Tools

Cold and hunger coming to America?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
I have no idea why anyone would have dropped this cat off, he was a gentleman.

Because city folks have been brain washed not do to the right thing.

The anti's have done a great job of convincing people all animals are worth keeping around.

As one old farmer said there is nothing in the pound that a 22lr wouldn't take care of.

Dogs and cats are not a endangered species.

I have culled pets killing stock and do not hesitate to do so. These are always someone local's pets that have been allowed to roam freely. I do have a lot of compassion for dumped pets. They have no idea what has happened. One can simply put an ad on their local craigslist and give them away.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago someone dropped off a dog + my son took it down to the SPCA who told him that he needed to pay them $75.00 to accept him. He said, you are out of your mind. But they insisted so he just told them , screw it, I'll just take him back home + shoot him. OH, NO, We'll take him! REALLY, non of us want to kill drop off dogs to cats; the owners surely, but not the innocent. I did have a similar experience about 15 years ago with a dropped off dog hat I took own to the SPCA + they started giving me the same rigamorle; about this time a young lady with 2 small children pulled up + said that they were looking for a dog for their kids. I hip bumped the woman from SPCA out of the way + with my best Mr. Haney (from Green Acres) said, My dear, I have just what you want. She took the dog + the kids were thrilled, (it was a good friendly dog) but the SPCA bint was not. She just fumed at a lost sale I suppose.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of those 'rescues' are really about making sales.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure they are, but in some cases I don't mind. When I have got my last few cats (on different occasions) I have gone to the shelter + yes they charge you for the kittens but they have been fixed (mixed reviews there) had their shots + someone needs to pay for the food they all consume + the workers are voluntary.
So that works out O.K. It's the entry fee that offends me; they want to get paid at both ends. And as I have said, I think we are doing a service for the poor critters that some uncaring fools just left to starve. Heaven knows I have shot a lot in the past but I really hate to do that;now the dumpers, that's another matter, HA.HA, just kidding, right?

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a news snippet that 0biden said for Americans to expect lots of shortages at their supermarkets for the long term. If the Ukrainians can't eat you won't either.

Yay demorats!

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, almost every night I give my mother a call to check on her + it's always the same, "We've GOT to get that idiot out of the white house, he is destroying the nation!" And you're right, we ain't seen nothing yet. But no matter how bad things get you caN STILL COUNT ON THE TAX APPRAISER IN THE SPRING.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Most non-profits are hugely profitable.

They just get to lie about it.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Most non-profits are hugely profitable.

They just get to lie about it.

Yep. That's why there are so many of them.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, my business is not a nonprofit by name but since Biden's been in, it is in fact.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, I do not think the situation will get better at all with this administration. They are clearly bent on destroying the country.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, you are 100% correct, + for the life of me I can not understand the motive. But national destruction is their game plan + I find it hard to believe that there are folks out there that think this administration is doing a good job.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Ann, you are 100% correct, + for the life of me I can not understand the motive. But national destruction is their game plan + I find it hard to believe that there are folks out there that think this administration is doing a good job.

I understand it; However, I lack the required skills to explain it. The best I can do is remind that everyone in 1939 could see WW-II coming, yet 66 million died, with most being non-combatants, who starved to death.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I understand it; However, I lack the required skills to explain it. The best I can do is remind that everyone in 1939 could see WW-II coming, yet 66 million died, with most being non-combatants, who starved to death.

I think things are ripe for such trouble now. Most people have no idea how to take care of themselves anymore. It would even be very hard for me if the electric grid was switched off.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A.S. Yes, there were a lot of folks by 39 who knew what was going to happen. The smarter ones saw it in 33 when Hitler became chancellor. The starvation factor while true is mainly from statistics of concentration camp victims although the European populace was definitely on short rations. We won't even consider the Soviets; we know they had it hard, but then they always have + we could not believe anything Stalin said anyway. And I suppose that this is what pisses me off the most. That we have history to supposedly learn from, yet the similar idiots keep making the same mistakes. They could kill themselves with my blessing, but taking down the folks they are sworn to protect because of stupidity is beyond contempt. Ann, you are correct that most folks are clueless on self preservation, unless it's murdering their neighbor + stealing his food + water + that's not the same thing as being prepared. So add to that the current open borders to folks who are very used to scrounging for everything. You can "thank?" the Democrats for our current situation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So add to that the current open borders to folks who are very used to scrounging for everything. You can "thank?" the Democrats for our current situation.

IDK about that. Have you looked at the media that shows the people jumping the border? They don't look like they have missed any meals either. All are well dressed and have cell phones as well.

~Ann