Find
Notify
Tools

European hunts recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello folks

I'm an Australian that will be travelling to Greece in late June for an extended period, up to 12 months.

Through family and friends, I'll have bird and boar hunting opportunities locally.

While I'm there I'd like to do a few hunts else where in Europe, preferably big game, but shotgunning as well.

A Swedish moose hunt would be high on my list.

I'd appreciate your advice about hunts I should consider, along with recommended guides. I'm not interested in record book trophies, simply enjoyable hunts that are reasonably priced.

Thank you in advance.

James

Posts: 162 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We did ibex & chamois with Hunt Trip Spain in December. It was fantastic.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi Spartan,

I would reccommend, the trophy boar hunt in Romania as we have had some really big boar taken there.

In addition Ibex in Spain is excellent but another EXCELLENT value varied hunt to my mind is the Red, Fallow and Mouflon hunt in Portugal.

For Birds the list is wide and varied depending on your preferences but walking up some woodcock and snipe over dogs is a great experience and some of my favourite sport here in the UK along with wild ducks and geese.

Regards,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I and 3 mates had a great mixed bag hunt( red stag, roe deer and boar) in Poland at a very reasonable price . Do a google search for Foret Pol hunting agency.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted three species of chamois, three species of ibex and barbary sheep in Europe, together with boar, roe, red, fallow, goats, muntjac, water deer, sika etc
The stand out hunt for me was Barbary sheep.
All of the other mountain species were shot the first morning of the hunt. That's not to take anything away from them, there are just a lot of animals and it was easy to find an animal that met my criteria in terms of age, and trophy quality.
Barbary were way more switched on than the other species and much more challenging. I'd put it at the second best hunt I've done after Tahr.
Feel free to PM me and I'll put you in touch with who I hunted with.

Posts: 261 | Location: Invercargill | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen for the solid leads - of got some ideas and emails to send. I'd encourage other members to share their ideas as well.

Posts: 162 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go with Fallow Buck!

Posts: 1073 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
James,
You mentioned moose hunting in Sweden. As far as I can tell, having lived in Sweden for a year, and having spent a lot of time there on shorter trips, opportunities for guided moose hunts are not extremely common.

In much of Sweden, most of the moose hunting is done by drevjakt - team hunts with organized drives. I've done that a number of times as a guest and it is a great social experience and a lot of fun. But perhaps not so likely to be successful.

I hunted with a guide (Joachim Andersson) on what I would call a glass-and-stalk hunt. We camped in the mountains, spent a lot of time looking through binoculars, did some calling, and finally had a very exciting stalk that culminated with some up close calling that brought the moose within a 100 meters.

I wrote a full report here:
Trip Report - Moose Hunting in Sweden

Joachim sometimes posts here as swenative; his email address is in his profile. I'd recommend hunting with him, as long as you understand you'd be camping in the mountains and hiking along mountain ridges to spot moose.

One other possibility comes to mind if you wanted a drevjakt with deluxe accommodations at a higher price. PM me if that would be of interest.
Jeff

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hannay for the input, I'll get another email away and follow up this option.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get with fallow buck, aka Kiri who posted above, he can set you up with just about any kind of hunt in europe...

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spartan,

As suggested get in contact with Fallow Buck. He would be my first choice is I was starting to do some UK/European hunts.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kiri/Fallow Buck.

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Capercaillie during the calling period is a really interesting European hunt

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri is a good guy and you won't be disappointed.

I organise also a variety of hunts in the mountains (Carpathian, Balkan and alpine Chamois, alpine ibex) which are very enjoyable and affordable.
If you can, hunt red stag and fallow in the rut. I do my hunts in Romania or Hungary but plenty of other countries have them.
Then last but not least, try to get yourself a nice Mouflon :-)

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:

What countries is that allowed in? I saw it is banned most places....only fall/winter hunting.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 248 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi Spartan,

I can certainly help you out in England, Ireland or Scotland. I have a few AR members who have hunted with me in each country last year and who will be hunting with me this year.

I can offer:
Chinese Water Deer in England
Muntjac in England
Roe Deer in England and Scotland
Fallow Deer England, Ireland and Scotland
Sika Deer in Ireland and Scotland
Red Deer in Ireland and Scotland

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bull Sprig:
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:

What countries is that allowed in? I saw it is banned most places....only fall/winter hunting.

@bull sprig
Russia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Bosnia

I can help you with a hunt in Bulgaria of interest.

Best regards, Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget roe deer hunt as some of the best funhunts there is

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did a hunt in 2021 for chamois in Macedonia through Caracal. I had a great hunt. And it is not far from Greece.

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
I would recommend Romania because here, the habitat and variety of species is one of the best in Europe. Carpathian Mountains are the perfect place to find real and excited hunting experiences. Noting is for granted, you need to work hard to get what you’re looking for. Predators and hard conditions during the winter make the population of pray species very strong and their senses to survive are the best of all. Natural habitats, deep forest, valleys and mountains give many chances for animals to escape. The hunters need to use the best knowledge and skills to get their trophy.
If you are looking for this experience please feel free and contact Huntromania team. We are here for more than 15 years to offer you a great hunt. Roe buck in May, Red stag in September, chamois and fallow stag in October, wild boars etc.

Ing. MARIUS VICTOR MERUȚIU
Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

Posts: 286 | Location: Romania | Registered: 26 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Wake up everyone. The original post by Spartan is nearly 6 years old ! I’m sure he’s been and gone.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIKA98K:
Wake up everyone. The original post by Spartan is nearly 6 years old ! I’m sure he’s been and gone.

Nothing Wrong with continuing enticement of other Hunters to European destinations

Spartan might have been annihilated in coliseum but there is others who might want to try…

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello fellas

Great to see this old thread being resurrected.

Kanec, I did indeed survive the Colosseum!

I managed to hunt Romania with Ioan Banucu, for roe deer and had a fantastic hunt for chamois in the Carpathian Mountains. I highly recommend visiting Romania and hunting with Ioan.

Hunted Estonia, enjoying a driven hunt with dogs for roe, red dee and moose. My first experience with a hound hunt, and hopefully not my last.

I got away to Norway, at a friend’s invitation, and had a fabulous winter hunt for capercaillie in the coldest conditions I’ve yet to experience. The hunt required me to don skies for the first time to cover the terrain. Quite the unique experience!

Caracal arranged a chamois hunt in North Macedonia last year, which I highly recommend. The country, people and game are spectacular!

Currently I’m considering a hind hunt in Scotland for later in the year with AR’s Mike Taylor.

The local bird hunting in Greece has also kept me busy.

Europe has an incredible array of hunting and I’ve just only scratched the surface!

One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
Sounds like some great hunts Spartan and I’m glad you are alive and well

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been trying to contact Fallow Buck. Have tried to email but cant seem to get a response.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi Trapper

I just saw your PM (first time I've been on the site for about 4 years!!). sorry you didn't get a response through the email.

Unfortunately I'm pretty much out of the business now for the last few years so I'm not organising hunts any more, and I've pretty much given up shooting except for a few specific hunts.

If you would like to go to Portugal then reach out to Edgar Cordeiro on here or on face book.

Edgar is a great guy and excellent guide, he will look after you.

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ridgewalker Expeditions outfits for big free range fallow in Italy. No sliding scale and giant free range deer.

https://i.postimg.cc/pLrz9bfW/...230201-224224773.jpg

There might be a spot open for this season.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fallow Buck! Appreciate your reply. And to you Express. Will check it out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cant seem to find anything on either one. Do you guys have any contact info for Edgar & Ridgewalker Expeditions?