to stand up for the truth, and is tenacious when anyone steps on our territory. Thanks Dude!
To Mr Atkinson.
Sir, Please be careful who you deal with in this business. If you deal in South Africa, you use South African outfitters, NOT Zimbabweans, and if you deal in Zimbabwe, use bonafide Zim operators, NOT South Africans. South African hunters are no more than observers in my camp, and yes they do book clients through me and attend their clients hunts and of course they get a commission as any booking agent. So as soon as you hear of a South African taking on “cull hunts”in Zimbabwe or anything else that is not sanctioned by a real safari operator in Zim then put up a red flag for yourself and do not go there, I don’t care if his name is Robbie Kruger, or Dawie Groenewald or Lawrence Botha, you are going to find yourself exposed to some below the belt deals, and I reckon you may want to be thankful that this one blew up in your face before you committed a client to it and then have to answer some uncomfortable questions when the proverbial - - - - hits the fan. There is too much to lose ...NOT worth it in the end.
I need to confirm my stand with you, and anyone else for that matter, that should I see someone advertising my area without my consent and using another operator, especially a South African, I WILL retaliate with all the legal force required, and use any means at my disposal to expose those involved and bring them down as hard as possible, and I doubt if any ethical, law abiding hunter would oppose me on that. You did just that,… we retaliated,… and happily it caused you to jump around and investigate your own hunt. It appears you found out that the hunt is actually NOT in Gokwe, so I would suggest that the person who told you it WAS in Gokwe has no clue about the country, the concessions and who’s toes he is tramping on and I would suggest you cut ties with him because the next move he makes may be worse for you.
While on this issue, I need to tell you that I can probably name a number of South Africans who have come into Zim and used their “power contacts” to rape our country of its wildlife and disregard any laws appertaining to the conservation of fauna and flora in this beautiful country of OURS,- NOT THEIRS! Check the other post about the SCI ‘’sweetheart” Dawie Groenewald, and his political contacts in Zim,- Veeery interesting!! I wonder how SCI feel that maybe some of the ‘big bucks’ he gave them is from good old rhino horn. They need to throw away the key!
We have just got news of some organized poaching in our area last night and my son is going up now to investigate the situation, may be the very one, - white pick up involved.
By the way this is my first post on AR…Im a new boy at this! Hope I did not offend anyone.
Cheers Dudley

Dudley Rogers
Tshabezi Safaris
Zimbabwe

Posts: 82 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome Dudley and thank you for the report.

Regards,

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David_B:
I agree with Larry on this one. This thread had the potential to be informative but it turned into what appears to be a personal battle between a couple guys who clearly do not like each other and would evidently prefer to air their dirty laundry in public than deal with their issues one on one. Then to make it worse many others piled on with a bunch of dribble that offered very little value, however there were a few posts sprinkled in that was worth reading but very few. I come here to stay informed about what is happening in the hunting world not listen to a bunch of personal feuds.

I don't know how it could get any more informative, see Dudley Rogers post above for one example. If you can't learn something from this thread then you don't need to be going to Africa.

Finally, and I repeat, if this or any thread so offends some poor readers sensibilities about what should or should not be said, then by all means, they should spare themselves the angst and don't open it again.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mabhinya:
...and I doubt if any ethical, law abiding hunter would oppose me on that.

Careful now...Before you start throwing around the ethics and moral card think hard on it, it could come back to bite you on the arse.

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will say that I have read every post on this thread, not because I like gossip or fights or any thing other than knowing the safari business/options better. I very much hope to hunt Africa some day. When and if I am able it will be a strain for me financially and there are SO MANY variables that I still feel uneducated after reading a plethora of posts here on AR. I don't even car which side is right or wrong on this one, I just am curious as the legality goes. As a hunt would be 50% of my GROSS annual salary I need to know as much as I can. I'm glad Saeed sees the value on this and chooses to leave it stand.

Thanks all of you that have posted information.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is also much that one can learn by reading...and seeing the whole picture- like the statement- 'I have contacted Sally Bown at ZPHGA' && it's all above board.' Pitty Sally hasn't been at work for two months now....Sally and ZPHGA have never been contacted on this by Ray...

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen,
Firstly I would like to refer everyone on this thread to the wisdom of Martin Peters who has basically wrapped this up nice and tight, and professionally…...Martin, thanks for jumping in on this one.
Secondly I want to acknowledge Mr. Russ Gould for his apology to me and I accept it and really glad he recognized the people he was dealing with for what they really are.
Thirdly thanks to all those who have supported me in this fracas, especially Wendell who keeps his teeth and claws sharpened for those he represents being client and outfitter, and not afraid to stand up for the truth, and is tenacious when anyone steps on our territory. Thanks Dude!
To Mr Atkinson.
Sir, Please be careful who you deal with in this business. If you deal in South Africa, you use South African outfitters, NOT Zimbabweans, and if you deal in Zimbabwe, use bonafide Zim operators, NOT South Africans. South African hunters are no more than observers in my camp, and yes they do book clients through me and attend their clients hunts and of course they get a commission as any booking agent. So as soon as you hear of a South African taking on “cull hunts”in Zimbabwe or anything else that is not sanctioned by a real safari operator in Zim then put up a red flag for yourself and do not go there, I don’t care if his name is Robbie Kruger, or Dawie Groenewald or Lawrence Botha, you are going to find yourself exposed to some below the belt deals, and I reckon you may want to be thankful that this one blew up in your face before you committed a client to it and then have to answer some uncomfortable questions when the proverbial - - - - hits the fan. There is too much to lose ...NOT worth it in the end.
I need to confirm my stand with you, and anyone else for that matter, that should I see someone advertising my area without my consent and using another operator, especially a South African, I WILL retaliate with all the legal force required, and use any means at my disposal to expose those involved and bring them down as hard as possible, and I doubt if any ethical, law abiding hunter would oppose me on that. You did just that,… we retaliated,… and happily it caused you to jump around and investigate your own hunt. It appears you found out that the hunt is actually NOT in Gokwe, so I would suggest that the person who told you it WAS in Gokwe has no clue about the country, the concessions and who’s toes he is tramping on and I would suggest you cut ties with him because the next move he makes may be worse for you.
While on this issue, I need to tell you that I can probably name a number of South Africans who have come into Zim and used their “power contacts” to rape our country of its wildlife and disregard any laws appertaining to the conservation of fauna and flora in this beautiful country of OURS,- NOT THEIRS! Check the other post about the SCI ‘’sweetheart” Dawie Groenewald, and his political contacts in Zim,- Veeery interesting!! I wonder how SCI feel that maybe some of the ‘big bucks’ he gave them is from good old rhino horn. They need to throw away the key!
We have just got news of some organized poaching in our area last night and my son is going up now to investigate the situation, may be the very one, - white pick up involved.
By the way this is my first post on AR…Im a new boy at this! Hope I did not offend anyone.
Cheers Dudley

Dudley Rogers
Tshabezi Safaris
Zimbabwe

quote:
There is also much that one can learn by reading...and seeing the whole picture- like the statement- 'I have contacted Sally Bown at ZPHGA' && it's all above board.' Pitty Sally hasn't been at work for two months now....Sally and ZPHGA have never been contacted on this by Ray...

Where you at Ray? Crickets up in this mofo Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
yuck

Ray must be out doing his best Humphrey Bogart impression investigating all the facts like any true private eye. I'm sure that's why he's stopped posting.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by els:
I should stay on the side lines here but...... This is an illegal hunt period end of question. Now do lots of illegal and immoral things happen in Zim and most of the time the perpetrators if they pay the right bribes get away with it. yes they do.
Having said that I can assure that there are no 5th amendment rights under Zimbabwe law. As a sport hunter YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET MIXED UP WITH ANYTHING ILLEGAL OR WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE IN ZIMBABWE. You don't want to spend even one night in a Zimbabwe jail. I 'm sure that Ray means well but if this goes bad he sure as hell is not going to be able to help you out. I wouldn't touch this.

Hi Dudley! Great to have you post here!

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1228 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Hello Dudley

Welcome to AR!!!

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
yuck

Ray must be out doing his best Humphrey Bogart impression investigating all the facts like any true private eye. I'm sure that's why he's stopped posting.

Brett
no, i think he took my advice- saddled up and rode away into the sunset of retirement.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13196 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Where you at Ray? Crickets up in this mofo Roll Eyes

.....and I'm still laughing!!! Good one!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch Manasse was also offering this hunt.

Hunt #214 PH has 4 elephants and 4 buffalo available in the Gokwe concession in Zimbabwe. THIS HUNT MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE END OF OCTOBER, 2010! One hunter can take all 8 animals, or get a buddy and split it!! This is approximately $4400 per animal!!!!!!!!!!!! For elephant and buffalo!!

Posts: 397 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been hunting my Antelope..I have a reply from Robbie Kruger and his information from the powers that be, and my reply to him. If anyone is interested I will forward it to you to post as I cannot do that...this is my last word on the subject..

I have informed my client not to do the hunt, but it is a legal, in that Magabee is going to be there and he ordered the hunt, the meat will be given to the locals, and the head of National Parks, a Mr. Sadanga sent a letter of authority to Peter Uys and Robbie Kruger, but changed it somewhat in that 4 buffalo will not be killed but 6 elephant will be, as he viewed AR and he thought the buffalo were the only problem??.. A Zim Ph will be paid to conduct the hunt as well as a Game Scout, and Mr. Sadanga allowed Peter Uys, to arrange the hunt with a foriegn hunter through Robbie Kruger..This has been done twice before and the elephants can be killed by an American hunter or they will be killed by game management. I have been informed several of these hunts were telvised?? The letter explains it all IMO.

I am out of it never the less. All I ever wanted was some real documentation, some real questions answered and I didn't get it. All I got instead was internet chatter, and folks that didn't want to get involved.

As to more BS that was posted, I do have a letters into Mrs. Bown at SOAZ, SCI, Don Heath,and the hunt report btw, I also just forwarded Robbies letter quoting Mr. Sadango, and I have them in my file so cut the crap, but thanks for letting me know she is out of town.

If you want the letter posted then someone voluntier to post it for me and send me your email address and I will forward it to you for posting..This is my last post on any internet blog.

The hunt is legal according to Zimbabwe law and the president of the country for an American hunter to do the hunt..

Is it ethical, well they are going to kill the animals anyway, so why not allow an American hunter to take advantage of a cheap as hell hunt is a question nobody has answered as yet?..I guess because some here deem it unethical, and it may well be to some, I am still not sure as it has been done before on two ocassions, and apparantly have been or will be conducted by "Zim Phs", and if they were/are illegal then the PHs licenses should be revoked or should be revoked, whichever the case may be, but betcha that doesn;t happen.

I no longer post any discounted hunts, its just not worth it..I sent about 15 hunters from AR on $5500. buffalo and $10,000 bull elephant hunts last year and they all had good hunts, Its a shame that this kind of stuff voids that.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41926 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I have been hunting my Antelope..I have a reply from Robbie Kruger and his information from the powers that be, and my reply to him. If anyone is interested I will forward it to you to post as I cannot do that...this is my last word on the subject..

I have informed my client not to do the hunt, but it is a legal, in that Magabee is going to be there and he ordered the hunt, the meat will be given to the locals, and the head of National Parks, a Mr. Sadanga sent a letter of authority to Peter Uys and Robbie Kruger, but changed it somewhat in that 4 buffalo will not be killed but 6 elephant will be, as he viewed AR and he thought the buffalo were the only problem??.. A Zim Ph will be paid to conduct the hunt as well as a Game Scout, and Mr. Sadanga allowed Peter Uys, to arrange the hunt with a foriegn hunter through Robbie Kruger..This has been done twice before and the elephants can be killed by an American hunter or they will be killed by game management. I have been informed several of these hunts were telvised?? The letter explains it all IMO.

I am out of it never the less. All I ever wanted was some real documentation, some real questions answered and I didn't get it. All I got instead was internet chatter, and folks that didn't want to get involved.

As to more BS that was posted, I do have a letters into Mrs. Bown at SOAZ, SCI, Don Heath,and the hunt report btw, I also just forwarded Robbies letter quoting Mr. Sadango, and I have them in my file so cut the crap, but thanks for letting me know she is out of town.

If you want the letter posted then someone voluntier to post it for me and send me your email address and I will forward it to you for posting..This is my last post on any internet blog.

The hunt is legal according to Zimbabwe law and the president of the country for an American hunter to do the hunt..

Is it ethical, well they are going to kill the animals anyway, so why not allow an American hunter to take advantage of a cheap as hell hunt is a question nobody has answered as yet?..I guess because some here deem it unethical, and it may well be to some, I am still not sure as it has been done before on two ocassions, and apparantly have been or will be conducted by "Zim Phs", and if they were/are illegal then the PHs licenses should be revoked or should be revoked, whichever the case may be, but betcha that doesn;t happen.

I no longer post any discounted hunts, its just not worth it..I sent about 15 hunters from AR on $5500. buffalo and $10,000 bull elephant hunts last year and they all had good hunts, Its a shame that this kind of stuff voids that.

Preserved for posterity.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

Honestly, that is one of the most pathetic posts I have read here. You have milked the AR guys for a long time. You are a "friend" of Saeed's - now you are taking your toys and going home never to be heard from again. If you are as rough and tough as you say, then you should have handled your issues with drummond and others in a little different manner rather than huffing and puffing and threatening to blow their houses down. A tempest in teapot describes your behavour.

Your last post on any internet blog? I doubt it.

Your last post of a discounted hunt or selling a gun? I doubt it. I also doubt you sent 15 hunters from AR on cheap buff hunts or elephant hunts. If you had, I am sure we would have been covered up with glowing hunt reports telling us what a great guy you are and how wonderful the hunt was. So far, no reports that I have seen.

Adios, go rope with someone...

Posts: 10240 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
I can't help it, but it reminds me of Richard Nixon's "Checkers speach". Remember the family dog (Checkers) and Dick telling everyone "you won't have Richard Nixon to kick around anymore".

Last, I just gots to know to know, if "Magabee is going to be there", is he going to be the tracker or skinner?

Anyway.....Happy trails to you Ray! Wink

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Fecal excrement!!!

Mr. Atkinson has always been a good feller to me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36770 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote