New
Find
Notify
Tools

Embarrassing elephant hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
33 years as head of a non-profit, and living the life of a multi-millionaire. who'd have guessed, Mr Obvious?

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
And voting NRA members are now being asked to elect, and in the overwhelming majority of cases to re-elect, virtually one third of the members of the existing board of directors, 25 out of the total of 76(!).

I, for one, will only vote for candidates who have been nominated by petition of the membership, and NOT those endorsed by the nominating committee of the existing board.

And I will also vote for the long-overdue by-laws amendments instituting oversight of corporate officers and exposure of potential conflicts of interest.

Sad to say, these amendments were only proposed to avoid judicial dissolution of the organization and not (or only indirectly) by reason of sound and enlightened governance.

This has been a dark time for the NRA. We can only hope that better days are ahead.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
To Larry Shores:
They should also be put in jail for a good while to ponder thier deeds!!

To Michael Robinson:
So far only one By-law change to add a Compliance Officer!!
Many more needed, especially to reduce the Board to manageable number, and NOT influenced by VP EXEC. Director!!
I doubt WLP had little to do with influence this time, BUT I will not vote for any INCUMBENTS!! Especially Wayne Allen Ross, an 80+, curmudgeon attorney from Anchorage!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
To Larry Shores:
They should also be put in jail for a good while to ponder thier deeds!!

To Michael Robinson:
So far only one By-law change to add a Compliance Officer!!
Many more needed, especially to reduce the Board to manageable number, and NOT influenced by VP EXEC. Director!!
I doubt WLP had little to do with influence this time, BUT I will not vote for any INCUMBENTS!! Especially Wayne Allen Ross, an 80+, curmudgeon attorney from Anchorage!!

26 out of the 30 proposed by the Nominations Committee are already on the Board of Directors. This include former President Carolyn Meadows who was considered so ill that she could not testify in the NY trial either in person or virtually. They had to use her videotaped deposition from earlier.

Of the remaining four put up by the Nominating Committee, you have two who have worked for the NRA in the past, a transgendered woman, and Mickey Mantle's former mistress.

By contrast, the four who are on the ballot by petition include Jeff Knox, son of Neal Knox, who has been considered a persona non grata by the powers that be for a long time. You also have two who were whistleblowers named in the NYAG's trial that had suffered retaliation.

John Richardson
No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
Http://onlygunsandmoney.com

Posts: 67 | Location: Asheville, NC  | Registered: 21 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I offered to join the audit committee today . We will see what happens.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I offered to join the audit committee today . We will see what happens.

Thank you for being willing to serve. Hopefully you will be appointed. Your abilities are greatly needed.

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote