THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Dakota 76 African Action with stainless receiver: .423 Dakota-Lapua
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota 76 African Action with stainless receiver: .423 Dakota-Lapua Login/Join

one of us
posted
BLOG:

Yep. They are finally making a stainless receiver and putting a chrommoly bolt/safety/trigger/floorplate/magazine on it. bewildered First things first I reckon.

I called them and asked and that is the drift I get.

They didn't know or aren't talking about the .423 Dakota-Lapua case and throat specs. Said they would get back to me. They haven't.

I reckon they don't want to build one for me the way I want it: synthetic stock only, front sight, Talley rings, bases, and peep, no quarter rib, no rear express sight, no barrel band sling, no wood upgrade ... NO WOOD!!!

I reckon they don't want to build serial number 003 for me like that, as I just don't fit the Dakota Mold. I do not want to pay for useless nonsense.

Neither does Saeed. I may build one of my Lapua wildcats on a Dakota action anyway, just to see if their 76 African actions are square and true.

Sounds like an AFRICAN SHEEP RIFLE in .423 Lapua is on the way.

My gunsmith just finished the .450 NE 3-1/14" "Thin Rim" Ruger No.1 Stainless Laminate re-chamber job. The buttstock has been brass pinned and bedded before a shot. I need to get the laser sighted in to match the POA of the NECG front bead and see what it looks like through the scope.

Ready on rhe Right! ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
rip...you might just have to start your own company making and selling your own rifles built on the cz550 or m.r.c. and lapua case thumb your formula is great and you are a certifiable gun nut...why not? "rip guns" or "rip arms"..."he'll rip you a new one" can be your sloagan roflmao sorry bad joke. a no fuss stomper rifle-cart combo. can i get one serial number #2 beer all in favor say aye! (and specify serial #)

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn it!!! Why cant they just make the darn thing all stainless floor plate/mag and bolt also... even the the sights bases (not the inserts) and bands. That just pisses me off. There is enough of these halfway actions out there already. ugh I dont want to even mention who made my all stainless 378 wby action let alone what I had to do to get the sights I wanted.

I am back from a long Hiatus... or whatever.
Take care.
smallfry

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
boom stick,
A new proprietary line is born! RIP Arms and DOA Ammo. We will feature .338 Lapua Magnum or shortened-Rigby based cartridges in rifles with actions by CZ, MRC, Dakota, or Granite Mountain. The ammo will be loaded with North Fork, Bridger, and GSC bullets when we can get them.

DOA ammo will be contracted out to lawndart if Lapua or Norma aren't interested. thumb

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
love the logo!!!

start your client list... start a thread taking orders. you will have to post your ammo balistics which will be good. they have the wildcats in europe now you can have that niche here. jeffeosso will have plenty of business with his and you with yours. dakota not doing it right leaves a bigger opening for you!

do i get serial #2?

jump jump jump jump jump

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
d.o.a. will r.i.p. you a new one! clap

marketing is everything...

or r.i.p. will make sure it is d.o.a. thumb

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
so 30, 338, 375, 416, 423, 458...will 475 and 510 have a home in rip arms?

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
needs a bullet hole in the hat, maybe a red and blue target instead of stripes with a cloverleaf in the center Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
boom stick Sir,
Thanks for the marketing ideas. You can have any serial number you want.

Copyright/Trademark: Maybe just a skull and crossbones with a cloverleaf tight group in the center of the skull's forehead, and the lettering above the skull: DOA Ammo

and the lettering below the skull: RIP Arms, Inc.

"RIP Arms: Dead On Accurate"

roflmao

Now I am DOA.

I'll try to get some dummy ammo pictures loaded with various bullets for DOA Ammo.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
any hope for 475 or 510?

maybe you could legitimize the 50-505 as the p.h. model, call it the r.i.p. stop Big Grin

good luck on your new enterprise thumb

start posting dummy rounds and take orders beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Make that a skull and crossed rifles.
Yes, there must be a .475 Lapua eventually, then we'll think about the .510/.408 CheyTac, or .510/.505 Gibbs since Jamison makes both .505 Gibbs and .408 CheyTac from the same basic brass.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
yeah baby!

can the guns be smoking?

sure do like the idea of the rip stop. since the zc makes the 505 already would that be the starting conversion rifle?

goodonya for taking the ball and running with it.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
plenty to work with here Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ammo will be loaded with North Fork, Bridger, and GSC bullets when we can get them.

I did not know that there was a supply problem - surely not with GSC?

clap clap clap

Chris

Posts: 656 | Location: RSA | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the matter Chris? Sour grapes because your fave bullets are not mentioned? Of course you would not know what our supply situation is as you have never ordered any bullets from us, only talked about it. We have fixed our backlog to the point where it is no longer a factor but in contrast, in the last five years you have learned nothing. You are still writing articles like "The Mechanics of the Ballistic Coefficient" at the bottom of this page.

I note that you do not complain about any other bullet manufacturer who has backlogs or availability problems from time to time. Only GSC. No mention of other bullet makers who discontinue whole lines and others who just fold up tent and dissappear, leaving those who spent their money developing loads with the prospect of spending the money all over again. Your deliberate efforts to damage GSC's business is wearing thin.

RIP, I apologise for dragging this up and being off topic but Bekker and his appalling forum manner leaves one little choice.
thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

Here we go again ... it seems you want to continue the saga. Then to excuse yourself from your argumentative nature, you threw in an apology to RIP to pardon your move. Always labeling other people with bad names ... again here we see the word APPALLING. When RIP makes a recent remark "when we can get them" (referring to your bullets), you should actually prove to him that your supply problems are something of the past. You did not even respond when I asked you some time ago to supply me with 235 gr HV's.

Your promotional article in the SA Hunter is noted, and I grant you that privilege to be able to promote your product and I sincerely hope you can supply uninterrupted. For the first time now we see you make more than 500,000 bullets per annum. That is good and I wish you well. I have no problem with your article or promotional comments that it contained, but some how you have a problem again with my BC article. Perhaps you should write a better one and taking it a level further and state the things you want to see in a BC article.

Gerard I do not want to damage your business, we argue about differences of opinion in the main. I have complimented your bullets as they are made to such fine tolerances. You seem to have a personal vendetta against me. When someone differs with you, you invariable turn nasty like you did with Jeffeosso for example.

I pay PE a visit in 2 weeks time and will try to meet with you, and extend an invitation to you to have a cup of coffee with me. Hoping we can bury the axes and grudges. Keep a box of 235 gr HV's ready for me, I will hand you the cash.

Best regards
Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

Just wanting to get this off my chest to avoid misundertsatndings:

The issue here was the availability of bullets as brought up by RIP, clear? But as you say yourself, you wanted to be off topic, for the sake of having another argument with me, and so you want to belittle another article that I have written and to put a skew spin on things about my so-called favourite bullets. Your whole way of talking is so indicative, as you always bring in side issues and derogatory remarks. Let me be more pertinent just in case you did not notice:-

"Sour grapes because your fave bullets are not mentioned?" What on earth has my favourite bullets to do with the topic under discussion? Sour grapes about what? I am neutral and have no business interest in any line of bullets, as I have told you umpteen times. You just have to create the false impression that I need to hear about a specific bullet all the time. The fact is I like other brands of bullets as well, it just depends on the application.

Then comes the sting - the poison out of your tail .... " ... in the last five years you have learned nothing." The inference here is that with your psychic/super-natural abilities you can tell, read minds and make correct/valid prognoses from a distance stretching far beyond the capabilities of the ordinary man. Statements like these will only go down to discredit yourself, Gerard. We all learn all the time.

Then you have the audacity to ask me ... "What is the matter Chris?" Just like you have attacked me on my SD aticle in the SA Hunter, you start all over again now with my BC article that also appeared in the SA Hunter. Come out straight and say what you do not like about it. If anything contained in the article was not sound, I will be the first one to correct it.

Just remember, I will defend your right to differ with me. Just don't be nasty or derogatory.

Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris,
quote:
You did not even respond when I asked you some time ago to supply me with 235 gr HV's.
On the 16th of October you posted: "We can test your delivery time quickly ... send me a box of 235 gr HV's" and on the same day on the same thread I replied:

"Place the order on our website. That way you will succeed in getting the weight right and we will know what calibre you are asking for. Despite your delusion about psychic abilities, we do not know the postal address of everyone in the country, there is this little order form you have to complete, but I suspect this will not happen as you are all talk and no action."

Seems I was right as we still have no order from you, we still do not make a 235gr bullet of any description and remain in the dark about which caliber you want and where to send it. I expect that, after your visit to PE, you will complain that your bullets (which you did not order) were not ready.

quote:
I grant you that privilege to be able to promote your product
We thank you for your kindness. Is there perhaps a written application we could complete, should we decide to do this? We would hate to disturb Your Eminence with the crassness of a verbal application.

quote:
I have no problem with your article or promotional comments that it contained, but some how you have a problem again with my BC article.
I did not write the article in SA Hunter. The BC article was from your pen and contains several snide remarks aimed at.......? As I have stated several times. I do not instigate these things, I only react.

quote:
Gerard I do not want to damage your business
Let us see.... in the last 40 days you have posted 13 times. Excluding your 5 posts in the Optics forum that leaves 8 posts. These posts contained:
1. "When I say things like this, Gerard Schultz accuses me of not knowing how expanding solids are supposed to work ... bla bla bla ..." This was completely unprovoked as I was not on that thread.
2. You followed the above with a post that contained three lies about me and GSC products. Here it is.
3. On 15 November, again unprovoked by me, you posted: "some pundits believe that a high velocity bullet is so important in stretching a wound that they will actually build a marketing campaign around it, and dish it up as a newly found virtue of how one should actually kill more effectively" and "The one thing we know is that a high-velocity bullet will not boule a buck over nor drown it." as well as "I guess sooner or later sanity will dawn upon ignorance".
4. Once again, on 29 November, and unprovoked by me: "If I had ventured to publish the same, I know of someone that would have attacked me for not meeting a 99% statistical confidence level."
5. "The GS custom solid is indeed a fine bullet as I have said before. But one thing is for sure, it does not create a larger wound channel than an expanding bullet such as the Rhino Solid Shank" This opinion you base on one shot taken with a GSC bullet at an impact speed 800fps less than what we recommend. This is gross misrepresentation if ever there was one and you dare pretend to be a technical writer.
6. "Truth be told, they should never have been compared in the first place, as their intended applications differ." So why did you compare them and build a slanderous campaign against GSC with your "conclusions"?

quote:
I pay PE a visit in 2 weeks time and will try to meet with you, and extend an invitation to you to have a cup of coffee with me. Hoping we can bury the axes and grudges.
Piet Retief made a bad mistake way back in history. I do not intend to make the same mistake. You will understand if I bring backup.

quote:
I am neutral and have no business interest in any line of bullets
Eeker

quote:
" ... in the last five years you have learned nothing."
I base this statement on the fact that every manufacturer of monometallic bullets recommends that one should drop down to the next lighter weight or more, when going from jacketed lead to monometallic bullets and put the speed up. This has been going on for more than ten years. On the 10th of September 2000 you emailed me to ask why we do not make a 160gr bullet for use in your 7x57. You questioned the use of a 120gr bullet in a 7x57 because it would be over stabilised and that would cause it to tumble???!!! Fact is that we do have a 160gr .284" bullet in our line up. It has been there since 1993. Looking at your position today, you still advocate the use of heavy monos (23 Oct Magnum Mania Thread) and you still make incorrect statements based on sketchy research. You still do not grasp the connection between twist, bullet length and stability, as is evident from your numerous statements that gyroscopic stability has nothing to do with how a bullet penetrates. I conclude that you have learned nothing in the last five years.

quote:
Just don't be nasty or derogatory.
You should practise what you preach. When you start a scrap, expect that it will be finished.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hammering

And the winner is????????

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

So you do not have the balls to meet with me alone, even if I extend a hand of friendship to you. Must I also bring backup, not to be outnumbered or simply to have an audience. Anyway your reply is hilarious not to mention your own skew understanding of stability and SF values - remember the debacle we have had recently on this one? On BC's you will remember how you tried to cheat me and the AR readers.

Your analogy of shooting 120 gr bullets in the 7 mm is quite cute and by your definition the Barnes company also understands nothing about stability, as they offer bullets between 150 and 175 gr. And the strange thing is their bullets don't tumble.

Guess where this crap is coming from that a FN solid can create a bigger wound channel than a controlled expansion bullet. Just go back on your tracks. All 6 points listed by you, you have actually done, unless you suffer from CML (convenient memory loss).

I quote from SA Hunter (Nov 2005) ... "GS Custom Bullets are manufacturing more than 500 000 bullets a year". Really? Please give me an indication here on AR when all your backlog orders would be caught up, so I can place my order then. That we I aught to receive a 'normal' delivery waiting period. So, over to you, as I do not have the patience to go through a string of excuses.

Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerard:
No mention of other bullet makers who discontinue whole lines and others who just fold up tent and dissappear, leaving those who spent their money developing loads with the prospect of spending the money all over again.

This would be quite a task to list a cronological calendar of events as to how bullet manufacturers, dropped and changed their product lines. Some bullet makers are unfortunately/sadly no longer with us.

Most products undergo changes over time - we see this in just about all spheres of life ... optics, cars, medicine and yes even ammo. Your HV bullet basically superceded your own HP design, not so? (Thats what you said when your HP bullet did not perform so well and that you last made them in 1998).

Just about all bullet manufacturers changed their bullets at one time or another. That is progress and sometimes changes are made due to economic reasons to bring manufacturing costs down. Nosler improved their partition design by bring out the Partition Gold ... I quess they disturbed the COG and COP of their original bullet ... big deal, hey? Also the SF was affected ... gosh! (Someone's investment down the drain)

Well, that is why we are not driving Henry Ford's original model today.

Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris,

I received my last shipment of GS bullets very quickly. And although we could beat the dead horse about backlogs, Gerard set up a new production facility with new machines to be able to serve all of his customers in a timely fashion. And I did not notice any big jump in prices to cover that significant investment. In fact, once shipping charges are included, GS Custom bullets only cost be about US$0.20 per bullet more than Barnes even though the Barnes factory is only 40 miles from my house but the GS Custom factory is a solid 30 hours of flight time from my house. Not a bad deal, don't you think?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

That is excellent news that delivery has improved. We will certainly test delivery times here in SA for the public at large and report back.

Regarding cost, SA manufacturers have the benefit of a weak currency vis-a-vis Dollar prices or Euro prices. The 20 c difference is really not the issue, as I belief, we as reloaders will buy what we really want regardless of price differentials.

The survival of SA bullet makers depends on exports, as our local market is depressed due to the new gun laws. Some SA bullet makers have already faded. Empirical studies prove that very seldom will family business survive when children inherit businesses - that is world-wide phenomenon. Some are taken over and still go under.

The fact that Gerard's FN bullet (270 grainer in 9,3 cal)made a small whole on Pieter's Blue Wildebeest only proves one thing; it makes a smaller hole than an expanding bullet - that is all. That is no criticism against the FN bullet at all, as it is a solid with different design criteria. The fact remains that the GS-FN bullet remains as one of the best. The problem arises when we make certain claims out of context.

Take care
Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard's gripe that bullet manufacturers change their products just got more meaning:

Barnes have just developed their MRX range of bullets for 2006. Innovative and progressive or causing reloaders some pain to re-develop their loads? A tungsten/copper combo bullet that is shorter than their TSX bullet to fit the short-case magnums better.

Great products have been improved over time - think of the Brno ZG47, Winchester's safety, Rigby Express sights, etc. All these improvements went along with some changes. Life is sometimes strange, just when you think something cannot be improved upon, then someone comes along and makes a change for the better or creates another idea that makes the old idea redundant. Who is still shaving with Minora single-blades?

Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So you do not have the balls to meet with me alone, even if I extend a hand of friendship to you.
As I said, Piet Retief made this mistake.

quote:
not to mention your own skew understanding of stability and SF values - remember the debacle we have had recently on this one?
Yes, that was where you kept on getting the bullet weights and calibers mixed up. I remember it well because that took your "mistakes made" list up into the sixties. That was good fun, you were so gullible and when you screwed up the info you got from Barnes, that was priceless.

quote:
On BC's you will remember how you tried to cheat me and the AR readers.
Thank you for once again highlighting my exemplary record of one mistake made and corrected.

quote:
Your analogy of shooting 120 gr bullets in the 7 mm is quite cute

This is no analogy. You said in your email to me: "wat my pla is die feit dat my groefdraai van 8.66 gaan hierdie ligte koeeltjie oorstabiliseer wat die koeel kan laat "tumble" by impak".

Translated: "what worries me is that my barrel twist of 8.66 will overstabilise this light little bullet and that could make it tumble on impact" Your grasp of stability, bullet length and twist is really messed up and it puts a rather humerous slant on your comment that I am the one who has a "skew understanding" of this.

quote:
by your definition the Barnes company also understands nothing about stability, as they offer bullets between 150 and 175 gr
You are wrong again. Barnes have a good grasp on SF and twist rates so they also have 7mm bullets down to 100 grains - real short with very high SF values. They cater for a full spectrum of twist rates in the 7mm range. It is up to the customer to get the match right but you have proven you have no chance of grasping the concept. As a matter of interest, here is a list of most of the monometallic bullets on offer from various manufacturers. There may be a couple I missed but you may get the drift that there is a trend here. Then again, maybe you won't.

.284"/.285" bullets:
Barnes 100gr Spitser Solid
Impala 110gr
KJG 117gr BT
Lazzeroni 120gr BT
GSC HV 120gr BT
Groove Bullets 129gr BT
GSC 130gr BT
Trident 139gr FB
GSC HP 140gr BT
Mayerl 140gr BT
FIP Sauvestre 148gr FB
GSC FN 150gr FB
GSC HP150gr BT
Barnes TSX 150gr BT
Barnes X 150gr BT
Ferrobul 150gr FB
Trident 154gr FB
Barnes TSX 160gr FB
Barnes XLC 160gr FB
GSC 160gr BT
Barnes X 175gr FB

Notice how they are all flat base bullets from 150gr up except for our 160gr BT? Notice also that only five are over 150gr and the other 16 are 150gr and lighter. Wonder why?

quote:
Guess where this crap is coming from that a FN solid can create a bigger wound channel than a controlled expansion bullet.

The fact that Gerard's FN bullet (270 grainer in 9,3 cal)made a small whole (sic) on Pieter's Blue Wildebeest only proves one thing; it makes a smaller hole than an expanding bullet - that is all.

The problem arises when we make certain claims out of context.
You certainly excel at making claims out of context. Why do you perpetuate the lie that I claim bigger wound channels from FNs than what can be had with expanding bullets? That is your twisted statement, not mine (triple hornswoggle again). You also remain ignorant of the cylinder concept in penetration. As far back as Hatcher's experimenting it has been recognised that certain nose shapes are better than others at disrupting tissue. Elmer Keith new this and MacPherson says (p277) "The efficiency of the cylinder (full wadcutter) has long been known."

It is also well known that, the faster you drive a bullet, the bigger the difference in efficiency of the various forms becomes. So if you take Pieter's shot on the Blue Kudu Gnu (the one with the stripes like a zebra) which impacted at 1700fps or less, the difference in holes created by RN, FN and expanding bullets will be marginal. (You look a real idiot when you confess to not knowing this.)

Take the speed up to where it should be, and a cylinder will easily equal the wound cavity volume of an expanding bullet of the same caliber that expands to 1.5 times of caliber. Of course one would have to experience this first hand in order to report on it correctly.

quote:
Please give me an indication here on AR when all your backlog orders would be caught up, so I can place my order then.
I knew you would back out of placing the order you were waffling about. All talk and no action.

quote:
So, over to you, as I do not have the patience to go through a string of excuses.
So you continue your slanderous way. Your talk about " Gerard I do not want to damage your business" was just hot air as usual.

quote:
Your HV bullet basically superceded your own HP design, not so? (Thats what you said when your HP bullet did not perform so well and that you last made them in 1998).
More twisting and lies. Our full HP range is still available, not one has been discontinued and the current production list has HPs scheduled. What I said when I spoke to Eduard was that the bullets he got from Sauers were made in 1998. We keep records of when we make bullets you know. So this is just more deliberate slander from you - you are consistent.

quote:
The survival of SA bullet makers depends on exports, as our local market is depressed due to the new gun laws.
Hogwash - Our local sales are up from last year. Rhino posted earlier that they are also doing better in the local market. Where do you get this from, left or right thumb? (I forget you are being consistent.)

quote:
Who is still shaving with Minora single-blades?
I will take a guess at that one: You?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well excuuuuusssse ME!
Nobody understands my sarcastic sense of humor.

It was really meant in good humor, not to start another ... hammering match between Chris and Gerard.

My recent test order of GSC bullets took about a week to transit from RSA to Kentucky. That was the airmail service.

That is all from me ... for now. wave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Brother Ron happy Holidays!!!!!

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LV Eric:
Hi Brother Ron happy Holidays!!!!!

Howdy long lost Bro' Eric. It is good to see you posting again.

Notice I corrected the spelling in the title of this thread. Family trait. thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

Your perception of slander is your own one. When you point a finger, remember 3 fingers point back at you. You are quite good at paying people 'compliments' especially me. That is why I would love to meet with you, so I can see if you will pay me some more compliments in my presence. Big Grin

It is quite hilarious how you changed your position on the size of the wound channel from flat faced cylinders. Just back track what you said about it in the past. Go back from we started about 5 years ago right through the AR forum. A FN bullet cannot make a bigger hole than a double expansion bullet, period. thumb

Why not come out straight and tell prospective buyers when your backlogs will be over so we can trade on normal and acceptable delivery times? If you have nothing to hide, it should be a simple answer. Talking about your sales being up from last year when you have been out of production for so long is certainly a statistical skewing par excellence. SA bullet manufacturers will die without exports in the current climate. Roll Eyes

Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A FN bullet cannot make a bigger hole than a double expansion bullet, period.
You have been assuming this and atributing the statement to me, so it is time to call you on this triple hornswoggle. I have said exactly as I stated above and, if you differ, you differ with Hatcher, Keith and MacPherson. Good luck with that.

quote:
Why not come out straight and tell prospective buyers when you (sic) backlogs will be over
The following has been at the top of every order page on our website for almost four years now. See for yourself. "Should you order items that are not in stock at the time, we will contact you with approximate shipping times. Note that payment is only required when your order is ready to ship."

You are being ambidextrous again - either foot will fit. As soon as the order is submitted, this message is shown: "Thank you for placing your order with us, it is being e-mailed to us right now. Be assured that we exist to improve the success of your shooting activities. We will e-mail you to confirm your order and to let you have the most convenient payment method for your region. Please note that this is a manual process and could take several days over weekends or public holidays."

You should stop assuming things and check facts before blundering off in several directions at once. I have been pointing out your mistakes and assumptions for five years now and will continue as long as you stay on my back with your lies and misrepresentations. If you want me to stop, get your facts right or get out of my face.

quote:
Talking about your sales being up from last year when you have been out of production for so long is certainly a statistical skewing par excellence.
This is typical of your style. You appear to know more about Gina's business than what we do. You have no idea of what we do but once again you prove the monstrous proportions of your ignorance and your ability bekkerise assumption into "fact".

quote:
SA bullet manufacturers will die without exports
This has always been the case, this past year is no different. If you say some other SA bullet manufacturers are having a tough time, who am I to argue. I do not have access to their financial affairs, but you obviously have closer ties to some of them than what we have.

RIP,
You are not to blame for the pissers That lies squarely on Bekker's shoulders Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you say some other SA bullet manufacturers are having a tough time, who am I to argue. I do not have access to their financial affairs, but you obviously have closer ties to some of them than what we have.

jumping jumping jumping

Excellent. I am INDEPENDANT with no ties to anybody. I do understand 'Finance' that is my job and has been for a quarter of a century. That is what I know best. To add value to your business your ROI (return on investment) should exceed your Waccoc (weighted cost of capital)and that is a tough call for bullet manufacturers in SA unless they focus their business on exports, as the local market will become smaller in the next few years ahead of us. IMHO SA bullet manufacturers should relocate to the USA or Scandinavia if they can. Watch my words ... exports of bullets to the USA is going to become a nightmare, as I am currently battle to get permission to import a scope from the USA.

Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your HV bullet basically superceded your own HP design, not so?

I did not say your HP line has been discontinued. I said superceded as in function as in superiority - understand you dickhead !!! No read carefully what I said ... "Your HV bullet basically superceded your own HP design, not so? The word basically says it all .... boohoo

But then in a condesending way you write from your throne .... and I quote ... "More twisting and lies. Our full HP range is still available, not one has been discontinued and the current production list has HPs scheduled." Who is lying? Since when is supercede the same as discontinue? This is how you twist and deceive people all the time. For this very same reason when your HP bullet did not perform very well you offered Eduard the HV version. Your lies are wearing thin with me now and I am getting sick of the way you can lie.

Enough said.
Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

Herewith a quotation from your website ... "It has been proven that a high velocity flat fronted cylinder shape will leave a larger primary wound channel than a slower, double caliber mushroom."

Gerard no more excuses or memory losses please. Alf spoke to you about the same thing on AR about this aspect if I remember correctly. It just ain't so !!!

Chris
PS: One convinced man is already a majority.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by truvelloshooter:
understand you dickhead !!!

Please knock it off. Thank you. Smiler

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you get it wrong you do it like someone is awarding medals for it. You are an accountant. I presume you know what compound interest is. Compound mistakes is the same thing.

quote:
I am INDEPENDANT with no ties to anybody.
Roll Eyes

quote:
I am currently battle (sic) to get permission to import a scope from the USA.
If you are asking permission from someone to import a scope from the USA, you have been seriously misled somewhere. The guy was probably pulling your leg and you believed him. You are so gullible and we have seen how shoddy your "research" can be.
lol

quote:
I said superceded (sic) as in function as in superiority
From the Oxford Concise: "Supersede: Take the place of, put or use in the place of."

Therefore if "a" is superseded by "b", "a" is no longer in use and therefore use is discontinued. This is not the case with GSC HP bullets. Your miscondeception (sic) stands.

quote:
The word basically says it all
Indeed it does. Your use of "basically" is completely out of context but, if anything, considering Afrikaans colloquialism, you are reinforcing the concept of "supersede".

quote:
Who is lying?
You are, as we have seen above and will see below.

quote:
when your HP bullet did not perform very well you offered Eduard the HV version
You mean you have not figured out that the performance of HVs exceed that of HPs? That is why we developed them, because they are more versatile. So if someone is using a bullet that does not do what he wants it to do, we offer him something else that is better. Are you suggesting that we do not tell someone about newer developments? Your logic systems have fried again.

quote:
Herewith a quotation from your website ... "It has been proven that a high velocity flat fronted cylinder shape will leave a larger primary wound channel than a slower, double caliber mushroom."
Here is the compound bit now. The quote above is from the HV section. We are discussing FN performance. You got your wires crossed and that is why your logic circuits have fried.

Let us consider it further though as there is some relevance. You and Pieter compared the wound channel caused by an FN bullet at 1700fps, with that of a soft that expands to double diameter. For the soft you mentioned, I would venture the opinion that, at 1700fps, you do not have a snowball's hope in hell of getting a double diameter expansion. To get a double caliber mushroom, you would have to drive it faster than 1700fps. So you base a slanderous conclusion on comparison of a slower FN with a faster soft.

Now read the quote you posted above again. It says that a high velocity cylinder will cause a larger wound channel than a slower double caliber mushroom. What I said on my website is exactly the opposite of what you are falsely trying to attribute to me. So what do we call your post? Lies, misconceptions, mistakes, slander or all of them?

You certainly are a piece of work.
thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

You are twisting my words again to cover up your weak argument. Supersede means to ... "take the place of" or "to replace" (English Usage Dictionary - Alswang -& Rensburg on P878). I added the word 'basically' to indicate clearly that your older product is still there. Any 13 yr old child will understand this and confirm that my usage of the word 'basically' is correct - I do not know where you learned Afrikaans. Why do you always try to create smoke? To deceive? You admit yourself that the HV performance is better than the HP. So if it so, then it follows that the HP has been (basically) superseded/surpassed in performance/application. Very simple by your own admission. That is what I tried to say in the first place, but you have to misconstrue. thumbdown

Then the wound channel issue. When an HV bullet loses its petals and take the form of a flat-faced cylinder, we have (basically) a FN-type bullet. Simple. You trade on this concept for both your HV and FN, not so? So, I do not have my wires crossed as you hinted. We do not base our opinion of smaller wound channels, made by your FN bullets, solely on one shot as you incorrectly assumed. Many close-range shots on warthogs tell the same story that the Rhino bullet makes a far bigger wound channel. The GS-FN bullet was loaded to 2,350 fps and the Rhino at 2,250 fps in the 9,3 x 62 mm. thumb

Based on theses observations, I am prepared to challenge you that a 375 H&H with your FN bullet be used at say 2,750 fps against a 9,3 with a Rhino bullet at 2,250 fps to be in your favour with an additional 500 fps. Very simple. I have no doubt as to the outcome. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Please also read carefully what Gerard is writing. You don't have to go back far - just read his last page and you will notice that he is on a war path with me. It will thus be extremely difficult for me to knock-off. I will never ever tolerate his bullshit.

Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerard:
[QUOTE] The following has been at the top of every order page on our website for almost four years now. "Should you order items that are not in stock at the time, we will contact you with approximate shipping times. Note that payment is only required when your order is ready to ship."

Is what is stated on your website exactly what is happening in practise? Knocking off 4 years from 2005 puts us at 2001. Well let us see what Dan wrote to you on 5 June 2003:

"Posted 05 June 2003 10:56 05 June 2003 10:56

Dear Gerard,

Since you refuse to respond to email for months at a time (except email placing orders), I have resorted to an open letter to you in hope that you can resolve my grievance.

On 12/4/2001, I ordered more than US$500 in bullets from you, to be shipped via airmail which I paid a premium for. The bullets did not arrive in the promised two weeks, so I began to inquire. After three months you told me that a replacement shipment of bullets had been sent. Your excuse for the first shipment going missing was dishonest people in the RSA post office.

The second shipment of bullets did not arrive either. After ignoring several months of emails from me, via telephone you said that you would have your daughter look into it.

In the late summer of 2002, your daughter told me that the bullets were never sent at all; neither the original shipment nor the replacement was sent. The excuse was that an incompetent employee had logged orders as shipped when they were not.

But at the time, your equipment was broken and you could not make bullets. Then when the equipment was fixed, I was told that you ran out of copper and could not make bullets. Then when you had copper I was told that you ran out of boxes and could not ship bullets. Finally, your daughter told me that half of my order had shipped and I received them in late 2002. Thank you. As for the second half of the order, on March 26, 2003 you wrote the following to me:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Dan,
We have finally got this confusion sorted out. Your bullets are on the way (Thursday past) and we have added extra for you by way of an apology. We are all pretty stressed out and this will continue for the next couple of months till the new factory is running. By mid year, backlogs should be a bad memory. Let us know when they arrive and how you do with them. Some pics of the rifle you use the 640gr FNs in would be nice for our gallery pages!
Regards from an apologetic
Gerard and Gina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I waited patiently for more than a month for the bullets to arrive via air mail, but they never came. Then I started emailing both you and Gina to try to get you to run a trace on the bullets but to date neither of you have responded to any of my many emails.

Now I am wondering if the March shipment of the second half of my order was a real shipment, or a phantom shipment. Maybe the bullets were not shipped at all.

I would just like to receive the bullets that I paid you for. Please respond, and if the bullets were not actually shipped, then please ship them. If the bullets were shipped, please track them and put in an insurance claim and ship new ones.

Hoping for some customer service....

Dan"

I am not saying the above is true, nor can I say that Dan is a liar. Only you can. I have reason to believe that Dan is an upstanding gentleman though.

It seems though that the one thing that comes out of it, is the lack of communication and when contact is well established later on, a pattern of excuses follow. As I have not dealt with you directly I am not in a position to know that your service is better now than then. Your payment policy has also changed, but I still prefer to only pay when I receive bullets and not when you are ready to ship.

Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Supersede means to ... "take the place of" or "to replace"
That is what I said.
quote:
I added the word 'basically' to indicate clearly that your older product is still there.
Clear as mud but anyway......
quote:
Any 13 yr old child will understand this and confirm that my usage of the word 'basically' is correct
It is because a 13 year old is editing your stuff that so many errors in spelling and grammar make it to the publishing stage. Get someone a bit older to do that.
quote:
I do not know where you learned Afrikaans.
Obviously a place where spelling and grammar was on the curriculum.
jumping

quote:
The GS-FN bullet was loaded to 2,350 fps and the Rhino at 2,250 fps in the 9,3 x 62
The FN is under the FACTORY load speed for a 286gr bullet. Follow our recommendations and add another 200+fps to that and then come back and tell me what you found. After 5 years you are still clueless about GSC products and you wonder why I say you have learned nothing in that time.

quote:
I have no doubt as to the outcome.
Neither have I. You will manipulate it and massage it to suit your preconceived ideas and then present it.

quote:
Knocking off 4 years from 2005 puts us at 2001
You are an accountant you say. Knocking almost four years off today's date puts us at about the middle of 2002. I have seen in the past that when you start fudging, you get confused with numbers under 5. Pay attention Chris.

quote:
Well let us see what Dan wrote to you on 5 June 2003:
The aftermath of 9/11 caused havoc with postal systems the world over. We had challenges that caused companies with less determination to fold. Despite all of this, we resolved outstanding issues to the satisfaction of everyone and this was also stated. You prefer to show only the dissatisfaction and none of the solutions. I conclude again that, in five years you have learned nothing, still research badly and continue your efforts at damaging GSC in any way you can.

quote:
As I have not dealt with you directly I am not in a position to know that your service is better now than then.
But you venture your slanderous opinion anyway.

quote:
I still prefer to only pay when I receive bullets and not when you are ready to ship.
We will not be doing business then. I thought you would find an excuse not to make the order you were waffling about.