THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    2nd Annual AR Big Bore/Fun Shoot

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2nd Annual AR Big Bore/Fun Shoot Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to host another AR only big bore/double rifle/fun shoot at our place about 40 miles south of Dallas, it’s been terribly wet so would need to be held in early June (might be pretty warm), members that attended last year would have a slot if desired and would like to limit to about 15 shooters. Safety is and will always be foremost.
Please let me know if there is any interest and will we “make a plan”, fun shoot could include other than big bores or can shoot one of mine! Would just like to get a few AR members together to visit and have some fun.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2768 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,

I would definitely be interested in attending again.

Thanks,

George

Posts: 159 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I would like to go if I can. Will there be a BBQ? I’d be happy to cook some good BBQ. Is there any competitions? Largest bore? Best group of two? Best South African accent? Best safari outfit? Best bubba outfit, (Notice that I did not say “costume”) Ugliest gun? Prettiest? Best wood, best engraving, largest truck, best real mullet (start growing em in now) best home made desert? Biggest chew for 5 minutes? Horseshoes and cigars?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Austin and I will come Karl.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
I’d be happy to cook some good BBQ.... Biggest chew for 5 minutes? Horseshoes and cigars?

Johnny johnny johnny .. who taught you to bbq and to chew?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like to go if I can. Will there be a BBQ? I’d be happy to cook some good BBQ. Is there any competitions? We could do that.
Largest bore? Maybe
Best group of two? tu2
Best South African accent? Nah…
Best safari outfit? Nah…
Best bubba outfit, (Notice that I did not say “costume”) Maybe
Ugliest gun? I’ve got a bunch of CZ’s Wink
Prettiest? I’ve got the ACGM rifle from last year
Best wood, see above
best engraving, tu2
largest truck, Todd would win this
best real mullet (start growing em in now) Not me!
best home made desert? Not from my wife
Biggest chew for 5 minutes? shocker
Horseshoes and cigars? Sure

Pretty much open to having a good safe time, will be pretty informal, bring your big bore (or shoot one of mine), plenty of time to shoot a pistol or smaller rifle, PM a phone number and I’ll give you a call for ideas. I can come up with some cheesy prizes for any competitions.

George and Todd, I’ve got you on the list.
I’ll get back with a firm date very shortly.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2768 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
interested if yoyr dates fit, thanks..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2830 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
I’d be happy to cook some good BBQ.... Biggest chew for 5 minutes? Horseshoes and cigars?

Johnny johnny johnny .. who taught you to bbq and to chew?

You Papa, you did.

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:
I would like to go if I can. Will there be a BBQ? I’d be happy to cook some good BBQ. Is there any competitions? We could do that.
Largest bore? Maybe
Best group of two? tu2
Best South African accent? Nah…
Best safari outfit? Nah…
Best bubba outfit, (Notice that I did not say “costume”) Maybe
Ugliest gun? I’ve got a bunch of CZ’s Wink
Prettiest? I’ve got the ACGM rifle from last year
Best wood, see above
best engraving, tu2
largest truck, Todd would win this
best real mullet (start growing em in now) Not me!
best home made desert? Not from my wife
Biggest chew for 5 minutes? shocker
Horseshoes and cigars? Sure

Pretty much open to having a good safe time, will be pretty informal, bring your big bore (or shoot one of mine), plenty of time to shoot a pistol or smaller rifle, PM a phone number and I’ll give you a call for ideas. I can come up with some cheesy prizes for any competitions.

George and Todd, I’ve got you on the list.
I’ll get back with a firm date very shortly.

Awesome. Hope to make it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK! I’m currently in Zim exercising my .416 Rigby. It’s horribly wet at my place, but will make a plan if it keeps raining. Looks like it will be JUNE 8, hope those have responded will attend and have room for more! Will PM or email all respondents when we get home in a few days. Very much open to ideas to make it more fun.

Karl Evans