Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture posting Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Tearing my hair out (what little I have left) trying to find the recipe to post pictures.

I now have an IMGUR account and have uploaded the photos to it.

Went to picture and clicked on "Copy Link". If I paste this link into a browser it shows the pic.

Used the image button in my AR post. It seems to correctly put the [IMG] and [/IMG] around the URL.

Problem is that the post just shows a little icon instead of the picture. If I right click on icon and open in new window the picture shows.

What am I missing?

thanks

Brad

BTW: I have also tried dropbox and amazon photos to no avail

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
I imagine there's more than one way to do it, but if you hover over the image, you should see two buttons in the upper right hand corner. Click on the one with the three dots:

Then choose "Get share links":

Then copy the link for "BBCode (Forum):

Just paste that link in:

and the image will show up in your post:

Having said that, I find postimages.org easier to use and there is link to a tutorial in my signature. One of the reasons is that, when you upload photos in postimages.org, you can automatically have it resize the photos to a width of 800 pixels, or other values. With imgur, AFAIK, you need to resize the photos before you upload them - one extra step, and if you forget, you have to srart over.

Good luck with posting your photos.

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote