THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Movie ! No country for old men .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie ! No country for old men .
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted
What was the shotgun used in that movie and did it shoot sabot's ? or what type of ammo did it shoot ?

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
If you are referring to the "gun" used by the hitman, it was a "captive-bolt gun". It punches a bolt of steel out about 2-3 inches using air pressure. The bolt then retracts.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw the movie and wondered if this was a regular comercial product, or if it was something they cooked up for the movie. Seemed like kind of an awkward utensil to me. I had to laugh every time I saw him hauling that tank out, cause you knew what was going to happen next.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the bolt gun is used in slaughter houses works great on everything from sows to cows.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
The shotgun used by the hitman was a Remington 11/87 with a sound suppressor. He was shooting buckshot, since you could see the patterns.

The other dude who was trying to hide the money had a Winchester Model 1897 with the barrel sawed off. Also shooting buckshot.

My favorite part was when the hitman shot Woody Harrelson. I've never cared for Woody. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Skinner.

Do you know who Woody's daddy is?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was.....he's dead, just another criminal who should have been executed years before his death.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that was an autoloading remington. I believe the book describes his other suppressed weapon as built out of an oil can, or along those lines.

Always wondered how a true canned shotty would work. I would think you could put a bunch of gas ports along the barrel and sleeve it with a can that parts the gas into separate chambers, that way you would avoid baffle strike w/the wad.

Strange... was thinking how great a spoof it would be to have a guy dressed up like Anton and have him go around offering to fill people's low tires. "Step out of the car please, you're tire pressure's low..." Smiler

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was ironic to cast Woody Harrelson in the role of a hired killer. His father was one in real life. Killed a Federal Judge in San Antonio (among others, I'm sure. It was the killing of the judge for which he was convicted and imprisoned.)

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wretch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:

It was ironic to cast Woody Harrelson in the role of a hired killer. His father was one in real life. Killed a Federal Judge in San Antonio (among others, I'm sure. It was the killing of the judge for which he was convicted and imprisoned.)

He was apparently one of the "three hobos" photographed in Dallas after the JFK assassination.