Find
Notify
Tools

Found a Zastava importer!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nemo .450 Thank you

Posts: 1018 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bumped for prof242's benefit.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
dang me ought to be hung.... been off AR for a while and had given up on our Zavasta order. Hopefull there are a few extras ordered.....

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
Elliot called me this morning and we have a deal....maybe two...Thanks to all that kept trying and made this happen. I'm not one that usually backs down from a difficult challenge, but this time I did and now I am a little ashamed of my self.

Thanks for making this happen.
CC

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the 375 H&H and 458 Win mag have crossbolts and/or a second recoil lug?

I received my Warne bases and QD rings today!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of pages back Roscoe has a picture of his Zastava LH it clearly shows a secondary lug. Cross bolts are not shown on any of their model 70 rifles. I dought they have them but I hope I'am wrong. Were almost there. Thanks again for setting it all up.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
Talked to my Gunsmith/State Rep/cube neighbor today, he has built a Zastava Mauser before. They have 2 lugs and from what he said need very little extra love, care and attn. to be really nice shooters. All they really need is the lugs lapped with alum. oxide till both touch. His advice was don't overdo it from the start.

Somewhere in the Salmon-Challis is a 370" Elk just waiting to get his picture taken with my new Mauser!

Genghis Khan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the ones I have seen have a third lug near the bolt and an anti bind rail. they are essentially fn commercial mausers. what's not to love here?

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I was asking about a barrel mounted recoil lug on the 458 Win mag.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the Zastavas web site you can look up a picture of the barreled action alone. It does not show a barrel mounted recoil lug. I guess time will tell.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Does anyone know if the 375 H&H and 458 Win mag have crossbolts and/or a second recoil lug?

Single crossbolt on the 'heavy magnum' models. A few pics of a RH one in this thread: http://forums.nitroexpress.com...&page=0&fpart=2&vc=1

These pics also show why the checkering could really use re-cutting!

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Frank

One of Us
Picture of tanz2007
posted Hide Post
Did the 375/458s end up being like $800 or $600?

Posts: 171 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanz2007:
Did the 375/458s end up being like $800 or $600?

$850 for the big bores.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
is there any talk of another order at a later date or did i miss that? i want to make a 9.3x62

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yzm19:
is there any talk of another order at a later date or did i miss that? i want to make a 9.3x62

KVar said that they would probably do this every 6 months or so. You can contact Elliot using the information provided earlier in the thread.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Patience my friends. On a good note I noticed Tally makes bases for the Rem 798 in low, med., and high for whoever is interested

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlfguns:
Patience my friends. On a good note I noticed Tally makes bases for the Rem 798 in low, med., and high for whoever is interested

I ordered and received them two months ago.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I originally checked my talley brochures for the Rem. 798 and didn't find it and decided to wait until the rifle is in my hands. I want to measure the height of the open sights before I ordered the correct height bases. Hopefully the open sights are well built and mounted.