Tools

Cold and hunger coming to America?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Plenty of men doing that too.

The same comment would apply

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dumb people indeed, Ann. Funny story here, to me at least. There was a group of hippies moved out here in the late 70's , vegetarians all + they decided that their dogs would be vegetarians too. So every night they let them sleep together with the goats until one night the dogs ate them. See, I find it humerous.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People are to blame in the inbalance in current wildlife + have been for some time. I remember running a trap line in 1970 when coons were bringing $45.00 ea. Foxes out of sight + folks were even buying possum hides. It tended to balance things out. Also then there were not a bunch of fairies wanting to throw paint on a woman wearing a fur. I will admit that as much as I love Quail hunting, I don't do it anymore because they clutch on the ground + we now have so few. That is the mindset of conservation IMO.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must add as an addendum that concerning that action from individuals throwing paint on ladies clothing; I am now not in prison because I was not there. Anyone who takes his personal opinions about issues + subjects others to his own overrated attack on a helpless lady (or any citizen) for his own personal political gain should be taken out + shot.There go my chances for the white house Wink .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I believe the lack of balance will continue. The zombie populace has been fully indoctrinated. Most 'hunters' these days rely on loading feeders with corn or pellets and sit in a blind. Those 'feeders' are also feeding and producing a ton of coon and possums. They do nothing to trap and eliminate them.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I see that people in RV's have dogs as they like to pick up the shit sometimes. I have stepped into a pile of crap in a park that wasn't supposed to have a dog. They would let their dog out before day light and it would come over to my site and crap. I took a load of shit over and placed it on the steps of their motorhome and that put a stop to letting the dog out without an owner with a leash. Your coment below was great.

Another symptom of the insanity is the fur-baby syndrome. Overfed untrained dogs being treated as if they are human babies instead of dogs. They dress them in clothes, push them in baby carriages, take them to grocery stores, use harnesses that cause undisciplined pulling and tugging dogs yanking the owners arms out of the sockets. No manners. It's always entertaining to me to see 100 pound dogs jerking their owner nearly off their feet. Yeah, fur-baby.

The above is true as my sister in law has a 120 lb German Shepard as a service dog. Ha Ha

Posts: 91 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 December 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Les, I am all for responsible pet ownership. That's really poor taste to allow a pet to shit on someone else's area and not clean it up.

As a rancher, there have been occasions where someone's fur baby came and killed livestock. Fur baby never made it back home. I don't like having to do that but cannot sustain the financial loss nor loss of genetics when a fur baby does that.

There are local guys who run hounds on coyotes here. They have been through quite a lot this week. Their hounds are welcome. They never bother my stock. I've had a very mangy coyote on camera and hope they catch it.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are local guys who run hounds on coyotes here. They have been through quite a lot this week. Their hounds are welcome. They never bother my stock. I've had a very mangy coyote on camera and hope they catch it.

Ann you should go running with them it is a lot of fun.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

Ann you should go running with them it is a lot of fun.

Oh, I know it is. In glory days I used to hunt in the traditional horse and hound pack. These local guys sit in their trucks out on the roads and look at GPS to see what their hounds are doing. That wouldn't appeal much to me. I do enjoy hearing hounds work, especially in these hills. Great voices.

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to try it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago we had an old goat rancher, nice guy named Lloyd Fry who had no truck with city folks moving out + just letting their dogs run free + if they killed some goats, who cares, right? Wrong. Old Mr. Fry kept a Mini 14 in his gun rack + had also done a bit of study on the law, as it stood in the 70s. Seems the dog didn't even need to be on your property, just approaching your property was justifiable cause to kill them. + he did. He also put out the word that he would trade lb. for lb. goat meat for dead dog meat. You know, it didn't take long for him to have no more dog problems. I can sympathize with him for several reasons, not least the loss of stock; but all those folks who come out here in the country + drop off their dogs + cats in the wild. (Theres a warm place in Hell for people like that.)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
About this time last year I found an adult male cat in one of my hen houses hiding in a nest box. He was no doubt a drop-off. Poor thing was skinny as could be, full of ticks and scared. My hens were afraid of him and he of them.

He seemed fairly tame so I began feeding him and in a few days the hens too accepted him. I treated him for the tick infestation. He was actually a really nice and well mannered cat. About a month into his tenure I found him dead on the coop floor. I was really sad about that.

I have no idea why anyone would have dropped this cat off, he was a gentleman.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, there are some evil ,souless people out there + you can't understand their behavior I suppose unless you are just as bad. Thank God we are not. I do have one bit of positive feed back though. Several years ago a Lady that I knew managed the Circle K store at the IH 35 overpass in Georgetown. She had just bought a 35 MM Canon camera + was playing with it out the window when this guy stops on the overhead bridge, opens his door + dumps a box of kittens on the bridge. CLICK,CLICK, CLICK on film. They fryed his ass! Kinda gives you a warm cozy feeling, eh? That MAYBE SOMEWHERE, justice is being done.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no idea why anyone would have dropped this cat off, he was a gentleman.

Because city folks have been brain washed not do to the right thing.

The anti's have done a great job of convincing people all animals are worth keeping around.

As one old farmer said there is nothing in the pound that a 22lr wouldn't take care of.

Dogs and cats are not a endangered species.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a note:

A former co-worker of mine living in the northeast just paid $5.10 a gallon for 98 gallons of delivered kerosene. Insane.

~Ann