New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting problem with the wife
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friends wife resented what he spent going on hunts with me and a couple other guys and insisted on going on a do-it-yourself Caribou hunt in Alaska. When I told her she would share a tent with 4 other men and crap in a 5 gallon bucket outside the tent, she was cured of that silliness. I really didn't care if she went but felt she would make a tough trip miserable with her complaining.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
When your wife isn't looking you need to walk over to her purse and look in it. There should be a scrotum in there. That belongs to you. Take your nuts out of her purse, reattach them and let your wife know that daddy is going to be gone for a week.

I would then tell her to make you dinner as you have quite the appetite with the newfound testosterone that's coursing through your body. As an added treat you can whisper in her ear and give her something to look forward to once she gets the kids bathed and down to bed and as she turns around to walk away give her a firm slap on the ass and say "there's more where that came from"

That being said. Don't do any of that but also don't ever ask for marital advice from this bunch of miscreants here on AR either Big Grin

Good luck

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I resemble that remark Drummomd, LOL!

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
The only real consideration I see is the age of the kids, all under 5, lots of situations could arise in a week.

If there is other family or close friends that can be depended on to help in an emergency every thing should be fine, worrisome, especially when you are far away and communication can be hard to come by but she should be able to cope.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
When your wife isn't looking you need to walk over to her purse and look in it. There should be a scrotum in there. That belongs to you. Take your nuts out of her purse, reattach them and let your wife know that daddy is going to be gone for a week.

I would then tell her to make you dinner as you have quite the appetite with the newfound testosterone that's coursing through your body. As an added treat you can whisper in her ear and give her something to look forward to once she gets the kids bathed and down to bed and as she turns around to walk away give her a firm slap on the ass and say "there's more where that came from"

Good luck

Good advice. Wink

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

That being said. Don't do any of that but also don't ever ask for marital advice from this bunch of miscreants here on AR either Big Grin

Good luck

This made me laugh like crazy!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Hell, I'm almost 40 and never married. I came close a few times, but damn glad I didn't get stuck with them. However, most of my buddies are married and have kids (many of them younger than 10). A lot of our "hunting" trips are out to the ranch to drink beer, BS, and cook meat. Yes, hunting occurs. I feel the hunt and Guy time split the importance of the weekend. I know it's off topic from BWW's post, but I don't think I'm alone here.

It has always been a quandary about involving significant others in outdoor pursuits. Mine are hunting, fishing, golf, and sometimes just backroad driving. We all need our escapes. They have theirs getting haircuts and nails painted for hours.

My girlfriend is 5,000 miles away and I met her through my side job in Argentina. Yes, it's hunting. On international trips, I understand bringing a non-hunting wife. In fact, she is going to help the hunters' wives by taking them around to different places should they not want to go to the field everyday.

Well, I did buy her a fly rod and we will see...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe that is why I view things differently. Lora likes to hunt/fish/drive the dirt roads,help working cattle and buffalo, tending to our chickens, cooking in hunting camp.

My first wife did not enjoy such things at the same level as Lora does, she preferred staying in camp and helping with camp chores.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I remember years when kids were little and I missed couple of hunting seasons, but never since
My wife loved the meat and loved to brag to girlfriends and their husbands about my hunting ( funny )
Since her departing from this world, I had few girlfriends and they all had issues to some degree with my hunting, well, I met girl that loves to hunt, going on 4 years and now I have different problem , I can't go without her Ha Ha

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:
Originally posted by kjjm4:
Put me in the "Family First" camp. My kids are both really little (22 and 6 months old). I don't get to hunt as much as I used to, but it goes with the territory. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd even want to be gone for a week without my family. I'd miss them.

To each his own and I can see your comment as little as yours are. However, he IS putting family first for Christ's sake! Can't you people read? How many people take the wife and kids on two big vacations like this guy is doing in a matter of just a couple months?! If she's a teacher and can't take care of three kids for one damn week while the guy goes off to himself for ONE time I'd hate to see her in a classroom! The guy is not going to be able to hunt forever if he's disabled and that makes her even more of a greedy self centered person to want to hold him back for one stinking week!

Nice, best post by far.

The wife and I went took the kids and went away for the weekend (another 3 day mini vacation with the kids).

I brought up the forum, she said I was crazy. She ended up agreeing with 30-06, so there is that.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kjjm4:
Put me in the "Family First" camp. My kids are both really little (22 and 6 months old). I don't get to hunt as much as I used to, but it goes with the territory. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd even want to be gone for a week without my family. I'd miss them.

To each his own and I can see your comment as little as yours are. However, he IS putting family first for Christ's sake! Can't you people read? How many people take the wife and kids on two big vacations like this guy is doing in a matter of just a couple months?! If she's a teacher and can't take care of three kids for one damn week while the guy goes off to himself for ONE time I'd hate to see her in a classroom! The guy is not going to be able to hunt forever if he's disabled and that makes her even more of a greedy self centered person to want to hold him back for one stinking week!

Nice, best post by far.

The wife and I went took the kids and went away for the weekend (another 3 day mini vacation with the kids).

I brought up the forum, she said I was crazy. She ended up agreeing with 30-06, so there is that.

I need your address so I can send you my bill!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I brought up the forum

But I bet you didn't actually show it to her for her to read for herself. That way you can skew things the way you want them.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting married and opening a restaurant has killed hunting for me in the last 6 years. I also went from living in a shitty apartment to having a nice little real estate portfolio and some nice guns.

Women are difficult, the alternative is much less appealing.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
Getting married and opening a restaurant has killed hunting for me in the last 6 years. I also went from living in a shitty apartment to having a nice little real estate portfolio and some nice guns.

So what good are the guns if you're too busy to use them?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sucks to be honest.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It sucks to be honest.

Nah, you're working hard to afford the opportunity to be able to hunt later. Sounds like you'll get there sooner than later

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It sucks to be honest.

Nah, you're working hard to afford the opportunity to be able to hunt later. Sounds like you'll get there sooner than later

This concept is bullshit. You may not have a later. There are tons of things I could do in my 30's that I can no longer do because of my disabilities and disease.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have 3 kids under 5 years of age.
She needs to stay home with them.

Let her go on vacation while you stay at home with the kids.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell her she can pick your hobbies.

Option 1: Hunting.
Option 2: Chasing younger women.

Three kids under 5 is no fun, but, it isn't the end of the world, either. It's only a week.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
It sucks to be honest.

This concept is bullshit. You may not have a later. There are tons of things I could do in my 30's that I can no longer do because of my disabilities and disease.

How is it bullshit? Should he just close down the restaurant he's building so he can do what ever he wants? I get the fact that you only live once but go back and read his post that says "Getting married and opening a restaurant has killed hunting for me in the last 6 years. I also went from living in a shitty apartment to having a nice little real estate portfolio and some nice guns.". Sounds like he's on his way to being able to afford the opportunity to go and hunt some. What's bullshit about that?

What's bullshit is going on a hunt and having your wife dictate where you're staying and how far your commute is going to be and then asking for advice on what do do on a public Internet forum but that's none of my business Big Grin.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

THIS!

But that doesn't fit his Me First, Me only, Me Always mentality.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
quote:

THIS!

But that doesn't fit his Me First, Me only, Me Always mentality.

You must be a saint.

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Thought this older joke fit this topic quite well.

Mike was going to get married to Karen, so his father sat him down for a little chat. He said, ‘Mike, let me tell you something. On my wedding night, in our honeymoon suite, I took off my pants, handed them to your mother and said, ‘Here – try these on.’

She did and said, ‘These are too big; I can’t wear them.’

I replied, ‘Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will.’ Ever since that night we never had any problems.

‘Hmmm,’ said Mike. He thought that might be a good thing to try.

On his honeymoon, Mike took off his pants and said to Karen, ‘Here – try these on.’

She tried them on and said, ‘These are too large. They don’t fit me.’

Mike said, ‘Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will. I don’t want you to ever forget that.’

Then Karen took off her pants and handed them to Mike. She said, ‘Here – you try on mine.’

He did and said, ‘I can’t get into your pants.’

Karen said, ‘Exactly. And if you don’t change your smart-ass attitude, you never will.’

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn Good One Tony!!! tu2 tu2 beer

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Heh heh heh!
I'll bet you dollars to donuts that's not the story "Mike" tells his buddies in deer camp. Big Grin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2952 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
You know gentlemen, hunting is hobby for some and way of life for others
I do believe, marriage and kids and business doesn't have to kill our passion
Where there is a will, there is a way
My way of hunting when raising kids was slipping in the woods for couple of hours early in the mornings or middle of the day in whitetail or elk rut.
Well,it helps living in Montana, but that was the reason I moved here when I was young before marriage was even a thought
Hunting doesn't have to be expensive endeavor, I even get my jollies off just hunting starlings , gophers or European doves with BB gun
It can be just as tough as deer and elk

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CHC:

Although you do not have kids, I found your post very interesting and well written!

I've been since I was old enough to walk. I am forever grateful for all of my experience.
Having said this, my family is the MOST important thing to me. I have gave up some hunting
for work and family. However, we balance it pretty good.

It's a give and take process for sure. One size certainly does not fit all.

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was trying to stay out of this one but what the heck.

My advice is same as a few others: you take your week but remember to send your wife off for a week without the kids to do what she wants

My second piece of advice, get a vasectomy! If helping YOUR wife with YOUR kids is such a downer on your life make sure no more appear, im sure you are stressed and just wanting some you time but your wife is stuck with a lot of extra crap when you leave so can see why she would be stressed too

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful for threads like these. Just reminds me how lucky I am.

Carry on...

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:

Carry on...

Cheers
Jim

Isn't that the truth! You are a blessed man!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
What's bullshit is going on a hunt and having your wife dictate where you're staying and how far your commute is going to be and then asking for advice on what do do on a public Internet forum but that's none of my business Big Grin.[/QUOTE]

Exactamundo!

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife is always happy with me going away hunting. She has no interest in it, and likes to have time without me. In fact, she will get pissy if I come home early...I tell her as long as the boyfriend is out the window before I see him everything is fine

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Hell yes . I always say that as long as the boyfriend pays his way while he is here its fine by me .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Carry on...

Cheers
Jim

I am in the same boat thankfully. She realizes that hunting is how I survive a very stressful profession.

I humor her few minor requests. For example taking an emergency beacon on a sheep hunt. I figure that is a pretty small price to pay.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Personally, I cant abide this "airing out your dirty laundry with your spouse" on the internet. IMO it is in very poor taste and smacks of a less than loving relationship. I wonder how your wife would feel if she read this thread?

Just my .02 c.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wstrnhuntr:
Personally, I cant abide this "airing out your dirty laundry with your spouse" on the internet. IMO it is in very poor taste and smacks of a less than loving relationship. I wonder how your wife would feel if she read this thread?

Just my .02 c.

Maybe she has reviewed his "history" on the computer. If everything goes for the OP like what's mentioned in the original post he may only get 30 minutes of screen time on the Internet and that's only after chores are done Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wstrnhuntr:

Just my .02 c.

If that's the case, then why even offer your 2 cents?! PS: If his wife read this thread, maybe she'd grow up and act like a responsible adult and realize that marriage is a two way street and not a one way highway with her in control!!!

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My first thought was they are just as good as Jay Leno's car collection. Something he enjoys having.

I know a man that has so many English double rifles that he occasionally surprises himself when he pulls one out of a case to share it with a visitor. The majority of those guns will not be "used" by your definition either.

I would say Colin likely enjoys owning the guns and they are likely a good investment as well.

Just a thought. Now back to our regularly scheduled topic on a hunting forum. Marital bliss. Big Grin

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

My first thought was they are just as good as Jay Leno's car collection. Something he enjoys having.

I know a man that has so many English double rifles that he occasionally surprises himself when he pulls one out of a case to share it with a visitor. The majority of those guns will not be "used" by your definition either.

I would say Colin likely enjoys owning the guns and they are likely a good investment as well.

Just a thought. Now back to our regularly scheduled topic on a hunting forum. Marital bliss. Big Grin

Cheers
Jim

Look Jim, this type of rational thought is completely unacceptable on a thread like this one Cool