Notify
Tools

snake pict for Icki
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted
Juan and Icki,
Here is a big diamondback rattlesnake killed at Ft. Chaffee, Arkansas, just outside of Ft. Smith.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friend thats a snake ,i cant believe the size ,where it lived ,how old can the rattlesnakes grew,Juan
Steven cuando vengas de vas a ensenar a atrapar vivoras con la mano ,yo ya agarre varias pero culebras ,IKY
I told him to write in english but ,i supouse he thinks is guns in english classes Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Here's an interesting bunch of picts which show a large constrictor that swallowed a human. Although the caption says "South America", I believe that the snake is a reticulated python from Asia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48w3ZI_A2Pk

Steve
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
The tool being used to hold the snake is called "Pillstrom tongs". It was invented by a Ft. Smith doctor, Larry Pillstrom (he died several years ago, but his son still sells the tongs), while he was in school. It functions like a small tool we use in medicine called 'alligator forceps", which I am sure Juan has used in surgery.
http://members.aol.com/Mpillstrom/Home.html

I have a set of these tongs, and also a snake hook. Icki could use a little training before using a set on Jararas!

Two weeks ago, a lady friend was hiking at Lake Ft. Smith, and photographed a medium sized timber-rattler on the trail. In this month's National Geographic Magazine, there is an article on the Ozarks Highland Trail (165 miles of it) which starts there at Lake Ft. Smith.

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steven several years ago while hunting cimarrones with Juan i told him jump ,he jumped and i put a shot in a head of a yarara with my anaconda 44 magnum,he wasnt gratefull ,he said i prefer being bited than you blow my leg ,his not gratefull....

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote