New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a Zastava importer!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone confirm the price on the RH M70 in 93.62mm?

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Call and ask. The number is shown above.

The LH is $600, as confirmed to me, so the RH should be that or maybe a few dollars less.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Note the following post on Feb 1:

quote:
Originally posted by pinotguy:
Fellas - FYI,

Elliot also mentioned that Right-Handed rifles in chamberings not currently available here in the U.S. can also be included in this Group Buy. This is an opportunity for Righties to pick up a 7x64, 8x57JS, or a 9.3x62.

Same pricing and T & C as with the Lefties

I know that there's a football game coming up in 24 hours, but there are only 5 days until this batch order closes, so if you want to order in time to practice with your purchases in advance of hunting season, it is time to step up. I am surprised at all the agonizing, given what a rare opportunity this is.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anjin:

I know that there's a football game coming up in 24 hours, but there are only 5 days until this batch order closes, so if you want to order in time to practice with your purchases in advance of hunting season, it is time to step up. I am surprised at all the agonizing, given what a rare opportunity this is.

+1, I bought 458 Win Mag dies last year on the last attempt to do this.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Barrels:

The price for the RH 9.3x62 is $600 and $610 for the double-trigger model.

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinotguy:
quote:

The price for the RH 9.3x62 is $600 and $610 for the double-trigger model.

My thanks to those that responded. I read the entire thread and saw the 9.3x62 priced at ~$600 in one post and ~$859 in another.

I'll be calling Elliot Monday to place my order and deposit on a RH LK M70 9.3x62mm and 7x57mm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gadge:
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
I will inquire about LH barreled actions at that time, but you may be better off with a complete rifle in terms of cost.

George

That's pretty much the way it worked out in Oz. To give you an idea, a bare Heavy Magnum action is ~66% of the price of a complete rifle with walnut stock here. You'd be pushing it to fit even an Adams & Bennett barrel and Boyd's stock, for that money.

The Zastava stocks we get are a very practical design too, but need a light rub back and a few coats of Tru-Oil. The actions can benefit from a little smoothing work, but that's seen as acceptable in a rifle at the price of these ones.

The blokes that have bought them seem very pleased with the accuracy they get, too.

Any possibility that one of the member from Oz or CA could post a pic? Just trying to gauge the quality/figure of wood that one might expect.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I read the entire thread and saw the 9.3x62 priced at ~$600 in one post and ~$859 in another

Retail vs. dealer price, perhaps?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
quote:
I read the entire thread and saw the 9.3x62 priced at ~$600 in one post and ~$859 in another

Retail vs. dealer price, perhaps?

George

Not sure. Called Elliot this AM and placed my order and deposit on the 9.3x62 and 7x57.

I did not ask, but I suspect that the $600 vs $859 price post elsewhere in this thread was because the 9.3x62 was confused as or grouped with the big bores (375H&H and 458s), when in fact it is based on the standard action. Just my guess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Elliot this afternoon and he said he has deposits for 34 rifles so far. He said he is hoping to have at least deposits for 50 rifles by the cutoff date. This will help future orders have a better chance of happening.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put my order in today for a 6.5x55 with double triggers.

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do we have a choice on stocks on the model 70 & 85 Monte Carlo or Hog back? What kind of stock is shown in the following link?
Will call Elliot tomorrow and ask.Jim, did you specify stock? Monte Carlo or Hog Back, or do we have a choice. What style is on the pics of this link?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home...t_direction=0&page=4

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kurt, I specifically asked for a monte carlo stock. The ones pictured on that link are all monte carlo style. The comb of a hog back has a continous curving line that "droops" toward the rear.

I'm still a bit perplexed on the 7X57 and the oher metric calibers like 9.3X62. Elliot did take my order for a 7X57 even though that chambering is not shown on any of those pages on the K-Var website.

Also curious about why they would supply a rear sight but no front sight?

Oh, well, as noted earlier in the thread, I'm just going to open the two rectangular boxes when they get here and yell "Surprise!".

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kk alaska:
Do we have a choice on stocks on the model 70 & 85 Monte Carlo or Hog back? What kind of stock is shown in the following link?
Will call Elliot tomorrow and ask.Jim, did you specify stock? Monte Carlo or Hog Back, or do we have a choice. What style is on the pics of this link?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home...t_direction=0&page=4

From what I gathered thru this thread, the stock will be Monte Carlo. And like Jim in Idaho, I am perplexed as to why a rear sight is pictured, but no front sight on the K-Var site (though the Zastava web site clearly shows both on the LK M70). . .and unless someone can gather an answer from Elliot, I too will bellowing "Surprise" in May or June.

BTW, still hoping one of our OZ friends can post a picture of the wood on a Zastava so we can see what to expect - other than the 'airbrushed' picture on the web site(s).

posted Hide Post
+ 1 6.5 x 55se for me.

Like the others, will see what the 'surprise' brings! Smiler

Posts: 4 | Location: SW Alaska | Registered: 18 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called and talked to Elliott and he wasn't sure why they didn't come with a front sight. He also told me that the pictures on the Zastava site are stock photos. I think the picture of the LH M70 is the same as the M70 Lux, not the M70 standard. And it looks like only the 375 and 458 come with a front sight.

Calling my order in tomorrow.

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just went for a .270 and a 9.3x62, that just about covers the globe, except for elephants and whales.

Posts: 5 | Location: Out in the Wild Wild West | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called Elliot this morning and confirmed my stocks will be Monte Carlo as pictured. Plus asked about the sights he said we had to specify, asked for front and rear sights on my LH rifles. Don,t like surprises!

kk alaska

posted Hide Post
I will have to call tomorrow, I definately want irons on my rifles.

Posts: 5 | Location: Out in the Wild Wild West | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I called Elliot this morning and confirmed my stocks will be Monte Carlo as pictured. Plus asked about the sights he said we had to specify, asked for front and rear sights on my LH rifles. Don,t like surprises!

Thanks KK. Good info.

Guess I'll call Elliot in the AM and request that my 9.3x62 be ordered with both front and rear sights; 7x57 w/o, and both with Monte Carlo stocks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If any one calls please confirm that the LH 7 X 57 is available in this order. At least 2 of us have them on order and some confusion as to availability. Do not want to keep pestering Elliot. Thanks Kurt

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Elliot and he is planning to order all of the LH rifles, both the Model 70’s and Model 85’s, with front and rear sights and with a monte carlo stock. Also, that the 7X57 is definitely available.

He is going to send in the order on Friday, 2/10. If anyone wants a different option than front/rear sights and monte carlo they would have to contact him before Friday.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a 6.5x55 with DST. Total order is up to 43 rifles.

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if you can make a 416 rigby out of the 375h&h?? They are just a bit different in length.
If so I'm going for a 375

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it has been done in the past, i have seen pictures of them, but it is my understanding it is not easy or cheap.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yzm19:
Does anyone know if you can make a 416 rigby out of the 375h&h?? They are just a bit different in length.
If so I'm going for a 375

It would need quite a lot of work to turn the .375H&H into a .416 Rigby. Much less work is needed if you rebarrel to .416 Remington.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My order is in. Yippee!

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just off the phone and my 9.3x62 is #47!!! There hoping for 3 more. Thanks to all that worked and never let this deal die! Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called to confirm sights and stock on my RH models. AS of 3:30 CST, Elliot said he had 48 orders and deposits.

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Yup, Elliot emailed me to confirm that all orders will be for front and rear iron sights and with monte carlo stocks.

If you want something else, check directly with him while you can.

Interesting to see how many orders are for 9.3x62 caliber.

Norman Solberg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting to see how many orders are for 9.3x62 caliber.

6 or 7 seven - maybe more - by my count using input from this thread as a basis.

T minus 91 (give or take a few says) and counting Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kk alaska:
BTW, still hoping one of our OZ friends can post a picture of the wood on a Zastava so we can see what to expect - other than the 'airbrushed' picture on the web site(s).

Run a search on Zastava at http://www.shop.tradeexcanada.com/
They have real pics up.

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As a long time forum lurker I'm proud to report that Elliot processed a M70 single trigger in 270 Win for me this morning....rifle order number 50.

Posts: 8 | Location: Orlando FL | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of 2:34 eastern time I'm down for a single trigger 25-06. He told me he was hoping to do orders at least semi-annually and maybe even quarterly if there's enough interest. Heaven help my bank account if I really like this rifle!

Thanks for all the hard work in pulling this together! Now the waiting begins...

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swore I would never buy another bolt action rifle but simply could not resist!
Called in my order today for a 30-06 with double trigger, 9.3x62 with single trigger, and a .22 with the premium wood stock.

Was a little apprehensive at first but after talking to Elliot quickly developed the feeling he was very proficient at what he is doing and have a good feeling about the entire order.

George, big thank you for doing the initial leg work on thisSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Swore I would never buy another bolt action rifle but simply could not resist!
Called in my order today for a 30-06 with double trigger, 9.3x62 with single trigger, and a .22 with the premium wood stock.

Was a little apprehensive at first but after talking to Elliot quickly developed the feeling he was very proficient at what he is doing and have a good feeling about the entire order.

George, big thank you for doing the initial leg work on thisSmiler

Been wondering where you were on this!

I'm way to far extended to even think about a rifle purchase now. I'll just keep track of you and buy what you get tired of after you accurize it. I'm still a little bothered that I didn't buy your .458 or that Dakota you had.

Hope thigs are good i your neck of the woods.

Posts: 9212 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 7x57 today. I vacillated for two days between it and the 7x64. But in the end I already have dies and brass for a 7x57 so the pragmatist in me won out. Elliot seemed like a real nice fellow and said we were up to 59 rifles an hour ago. Wow! Good job guys.

Mart

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Please include me in an order of a 9.3x62 MM Rifle, LH, Front and rear sights, Monte Carlo Stock.

Thanks,
David

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Run a search on Zastava at http://www.shop.tradeexcanada.com/
They have real pics up.

Don't know how representative this is of all their wood. Not something to write home about but it looks to be a decent enough handle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dai:
Please include me in an order of a 9.3x62 MM Rifle, LH, Front and rear sights, Monte Carlo Stock.

Thanks,
David

Just in case you were not aware, the orders need to be placed with Elliot.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote