Tools

Embarrassing elephant hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L. David Keith:

My friends and fellow hunters: It's all public now and if we are to save the NRA, the 2nd Amendment, hunting...we best learn how to work together, not against ourselves. Just sayin'. LDK

A lot of truth to what was said.

If it was legal then it is good and should be supported.

If you cannot say something positive about hunting, shooting and gun collecting then you should not say anything. Any negative will be used against the hunting, shooting and collectors in out community.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Are we supposed to condone something we see is done wrong in our name??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66938 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Are we supposed to condone something we see is done wrong in our name??

We are not in the "Right or Wrong" business.

It comes down to was it legal or was it illegal.

You may have to hold your nose some times when it is legal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Saeed, of course not. But at the same time if some thought were given before commenting, it might not appear as if we were agreeing with anti-hunting sentiment or "joining their cause." If we hunters don't police ourselves, our enemies will police for us.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Very WELL SAID, David!! Thank you.

Truth be known, there are two independent suits going now by very knowledgeable and well placed and intended PRO NRA and its members, or Board Member.

We should be standing up behind these two to try to salvage the wreck, and protect the MEMBERS. Right now, no one is representing the members!! I am saying WITH OUR WALLETS!!

I would ask Saeed for permission to identify these two pursuits so that these patriots can receive support?

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Very WELL SAID, David!! Thank you.

Truth be known, there are two independent suits going now by very knowledgeable and well placed and intended PRO NRA and its members, or Board Member.

We should be standing up behind these two to try to salvage the wreck, and protect the MEMBERS. Right now, no one is representing the members!! I am saying WITH OUR WALLETS!!

I would ask Saeed for permission to identify these two pursuits so that these patriots can receive support?

You can post whatever you wish.

Posts: 66938 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Texas says No to NRA bankruptcy
Texas says NO!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Wayne should enter his elephant "hunt" in one of the glorified SCI Circles.

He might win First Prize! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As to this hunt, if Wayne had any sense of "optics" then the recording would have been destroyed the evening after the hunt took place, in the campfire.

470Eddy, very sorry to hear that his wife is said to have Parkinson's. That's just awful.

Posts: 434 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
May be he did not even know that there was something wrong!

He seems to be totally clueless about how to handle a rifle!

One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you cannot say something positive about hunting, shooting and gun collecting then you should not say anything. Any negative will be used against the hunting, shooting and collectors in out community.

In TOTAL disagreement with this statement, in fact I consider it in poor taste.

When fellow hunters are doing things wrong, and in this case choose to film it for obvious release via film (although this never was), I feel obligated to voice my opinion,no matter how positive or how negative that opinion is deemed.

I have pride in my profession and pride in the sport of hunting. I will not stand aside while some dimwit brings my industry into disrepute through shoddy skills, and I will also not stand aside because I'm told "negative" comments are considered bad for hunting. To hell with that shit. If he can't do it with a decorum of skill, and then want it shown to the world, in his position with NRA, then I will call him out,or anyone else for that matter.

One sure fire way of killing hunting is having your attitude towards such comments. We MUST stand against idiots like this.

Have a good day. Hope that's positive enough for you !!!!!

Posts: 534 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have been saying this all along.

If we do not stand against what we see is clearly wrong, everyone will assume we condone it.

And we are part of the problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain how Wayne LaPierre has such a stranglehold on the NRA? This has been going on to long. Wayne has become a empty suit. Can we not make him fade into the sunset?

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
You might call it hand picked senior management and a stranglehold on many of the Board!! The smart ones have left due to potential liability, and a very few are fighting behind the scenes .... IMHO??

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
Can someone explain how Wayne LaPierre has such a stranglehold on the NRA? This has been going on to long. Wayne has become a empty suit. Can we not make him fade into the sunset?

When there was the big fight in the NRA years ago between WLP and gentleman named Knox, WLP won. The composition and size of the board changed . This made it incredibly difficult to get rid of WLP. The board size is absurd.

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:

When there was the big fight in the NRA years ago between WLP and gentleman named Knox, WLP won. The composition and size of the board changed . This made it incredibly difficult to get rid of WLP. The board size is absurd.

Larry, that makes sense.
Could there not be a membership petition to send him down the road? Surely people like Larry Potterfield and other major donors are tired of seeing their contributions wasted on litigation defending Wayne LaPierre instead of Second Amendment rights? Wayne has become a Poster Boy for the other side. Obviously Wayne has no conscious.
4WD

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knox got most of the reforms he desired through and lost the vote for EVP. Then got banished, like so many who challenge WLP. Knox lead reforms actually cut a lot of throats.

I am biased in my point of view is from the Knox camp. You can find the competing narratives online.

I do not know WLP, but the fact anyone tries to curtail his mismanagement and power gets exiled is all I need to know about him.

The day he and his cronies. Specifically, the guy who now runs the Legislative program. I will renew my NRA membership.

As for this Elephant hunt. I have stated a thousand times my dislike for all things WLP. I have never hunted elephant and the nerve wrecking that comes with elephant hunting. We do not always perform our best; even, when our best is most required. I was willing with that in mind, to not condemn him for his performance on this elephant hunt.

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Knox got most of the reforms he desired through and lost the vote for EVP. Then got banished, like so many who challenge WLP. Knox lead reforms actually cut a lot of throats.

I am biased in my point of view is from the Knox camp. You can find the competing narratives online.

I do not know WLP, but the fact anyone tries to curtail his mismanagement and power gets exiled is all I need to know about him.

The day he and his cronies. Specifically, the guy who now runs the Legislative program. I will renew my NRA membership.

As for this Elephant hunt. I have stated a thousand times my dislike for all things WLP. I have never hunted elephant and the nerve wrecking that comes with elephant hunting. We do not always perform our best; even, when our best is most required. I was willing with that in mind, to not condemn him for his performance on this elephant hunt.

Jason Ouimet? What did he do ?

I have a lot less faith in WLP after filing bankruptcy without board knowledge. Also, the choice of lawyers is disturbing.

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of Chris Cox.

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
List of all those most recently purged by WLP.

https://www.thetrace.org/2020/...line-wayne-lapierre/

One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
This thread has gone way off-topic now.

What started off as an "Embarrassing Elephant Hunt" has turned into a debate about the NRA.

Posts: 534 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil-PH:

What started off as an "Embarrassing Elephant Hunt" has turned into a debate about the NRA.

Well, if you look at it from the beginning, the whole point of this sorry affair WAS about the NRA and the idiot who is running it.

It was supposed to be a glorifying episode in his illustrious hunting career!

Some members here did complain about him before this, and others told them to shut up.

Don’t criticize the NRA!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is AR you know!

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started the off track ness of you will. I did so to place my comments in context being I do not like WLP. However, I am not going to kill him over this. No matter how hard we try sometimes we do not perform as we need to. There are real issues with the man to discuss.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This video was no doubt released as part of the fight between the NRA and Ackerman McQueen. In fact, WLP has told some people specifically who released it . I see the NRA discussion as relevant under these circumstances.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Who cares if he was not representing the NRA!

His name is associated with NRA for years.

And by the looks of it he has been milking the NRA for his own benefit!

I have no idea if this true, but one report says he has billed the NRA for $300,000 just for his clothes??!!

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Man I've been in Alaska a over a week, back home and this thread is still at the top? horse

No wonder so many folks have given up these forums!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Man I've been in Alaska a over a week, back home and this thread is still at the top? horse

No wonder so many folks have given up these forums!

Mate go to any topic and read the last post. It has very little resemblance to the original topic!

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Disagree.

Wayne LaPierre is the NRA and the face of guns(2nd Amendment) and hunting (yes elephant hunting).
If Wayne LaPierre went elephant hunting then the NRA went elephant hunting.
Wayne LaPierre continues to make Bad decisions basically on everything he has been involved in.Being the face of the NRA , everything WLP chooses to do has consequences. Deciding to film his elephant hunt is just another one of his bad decisions. Nothing wrong with being inexperienced and going on your first DGH in this case being a elephant hunt. To much can go wrong, again in his case it was terrible. WLP is the face of hunting and guns in the USA. His incompetence in his attempt to elephant hunt all done on video for the whole world to see is a reflection on the entire hunting community world wide. Filming his first elephant is another case of his blatant bad judgement, lack of common sense,narcissism, and extraordinary ego.
Wayne Lapierre has done more to derail the greatest pro gun and hunting organization in the world . The damage he has done and continues to do will have consequences to world wide hunting that we will all suffer from. Wayne Lapierre is a embarrassment to the entire hunting and firearms community.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that we NRA members paid for this elephant hunt.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
FYI, his wife is said to have Parkinson's disease these days.
There is indication that WLP is showing some symptoms as well....

I wanted to update my information with some new input-
I was wrong on the victim of Parkinson's disease, it is NOT WLPs wife, it is said to be NRA President Carolyn Meadows.... and she was considered to be frail enough to NOT travel or testify during the last court proceedings.

Now that the Bankruptcy is behind, the NY proceedings will move ahead... it is becoming more and more clear NYAG is being guided and directed by some powerful outsiders we all know NOT to be gun friendly from NY!!

Sorry for the confusion.

The NRA is absent when we need them most with this new Administration. This needs to get put behind, reorganize and refresh with a new team and smaller, manageable Board with Term Limits for All.

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing against Carolyn Meadows but she is in her early 80’s.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have contributed new car money to the NRA over the years.

I am on the verge of notifying them that not another penny will be forthcoming from me or mine until LaPierre leaves or is removed.

I am not happy about that, but so be it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Nothing against Carolyn Meadows but she is in her early 80’s.

Yes, and I hear also with NO COLLEGE DEGREE.... but she came from a lofty position of a State RNC position!!

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
To Michael's point-
I am a Life Benefactor Member, and have been a President's Council Member, and Golden Eagles contributor in addition to ILA and Whittington raffles.

NO MORE. And every funding request I receive I write on the contribution form: "no more contributions until WLP retires, hired officers and elected officers replaced and reorganized, Board substantially reduced to a manageable size, and age75, and TERM LIMITS placed on all positions, with ALL LITIGATION RESOLVED."... and return it in the postage paid envelope....

I will NOT be attending the Annual meeting or any Friends of NRA functions!!

We need change. I come from a long corporate career. I know what would have happened in a similar situation on a good Company!! In the event of wrong doing, you are also on the hook for your own defense!!

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
To Michael's point-
I am a Life Benefactor Member, and have been a President's Council Member, and Golden Eagles contributor in addition to ILA and Whittington raffles.

NO MORE. And every funding request I receive I write on the contribution form: "no more contributions until WLP retires, hired officers and elected officers replaced and reorganized, Board substantially reduced to a manageable size, and age75, and TERM LIMITS placed on all positions, with ALL LITIGATION RESOLVED."... and return it in the postage paid envelope....

We need change. I come from a long corporate career. I know what would have happened in a similar situation on a good Company!! In the event of wrong doing, you are also on the hook for your own defense!!

Look at it from our oppositions perspective.

They had us eating our own on the SCI issue. Now, here we are consuming the NRA in front of everyone to see.

Not saying anything we are doing or saying is wrong or inaccurate in any way. But here we are.

The progressives tend to circle their collective wagons when their side has warts. They won't, under any circumstances attack one of their own. Regardless how bad the optics are.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
To Michael's point-

They had us eating our own on the SCI issue. Now, here we are consuming the NRA in front of everyone to see.

Not saying anything we are doing or saying is wrong or inaccurate in any way. But here we are.

The progressives tend to circle their collective wagons when their side has warts. They won't, under any circumstances attack one of their own. Regardless how bad the optics are.

The only reason we are we are with both the NRA and SCI because of this attitude.

We have been told time and time again to "don't criticize our own organizations"

When these originations are being run by total idiots.

Whose sole purpose in life was turning the organization into their own person little banana republics.

If people listened, and the people with unacceptable behavior were replaced, we would not be where we are.

And the silly circles continue.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
To Michael's point-

The only reason we are we are with both the NRA and SCI because of this attitude.

We have been told time and time again to "don't criticize our own organizations"

When these originations are being run by total idiots.

Whose sole purpose in life was turning the organization into their own person little banana republics.

If people listened, and the people with unacceptable behavior were replaced, we would not be where we are.

And the silly circles continue.

And what attitude exactly are you referring to?

Mine? My attitude is the problem? My post only points out that we don't need opposition, we do just fine consuming ourselves.

I actually pointed out, in my post you quoted, that there is nothing we are doing wrong or inaccurate.

I am simply pointing out facts.

To add, I resigned from the BOD of the Phoenix Chapter of SCI over my differences and I will not renew my NRA membership either...But my attitude is the problem?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
My only hope is that some of the "followers " will see these admonitions and STOP DRINKING THE KOOL AID!!

Nothing said here is not already figured out by the antis!!

They can't hurt what is already lips to the pavement!!

HERE'S HOPIN!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am still an SCI Chapter member and I remain an NRA life member.

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican — Ronald Reagan.

But we never learned. Frowner

Well, as Steve pointed out...the Liberals paid heed to what Ronnie had to say back in ‘66.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote