Find
Notify
Tools

Found a Zastava importer!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
$250 for a fatter barrel, ouch. I'll still be calling tomorrow to get my order in.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
will talk to Elliot tomorrow and give him a deposit for a model 70 lh 6.5x55. Thanks George and Frank.

posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Elliott just informed me that the cut-off for orders is two weeks from today, February 10.

The guns should be at K-Var 90 days later.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Elliot at K-var and I ordered two LH Zastava's M70 in 6.5x55 se. There was a $100.00 deposit per gun total cost per gun is $589.00 plus shipping the cut off date to order is 2/10/2012. He said it will take 90 days for them to come in. Thanks again to Frank and George.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just placed my order.
Elliot wasn't sure about the 9.3x62 so he had to call. 9.3x62 is a go. Price is $600.00.
Thank you Frank and George for all the trouble.
My nephew would thank you but I don't think he is old enough to type yet. Smiler

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks FJOLD and George. I made my double order. Jim no barreled actions on this order only complete rifles 70 or 85's.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ordered a 223 with double trigger, & a 7 X 57 single trigger. Spent money in Vegas and did not even go!

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great minds think alike! Big Grin

Just ordered the same thing - a M70 in 7X57 with single adjustable trigger and a M85 .223 with a double trigger.

Figured for what the .223 would be used for the double trigger made more sense.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I didn't call until after 4:30 and they are closed then so I'll get my order in on Monday.

I'm thinking maybe I'll order a 7x57, see how this works and then order the 458 afterwards.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ordered a LH M85 and LH M70 from Elliott today. Thank you Fjold and George for making this possible!

Stephen

Posts: 7 | Location: Georgia, U.S.A. | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Guys, you are fortunate.

I cannot think of a single chambering that I need. Frowner

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are there LH "rimfires" also available?

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I forgot to mention that Elliott told me that the Model 85 is also available in .22 Hornet.

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the CZ452 has been replaced with the 455 and no more LH models are being made at this time, then there's the fact that both those models have that dreadful ass backwards safety, that i just can't live with!

The Browning T-bolt is only half LH, they F'ed up that one, by leaveing the ejection to the right.

Have you looked at the std. Cooper stocks lately?? Talk about screwing the customer! Not to mention how over priced their rimfires are!

As for Savage, they are pretty crude, but at least they are a decent rifle. I'm not sure they offer it in LH in 22WMR though.

There's also NULA in LH, but Melvin told me "no way" was he going to offer his rimfire in 22 WMR!

And then there's Anschutz. I have one in LH in 22 LR it's a very nice rifle. They don't offer it in 22WMR, and they don't offer the 54 action in LH...

SO, after looking at the picts. of the Zastava's, i was hopeful they had a 22 WMR in LH at a decent price, perhaps they will offer it later...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I must have deleted my post while editing it. Mad

I have no use for the .22WMR as its accuracy is unimpressive; both in the Ruger Single-Six and a Brno ZKM-611. The .17HMR round is a much better performer in my experience, on paper and on prairie dogs.

If you don't like any of the current LH rimfire offerings and have to have LH .22WMR, buy the Savage 93 in .17HMR and rebarrel to .22WMR.

That will tide you over until someone produces a LH .22WMR of your liking.

George

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Gents,

I forgot to mention that Elliott told me that the Model 85 is also available in .22 Hornet.

George

True, but that one's RH only. We had Beretta Australia ask.....

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally got curious enough to click on this thread when it kept getting to the top of the stack. I'm glad I did. I see that you boys are leaning toward M70s and large calibers. I'm more than covered in those areas, so I'm going to ask tomorrow if I can get an M85 in 7.62X39, double set triggers and possibly a mannlicher stock. The stocks look pretty sad and out of proportion on the website, and I remember the stock on a lefty .223 I sold years ago. However, the added value of the stock is that it can be recontoured and filled in with bondo and acraglas so that it can be used for a pattern for a copy in good wood.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gadge,

He was the one who mentioned it, so perhaps the .22 Hornet is now available in left-hand.

George

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Left handed M70 in 458 Win Mag on order.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered my 7.62x39. Elliot was easy to work with and it seems like it may not be a one time event. I held off on the 458 want to see how this works out. Thank you Fjold and George for getting the ball rolling on this deal.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 9.3 and a 458 Win. Thanks for putiing this together.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Elliott today and ordered a 7.62X39. I didn't realize until today that they aren't the importer, just the distributor. Works out to be the same thing because the importer only sells to K-Var. Wonder who the importer is....

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey everybody, just got off the phone with Elliott. I didn't order anything yet because I've got some questions.

Does anybody know how the double trigger operates. I assumed the rear trigger would decrease pull weight of the front trigger, but the gun could be fired with only the front trigger. Elliott said that the rear trigger had to be set in order to fire the gun. Has anybody played with these at all?

Also, is there any way to tell what the forend shape and checkering will be, and what the sight set-up will be.

Elliott said all the lefties would have the Monte Carlo butt, wasn't sure about the forarm or checkering.

Also, does anybody know the LOP or the mag box length of the 458.

I want a 6.5 Swede, and possibly a 458 depending on the set-up.

I found the righty 6.5x55 on the K-Var site, and it's listed as not having a front sight. The picture shows a rifle with a rear sight only. Anybody know the purpose of this?

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The double set trigger allows you to fire it with a heavier weight by pulling the front trigger only, or you can set the back trigger and then the front trigger will have a very light pull.

They translate it a bit awkwardly and call it "long pull" and "short pull", but every double set trigger I've ever seen operates that way. That is straight from their manual which is available in pdf form on their website. Click on Support > Download > Instruction manual, then click on the LK70 and LK85 link. I read it the other day but tonight I'm getting "web page not found" so maybe there is a temporary problem.

The magazine length of the .375 H&H and the .458 WM is 94mm, i.e. 3.7" long.

As to the actual configuration of the stock, I'm just going to open the box and yell to myself, "Surprise!". It will be what it will be and who knows, like the homely girl with raging hormones, it might be real comfortable. Wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Thanks for the info. I didn't notice the link before. It still isn't working, but I'll check it out later this week.

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fellas - FYI,

Elliot also mentioned that Right-Handed rifles in chamberings not currently available here in the U.S. can also be included in this Group Buy. This is an opportunity for Righties to pick up a 7x64, 8x57JS, or a 9.3x62.

Same pricing and T & C as with the Lefties.

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Gadge,

He was the one who mentioned it, so perhaps the .22 Hornet is now available in left-hand.

George

Fair enough, George. We'll be watching with interest, to see what you guys get your hands on.

It took Beretta Oz over a year to get any Zastava .458's at all, and still no lefties in that cal thus far.

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gadge,

This is a much bigger market, so perhaps that carries some additional weight in Kragujevac.

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for setting this up. I just got off the phone with Elliot and ordered a 458. Always wanted something over 40. Thanks again.

Steve

Posts: 182 | Location: On the Yentna River, Ak. | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Put my order in today for a LH M70 in 9.3x62. Elliot confirmed that the price will be US $600, which seems fine. I am getting the single trigger version. For a mid-size cartridge with 5 in the magazine, this is close to a bigger caliber dangerous game rifle, and I have those already.

He also confirmed that he expects to put together future orders, and I may get more then. So many nice calibers offered.

Of course, I imagine that such orders may depend on how well interest pans out on this one, so please act now if you want to see these in your rack. Based on what I've read of the Zastavas over the years, they will do the job as a REAL LH Mauser -- and you can always smith them up later if something doesn't suit you.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Just counting the "I just ordered a ...." posted here it looks like 18 guns have been ordered so far.

Frank

posted Hide Post
I still cannot figure out a chambering I need. Confused

George

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
If I Only bought guns I "need" my wife would be much happier! jumping

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Roscoe,

What I mean is that I do not have any gaps in my rifles. I've got it all covered, from .17 to .470: .17 Mach IV, .17 Rem., .22 K-Hornet, .223 Rem./5.56, .22-250, .243AI, .25-06, .270, 7mmRem Mag., .300 Blackout, .30-06, 7mmSTW, .300 Win. Mag., .300 Wby. Mag., .338 Win. Mag., .375H&H, .458AccRel, .470 Capstick.

My wife is very supportive of my gun-buying, as she shoots left-handed as well. Big Grin

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George,

There is a gap! I don't see any 6.5s. Now you have an excuse.

posted Hide Post
OK guys, I need a quick bit of advice. I plan on grabbing two of the rifles for a hunt anywhere rifle combo. One of them will be the 9.3x62 and the other should be? (I am leaning toward the 7x57 or 6.5x55)

Posts: 5 | Location: Out in the Wild Wild West | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Allan,

I figure the .25-06 and .270 have that gap bracketed. I had a 6.5JDJ once, and probably still have some 6.5 bullets left. Big Grin

penates,

Go with the 6.5x55. I hear it is a real game-killer.

George

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
My next order will be for a 7x57. There's just something about a classic Mauser cartridge.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George get a 9.3x62. It seems to have magical powers and you get join the 35 Whelen vs 9.3 threads. I want to get the .458 on the next round and ream it to a lott.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Oh, no!! Eeker

Then I'll have to sell my .375H&H and .338 Win. Mags. because I hear the 9.3x62 is the best, most super-duper, magnificent, round extant! dancing

George