Find
Notify
Tools

HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted
This thread is not meant to be in any way negative, but I can't seem to get a hold of Greg or anybody at the shop and I've been trying for five days.

I know a few of you also have rifles & actions on order and was wondering when was the last time you had communications with Greg, or maybe Greg visits this site and he'll see this post and contact me. Thanks, jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Greg two days ago. I got ahold of him in the shop.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well if you talk to him again, I'd appreciate if you ask him to contact me. Thanks, jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you guys ever get the rifles you ordered?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6609 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Nope, it was supposed to be delivered this month, but it's now scheduled for a June-July delivery. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Nope, it was supposed to be delivered this month, but it's now scheduled for a June-July delivery. jorge

Was the year mentioned? fishing Roll Eyes

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge:

I spoke with Greg last Thursday and he gave me a detailed update on my projects. I understand from Greg that Dave is back working at the shop and that is good news....

Hope all is going well...

Best,

jjs

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I wonder why he hasn't returned ANY of my phone calls or mails. IS he building an "N" action for you as well? if so, do you know if he's built them yet? Jim, if you do speak with him again, I'd appreciate you passing a message to him to call. Thanks, jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jorge, I think Howard also has two barreled actions being done, haven't heard from him on a date for completition though. Good luck

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
He's been trying to call in order to set up a visit. It appears he's having the same luck as me. Today, I'm calling every hour on the hour, maybe I'll get lucky. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I hope it works out for you guys as I know this was very special for Howard as he was having a matched pair built, one in right hand and one for his son in left hand.
Is Karl still involved?

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately Karl left the firm last year. He was one of the reasons I went with Hein. He was always very responsive to all my questions. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well boys, no answer & no emails or phone calls returned. Might have to ratchet up the DEFCON....jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have zero regrets about getting my deposit back from Hein. The constant delays in delivery times WITHOUT BEING NOTIFIED UNLESS I INITIATED IT were simply unacceptable.
Jorge, I hope it all works out for you in the end.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6609 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Hey gents, I'm just keeping this updated in the hopes that Hein sees it, or one of you guys that were fortunate to have spoken with him recently can pass him the message. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
randy your grudge is showing.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
any word yet jorge what was your last update? just wondering.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Crusher: I called today, three times, plus I resent the emails to this three (3) accounts and still no word. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
jorge,

Hope all works out for you and others who have deposits and projects with Hein. As I stated in the older Hein thread, I was close to going with Hein for a 338 Lapua project after exchanging emails and talking to Karl. You are right, Karl was great about communicating and responding to questions. When he left Hein and certain "issues" emerged I was glad that I didn't "invest" my dollars with Hein.

My best to Hein in their business but you HAVE to communicate with your customers AND produce the product in a timely manner!

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday my phone rang and it was Hein calling. I established a connection but there was nobody on the other end. I hung up and promptly called back and it rang and went to voice mail.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mildotfever:
jorge, I think Howard also has two barreled actions being done, haven't heard from him on a date for completion though. Good luck

You are right Mildot only they are actions only. Greg originally told me Feb delivery but then said he had some problems and would get them out next month. He stated they were 80% finished.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Still no word...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
:
...He stated they were 80% finished.

dont let it worry U..but Ive seen that number used before somewhere; jumping...(all in good Fun!)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I hope the Hein folks will soon resurface.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen I had an email from Greg waiting for me this morning where he assured me my rifle would be ready by 1 July and he is also in the process of shipping five rifles & actions but he did not specify as to whom. I asked him for SPECIFICS on my project and I will post that as soon as I get it. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you heard something from him. Just a few mintues to send emails makes a big difference to the customers.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good news jorge!

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
well, sort of good news anyway. Although the email acknowledged the 1 July completion, he did not respond (as of this morning) to my query regarding a progress report. I'm not in the "warm & fuzzy" range yet...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll take the over....... clap

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I'll take the over....... clap

Sorry but you lost me. Still no contact...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge:

For most pro football games there is a number of points, say 40, that you can bet if the total number of points scored by both teams is going to be over or under 40. Sometimes people do the same for time or days, say when a baby is due. Pick a due date and then the under is anything sooner, and the over is past the due date. As I said, I'll take the over......this is all in jest, although I'm sure the humor is a bit strained from you viewpoint, and I certainly hope you get you gun on time this time. Good luck.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Oh I get it! Haven't used a bookie in years since I stopped watching professional sports. Just couldn't stand the people in the game today as a whole. Oh and still no response to phone calls or emails. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you heard anymore from Hein Jorge?

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Nope, not a friggin' word or email. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I e-mailed Hein a little over a year ago regarding their singleshot action...still hadn` heard a darn thing coffee

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe they are in an "undisclosed location" with Dick Cheney, or hiding in a cave with Osama??

Cool

Perhaps the best thing at this point is to get a photo of the missing Hein folks onto milk cartons and on the missing persons bulletin boards at Wal Marts. banana

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I think they might have teamed up or at least taken lessons Blackburn. Have been unable to make contact since Aug.21.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
Maybe they are in an "undisclosed location" with Dick Cheney, or hiding in a cave with Osama?? Cool

when the truth comes out, Cheney will probably be sharing a cave with Osama, if he aint there already... rotflmo do U think their fighting over the top bunk? (Osama would be able give him shootin' lessons too Wink)
Sorry, this thread is about rifles,mostly Mystery rifles at that. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen: I'll have an update tomorrow on my next attempt to contact Hein and I'll report back, but something tells me I won't be hunting anytime soon with my 450. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Folks, Hein responded this afternoon. According to him, he has "all the parts" {sic} and he'll have the rifle roughly put together by 4/15. In the words of Ronald Reagan (God bless him) "Trust but Verify" so I've asked for pictures Smiler . Of course I'll post those when I get them...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member