New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures displaying in the thread Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted
I am struggling with how to have my pictures display in my reports instead of just links. I just posted mt Mexico Desert Mule deer hunt and could not fore the life of me get the pictures to display...

This is how I posted them using the Image URL button:

They open in a new tab if you right click and say open in new tab...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
Scott -
You need to upload to a service that offers image hosting. Your link to dropbox is not actually a link to the file, but a link to a web page that will display the image.

There are several services that host images for free ( postimage , imgur) as well as paid services like photobucket.com.

I've used both postimage and imgur. Postimage explicitly supports image hosting; when I last read imgur's terms and conditions, they seemed ambiguous.

I think postimage is quite easy to use and I've written up a tutorial on it. See the link in my signature.

Jeff

p.s. Here's your photo - it took about 30 seconds to go to postimages.org, set the width to 800 pixels, upload the photo, and grab the "Hotlink for forums" link.

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Thanks dude - I owe you some beers!!!

Much better now :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out!

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote