THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Hoot and Shoot April 24th, 2010 with pictures
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoot and Shoot April 24th, 2010 with pictures Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a great time at the shoot.I loved Texas and the hospitable and great people I met on my trip.Rusty and Jeff,you two are the "Hoot and Shoot" and I couldn't imagine having such a great time without you.I had a chance to meet Mike Jines,Mike 70560 and his lovely wife Catherine,drewhenrytnt,saw Forest shoot a couple of water jugs with his bolt rifle in "no time flat", saw and was impressed with how fast and accurate JD Donnely shot his double rifle(JD,I could see you really enjoy shooting your rifle).Bob and Mike,who let me shoot their double rifle,Rob(laredo kid)who let me shoot the lever action he took to africa,David Singer,Berit and Bill Pace,Mike Crabtree,jimatcat,Mario and everyone whose name I can't remember.The food was also great-the roast beef really tasted great!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
shootaway,

We were happy to meet you and I was glad that you were able to shoot my Boswell.

It was a great event especially meeting several fellow shooters for the first time.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for coming, George ..

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39564 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I must admit that I envy you guys quite a bit... Seems you had a BLAST that day..
Wish I could have joined you, lot of you guys I would like to meet...

Ulrik

Posts: 873 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Rusty and Jeff for all the organizational efforts. Particular shout out for arranging the beautiful day, one of you seems to have an "in" with the Big Guy.

I think the highlight for me was having George come down. Too often I think we are a little quick with a jab or an insult on the internet. In reality George is a just a quiet guy that enjoys shooting and hunting -- sounds a lot like all the rest of us to me.

Mike

Posts: 21667 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike-you are the STAR of the event!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
And Least we forgot, Thanks to Macifej, Jay, for the excellent door prizes of the 535gr .510 bullets .. I'll be doing some load dev on them for the 500 AR sometime coming!

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Where are the pics of Jay?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Thanks Mike-you are the STAR of the event!

George,

At first I thought you were talking about me. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Jay didn't make the trip. He sent some beautiful .510 bullets that we gave to those in need!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Glad everyone had a good time, unfortunately I had another engagement. Kudos to George for traveling such a long distance and joining in with the bubbas, sorry I was unable to meet you.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad to say, I missed this one. I got back from two weeks in RSA about sixteen hours before you guys started shooting. I brought a good cold back with me, so y'alls Saturday was a lot more fun than mine. I hope to make it in the fall...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Jay didn't make the trip. He sent some beautiful .510 bullets that we gave to those in need!

Happy to do it guys. One of these times the planets will align and I'll show up.

tu2

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thank you, again Jay for your continued support of our event!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Jay... Lets have one in Cali.

There was one in Socal What about another or maybe one in Norcal.
Hmmmm... Need to find a range that will let us do crazy shit like this Big Grin

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Jay... Lets have one in Cali.

There was one in Socal What about another or maybe one in Norcal.
Hmmmm... Need to find a range that will let us do crazy shit like this Big Grin

South Bay Rod & Gun is a possibility. In the middle of nowhere but still close enough to airport etc. Huge facility but a little primitive by Cali standards.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I guess a poll of Cali shooters to come would be in order

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Pick a spot, and pick a date, then plan forward

476AR,