Find
Notify
Tools

Another cat.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
Yesterday I received this from a BsAs gunshop owner friend, is the nº3 from April to March 07/08, what I can said, What a f... lucky guy!!! Bravo !!! Marcelo

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
That's a good one! Did they use dogs or bait?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. What a great hunt that would be....in the night, maybe with dogs. WAs that Marcelo Soldero?

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
The hunter was Marcelo Romano, another hunting partner from BSAS that is Gunsmith and Gunshop owner, but his best talent is that He has a BIG ASS (Very Lucky) hunting Pumas, this was a casual encounter during the night, waiting in the blind for wildboards (3:00 AM), very usually the cats go to take some water for a few secons and if your a ready to shot, (Not sleping) , maybe you have the chance.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Lindo Puma !!!

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Cat. I had an experience with I was a young man. I lived at that time in SouthWest Florida and was hunting in the Fachehachee(SP)
Strand, part of the Big Cypress Reserve. I had gone down a tram road to get to my tree stand.
As I got about half way up the tree I happened to look around and the damn cat had been following me. I had my rifle slung over my shoulder and could not get off for a shot. Of course at the time I was only thinking of killing the damn cat, but fortunately for me that could not happen. They are protected. I will always wonder if the cat was following me with the thought of me being dinner or what. It sure as hell got my heart rate way up.

"La vida no vale nada sin El Honor"
Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Nice puma ,after hundreds of failed hunts ,i continue saying in cat hunt luck is very important .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Winggunner: that´s a rather common experience with cougars. A friend of mine went to La Pampa with his brother (a non hunter). The brother was casually walking for stretching his legs, when suddenly saw a puma following him, exactly like you. Retrieved a shotgun from the card and....presto!. A nice trophy. The brother hunter still gives you a full repertory of soldier words about the incident. Big Grin

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Luck, be a lady this day......in Arizona, where we have a very decent mountain lion population, most are taken by chance during other hunts. It is not all that unusual for a hunter to be "glassing" for Coues deer and spot a cat stretched out in the sun on a hillside. And a few are taken by hunters calling coyotes, bears or bobcats with predator calls.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote