Find
Notify
Tools

Saludos from New Member
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted
This is my first post as I have just joined the forum. My company recently assigned me to work in Latin America and I live in Buenos Aires. I love to hunt and I recently killed a nice, free range axis about 4 hours south of Bs As and killed more dove in 2 days in Cordoba than I had killed in my entire life. My wife and I are going for Red Stag and boar the week of 16 March in Rio Negro. My wife will be using a Merkel K1 in 7x57R and I will be using a Merkel K3 in 30-06. I look forward to meeting more fellow hunters in Argentina.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wellcome to AR and to Argentina.
Hope you enjoy hunting here.
Im 700 km south at Bahia Blanca but if I can help you in any way, please let me know.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Thank you and I hope we can meet sometime. Everyone in my company jokes that I took the new position in Argentina just for the hunting and fishing. My office and apartment is in Bs As.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Larry, you have just joined a good group with many members who together have hunted just about everywhere on this planet. Argentina has an amazing diversity of terrain, temperatures, and game. Welcome aboard, and good luck on your hunts.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Welcome, have a nice hunt on March !!! Rio Negro is one of the most beautiful place in Argentina for hunting, I will try a red stag in la Pampa with my S&W .500 Mag. on the same month, don't forget to try some wildboard hunt near BsAs river coast with Dogo & Knife, when You visit Cordoba again, remember that You have a friend here. Good Luck !!!. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Gracias, Guillermo. I will definitely look you up in the near future. I am eager to hear how the 500 S&W performs. I tested that revolver years ago before it was announced and I was very impressed with it. My biggest bore revolver is a Freedom Arms 454 Casull that I have had for years.

I went to the range today to check the zero of our rifles. I am more impressed with these Merkels everytime I fire them. I want to go after Water Buffalo later this year and want to use my Shiloh Sharps or Winchester 1895 in .405. What is your opinions on those combos for Water Buffalo?

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
You might want to hook up with some of the members of SCI's Argentine chapter in Buenos Aires, too. My granddaughter and I attended one of their monthly meetings in 2007 and had a great time. She still talks about that evening.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wellcome on board. Wink

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
Gracias, Guillermo. I will definitely look you up in the near future. I am eager to hear how the 500 S&W performs. I tested that revolver years ago before it was announced and I was very impressed with it. My biggest bore revolver is a Freedom Arms 454 Casull that I have had for years.I went to the range today to check the zero of our rifles. I am more impressed with these Merkels everytime I fire them. I want to go after Water Buffalo later this year and want to use my Shiloh Sharps or Winchester 1895 in .405. What is your opinions on those combos for Water Buffalo?

SFRanger7GP; A good bullet in the right place, over 1800 fps will do the job, otherwise ask to Teddy Rooselvelt´s trophys, je, je, Dr. Pozzi & Me took many w. buffalos with Our lever guns (45-70 Marlin Guide gun 18" barrel, similar ballistic compared with the .405) with Garrets, Hornady and Remington ammo, the last one with "Billinthewild" and me with the .500 S&W using 370 grs FN hard cast bullets, for me the best shot... in the neck (SNC), lungs and heart is another good choice when other shoot isn't possible, I never tried the "classic bisont shot" in the spinal column like old western commercial bisont hunters. Congratulation on Merkel beauties, Mr. S. Graves hunted many times here with His Merkel; water buff. and capivaras, those guns are true profesional tools, in double rifle forum You will find many info about Your rifles and some guys that work on Merkel factory that post their experiences and fantastic work. Regards. G

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
welcome to ARGENTINA i live in SAN FRANCISCO CORDOBA here you can hunt hogs ,doves, partriges,foxes ,pumas,cats etc i guide water buffalo free range in CORRIENTES ,ARGENTINA is a hunting paradise enjoy it.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote