Embarrassing elephant hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
That is a BRILLIANT IDEA.... kinda like the Rigby OLD DAGGA BOY contest?? That said, how many outfitters could/would participate in this kind of presentation?? And, then how would SCI make money for Protecting our Hunting Rights around the World??....
We've gotta do something to toot our own horns infront of the Anti's... they are gaining ground on our territory... even right at home with more trophy import restrictions...

CHEERZ,

Things I would do to make it better or work to what I stated above as the goal are;

Rework all scoring to put as much emphasis on age as possible;

Maybe remove the hunter’s name and just report the animal;

If we have to keep names with the animal (The fact that folks have to have this self promotion does bother me), then the only award is the animals in the book which you pay to submit;

I do not know to the top of my head how to monetize this, but we need outfitter award for the Outfitter that is most transparent or demonstrates the funds from hunting back to habitat, community, anti poaching, shoeing the true dollar for dollar accounting for the value the animal. Then promote to the moon those outfitters and the math they proved. We need hard numbers and not just talking points. You could break down those areas and assign a numerical figure to those areas and add yo get the winner. You could do two awards. One fir the most money and one for the highest percentage that goes to those categories.

Thst is the best I can do 470.

It is not practical for every outfitter to age animal taken on the tooth to get age. However, it may cause more to do so if we set an age 4 year old for deer, 8/9/10 whatever we can agree on for Buffalo etc, 15 years for bear (for example), then rank these animals based on age which the hunter pays to enter snd at the convention give awards for the oldest of each category submitted (that would come with a fee.

It is currently possible to record an animal in the record book without the hunters name .

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
quote:
That is a BRILLIANT IDEA.... kinda like the Rigby OLD DAGGA BOY contest?? That said, how many outfitters could/would participate in this kind of presentation?? And, then how would SCI make money for Protecting our Hunting Rights around the World??....
We've gotta do something to toot our own horns infront of the Anti's... they are gaining ground on our territory... even right at home with more trophy import restrictions...

CHEERZ,

Things I would do to make it better or work to what I stated above as the goal are;

If we have to keep names with the animal (The fact that folks have to have this self promotion does bother me), then the only award is the animals in the book which you pay to submit;

I do not know to the top of my head how to monetize this, but we need outfitter award for the Outfitter that is most transparent or demonstrates the funds from hunting back to habitat, community, anti poaching, shoeing the true dollar for dollar accounting for the value the animal. Then promote to the moon those outfitters and the math they proved. We need hard numbers and not just talking points. You could break down those areas and assign a numerical figure to those areas and add yo get the winner. You could do two awards. One fir the most money and one for the highest percentage that goes to those categories.

It is not practical for every outfitter to age animal taken on the tooth to get age. However, it may cause more to do so if we set an age 4 year old for deer, 8/9/10 whatever we can agree on for Buffalo etc, 15 years for bear (for example), then rank these animals based on age which the hunter pays to enter snd at the convention give awards for the oldest of each category submitted (that would come with a fee.

It is currently possible to record an animal in the record book without the hunters name .

How would idiots masquerading as professional hunters like Jason Stone make money then??

His web page was full of high scoring animals bought and transported for rich SCI fakes pretending to be hunters.

Funny how all these pictures seem to have disappeared off his website!

SCI has single handed ruined hunting and turned it into a competition!

And as this competition required no hunting ability but loads of money, it attracted all the sick vermin.

Both “hunters” and suppliers.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66943 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:
quote:

CHEERZ,

How would idiots masquerading as professional hunters like Jason Stone make money then??

His web page was full of high scoring animals bought and transported for rich SCI fakes pretending to be hunters.

And as this competition required no hunting ability but loads of money, it attracted all the sick vermin.

Stone certainly has some suspect practices.

I don’t think it is entirely fair to blame SCI. There are many record books . Rowland Ward, Boone & Crockett and many others . These record books are not limited to hunting .

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

CHEERZ,

I don’t think it is entirely fair to blame SCI. There are many record books . Rowland Ward, Boone & Crockett and many others . These record books are not limited to hunting .

Very true.

But only SCI has the competition hunting into the holy grail.

Angus Murray is suing Stone for selling him a smaller trophy than he claimed!

I love it when these zombies get at each other’s throats! clap

I wonder how many other trophies were purposely mis-measured by Stone! jumping

Posts: 66943 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

CHEERZ,

Very true.

But only SCI has the competition hunting into the holy grail.

Angus Murray is suing Stone for selling him a smaller trophy than he claimed!

I love it when these zombies get at each other’s throats! clap

I wonder how many other trophies were purposely mis-measured by Stone! jumping

I was just questioning the status of that lawsuit this weekend . It is very quiet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If our egos are so big and we only give lip service to conservation, then SCI should mandate no Hunter’s names.

As ll scoring needs to be redone to allow as much emphasis on age as possible.

We need to reliable some terms.

I no longer say Trophy Fee when talking about this to my non hunting friends and deer hunting friends. I say Conservation Fee.

I also no longer say Sport Hunting, but (International) Conservation through Hunting.

Labeling is 1/4 of the battle in public debate.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the record, I hate the awards . They are a huge negative for the sport and for SCI.

The record book is less bothersome to me. It can be a very useful source of information . On the other hand, some are obsessed with it.

As a practical matter , I don’t know how this change could be made. Of all the thousands of entries from years past, I will be willing to bet that few, if any, had age measured. In addition, while a measuring tape is objective , determining age is subjective. Have you ever heard any disagree over the age of a deer?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I remember reading writings from professional hunters, who have had to accompany those who search for the trophies SCI cherishes, and reporting an endless stories of law breaking!

This has been going on for years.

The likes of Jason Stone and Angus Murray are only the tip of the iceberg!

Shameful.

VERY SHAMEFUL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the record, I hate the awards . They are a huge negative for the sport and for SCI.

The record book is less bothersome to me. It can be a very useful source of information . On the other hand, some are obsessed with it.

As a practical matter , I don’t know how this change could be made. Of all the thousands of entries from years past, I will be willing to bet that few, if any, had age measured. In addition, while a measuring tape is objective , determining age is subjective. Have you ever heard any disagree over the age of a deer?

If you want award Riley on age. You would have to age on the teeth.

Using the tape, would not be perfect, but a buck with x mass, is not him going to be a 2 year old. Thus, the incentives older age class getting killed.

You can do an award based on aging the teeth. You can rework the scoteimg to help incentives older age class killed.

For deer take the width; thickness of the bases and the beam.

Nothing is perfect, but something is better.

The perfect cannot be the enemy of the good.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Those of us who have been hunting all our lives, know that big trophies do not grow on trees.

The likes of Jason Stone were purpose made for the SCI fake hunters.

I bet more highly placed trophies in the SCI book were obtained by illegal means than by fair chase hunting.

Stone had pages and pages of sick fake “hunters” lined up with trophies he has provided.

Funny how they seem to have disappeared!

May be someone made copies of those pages?? clap

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to see SCI (or any of the other large pro-hunting organizations) create a system where outfitters/landowners can provide proof of their investment directly into conservation.... and then each year, the top few outfitters would receive some type of monetary contribution towards their operation. This would create a healthy competition amongst outfitters, and would showcase those efforts for the general public to see.

Perhaps someone is already doing this, and I'm just not aware of it.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
It would be nice to see SCI (or any of the other large pro-hunting organizations) create a system where outfitters/landowners can provide proof of their investment directly into conservation.... and then each year, the top few outfitters would receive some type of monetary contribution towards their operation. This would create a healthy competition amongst outfitters, and would showcase those efforts for the general public to see.

You are kidding yourself my friend!

SCI big wigs doing some remotely useful to hunting??

Keep on dreaming.

As far as I can remember, each time they had a change at the top, we were promised improvements.

Never seen any.

SCI should be rightly called A BANANA REPUBLIC!

It would be a very fitting name!

That is where they glorify everything a normal hunter thinks is repugnant!

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
SCI takes a very dim view of any measuring issues!! If any member, board member or officer is found to be wiggling entries, they face having ALL ENTRIES REMOVED FROM THE RECORD BOOK, and also face permanent expulsion from SCI!!
We saw it happen a few years ago with a high profile Portland, OR Chapter member!!
Seems like with any competition there will be those who CHEAT!!
SCI TAKES THIS SERIOUSLY...

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Keep on dreaming.

As far as I can remember, each time they had a change at the top, we were promised improvements.

Never seen any.

I'm sure you're probably right....maybe DSC could implement something like this.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Keep on dreaming.

Never seen any.

I'm sure you're probably right....maybe DSC could implement something like this.

I hope so too.

But DSC had a bit of their own problems with certain idiots managing to get into positions of authority.

It was very sad to see.

Let us hope it does not happen again.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys, WHooaa, whooaa... this thread is completely off the rails!! It is NOT about SCI, this is about NRA and we in the US NEED THE NRA TO PROTECT OUR GUNRIGHTS FROM THE DUMBCRATS... OREGON IS UNDER SEIGE WITH THE NEW PROPOSITION 114 on the ballot... severely restrictive for all gun owners... one of these warm, fuzzy ballot issues that couldn't make it in the legislature but has been put on the ballot by initiative... ie collecting bleeding hearts signatures!! We have lost many of our rights here in Washington State... now even have to do background checks on semi-auto rifles and shotguns... the NRA IS ABSENT WITHOUT LEAVE!! NRA IS NOT FIGHTING THESE RESTRICTIVE BALLOT ISSUES AND LAWS!!

I am hopeful that the NY Attorney General will get BOUNCED by Voters on November 8.... and maybe the new guy will drop the charges against NRA pursued by Letitia James, NY AG??!!... OR SUBSTANTIALLY CHANGE THE PURSUIT>??
THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE TO SERIOUSLY THREATEN THE EXISTENCE OF NRA, THE STATED INTENT OF NYAG!!

That said, this thread is all about the lawsuit against NRA by UNDER WILD SKIES to get paid some $500,000 for this stupid video that should NEVER HAVE BEEN FILMED, NOR SHOULD NRA Executive Director and his wife have been on an NRA paid hunt... nor the elephant hunt videoed... to further inflame the antis that already hate hunters!!... it was stupid!!...and ill planned, further allowing a leak to get the video in the hands of now arch enemy Ackerman McQueen who has been accused of laundering $$Millions of WLP expenses as charges for advertising to NRA SO LaPierre gets reimbursed for lavish personal expenditures!! This is WRONG...and probably criminal!!... but the damage is being done by the NYAG charges against Wayne LaPierre, and the NRA has now thrown $$OVER 100 million in legal fees to the Brewer Law firm... so NRA is no longer the 900 lb Gorilla... but the toothless pussy... when US gun owners are being attacked and without representation when we are ruthlessly being attacked by the WOK Dumbcrats and Progressives... we are being stripped of our rights in the US!!
We need to line up and start contacting the NRA major Donors like Larry Potterfield/MIDWAY USA who continue to internally support WLP rather than cut him loose to defend himself...and get a GREAT NEW LEADER like former US REP/ Ret Col Allen West who was presented at the annual meeting for Executive Director AND not ELECTED!!... if we start a writing campaign to major donors and the President of NRA and start refusing to buy at Midway USA, and others, maybe they will get the message??
I wrote a personal message to the NRA President and sent it to his personal email address. NO ANSWER!!... I am a LIFE, BENEFACTOR, Golden Eagles, and formerly Presidents Council... more than 50 years... NO ANSWER!! I have stopped all donations...and write a note- "NO MORE DONATIONS UNTIL WAYNE LAPIERRE IS RETIRED AND ALL LITIGATION IS RESOLVED!!" Not a response!!
Trust me, in my Corporate career, if we had an executive charged in a CIVIL/criminal matter, they were placed on administrative leave and their position filled, depending on the charges, they might or might NOT be provided legal counsel by the Corporation...depending on the charges, and if the Corporation believes they are legitimate??!! THIS IS WHAT SHOULD BE HAPPENING AT NRA.... but NO, he is being kept in place, NRA is a ship without a rudder, and the Bank is Being DRAINED thru frivolous legal fees!!... not the SWAMP!!
It is time we ban together as US gun owners, makers, and sellers... and start PRESSURING THE NRA FOR CHANGE!!
Please join me in getting on the Bandwagon for Change at NRA... stand up and be heard!! There are a number of influential people here on AR... we need their input as to who we need to be LOBBYING/BOYCOTTING until NRA starts getting smart and moving forward, NOT LETTING THE SHIP SINK!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The NRA brought this all onto themselves.

Why has it been setup in such a way that nothing can be done to get rid of that idiot Lapierre?

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne LaPierre did an excellent job for many years and the NRA was THE 900 LB GORILLA in the US and STATE LEGISLATORS. In the later years, however, he was corrupted by his own successes, visibility, and alot of MONEY ... AND UNFORTUNATELY his Chief Financial Officer was corrupted and complicit and allowed it to take place!!... according to the NYAG!!
WLP even tried to have NRA buy him a compound on a lakeshore in Texas as part of a retirement package...because of the risk of his own success as NRA Chief!!... This failed!!
The NRA Board is made up of 70 Very Carefully Selected Candidates by WLP, then "elected by the NRA Members."... this is simply UNMANAGEABLE and should be brought down to 10-15 members, just like a Corporate Board. Then they can have a number of Trustees to maintain the cadre of Luminaries that are presently on the board for prestige, and visibility, ie football and basketball national heroes, movie stars, astronauts, sheriffs and ..... !!
I have a friend who made the WLP screening, woman, forensic accountant, and gunshop owner... elected to the NRA Board... she could have done some good!!... she attended 2 Board meetings and RESIGNED.... for fear of getting entangled in what is now going on by NYAG, and possible a Directors and Officers Liability suit by a member or group!!
Eventually, a member or group WILL FILE A D&O LIABILITY SUIT if something doesn't change soon!!
This can be changed by a well-directed letter writing campaign by our AR members ... to the NRA President and to Board Members, and BIG DONORS, basically and professionally DEMANDING CHANGE!! Pointing out that they may well be entangled in a member driven D&O Liability suit if changes aren't made!!
I wrote an email letter to NRA president, an attorney, to his private email. NO RESPONSE!! It is time to flood NRA president Cotton, and Board Members and Donors with letters demanding change... and that you will withhold any further contributions until Change is made, WLP is gone, and Litigation resolved.
We can instigate change..... It's Time to ROLL....

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I question whether they have D&O. Who would
Write it given the publicity the NRA has received ?

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I have never been a Wayne fan. He is an overpaid politician. BTW I am a NRA life member. Just don't like paying him his 7 figure salary.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1240 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I question whether they have D&O. Who would
Write it given the publicity the NRA has received ?

I don't know who would serve without having Directors or Officers liability insurance?? It has probably been in place for many years??

In our local Washington Arms Collectors organization, it has been in place for years. It is the first thing that people with assets ask for if being considered for a Board position or Officers position. I won't serve at all but I will act as a consultant as needed...

Now that said, with gunshows being produced and guns galore are displayed and ammo in different places in a show, there is more risk of a gun accident there than on the NRA board!! Thankfully never an accident or discharge...

Nevertheless, in this crazy litigious US society, insurance is critical for any volunteer!!

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lloyd’s know how to assess risk.

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.riskmarketnews.com...s-cuts-nra-do-cover/

Apparently they have no coverage.

You would have to be an idiot to be a BOD member. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13145 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, Larry, RIGHT AGAIN!! My resigned Board Member friend confirms this and said the premium would exceed the risk... a non-starter!!

No wise person with any assets would be a Board Member without this coverage!!

I have just heard that recent report now has NRA $30 Million In-the-Hole at this time... so collapse is probably imminent?? The real question, has NRA Foundation Assets been tapped or is it safe from these pirates??... how about the NRA Museum??....

I have also been referred to two websites, I have spent some time on both... makes me SICK!!-

www.nrawatch.org
www.nraindanger.wordpress.com

Very Depressing in an election of our lifetime and needing a strong NRA... NYAG has accomplished her GOAL!!.... destruction of NRA, however, she is now just litigating a litany of management run amuck... greed, ego, corruption...at the Expense of Generous Donor Members, many of 50+years and more...and Our Guns and Gun Rights...

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, Larry, RIGHT AGAIN!! My resigned Board Member friend confirms this and said the premium would exceed the risk... a non-starter!!

No wise person with any assets would be a Board Member without this coverage!!

I have just heard that recent report now has NRA $30 Million In-the-Hole at this time... so collapse is probably imminent?? The real question, has NRA Foundation Assets been tapped or is it safe from these pirates??... how about the NRA Museum??....

I have also been referred to two websites, I have spent some time on both... makes me SICK!!-

www.nrawatch.org
www.nraindanger.wordpress.com

Very Depressing in an election of our lifetime and needing a strong NRA... NYAG has accomplished her GOAL!!.... destruction of NRA, however, she is now just litigating a litany of management run amuck... greed, ego, corruption...at the Expense of Generous Donor Members, many of 50+years and more...and Our Guns and Gun Rights...

I very much doubt they are $30 million in the hole. I’ll check it out. I quickly found 12/31/20. The NRA had almost $52 million of net assets.

Raiding the foundation would almost assuredly be an excess benefits transaction subject to tax and could get the 501c3 exemption revoked . I’d hope they would stay away from that .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could not find the 2021 annual report . However based on news reports , it would appear that the NRA made approximately $38 million in 2021.

Not all was good news. For example, the legal fees were massive .

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Well when you essentially run a Ponzi scheme I can see where legal fees would mount quickly when the house of cards collapses. Those at the top have been siphoning off funds for many years. 2020

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
That is pleasing news that NRA was able to attract that much revenue??!! Probably the annual to 3 year subscriptions?

I hope the Board can conjure up the gazoonies to clean house and start fresh with quality leadership...to save their own hides... especially with no liability coverage!!

With respect to NRA FOUNDATION, there is no honor or consideration among thieves!!...and who cares about tax consequences??!!

I hope you are right!! We need NRA!!

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could not find the 2021 annual report . However based on news reports , it would appear that the NRA made approximately $38 million in 2021.

No wonder the NRA pts their party tellamarketers yo hound members 4x times a day for money.

I never like WLP. He has no more God Given Right to run the NRA then others. Yet, a non profit, would ban anyone who challenged him.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No wonder the NRA pts their party tellamarketers yo hound members 4x times a day for money.

I never like WLP. He has no more God Given Right to run the NRA then others. Yet, a non profit, would ban anyone who challenged him.

I bet half what Americans spend goes to legal fees! clap

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, legal fights are necessary insofar as the Second Amendment is concerned. The politicians in our so-called "liberal" states are all enemies of our civil right to keep and bear firearms.

We have won some landmark cases in the Supreme Court. Heller. McDonald. Bruen. Huge cases.

But the “liberal” politicians immediately seek to undermine them by passing further and in some cases worse unconstitutional laws.

Litigation is therefore necessary.

On the other hand, all of this nonsense involving LaPierre and his stupid practices and venal moves and motives is totally unnecessary.

The NRA must be purer than Caesar's wife.

Under LaPierre, they have opened all of us up to constant attack, some of it warranted by their actions, IMHO.

It hurts me to say this, but it is way past time for us to oust LaPierre and his ilk, and reform the entire corporate organization.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Ain’t gonna happen. The BOD are all his cronies and the rank and file have no say in anything. thumbdown

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
WELL STATED, MIKE!! I totally agree!!

LET'S ROLL!!

Letters to President Cotton, key Board members, and BIG DONORS...beginning with Larry Potterfield, MIDWAY USA...he is holding WLP's hand and it must STOP!!

Those who know other big donors... please tell us!!

Our rights are at stake at the most important election of our times!! NO NRA!!

OREGON has Proposition 114 on the Ballot...DEVASTATING!! NOT A WHISPER ON TV ??!!
Maybe one of their little orange cards??!!...to MEMBERS...preaching to the choir...should go to EVERY VOTER, and TV BLASTS ANNOYING!!

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
JDollar, There has been a pretty significant resignation stream of high profile people, including TED NUGENT, long time WLP ally Tom Rathner.... on and on!!
The house of cards is crumbling!!

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The size of the board is far too large. I am told that was on purpose . The unfortunate reality is that to change the board size will require a change in governing documents. A vote of the members will be required . That will prove difficult.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I repeat myself. Ain’t gonna happen. The BOD is ridiculously large by design and nothing the membership can do about it. WLP planned this mess years ago to prevent any membership backlash.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The NRA BOD is setup just like the American political system.

Designed from the start to be so corrupt, and can never be fixed! rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...vil-trial-rcna132553

Wayne Lapierre resigns effective January 31.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9365 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Good^^^news!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote