New
Find
Notify
Tools

Juan , pics of Argentina pigs?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Juan, can you post pics of the different hogs/peccarries that you can hunt in Argentina? For instance, whats a Chaco peccary? Coastal hog? etc. Thanks!

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Well I am not argentinian (thanks God Big Grin) and I am not Juan, but here it goes..

Wild boars (uruguayan and argentinian) are european blood. They look like this:

White lipped peccary

collared peccary

There is also a bigger peccay (quilimero) but I don't have any picture of it.

Coastal pigs live in a very big swampy area south of Buenos Aires province and as they don't have any rocks or nothing to rub their tusks against, their tusks grow very long. Also they are very hairy, but we here are talking about a feral hog.

Hope it helps
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thanks my friend ,yes the peccary giant of chaco is called quimilero too ,the coastal hogs are hogs realeased by the spanish ,and some by the english in a swampy area ,due the special diet crabs and fish ,they grew very big with incredible tusks ,and long black hair.On some parts of Santa Fe and Cordoba near Mar Chiquita laggon there are giant hogs too ,but of course feral ,in the jungles of the north the feral hogs are small and mostly red -SALTA-province.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hi Juan,

Tell me more about those Salta pigs ? they are reddish ???

Do you have many feral pigs in the northern provinces ??

Thanks
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo ,yes in northen provinces there are areas with many ,many pigs for example in Corrientes in some areas are a pest,near my home in Santa Fe in the verdecita lagoon there are thousands of pigs ,locals call them caracoleros because they eat crabs ,i use to hunt buffalos there in an abandoned estancia and killed many with my 357 and my dogo paimun,a long time ago ,when you can hunt totally free,i hunt too in Malbran and Argentina area in Santiago del Estero ,i killed many,many hogs therein the national park of LOS PALMARES in Entre Rios they are considered a pest and you can hunt year round ,ITS VERY NEAR URUGUAY but you must contac a game ranger ,i have phones sso if you are intersted send me aPM,now thanks to some friends in Mar Chiquita lagoon there are many boars.If you are intersted i can put in contact with a great guide and IPSC champion that guides coastal hogs in Rio de la Plata river.But remeber that this summer ill drink some beers with you .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
collared peccary

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
CHOELE-CHOEL BOAR

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
RUSSIAN BOAR

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Santa Fe caracolero

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Malbran santiago del estero

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
a nice figth

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Guillermo Amestoy and PAIMUN and myself at Malbran.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Veru good pictures Juan !
I love those action pictures hunting with knives.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, love to see your dogs, hogs and knives. Please continue to give us more when you can. Been wanting to take my dogo out, he is ready.

regards,
Larry

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Off topic just to show my 458 made by guillermoamestoy.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Same rifle short and handy ,very easy to point .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan those are great photos, love those dogos. We hunt hogs in the swamps in Georgia too, very fun.

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Some feral pigs from last month in Chaco province:

chacoan peccary

feral pig taken with Juan's dogos and a knife

Collared peccary, Argentina

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote