Find
Notify
Tools

Overnight in Windhoek
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Can someone recommend a place to stay overnight in Windhoek that would pick us up at the airport (with guns). Arriving at 9:30 PM Easter Sunday

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
If you make a reservation at Casa Piccolo, they can arrange a cab for you. Email Claudia at Casa Piccolo and she’ll take care of you.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I booked my tickets in August and they have been changed 10 times so far because of airline schedule changes.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sound like Air Namibia.

Posts: 99 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 07 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Claudia at Casa Piccolo was very easy to deal with. It turns out that my PH had already made accommodations so I didn't need to stay there but just from dealing with them via email they seemed to be very nice and well organized.

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
So what's the best airline(s) to WDH from the USA these days? Not keen on going thru JNB shakedown. Through Frankfurt? I see some of those now stop in Luanda. That's got to be worse than JNB.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see some of those now stop in Luanda.

I flew KLM Amsterdam to Windhoek and stopped in Luanda in May of 2017 You don't get off the plane. Not much to see, but it wasn't much of a problem, either. I'd guess we were on the ground 90 minutes, but my memory is a little hazy at this point. I wasn't traveling with a firearm, so did not have to worry about that.

Posts: 682 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm flying Condor Direct to Windhoek from Frankfurt couldn't get Business class for every leg of the journey starting at Portland, Oregon so they want to charge me $85 per leg that's not Business for my Rifle.

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Qatar Airways via Doha.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13170 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm flying KLM from Houston to Windhoek in May. Just one stop in Amsterdam both ways (although the layover in Amsterdam is 15 hours on the outbound leg). Best price I've ever seen for U.S. to Namibia at the time I bought a few months ago. Price has gone up since then, but bounces around, so keep watching until it falls into your comfort zone. It does stop to let off passengers and refuel in Luanda, Angola, but since they won't let you off of the plane if you're bound for WDH that seems irrelevant.

Not taking any guns this time, but KLM seems willing to accommodate if you work with them ahead of time. Will report when we return in June.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Am staying at the Arebbusch lodge in Windhoek at the moment prior to flying home.great place to stay, take tented chalet.they will arrange to collect you from Hosea Katuko airport.
+26461252255. Or reservations@arebbusch.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
United, Ethiopian and SAA business class. SAA was the same as Ethiopian but the seat adjustment on SAA sounded like it was going to fail any minute when I adjusted it.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, Are those photos of the Ethiopian cabin ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2026 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Frank, Are those photos of the Ethiopian cabin ?

The top one is United, the bottom is Ethiopian Airlines

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank;

Have a great time!!!

Best regards, Darin