New
Find
Notify
Tools

Townsend Whelen Mister Rifleman
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I only read one of Townend Whelens books before this one it was On your on into the wilderness which is an awesome survival book .It saved my.life in Alaska .I finally found a copy of Mister Rifleman .It was a two book.set by Guns and Ammo along with Elmer Keith's Guns and Ammo for Big game one of my favorite books of his .I.know he and Elmer were good friends .The old writers had way more awesome adventures into.the wild than today's writers .It was still almost like Pioneer days back.then .I.have to find another copy of On you.own into the wilderness have mine to friend in Alaska.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Check Amazon. I will not sell mine. Might give it away if I'm dying but not planning on that yet.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for On Your Own in the Wilderness by Townsend Whelen and Bradford Angier, try abebooks.com; there are numerous copies starting at $6.62 delivered.

Just use the advanced search feature with the author as Townsend Whelen and title "Wilderness".

You can try this link:

https://www.abebooks.com/servl...&sts=t&tn=wilderness

Posts: 682 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is his wilderness and witch craft book.good .I.like The survival book of his best .I am probably.going to sell Mister rifkeman after I read it and tons more of my.books no where to.put them !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on now,'no where to put them' has never before stopped a serious bibilophile.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My cabin is little I have two full books cases and have right full book cases at my.parents house and they are down sizing .I.Have tons of Alaska and Africa books .I am probably moving.to.Alaska sooner than later .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dgr,please let me know what books you are going to sell. I am interested. Also my preacher is a big Whelen fan + I load his .35 for him. I think he would be interested in your Master Rifleman book. I already have a copy.His mane is Peter + he is listed here on A.R. as tejas 07 (I think) I'll call him + ask him to check it out with you or just forward me your email addy + I will forward it to him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
drg,did Peter ever get back with you? I passed on the message.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. I can see the writing on the wall;as we all know preachers don't make much money. So what do you want for Mister Rifleman? Here I go again.Perhaps my fortune will be great in heaven,it sure is not here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent my.number on.pm .I have tons of Robert Ruark ,tons of Elmer Keith ,Tons of Jack oConner,bunch of steward white ,and a ton of safari.press trophy room books and tons of old first editions .I use to do SCI shows then went to Alaska .I am totally out of space till I build another room .My walls are full of heads so.no room.for book cases .I am keeping one set of Elmer Keith ,one set of Robert ruark ,one set of Russell Annabel and selling all the rest .I have some awesome old safari books .I even have Skeeter skeletons books and a bunch.more .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should see MY study!! Also am curious if you have any Ruark that I don't already have,grenadine etchings + grenadines spawn.Never read them,they might be crap,but I don't have them.I have all of Annabell's + Keith's + a few of Skeeter's. I am always interested in 1st editions. I know we are at an empasse here as you have too many to list + I don't know what to ask what you have. I did get your P.M. but no price on Mister Rifleman,also I did not understand your message about the other Whelen books but again there was no price mentioned.Please P.M. with as little trouble to yourself,Thanks,Randy

one of us
posted Hide Post
This list is so long it won't go on here .I was trying to find all my Townsend wheelen books .I did have his book hunting rifle .I have most all of Jack Conners books and he's not my favorite for sure .I think I have a ton of Robert Ruark books .I am kin to him through my dad .A friend of mine also knew him when he wrote for the Atlanta Journal and some how got tons of his books in the early 60s,and late 50s .Then.he started a book.store had them squirreled away and one day he offered me all of the rest he had so I got all of them .I.have a ton of Elmer Keith too bought all the last of Hell I was there hard backs made .I bought tons of Wolfe publishing before they quit making books too .I have a ton of Tales of a Big game Guide by Russell Annebel I bought what Derry Dale had left awesome book .I will list some In classified but call and its easier to find out what your looking for thanks Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. Mike,I'll give you a call.Talked with Peter last night + he said he would call you about the Whelen books.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,went through my P.M.'s but I must have deleted your phone #. Please send it to me again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent it twice should be there .If not.pm me yours and I will call tomorrow afternoon..Thanks Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike I'll try to call you tomorrow (Sunday) evening around 6:00 my time which should be mid afternoon for you.Best,Randy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't hear from you.so listing.them in.classifieds on.Here .I am running of of room and time gotta thin them down.big.Time !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,did you decide what you want for the 2 Ruark books (Poor No More + Grenadine Etching?)