THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Headed for Gallup New Mexico
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headed for Gallup New Mexico
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Memaw and papa will be headed for Gallup N.M. on Monday for a week of rodeoing..My grand daughter, age 13 won the State Championships in Goat Tying and Barrels.

Gallup is the Wrangler National Finals for which her State championship qualified her. We're all pretty excited for her and proud of her...

I'm sitting pretty good to win a roping series here at home and will have to miss the last roping in that series so it could/will knock me out of a saddle, buckle and a little money, but so what,the kids come first every time. I'm, pretty excited for her.

She has been tying goats in the low 7 second range and running barrels in 17s on a legal pattern..Her pole runs are 20 and 21s but she missed going in poles by less than a second..

Kids with horses don't end up on the street..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41858 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray that is just too damn slick and I am happy for you.
You say she is only 13 and running cans and tieing goats that fast?? you are going to be going on lots more finals trips as she gets older.

The arena at Red Rock in Gallup is one of my favorite places to compete, wish I was going to have a chance to drop by and say hello.
Anyway I wish her luck, and hope she takes no prisoners.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bucko, I will probably get down your way in the winter to rope, maybe you can turn a steer or two for me...

She is a natural and whipping a lot of high school kids already so I look for her to be tough the next four years..She starts high school next year..

My grandson is a junior and missed high school nationals in the team roping,by a hair, drew a wild steer and dropped a leg, but he did get to the Falon Nv. invitational that takes the kids that made the top places from 4 to place 10 at state. He's happy with that.

I roped a steer today on my young horse and got a front leg (on my horse) and he came up and over on me, I squirted out from under him but hit damn hard, we both got up unscathed and finish our practice, at least for today all is well, maybe sore up by morning!! Smiler Smiler

have a good'un.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41858 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn Ray sorry to hear that..
I know that you and I both have had a heel horse stick a foot in our loop at least several dozen times in our careers and not had that ever happen.
Hope your not too sore, but one thing for sure is that he will be rating a little sharper fron here on..

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, the good news is I'm not sore this morning and he is rating better!! beer

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Ray, one of the big-money barrel races is during the Old Fort Days Rodeo here in Ft. Smith. Your grand-daughter sounds like she could compete next spring. Have you competed here?
http://www.kayrodgerspark.com/krp_futurity.html

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
We have not gotten that far away from home as yet..Its a long ways from Idaho to Ft. Smith..The high school finals will be moving somewhere next year I believe and probably closer to Arkansaw, if so we will be down there...The price of fuel is killing us what with the big truck and 4 horse trailer, sure hope it turns around.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120