One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by p3t3rsn:
My wife and I are both ordering Tesla's shortly. I am waiting for the extended range all wheel drive Model 3 and my wife plans on getting the Model Y when released. Gas up here in Canada is just outrageous and with the solar panels we are installing this year we should have enough power for our home and calls to be completely off grid.

Germany has the same solar energy profile as Fairbanks Alaska. Thru govt subsidies they have managed to make solar 6 percent of electricity generated/produced.

Imagine Florida going solar. One person in m my neighborhood has gone down Tesla solar roof path. When my roof needs to be replaced in 6-8 years I am going all solar. Tesla tiles should be in full production by then.

My f-150 is my last gas powered vechile in my life.

The Tesla is a 120 mile per gallon energy equivalent vechile. It is 5-6 x jump in fuel economy (energy equivalent).

Also electric vechile batteries are tied to consumer electronic/phone battery technology - the area of largest r&d in the world.

Mike

Mike,

not trying to be argumentive but where did you get the same solar energy profile between Fairbanks and Germany?

1- Germany is really different between the north and southern borders.

2- Fairbanks has a big deficit of solar energy during few months of what it s called winter ...

as a matter of fact my solar panels are working well starting mid march not that much in january and february the decline is really visible in november ... cant imagine what my northern cousins of Dawson city or Faribanks are meeting as real solar energy profile during their winters ...

http://globalsolaratlas.info/?...4.923542,-144.536133

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see ford bow out of the sedan market in the us.

Same time Tesla has a 400k plus backlog for the model 3.

The model y and new generation of electric suvs and Tesla pickup should be transformative to the auto industry.

I am really looking forward to the electric pickup truck.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tesla is having serious production and build quality problems and Elon's behaviour isn't helping matters...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/0...analysts-career.html

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Tesla is having serious production and build quality problems and Elon's behaviour isn't helping matters...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/0...analysts-career.html

Irrelevant to end outcome for the product produced. May or may not be bad for capital invested via tsla stock.

Elon Musk is a visionary - to be bothered by bean counters is beneath him Wink

Total capital raise is less than 10 percentn Of market cap. Easy raise.

The cars will be produced and they are damn good.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They may have lots of cool technology, but the build quality so far has a lot to be desired - if you believe the current Model 3 owners.

Tesla as a company has a long way to go yet. But I have been betting their stock since the beginning and haven't totally divested yet.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't recall the exact post or time frame, but a couple of years back, in a similar discussion, I predicted that Tesla would go broke. They will and are. If I had a deposit down on a "$30,000" (currently running in the high 50s or 60K) Model 3, I'd be getting it back in a hurry before you become a general creditor in bankruptcy. Last quarter they managed (and I use the term loosely) to lose over 8 million dollars A DAY.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tesla's P/E Ratio is -25.46 and Total Debt to Total Equity is 286.29.

They are not in serious financial crisis but if the Model 3 flops, they will be hurting. Unless they can solve their production problems and bottlenecks, the financial hole only gets deeper. Maybe their flamethrower will save them...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I don't recall the exact post or time frame, but a couple of years back, in a similar discussion, I predicted that Tesla would go broke. They will and are. If I had a deposit down on a "$30,000" (currently running in the high 50s or 60K) Model 3, I'd be getting it back in a hurry before you become a general creditor in bankruptcy. Last quarter they managed (and I use the term loosely) to lose over 8 million dollars A DAY.

Same story on amazon too in the firs 15 years. Tesla ain’t going bankrupt anytime soon. I am not too worried about my 1k deposit.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's because you can afford to lose it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, let's hope Elon can afford it. His little stunt yesterday cost him $2 billion today.

He's not exactly instilling confidence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sci...Tesla-2-billion.html

And others are painting not such a bright future for the company as well...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/0...k-is-worth-zero.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can see the far right salivating at the thought of Tesla filing for bankruptcy! They don't mind China or Germany leading the electric car market, but the thought of Elon Musk just makes them apoplectic! Never mind that their hero's companies have filed for Chapter 11 6 times!!!
Whether they like it on not, Musk's battery storage for homes, and the shingle solar roofs are visionary. Will they be the product people are using 20 years from now? Maybe not, but they ARE part of the development and engineering process.
Still these guys just NEED something to hate!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ummmmm who are you calling the Far Right and who here is cheering for Elon to fail?

Is pointing out the facts "salivating"???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tesla is the most disruptive technology company.

Electric cars, solar power and battery storage will be massively impact

Auto industry
Oil and energy industry
Regulated utilities

Not sure if tesla stock is a good buy but their cars sure are.

I can’t wait to see their pick up truck and their small suv model y.

I am looking forward to replacing all my ICE vechicles with electric ones.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.autotrader.com/car...l+3/Orlando+FL-32803

Model 3 used selling at a premium.

Time to burn the midnight oil and get production moving.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope your Model 3 has a BIG trunk. You will need it very soon.

Cool

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Ain't nothing that puts a smile on your face like the sound of a V12.

I dunno about you, but I'd rather be in bed with some hot blooded gal that moans and talks dirty than a silent one who lays there like a dead fish.........but then again that's
the difference between your wife and your girlfriend...45 minutes Wink

Actually I'm fixin to go drive the Panamera Turbo S Hybrid later today. My Panamera Turbo is faster n' shit as it is. I can't wait to see what adding 200 more horses to it will do.....

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm. Ain't nothing that puts a smile on your face like the sound of a V12.

Puts a smile on your banker's face too! There isn't a V12 made that can equal the torque of an electric motor at low rpms!!!!
Guess you could get an electric car and giant woofers to play the sound of a V12 Ferrari exhaust!
Get the best of both worlds!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting article on the Tesla Model 3.

https://www.freep.com/story/mo...ectronics/550308002/

Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Interesting article on the Tesla Model 3.

https://www.freep.com/story/mo...ectronics/550308002/

Peter.

I am skeptical of break downs

The bigs guys paid top dollar to get their model 3 cars to Germany.

Industry strategics do breakdowns in secret.

Most other breakdown are industry consultants trying to sell a story/consulting dig to sell side firms who sell it to their buy side investment clients.

Mike