Find
Notify
Tools

Ladies Night & a winter vixen!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

My wife is in an informal ladies hunt group which they call "Diana's Meute" (Diana's Pack).
They meet up every quarter for eats and wine and once a year they shoot some clays plus the
occasional event - wine tasting, cookery et cetera. Some 25 ladies in total.

As something different my good wife asked if I could put on a hunting event for them in my concession and so the idea was born - 'a winter night fox hunt'!

Last night, with temperatures at minus 4 celcius / 24 fahrenheit, a clear night, a 3/4 moon and snow on the ground, seven ladies joined the party sitting out in high seats / kanzels from 19:00 til midnight! I was 'allowed' to go along as it's my concession plus I did the seating arrangements - who and where.

The ladies sat until midnight. They had a Whatsapp group open and were texting back and forth what they saw and so on - roe deer, hares and badgers were all seen in good numbers, but despite a blanket of good, hard snow only two foxes were seen, one of which was shot by one of the gals using a Blaser R8 in .308, a sweet rifle with a fluted barrel and great upgraded wood!

A pretty winter vixen was the end result and all agreed that they would like to repeat the event next year if possible. Me for my part, I was very happy to have the ladies out in my concession for a fox hunt and would be delighted to have them back next year! Good to stay on top of the foxes and good to promote gals hunting!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Nice tu2

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Excellent idea Charlie

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,
Were all you're group "foxy ladies" Big Grin clap rotflmo
That's what you meant by "winter vixen" - right ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 675 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Were all you're group "foxy ladies"

Grant no comment! But I can tell you that they were all dressed to kill Wink

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:
quote:
Were all you're group "foxy ladies"

Grant no comment! But I can tell you that they were all dressed to kill Wink

+1.

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote