Find
Notify
Tools

Global Entry revoked
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I don’t have GE. I travelled abroad 3 times this year, returning once through ATL and twice through MIA. Never took more than 10 minutes.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Any time you have to ask your government for a favor, for something that should be a right, you are screwed.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonW28:
quote:
Originally posted by bobby7321:
When I first got global entry, it saved my butt multiple times. The GE lines were noticeably shorter and moved very quickly. Lately, it seems that either global entry is slower or the other lines are being run by the masterminds at Chick-Fil-A and moving just as fast. Maybe just a coincidence

I have noticed the same thing and actually mentioned it to my wife last week when we were returning from Mexico. GE used to really speed up the process and now it seems like it takes as long or longer than the regular line. Not sure why but if CBP doesn't like the idea of GE then they ought to cancel the program. I'm thinking about trying the "regular" line next trip and see if there is any issue with me doing it.

The TSA pre check and the ability to use the immigration kiosk have been great for me. I breeze through looking at the poor souls in the regular line at 6:00am. Oddly, DFW has not even had the customs check the two times I’ve traveled abroad this year.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a slight update.

We filed a Freedom of Information Act request. A bunch of documents showed up. A hell of a lot was redacted. However, there was one interesting thing.

There is a document related to the 2022 renewal of my Global Entry. The reviewer approved it. However, the supervisor denied it based on the "totality of circumstances." Not sure what the hell that means. My guess is that is has something to do with where I have traveled and the number of times I traveled with guns.

I have a call with the lawyers tomorrow.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have a slight update.

We filed a Freedom of Information Act request. A bunch of documents showed up. A hell of a lot was redacted. However, there was one interesting thing.

There is a document related to the 2022 renewal of my Global Entry. The reviewer approved it. However, the supervisor denied it based on the "totality of circumstances." Not sure what the hell that means. My guess is that is has something to do with where I have traveled and the number of times I traveled with guns.

I have a call with the lawyers tomorrow.

Lawyer speak for “because I can”

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
In the law, the totality of the circumstances test refers to a method of analysis where decisions are based on all available information rather than bright-line rules.[1] Under the totality of the circumstances test, courts focus "on all the circumstances of a particular case, rather than any one factor".[2] In the United States, totality tests are used as a method of analysis in several different areas of the law.[3] For example, in United States criminal law, a determination about reasonable suspicion or probable cause is based on a consideration of the totality of the circumstances.[4]

Description[edit]
Cathy E. Moore described the totality of the circumstances test as a "balancing approach" rather than a strict application of "analytical and evidentiary rules",[5] and Michael Coenen wrote that a totality of the circumstances test is the "antithesis" of an "inflexible checklist".[6] Likewise, Kit Kinports has described the totality of the circumstances test as an analytical framework where decision makers are not bound by "rigid" rules, but instead are free to consider a range of evidence when making decisions.[7] John Barker Waite also contrasted the totality of the circumstances test against rigid rules; he wrote that a judge's determination about a defendant's guilt will always be based on their reactions "to the totality of the circumstances", and the basis for such determinations cannot be "reduced to rule".[8]

History[edit]
As early as 1937, the Supreme Court of the United States held that a totality test should be used to determine whether an individual qualifies as a "farmer" under United States bankruptcy law.[9] In its 1983 decision in Illinois v. Gates, the Supreme Court held that the totality of the circumstances test should be used to assess whether an anonymous tip is sufficient to provide probable cause.[10] Writing for a majority of the Court, Justice William Rehnquist explained that a totality test was superior to a bright line rule because magistrates would not be "restricted in their authority to make probable cause determinations".[11] In its 2013 ruling in Florida v. Harris, the Supreme Court affirmed that "lower court judges must reject rigid rules, bright-line tests, and mechanistic inquiries in favor of a more flexible, all-things-considered approach."[12] However, some scholars have suggested that the Supreme Court's recent rulings in Florida v. Harris and Prado Navarette v. California represent a departure from the Court's prior totality test jurisprudence by introducing "drug-dog and drunk-driving exceptions to the totality-of-the-circumstances approach."[13]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
In the law, the totality of the circumstances test refers to a method of analysis where decisions are based on all available information rather than bright-line rules.[1] Under the totality of the circumstances test, courts focus "on all the circumstances of a particular case, rather than any one factor".[2] In the United States, totality tests are used as a method of analysis in several different areas of the law.[3] For example, in United States criminal law, a determination about reasonable suspicion or probable cause is based on a consideration of the totality of the circumstances.[4]

Description[edit]
Cathy E. Moore described the totality of the circumstances test as a "balancing approach" rather than a strict application of "analytical and evidentiary rules",[5] and Michael Coenen wrote that a totality of the circumstances test is the "antithesis" of an "inflexible checklist".[6] Likewise, Kit Kinports has described the totality of the circumstances test as an analytical framework where decision makers are not bound by "rigid" rules, but instead are free to consider a range of evidence when making decisions.[7] John Barker Waite also contrasted the totality of the circumstances test against rigid rules; he wrote that a judge's determination about a defendant's guilt will always be based on their reactions "to the totality of the circumstances", and the basis for such determinations cannot be "reduced to rule".[8]

History[edit]
As early as 1937, the Supreme Court of the United States held that a totality test should be used to determine whether an individual qualifies as a "farmer" under United States bankruptcy law.[9] In its 1983 decision in Illinois v. Gates, the Supreme Court held that the totality of the circumstances test should be used to assess whether an anonymous tip is sufficient to provide probable cause.[10] Writing for a majority of the Court, Justice William Rehnquist explained that a totality test was superior to a bright line rule because magistrates would not be "restricted in their authority to make probable cause determinations".[11] In its 2013 ruling in Florida v. Harris, the Supreme Court affirmed that "lower court judges must reject rigid rules, bright-line tests, and mechanistic inquiries in favor of a more flexible, all-things-considered approach."[12] However, some scholars have suggested that the Supreme Court's recent rulings in Florida v. Harris and Prado Navarette v. California represent a departure from the Court's prior totality test jurisprudence by introducing "drug-dog and drunk-driving exceptions to the totality-of-the-circumstances approach."[13]

I give up. Please interpret this gooblygook into plain English…. popcorn

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dollar

From what I interpret of this, the person can use what ever discretion he or she wants.

And not be held accountable in the how they came to their conclusion.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
In other words, Wesheltonj is right… Good to know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect Larry’s earlier post where he described his interaction with a couple of pissant CBP officers has everything to do with this. It’s a damned shame that some low level govt employee has the power to do this sort of thing but, unfortunately, it looks like they do. There is absolutely no way of knowing what information those guys put into the “system”.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I applied for renewal of my Global Entry in October 2022. I haven’t heard or seen anything in 5 months. I can’t find an email or phone number to question why it’s taking so long. Any tips?

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I just got off the phone with my lawyer. After reading all of the documents received under the FOIA request, he has absolutely no idea why I was rejected. Everything he saw was squeaky clean.

He is having a call with someone this week from CBP. He hopes to have more info after the call. In the meantime, he has advised to :

1- Reapply.

2- Contact a particular congressman who I sat next to for hours at a function. I mentioned this to his aid who said he would gladly help.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
When i had issues, i went to the airport walked in to customs and border control office and made an appointment to ask about my global entry.

When i received my interview date i went prepared. Pictures of my vehicle and license plate, insurance papers, copy on my drivers license and my passport.

The officer brought me up on line and we went through the questions one by one. I provided the above information when asked. My out of country travel was reviewed and simple questions about what you were doing. I called it tourism to areas i have not been before. But then again i do not go back to the same locations when i have been hunting in Africa.

Then, I was asked about why i needed global entry and why i had my vehicle set up for border entry and had never used it.

Some times global entry has Been beneficial and other times not so much.

My wife does not have global entry and the few times we have traveled international i could not use it. And now she decided not to renew her pass port. Maybe she will change her mind some day as she would like to travel to Ireland and Scotland. And travel these day is moving to her short list the closer she get to 80.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of you may be following the controversy regarding certain hunts in Pakistan. Two people have been indicted.

I hunted with the same company in 2021. I am wondering if this investigation of the alleged illegal acts by others has something to do with the termination of my Global Entry. My lawyer thinks it is possible.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some of you may be following the controversy regarding certain hunts in Pakistan. Two people have been indicted.

I hunted with the same company in 2021. I am wondering if this investigation of the alleged illegal acts by others has something to do with the termination of my Global Entry. My lawyer thinks it is possible.

Lovely!

You are GUILTY until proven innocent?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Read that article a few days ago and then saw that this thread had been updated and was thinking the same thing.

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I just sending in my renewal for Global Entry.

The web site indicated that there was high demand and it could take a couple month's for processing, and there may or may not be an interview for additional information.

We will see how it progresses.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

posted Hide Post
My Global Entry card was due to expire Nov 2023. In April 2023, I renewed my card online expecting a long wait. I did not track the actual date of submission but I got my new card several days ago! Maybe a two-week turn-around...I was very pleased and activated my new card immediately. Hope yours goes well! Good luck!

Posts: 8 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 23 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I applied for our renewals in October. She received hers a few months ago and mine still shows as pending. The only difference with ours is I traveled to Turkey and Kazakhstan without her. Also I usually travel with a firearm which gets me the red X across my picture so I have to go through customs anyway. I haven’t flown in a couple of months so I don’t know if I still have pre-check or not. Headed to Alaska next week so I guess I’ll find out.

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Same here, my Global Entry expires in November '23 and I got an email that due to abnormally high volume they would accept my on-line application early and give me an extra year eligibility for doing so. I followed the link and immediately reapplied. It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't received any other emails telling me they received my application so I am sitting and waiting... we will see. Did look on-line and it is pending. Like many others on this board I have traveled to some "interesting" locales, which when listing for renewal, made me wonder if mine might require closer inspection. Pakistan, Ethiopia, Uganda, Turkey to name but a few.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Hi Larry,

Any up date on your Global entry?

I have not received anything on my renewal process.

And as I was checking on my renewal I was thinking about your issue.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No sir.

Through an attorney , I filed an FOIA request to find out why. There was absolutely nothing problematic in what was provided.

I was advised to apply again which I did. If they deny the application, the lawyers are going to sue them.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
I would get your US SENATOR'S office involved in the investigation too!! More horsepower than Representative, and hopefully a gun savvy Republican from Florida!!
Something stinks here!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Larry,
I would get your US SENATOR'S office involved in the investigation too!! More horsepower than Representative, and hopefully a gun savvy Republican from Florida!!
Something stinks here!!

Already tried although the congressman was from another state. They basically told him no and to not bother them again. Unbelievable.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
Try again with your own US SENATOR, be overbearing, and demanding, they can't blow you off!! Remember 2024 is an election year!!
Then make an appointment with the office where you went for your first interview and get them involved. Again be demanding and overbearing, persistent!!
The problem is, there are many reasons for denial, but they might just be using one to avoid the processing because they are overwhelmed, and under staffed...most govt employees are not rocket scientists and take the easy route rather than discussing it with you and fixing it.

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote