Find
Notify
Tools

A great hunter has gone....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
Yesterday was a very sad day.... my dad, Juan Carlos CASAÑAS, has left us, leaving behind a life full of respect, pride, honor and love - which make his abscence even more notorious and painful...

Now he is resting in peace, with our Lord

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
My Condolences. May God bless you in your time of grief.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Martin, my sincere condolences....may he rest in peace. I know that you and your family will never forget him, and he will live on in your memories.

These words come to mind...

Those we love don't go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martín: like I´ve said already in another place, my most sincere condolences. A big hug, we´ll pray for his soul. May the Lord bless him.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. I believe one of the hardest things in life is the loss of a father and your sounds like a very honorable man.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and others in your family. May he inhabit a better place where the game animals are all trophies and all of his shots go true.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much, my friends... Bill those words are really true... My dad is everywhere around my daily world, something that makes his absence even more painful...Every little thing I watch, hear or touch, has something of my dad´s attitude, experience or gesture in it... He is unseen, unheard, but always near... still loved, still missed and very dear !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
My condolences ,my friend ,ill call you later .
Please anything i can do just ask.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Brother ,i cannot feel your pain ,but i can make you to feel better just came to my farm a couple of days.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear this sad news.

My sympathy and condolences for your loss.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im sorry, this is one of the hardest moment for a man.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday was a very sad day.... my dad, Juan Carlos CASAÑAS, has left us, leaving behind a life full of respect, pride, honor and love - which make his abscence even more notorious and painful...

Strong hugs for you, dear friend.

One distant day, those very words will be said of his son.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, brother.

"Shoot hard, boys."

Posts: 115 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 17 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:

Now he is resting in peace, with our Lord

You have my sincerest condolensces. I'm steeling myself against the day when my world is diminished in a similar fashion.

He isn't a hunter. That was my Uncle. My Dad taught me to fish. And so many other things. He spent a career in one of the sea services and I followed in his footsteps.

I don't mean to be morbid, but when the sad day does come I will be accomplished enough with my trumpet to play Taps for him. None of that digital crap for my father; he deserves the best.

But I hope that day never comes.

Posts: 8938 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are diminished...

I remember the day my Father died. We had talked the day before, and he told me if he made it thru the winter, he and my Mother would drive out to Idaho from St Louis in the spring. It seems appropriate that a WWII vet would pass away on Pearl Harbor Day, 1999.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote