THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    From the Jungles of Yucatan - Ocellated Turkey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From the Jungles of Yucatan - Ocellated Turkey
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Just posted some pics in the Bird Forum.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/9081070531

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course Yucatán is in North América, not in the Southern Hemisphere, but anyway congrats on your fine hunt. Like you, I loved the jungles around Chichén Itzá, the Mayan Riviera (and the beautiful Argentine and Brazilian girls seen there). Big Grin

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Ha ha ha....well you are technically right. But the Yucatan is more like Central America than North America. If Saeed had a Forum for Central America I would have posted it there.

P.S. Merida was full of pretty girls....I had to wipe the drool off of my chin couple of times Big Grin

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
Of course Yucatán is in North América, not in the Southern Hemisphere, but anyway congrats on your fine hunt. Like you, I loved the jungles around Chichén Itzá, the Mayan Riviera (and the beautiful Argentine and Brazilian girls seen there). Big Grin

Ricardo....I can go for the lovelies, but if you want to see chickens itchin, come on over to my place. nilly

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
That is a spectacular bird.
Just saw your post where you included the info about javelina and brocket deer, and the possibility of seeing jaguar and tapir. Very Interesting!

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@SGraves155
Thanks, glad you liked the bird.

Tapirs hang out near the waterholes so they are relatively easy to spot if you make your approach quietly. Jaguars on the other hand seem to be totally nocturnal and best time to see them is either in the evening near a waterhole or early in the morning.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector:
Ha ha ha....well you are technically right. But the Yucatan is more like Central America than North America. If Saeed had a Forum for Central America I would have posted it there. P.S. Merida was full of pretty girls....I had to wipe the drool off of my chin couple of times Big Grin

Sorry, but Central America is not a continent. Nainital is correct. It is the southernmost portion of North America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_America

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Mr. Quimby,
The hunt took place at the northern most end of the "green area" of the map you posted. A stone's throw from Guatemala and Belize (which are considered Central America). Of course technically you and Nainital are correct.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Yucatan is one of the 31 states of Mexico, and indeed has similar terrain and tropical vegetation and climate to what is found in Central America's Beliz, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.

However, as I said above, "Central America" is merely what we call the southernmost portion of North America, just as we say the "American Southwest," the "Midwest" and the "Far North" for other regions of our continent.

Depending upon the authority you choose, South America either begins at the Panama Canal or Panama's border with Colombia. All agree that Central America is not part of it.

No matter. You obviously had a great hunt down south (no matter what you call it). I especially envy you for taking that trophy class brocket deer.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Just added the Great Curassow in Bird Shooting Forum !!!

http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/8401065531