New
Find
Notify
Tools

CHEAP Flights To Africa!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't laugh, I did. My first safari no less.
This old red headed hag was seated right next to me on my return flight from Joburg. I was talking with hunters around me and we were recounting our individual hunts when she got real upset. Called me barbaric and an idiot. Called the people around me names. Really weird. Made that short little 20 hr flight seem really long. LOL
I was surprised to find that she was on a safari. But not to find out that it was a picture safari.
I can only assume since she was on her own that she'd hoped to come to Africa and play 'cougar' and find a young PH. Instead she made everyone on the flight miserable.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
My son has as T-shirt that says:

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Most of the PETA folks I have met are angry and hateful, and tend to forget to care for their pets appropriately. And they want to force their ideas of proper behavior down our throats.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I once knew a fellow who used to travel a good bit. One day he was on vacation with his wife. It was winter and quite cold, so she was wearing a fur coat to keep warm. They had boarded the plane and were waiting for it to take off, when a woman, their neighbor, leaned over and asked his wife quietly, "Do you know how they killed the poor animals that were skinned to make your coat?"

Without missing a beat, my friend replied "Oh, I bit their heads off with my teeth."

The PETA type was stunned for a moment, but couldn't help but laugh at the response. She also kept her opinions to herself for the remainder of the journey.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the troops have more leg room!!!!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
bluefin, you should have leaned up real close to her face and said: "Hey...you ever heard of Soylent Red?" Big Grin She might remember that Charlston Heston movie.
LDK

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and here i thought that airlines were all out of ideas to abuse people

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abob:
My son has as T-shirt that says:

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

This made me remember that in the early days of the internet someone registered the www.peta. site as the People Eating Tasty Animls site before PETA did.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually the troops have a "LOT" of room. If you look closely you see that those are British troops in the picture. US Troops in similar circumstances who "know the drill" bring their poncho liner (aka a blanket) sleeping mat (foam mat), and a sleeping pill, and spread out. Helluva lot better than 17 inch seats with 31 inches of pitch and 5 inches of recline. You may not have your best sleep ever, but it's better than waking up with a dead butt.

Think that trip sucks? My 3 worst ever:

Military transport across the Atlantic. First the pilot forgets he has passengers in with the cargo and turns off the lights and ventilation. Imagine his surprise when someone with a flashlight found their way to the cockpit!

Later the same genius forgot to tell us about an in-flight refueling. THUD! OH S***. OOPS, SORRY. homer

Commercial flight into Washington National (now Reagan)--front tire blew on landing. That airport is like a big carrier--NO room for error. I got upgraded to first class, so I was "right in the action" when the wheel went POP. shocker

Trip to San Fran via Chicago for business. I got on the plane in NY the day after the World Cup at Giants Stadium, and the NY Gay Games. Roll Eyes Between the Brokeback Mountain Baton Twirlers dancing and the "Clubo Argentino De Chicago de la Football" (or whatever the hell they were) nillyit was like a 7 AM flight on a packed bar on Friday night. Helluva way to start the work week.

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
I like to remind PETA members that at least we didn't waste the fur and dump them into a trash bin.

PETA Kills Animals

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try a c130 nonstop from bragg to da nang with troops and conex containers

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Brian you win!

Only good news about C 130s--they can't land on carriers.

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to fly to school in a old Vickers Viscount. After the gooks shot one down over Kariba, kids were ferried by the airforce in WWII vintage C47's with seats facing each other and, most importantly...Which couldn't climb above thr turbulance (and reeked of puke and av gas) I remember landing at Kariba with 32 kids chucking their guts up one hot october day..

Moral- if you fly low enough who cares who is oposite you- you can all be miserable together Wink

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I went through jump school we used c119 and c47's, so, Ganyana, I understand!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only good news about C 130s--they can't land on carriers.

A short Google-fu kata says otherwise.

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thinks cheap flights to Africa, going through Joberg and beyond, are a thing of the past until after the World Cup next year. I have been told flights are already filling up and prices are climbing as I speak. This will be much more of a problem for outfitters in RSA and points beyond if travel through Joberg is the routing, than the current economic crisis. Extra cost and hassels will keep many at home I am afraid.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote